Cardcaptor Sakura is coming back!

Pic related. I just happened to type Cardcaptor Sakura in to YouTube and I stumbled on the news.

For me however that's a problem. Cardcaptor Sakura was the first anime that I watched when I decided to actually get in to anime. I must've been less than 12 at the time and therefore I can barely remember anything of the show other than it being a generic magical girls show. Should I rewatch it? Now that I've seen the likes of Tokyo Mew Mew and Shugo Chara I reckon that that I'll be able to appreciate the superior quality that CCS allegedly was, although I still think that it's best that I get the Sup Forums opinion and make sure that I'm not walking in to some kind of Hell.

Weak bait.
Shugo Chara and Tokyo Mew Mew are both excellent.

why

>news
Fuck off retard.

Learn how to use the catalog, fucking faggot

Our opinions must differ massively. If anything I would've called your post bait. I can maybe understand defending Chara, but as far as I can tell Mew Mew is indefensible.

Fuck it, if you're not baiting then I'd like to see your defence of Mew Mew. Although to be honest I'd be more willing to argue over Chara because I'm finding it impossible to believe that someone actually liked Mew Mew.

>Shugo Chara and Tokyo Mew Mew are both excellent

Man of culture. I see

>catalog
All I saw was a /c/-tier "Sakura is best loli" thread.

I honestly can't tell if you're trolling or serious. At risk of looking like a fool I'll repeat what I said in

Go away streamfag

Go away generalfag

Having grown up on both, both have their huge flaws but are still incredibly likable.

I'd grant you that for Chara but not for Mew Mew. The original Shugo Chara was always at least one step away from being good, so it kept you hooked because you always thought that sooner or later it was going to get good, while Doki's character were so good that you could easily watch the show just for them (lets not talk about Party), but Mew Mew has none of that. Aside from the one or two funny cat segments it was plain and simply the most generic magical girl show that you'll ever see, it was almost nothing but back-to-back monster of the week episodes strung together with stock footage, along with a little bit of silly romance thrown in and it's overarching plot was little more than predictable twists and barring a few minor romance things, many of its characters can be entirely described by their archetypes.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Chara was hugely flawed, but forgivable, while Mew Mew was just plain shit.

>lets not talk about Party
Live action stuff aside, what's wrong about Party?

I won't disagree with you about Tokyo Mew Mew, but it has it's own charm. I guess honestly, it was just something to get into as a child. I would never recommend it to someone who is already exposed to anime. I think it's a good gateway show though. I'd tell someone to watch TMM, Sailor Moon, PreCure and Shugo Chara to begin the genre. Others i'm sure i'm forgetting too.

>Live action stuff aside, what's wrong about Party?
Honestly I can't really remember. Skipping the live action you've got what, 25 8 minute episodes? Trying my hardest, all I can really recall is that sidelined the characters from Doki, killing what made Doki what it was, dumbed the show down a bit (I can't remember the details, but when I watched it I can remember thinking that if Doki was for preteens then Party was for toddlers), and finally I can remember that it's so hated by the fandom that the fandom likes to pretend that it doesn't exist (meaning that you could probably do some googling and find all of the answers that you want). I can also remember some issues with them changing what The Embryo really does, although that might've been the end of Doki rather than part of Party.

>I'd tell someone to watch TMM, Sailor Moon, PreCure and Shugo Chara to begin the genre. Others i'm sure i'm forgetting too.
What about CCS? Would my prior lack of familiarity of the genre have significantly hurt my enjoyment of the show?

OP is a faggot but I can't wait for Clear Card-hen, Madhouse needs atone for dropping OPM. With only Twin Angel Break, Symphogear and YuYuYu, 2017 was a bad year for mahou shoujo, even a la Mode was boring. I hope 2018 will be better.

>Skipping the live action you've got what, 25 8 minute episodes? Trying my hardest, all I can really recall is that sidelined the characters from Doki, killing what made Doki what it was, dumbed the show down a bit (I can't remember the details, but when I watched it I can remember thinking that if Doki was for preteens then Party was for toddlers)
Yeah, Party was much more intended for little, little kids but that didn't make me like it less. Still had Amu. Still had that hilarious episode between Nagihiko/Nadeshiko and Rima. Rikka was enjoyable, and seeing the X eggs explode in despair was kinda intense.

>and finally I can remember that it's so hated by the fandom that the fandom likes to pretend that it doesn't exist (meaning that you could probably do some googling and find all of the answers that you want).
Dumb fans are dumb?

> I can also remember some issues with them changing what The Embryo really does, although that might've been the end of Doki rather than part of Party.
Unless I am wrong, wasn't the Embryo just whatshisname's egg?

>What about CCS? Would my prior lack of familiarity of the genre have significantly hurt my enjoyment of the show?
Oh, no. I don't know why I forgot about CCS. Personally I'd say watch it after watching really bland stuff like TMM, Mermaid Melody, and Kamachama Karin. All of which I love though.

>Unless I am wrong, wasn't the Embryo just whatshisname's egg?
Yes. And that's exactly the fucking problem, particularly given that (if memory serves) it was implied that the headteacher knew. Once The Embryo stops being a magical wish granting object, you can throw away the motivation behind the past 100-something episodes.

But wasn't that the same thing in the manga?

I honestly don't know, but that still doesn't quite forgive it.

It doesn't, I just thought you meant it was a Party only problem.

>TMM, Mermaid Melody, and Kamachama Karin. All of which I love though.
>Mermaid Melody
>which I love
Isn't that meant to be a solid contender for the title of "worst anime ever"?

Since when? I admit it's bland, it has lots of problems, but give it to someone who doesn't have a huge exposure to anime.

Dear diary, today OP was the most humongous faggot ever and he should commit an hero out of this website.

Maybe my memory's failing me, but at the very least I'm sure that I've seen it laughed at in a lot of mahou shoujo threads.

I understand that it's not anywhere near the best but to me when it comes to magical girl series, you should watch even the worse stuff. Having watched stuff from Mermaid Melody to Moetan to Nanoha made me appreciate Madoka, Twin Angel Break and Princess Tutu more.

Japan doesn't know when to leave a series alone.

Sasuga nu-Sup Forums

Kill yourself you retarded faggot.

True. Heck, isn't Higurashi still going?

>when it comes to magical girl series, you should watch even the worse stuff
Why would you have taste that is this bad?