Danganronpa

Here we thought Danganronpa 3 was the worst thing they spat out in the series

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MwhgHz3Fm3o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It was intended.
The message was very clear, ``Stop asking for more Danganronpa you bastards, I don´t wanna keep doing this anymore´´.

Didn't Kodaka say there will be more games?

His bosses keep him locked into a basement doing more Danganronpa, It was a cry for help.

It's Zero Time Dilemma all over again

Just damaged control to keep spike chunsoft off his back. Just play back the ending again.
You as a player took control of Kibou, clicked remedy and then just wait for the time to run out.
You literally have to stop playing to reach the ending.

It's pretty funny that V3 did all the 4th breaking fuckery that people theorized and wanted the anime to do, yet hated it for it.
Kodoka just can't catch a break.

>implying V3 had any 4th wall breaking

It was entirely in their universe.

More brainlets who didn't understand the ending.

What's wrong with Zero Time Dilemma?
I never saw the time travelling twist where you give birth to the twins coming. It was a huge mind fuck.

>What's wrong with Zero Time Dilemma?

>not danganronpa 6.5

People disliking ZTD and posting memes pictures because they were too dumb to understand the ending and the motivations when we , the players already understand them or don't need them since we've got them in another ending already.

it's always fun to see those who understood ZTD and those who only went for the internet memes

>I’m a brainlet who didn’t understand the ending

I thought the brainlet thing was just a meme but wow, the outside world in DRV3 isn't our world dummies. There is no actual 4th wall breaking.

The supposed 4th wall breaking was super awkward at first, but if you actually pay attention during the whole trial, it's all done seriously and in-story.
It's just terminology and the scenario itself closely related to the game and the player playing the game, so the reveal itself was easy to relate to.
Rather, by writing it off as breaking the fourth wall, you'd be be in just as much denial as the characters were not wanting to believe it was all "fiction".

That said, Tsumugi bored me, before and after everything was all and done.

but danganronpa was retarded since it's inception

Too much building and a unsatisfying ending.

>Deluding yourself into believing people who don't like eating shit just don't understand the deep and complex flavor

If you have played Ever17, you would know that he was a 1trick pony and would reuse the same trick. That said it was still a huge mindfuck since his main purpose in creating the decision game was to ensure his own birth.

Or maybe they were posting memes because of how stupid the plot was

>deluding yourself that because you can’t understand something it’s bad
Sasuga brainlet

People EXPECTED the anime to do it. They didn't WANT to, but since the anime was crap for most people at this point anyway, it wasn't a problem.

I feel a lot of people dislike ZTD for the wrong reasons. I had no problems with the ending at all. The ending was fine. MIND HACC and COMPLEX MOTIVES were honestly par for the course after VLR's SHIFTer stuff and that fucking convoluted time jump plan they have to try explaining to you with visuals three times.

No, the real problem with ZTD is the laziness of quite a few of the endings. What purpose did Zero serve by having one of the choices be "press button, get blown up"? There didn't need to be a timeline split there. Similarly there was absolutely no reason that he had to make a fuckton of hundreds of thousands of alternate death timelines with the 6 6 6 dice. Several of the reveals, including Q's identity and the secret of the time sleep schedules were handled very well I thought.

Pretty much all true. That's why the memes are just stupid in this case.

>he actually believed the mastermind
How can someone be this fucking stupid

Problem was that it didn't follow through with most of the setup the epilogue of VLR left. Oh and Phi never had any fucking orange eyebrows until ZTD so you could see that was added later in development.

I'm just surprised that Himiko was such a good character.

And I´m surprised that she survived until the end.

>can't escape brainlets even on Sup Forums

>theme of the game is lies and truth
>flies over the puny heads of brainlets as they whine about everything Moogie said when she was legitimately fucking insane and half of what she said was probably a lie besides the game being a TV show

Have you prayed to Atua today?

I mean, it's more of in-game 4th wall breaking for the characters themselves who are real people trapped in a fictional setting

There is only one true being I pray to

Then why didn´t Future Foundation stopped her?
Keep clinging to Hope faggot.

Didn't the game literally end with the line "This isn't over yet" or something like that?

>DRV3 cast becomes part of Ultimate Despair with their talents intact
Who would be the most dangerous?

>K1-B0 becomes a literal Android Killing Machine

>game thread in Sup Forums
What th e fuck?

We don't even know if DR1 actually happened in V3 or whether it was a game. Which is my issue with V3's ending, we never got any closure.

Because even when they refused both hope and despair, they still got hope at the end.
There will ALWAYS be hope. FUCKING ALWAYS. Even if it sucks.

>Komaeda was right all along, that hope never dies

On the level of sheer destructive power probably Miu, she can probably make a lot of Exisal's and other mean robots.

Angie could also end up being really dangerous despite her weak talent if she's able to spread her cult. Same thing with Ouma

Right answer would be Himiko though because her magic is real

The whole world was ``Komaedatized´´, so the game was created as a machine that generates despair for the sake of creating hope. At the end, it was hope that expreaded like a virus,not despair.

>mfw Ouma's official art compares him to Hitler
>in the end he's actually a cool guy

>Komaeda wins again even in death

Truly the Luckiest.

DR is probably the steadiest a series has gone downhill since Bleach.

Is it really that bad? I was really burned out on the franchise after the anime. Couldn't get past the first hour of V3 because it felt like it was going to be the same tired shit and the BGM of the mini Monokumas got annoying after the third play.

>not liking ONE

>a bunch of great ideals and plans to fight "the enemy" that ended in a bunch needless deaths and his suicide
He is literally Hitler

>meaningless deaths

Kaito was going to die anyways and so was Ouma himself after Maki shot him. He made the best out of the situation and gave the mastermind a big middle finger. Ouma did nothing wrong.

Dub saves it though.

>HE IS ALL THAT REMAINS OF A ONCE POWERFUL NATION

He got himself in that situation
He decided to play the bad guy to defeat the enemy but failed and ended up causing a bunch of deaths

Are you invested in Danganronpa lore? Then it'll probably be shit for you. Do you like Danganronpa for the crazy bullshit it pulls? Then you'll probably like it.

It creates a whole new lore, so it´s okay.

When I read this I can't help but think DG53 was tame as fuck. There were way more fun things that could have been done with this concept of brainwashing real people to create fictional characters.
I still can't help but think Kodaka wrote most of the crimes without knowing what he would make the twist be.

The ending could have been easier to swallow if they didnt alter the characters' personalities, I think thats the thing that pissed people off the most. If it was just the talents fabricated that'd be fine. With the personalities altered it makes you loose the connection you built with them the whole game.

Is this a game thread or an anime thread?

>With the personalities altered it makes you loose the connection you built with them the whole game
Yeah, that's a deal breaker investment wise. The same thing happened in Escaflowne with Dilandau.
By the end of the trial I managed to consider the fictional personalities to be their own people but I'm pretty sure not everyone can do that. Kaito in particular is the most hurt by this. The guy was basically a hero but the twist that he's completely fabricated is pretty despair inducing. Ironically enough Kibo ended up being the most authentic human bean around.

It's a Danganronpa thread, which is a multimedia franchise. It has both anime and game intallments. And one can't be talked about without the other.

Tsumugi did nothing wrong

Why was she so plain and uninteresting?

It was a big misstep since the appeal of danganronpa is really the characters, not the murders and shock value. They give you wacky characters to grow attatched to and be sad when they die, without that the murders and executions wouldnt have any impact. The characters in 2 are still my favorite cast because of how much I enjoyed the interactions and group banter that takes up most of the gameplay.

What the fuck is with this new brainlet shitposting?

Fucking EOPs are disgusting, V3 suck dick

>it was a big misstep since the appeal of danganronpa is really the characters, not the murders and shock value
Exactly, and there's no way Kodaka didn't know this. I suppose he was just too much of a madman to care. Muh twist > good game experience.

Kodaka shitting on the anime-original cast:
>KODAKA: Munakata was supposed to die. As I recall, he was going to die protecting Naegi. I think at this point I’m happy he didn’t actually die, but mostly because I want him to carry the weight of his sin from that time he tried to get rid of Sakakura. I tweaked that part of the script because I wanted Naegi to move forward carrying the burden of hope, Hinata to move forward carrying the burden of despair, and Munakata to move forward carrying the burden of his dead friends. Really, the plan was to include what happens to all sorts of different characters after Kibou-hen during the credits, but they all got cut for length. There was a scene about what happens to Munakata afterwards, too.
>kamase-megane.tumblr.com/post/153504419222/dr3-spoiler-warning-heres-a-post-kibou-hen

Why is Kodaka such an asshole? Does he hate his own characters? Was he forced into writing them, or something? I don't even know how to call this - giving the thickest plot armour ever to the old cast and inflicting suffering, death in despair and failure on every single character from the new cast (save for Mitarai). This is ridiculous.

I don't know if it's as clear cut as that. When you go through the prologue again, you know they hadn't been altered yet since Rantaro still had his meta knowledge. And granted it was a small sample, but Kaede's and Shuichi's dynamic was pretty similar both pre and post talent. The only one who seemed noticeably different was Kokichi. But from the prologue, we can at least conclude their names weren't changed, which leads you to wonder what else stayed the same.

No, I'm not an Atuist.

And it still is.

Also Kaede was aware of the mono-prefix which implies that she also knew about the killing game

I don't see anything wrong with that, it's an author's job to torture his characters. And Kodaka excells at it.
If I had to say I think the reason he killed off most of the new cast was to make them more memorable. You don't have the time to get attached to most of these guys, so death acts as a catalyst to make you care. Just like how a flame shines brighter right before it disappears.

IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN REMOTELY CONTROL OUR BOY JUZO
Punches Naegi and makes him bleed
Knee'd the fuck out of Anxiety fag and makes dweebs drop faster than the Detroit police department
Went one on one with Gozuboys
Rekt Hinata so hard he turn Izuru
100% accuracy rate in Olympic chair throwing, that one miss on Kirigiri was just to flex his muscles and check dat ass
Went full ham on the old man and crew just to get his kick quota fulfilled
Roundhousekicks the everlasting shit out of Monaca's puppet
Too busy punching manlets, so some mentally deranged kid blows up half the school.
Great try, but no normalfags died
Fucking reeeeeeeeeee
Tried to take kill the donut but jobbed again.
Survived 2 missile barrages by some random ass cripple in a wheelchair.
HE WILL BE THE ONE TO SLAY PUNISHED SHADOW PERSONA, A MAN WHO HAS ALREADY BECOME DESPAIR, A MAN WITH NO WAIFU, NOTHING TO LOSE.
He is gonna kick everyone in the damn anime and survive, shrugging it off while kicking the traitor back to hell. HE WAS LITERALLY INVOLVED IN ALL THE DEATHS, HE'S GONNA KICK EVERYONE.
J U Z O B O Y S
PS: Normalfags and Chiakifags need not apply to based Juzo.

>I don't see anything wrong with that
Why? You realise that by giving the old cast a free pass and shitting on everybody else the story becomes an unintentional farce? Kodaka's biased sparing of his 'pets' is something typical to teen-written fanfiction.

>And Kodaka excells at it
Apparently not, given that Kirigiri was miraculously resurrected. It was so cheap.

>death acts as a catalyst to make you care
Only hacks resort to to this kind of trick REPEATEDLY. Kodaka executed it in all but two cases (Mitarai, Munakata). Something an edgy teen or the young Yoshiyuki Tomino would do.

The resolution of the Future Arc was so jarring. Either focus on the game characters or write them out completely and focus on th new ones, for fuck's sake! I don't know what kind of 'message' were they trying to get through. That life is always unfair if you don't bask in the shadow of the protag glory? That even if you changed as a person and learned how to accept and forgive others, it all amounts to nothing and you're better off dead anyway? ONLY THE DEAD CAN KNOW PEACE FROM THIS EVIL? Was the show a campaign to promote suicide? Where is the Hope?

You see, my main gripe with the show is 'selective tragedy'.

>you realise that by giving the old cast a free pass and shitting on everybody else the story becomes an unintentional farce?
No, I don't.

>odaka's biased sparing of his 'pets' is something typical to teen-written fanfiction
Probably, but honestly that didn't bother me. I didn't even notice to be honest.

Don't forget using a brainwashing animu to remove any blame from DR2's cast's actions as Junko's followers. (Oh, and Izuru only killed a single dude and it was self defense)

> I don't know what kind of 'message' were they trying to get through. That life is always unfair if you don't bask in the shadow of the protag glory? That even if you changed as a person and learned how to accept and forgive others, it all amounts to nothing and you're better off dead anyway? ONLY THE DEAD CAN KNOW PEACE FROM THIS EVIL? Was the show a campaign to promote suicide? Where is the Hope?

You think there's a message? I don't think there is. The game always made a point of killing both people who deserved it and people who didn't. And I don't want to sound edgy but life is the same. DG is pure entertainment, there's no message, except maybe "don't give up" and a manifesto for personal growth.

>You see, my main gripe with the show is 'selective tragedy'
Again, it's the same irl. I don't have a problem with that. Basically you're just mad characters you don't care about got off scott free while your favourite died. It happens.

>LIVE AND DIE FOR THE MEME

Didn't he also talk about memes on the japanese audio?

Jesus, that's even funnier and more ridiculous.
Amazing.

I can't tell if you're being serious or if you're that retarded. The message was "fiction has a big impact on real life" and it's true, fiction is what inspires and changes people. We have personal attachments to fictional characters, not because they're real but because they matter to us.

>Why is Kodaka such an asshole?
He wrote the anime because of demand and fanservice. They are many more restrictions when it comes to anime script compared to making a game script.

Meme is an actual word in the dictionary, it's a culture or idea that spreads rapidly from person to person.

Kaito is a mistake

>big twist is that everyone lves DR so much they made an actual show of it
>Kiibo getting hacked by the audience (you) to scream DR1 dialogue in the character's face when they are in despair
>voting time is about whetever DR should keep going or stop (no one votes so no one cares about DR anymore what a big impact)
>MC literally screams "THIS IS THE END OF DANGANRONPA"
>"b-but it's about how FIKCHION h-h-has an impact on real life!"
I understand no wanting to see the truth but when the game is saying "STOP MAKING ME MAKE MORE DR YOU PIECES OF SHIT I WANTED TO STOP AFTER THE FIRST ONE" you can't say the anti-DR message is not in the game and call someone retarted for it.
not him btw

Kaito was a big fat mistake

Kodaka said that wasn't the angle he was going for and apologized if people took it that way.

He can because you retards not only misunderstand the message, but force your bullshit as the truth
If we were meant to be DR 53 TV's audience, the MC we control would be Kiibo.
And no, you retard. You don't hack Kiibo. The only point the player participates in Kiibo's poll is before he gets hacked.
Kill yourself, brainlet

How can you say there wasn't an anti-DR message when the character all say they want DR to end?

But Kiibo wasn't hijacked before Chapter 6 where the audience have full control of him, whereas before they only voted in polls

They want a reality show where people die to end. Not a fictional videogame, retard

The ending was shit because Junko had an hour of dialogue about how the world was fake and everything was lies when I got the point the minute she broke the fourth wall. That was an hour I sat in apathy when I could have been reading something less retarded

>"fiction has a big impact on real life"
That reminds me the other day I listened to a guy talking on the radio who was investigating stuff like angelology, demonology, christianity, and animism. The gist of his point was that people originally used fiction to explain and make sense of the world. That's the purpose of people like soothsayers who read the will of the gods in fish and chamans. In the same vein angelology is the work of a single autist who wanted to make theories about who the angels in the Bible were and what kind of organization they belonged to. He's basically no different from a youtuber who keeps churning out new elaborate theories on what the One Piece is.
Anyways, all this stuff was pretty harmless, fun, and rather useful at first, but the problems started to come when people took those stories too seriously, tried to make sense of it, and became dogmatic in their interpretation, which later gave birth to religion.
Never forget when people fight waifuwars or fujos get triggered by a ship that billions of people died in religious wars over a disagreement on what the canon of this world is.

And? When he gets hijacked, you control Shuichi against him.

No 4th wall was broken

You still play as him after he was hijacked, you take back control of Shuichi because you can't lose as the person you're controlling in DR

>GOODBYE despair.
>THE END of kibougamine gakuen
>V3
He clearly wants to end it so much.

Witht the show ending, DR will end with it as it was the epitome of the DR series, they can't go back to games now

>you can't lose as the person you're controlling in DR
>final trial's final segment is you getting various game overs
What did brainlet-kun mean by this?
Also, the part where you play as him is before he was hijacked, when he still had his own personality