There is no good or evil in Legend of the Galactic He-

>There is no good or evil in Legend of the Galactic He-

name one thing they did wrong

Fuck the earth cult, I dont mind phezzan baldy though.

Cause the deaths of millions for monetary gain.

Just good Christians doer trying to bring humanity back to its root.

Lex Luthor and Darth Sidious?

Killed Yang Wenli. Basically fucked over everyone.

Was thinking the same.

Crazy =/= Evil

Why did the Terraists kidnap Fork?

>the Terraists kidnap Fork
>they put Fork on a ship
>they say "Look out, Yang, that ship has Fork on it!"
>they blow up the ship before Yang can confirm that Fork is on it
>they say "We killed Fork for you, don't you trust us now?"
Couldn't they have accomplished the same thing by blowing up an empty ship?

>yeah sure, oh its time to take sleeping pills

Quick Question: Do enlisted soldiers lack drying machines because the Empire lacks sufficient resources to provide everyone with drying machines, or is it by intentional design because the officers want the enlisted to feel inferior?

I do. I hated every scene where he and his bitch sipped wine and discussed his behind the scenes schemes. It felt like a parody of Game of Thrones.

>Terraists
Talk about characters that singlehandedly undermine the entire theme of a show.

Left is good, right is evil

It's probably one of those things you are supposed to overlook because of the whole pre-20th century in space thing, but if it was intentional I would probably say the latter.

Probably the second one, the whole Empire is a massive larp party. Look at the technological level shown during the Alliance invasion, it's not something out of year 3500 but 1500.

What's hilarious is that despite this, FPA is so badly managed that they still lag behind the Empire in military tech.

Rubinksy is quite interesting, but the Terraists were awful despite their base concept being interesting. I'm in the middle of a rewatch right now and Phezzan's machinations are well done.

Behind the Empire and FPA conflict is a scheming merchant, at first inspection in it just for the profit. But behind that there is some insane cult pulling the strings for completely different reasons. It would have been nice if their motivations were elaborated instead of 'oh they're just a bunch of coked up lunatics' which makes them cartoonishly evil.

Ironically enough, the fact that they killed Yang instead of the empire doing it made them a common enemy and allowed all sides to finally come together. Eventually leading to Julian talking friendly to Reinhard about constitutionalism.
They were so incompetent they ended up contributing greatly to galactic peace.

But Luthor and Palpatine are both evil.

I love Rubinsky too user, but he's not perfectly good ALL the time.

It's the future and they still do all their farming by hand instead of machinery despite there being billions of people. Don't question it.

The FPA is pretty well-managed and offers a higher quality of life to its citizens.

The FPA just lags behind because there is a MASSIVE population gap between the two.

What was the point of modifying an image that already existed 2 months earlier?

> FPA
> Well managed

Remember the FPA invasion of the Empire?The one that that ended with the near total defeat at the batttle of Amlitzer, which reduced the FPA military capacity so much they were pretty much fucked over for the rest of the war allowing the imperials to walk all over them?

Or that useless tribunal that spent their time persecuting Yang, because they were afraid he'd overthrow the government because it was so poorly managed?

Remember Truniht?

I always thought that was LOGH's thing, the agony of choosing between a poorly run democracy or a well run autocracy.

Sheev?

The upper echelon of the Empire is tight and well structured (even far moreso after Reinhard purged the high nobles), while the governing forces of the FPA are messy and inefficient.
The situations seem reversed when you get down to the level of the average citizenry. The Empire is a galactic space-age civilization where 90% of the population lives as though it were the feudal age. If that's not poorly managed, then I don't know what is.
Admittedly we don't see much of the FPA's average citizens' lives outside of Heinessen.

Average citizens in the FPA live free lives and aren't forced into slavery, even if they speak out against the government. If you go into Gaiden, even the Empire POWs live the life of luxury in the FPA.

The FPA is flawed, but it's nowhere near the level of the pre-Reinhard Empire.

Like said, pretty sure the peasants of the empire are kept fuedal precisley so that they can be 'managed' easily. Difficult to disagree with your noble overlords when they have lasers and spaceships and you have a pitchfork and a bag of potatoes.

Plus then the nobles get to play at being 18th century barons.

My guess is Heinessen is a pretty good benchmark for FPA worlds, El Fazil looks pretty similar. Their citizenry is nearly always depicted as being up in arms about how their government promises them freedom and democracy, but never actually follows through.

The FPA are clearly the preferable society on paper, but ther abismal application of their ideals hamper them.

Meanwhile the empire is obvs the more 'evil' society, but just because they have their shit together after Reinhard takes control they are comparativley better than the FPA.

Isn't that kind of Julian's end thought, if the Empire becomes a constitutional monarchy, the FPA will be completely obsolete because the only thing they did better than the empire was promise equality.

Whats with the hair? Why is it purple?

>Leader is literally named DeVillie
Might as well make Cruello his first name.

It's the XXI century and people still do their farming by hand instead of machinery despite there being 7 billions of people.

>Cruello
What was that from again? The cartoon with the Dalmatians?

I mean, most people are implicitly referring to the two sides in the war when they say that.

Just as planned.

A lot of those planets were usually just run by people with military power and didn't give 2 shits about stuff outside their palace/mansion.The people there were generally just slightly free-er versions of slaves. The FPA showed that they had done much more in terms of advancement bioengenering with crops and such.

A pity they had wishbones where their backbones should have been.

>my head hurts
>this secret underground bunker is too cold
>I could come up with a real cool plan to defeat the Kaiser and reclaim the sovereignty of Phezzan if my head didn't hurt so much
Rubinsky was 2 real in the endgame.

Are you fucking retarded and don't get the point?

That's a screen cap of Phezzan though. My guess is that that particular farm eschewed a lot of heavy machinery because it was more of a fraternity for ex-Lippstadt Alliance soldiers who didn't believe they had a future in the Empire anymore than it was a business trying to make a profit.

after reading the novel you learn that left is the true hero of LoGH

>tried to keep his planet free
>advocated for free market
>allowed Reinhard to take over FPA
>sold out Earthfucks to Imperials

Childhood is something something blah blah blah.

Adulthood is realizing that LoGH has no heroes.