Are characters whose arcs revolve strictly around their daddy issues poorly written?

Are characters whose arcs revolve strictly around their daddy issues poorly written?

Yes

fuck you, Future Trunks is the best DB character.

He's a plot device, not a character

so you didn't actually watch DBZ then and you just came here to bait

He literally has almost no character outside of being normal compared to the rest of the cast and his daddy issues. This isn't even an opinion, this is fact.

This

No. If daddy issues is the focus, it's the focus. Poor writing is poor writing, as in, DB has a lot of poor writing.

Pretty much.

That's what most real people lives revolve around, so I don't see why they would be

Those two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. I personally assume that some character's whose arcs revolve strictly around their daddy issues could be either well, or poorly written.

Maybe even a main character, if it was in the right novel or story.

Fucking this

Piss

Like with writing about anything else, it all depends on the execution, OP.

She might not have daddy issues, but her daddy sure is an issue

Do video game characters count?

On

I like the fact that he's a normal dude despite the fact he comes from a fucked up timeline. His optimism is different from Goku's laid back optimism who assumes everything will work out if he trains real hard and wakuwaku's the enemy long enough.

He's one of the better written characters in DB. His motives are consistent, his actions, justified and his personality makes sense.
You might be retarded.

I agree. Saying Trunks has no character is just dumb

Trunks didn't have any daddy issues other than maybe not wanting to hurt Vegeta's pride.

I think the OP is projecting.

It looks more like to me you take his qhole characterisation from the abridged version.
His daddy issues weren't that heavy in the real show.

Really I don't even think Trunks has daddy issues. He just wanted to spend time with his father since he died when Trunks was less than a year old, that's perfectly normal