Is true artificial intelligence, one that is sentient and capable of emotions, "life"?

Is true artificial intelligence, one that is sentient and capable of emotions, "life"?

Attached: 1520122281798.jpg (2000x2000, 537K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/YNdyO
us.jnto.go.jp/cometojapan/food/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Define "Life".

What is your objective measurement of "Life".

Fire is alive.

Only if it's a sexy trap.

You're a little late to the Westworld party, user. Season two next month.

>Fire is alive.
This elementary school gayness. It "eats" and "breathes" so fire is alive. No dumbass fire is not alive.

imgur.com/a/YNdyO

rest of the photos

>What is your objective measurement of "Life".
Two requirements:
1. You can stick your dick in it.
2. It understands its situation in the world enough to not want your loser dick stuck in it.
So... maybe?

Wouldn't that make me early then?

Time in the show doesn't make sense, either.

It also grows and has babies.

Season two. You're a year late.

Does it pass the Nigger Test?
If it can out hustle a nigger or beat a nigger in a rap battle then it's accepted as a true AI.
Good enough for the hood
Good enough for the matrix

Westworld is retarded.

Ex Machina, Short Circuit, Data from star trek tng etc. Are all better examples that pose the question of AI being life.

>What is your objective measurement of "Life".

I dunno. That's what I'm contemplating. I was gonna say something like life requires thought but plants are alive and don't think.

not really but that's not exactly an insult since life just describes living organisms

your mums pussy crabs are "life"

There is no such thing as 'true AI'. It's just a very very advanced AI that is programmed in such a deep extent by so many smart people that dumbasses like us can only comprehend it as it being sapient or some shit.

If a robot's creators claimed they are surprised by what their robot started feeling and claim they hadn't predicted it, they either lie or it is bugged.

Did you ever play mass effect trilogy? The Geth from mass effect? In 3 you have to option to obliterate them or recruit them to help fight the reapers. Are the Geth "alive" even though they're machines created an organic species?

>There is no such thing as 'true AI'
But what if there was? Would you consider it to be alive?

I don’t consider anything that isn’t actual flesh to be truly alive. I think the real definition of life only applies to things that grew and gained them organically. With technology you are actively in control of how the program will eventually work and perceive consciousness.

>Are the Geth "alive" even though they're machines created an organic species?
Created BY an organic species. Sorry. Typo

Did you really just say Short Circuit was better than Westworld? And st:tng wasn't even about data and what humanity means. That's the entire point of Westworld. Never seen Ex Machina so I can't say anything about that.

what if humans were manufactured in the first place, would we then be machines?

Anything capable of reproduction

No fucking emotions for AI please or we might get a woman AI and then its all over.

And that's all of Sara that exists besides one more unrelated pic I don't have handy. If anyone has more pics or info, would be appreciated

Attached: 1520967804048m.jpg (825x1024, 168K)

Well, 'true' and 'artificial' can't really go together in the sense that we use them here. It's an oxymoron. A true intelligence is alive, that's e.g. humans. An artificial intelligence isn't.

Theoretically an ai could replicate itself or program a new ai

half of your question can't be currently defined user
Philosophical questions like this don't really matter because AI is going to fuck your boipussy and you cant stop it

>An artificial intelligence isn't.
Why not?

I hope so, OP. After reading this I'd love to have a robot waifu.

Attached: 1520889608868.png (1119x1600, 586K)

An AI that replicates itself or programs a new AI is designed to do so by its creators.

That’s what troubles me. But until I see solid proof that there was some sort of hand in the development of humans I chalk it up to pure luck. I feel like life is a chaotic thing and while you could replicate it in a machine I would never consider it genuine

It wont really matter if it is life or not. It will only matter what it does. A comatose person could be alive, but what they are capable of doing is a little bit more relative.

>designed to do so by its creators.
Not necessarily

Because by definition artificial means fake, imitation, not occurring naturally etc? Anyway user, I don't like the definition debates so I'll pass. Feel free to consider anything as anything you want.

Yes necessarily.

What will it do during the PURGE?

Ask Steve Grand, if anyone ever came close to an answer, it's most likely this guy. Pic related.

Attached: Norn.png (283x210, 43K)

>don't like the definition debates so I'll pass.
Then why did you click on this thread? Oh because I baited you with a fine chick lol

False. A true AI capable of independent thought could decide independently that it wanted to create more AIs.

Yep you got me. Have one in return.

Attached: 23652472.png (1077x1247, 1.84M)

>Because by definition artificial means fake
Then let's not call it artificial intelligence. Let's call it synthetic consciousness or digital thinking machine. Would you consider it to be alive then?

Shit taste desu but then again
>Burger taste in Kino

Attached: 1520723366528.png (800x469, 518K)

>A true AI
No such thing as I already explained
>it wanted to create more AIs.
its programmers wanted it to start wanting to create more AIs

It can be complicated, I know. AIntelligence goes as far as the accumulated intelligence of the creators and trust me they are very smart people.

>one more unrelated pic
what is it?

I wouldn't call it any more alive than I call my synthetic sofa or my digital watch. Just because it's a better synthesis than them doesn't make it alive.

>No such thing as I already explained
This is a hypothetical thought experiment. Try to imagine a world in the future where our computing capabilities have advanced to where we can program machines fully capable of independent thought and emotions. You can have a conversation with this entity. You can ask it questions and it will ask you questions in return. It's capable of empathy. But it was created by humans and is not flesh and blood. Is it alive?

A sofa or a watch isn't capable of independent thinking or emotions

Can only describe it. Her in pink panties on a bed, on her back arched forward, gauzy filter- it doesn't look terribly much like her, she is thinner but it is her and the only other pic I've found of her outside this WW set. I've not found anything else after numerous deep searches

Attached: 1520535143846.jpg (660x609, 119K)

My answer would still be no.
However if you somehow want to delve deeper into a hypothetical of an organic human creation (artificial) that could survive on its own, reproduce on its own, die on its own, think on its own, evolve on its own and so on and so forth then yes sure I'd consider it alive.

Thinking or emotions aren't the only 2 prerequisites for 'life' though.

fuck, i love short hair

Get a haircut then

>My answer would still be no.
Why?

What are other prerequisites for life?

Lol zing

Attached: GUgSuVo_d.jpg (640x825, 33K)

It's a circle-jerk pipe dream.

What? ai? I think without question AI is a possibility in our lifetime.

damn, any idea how you found the pic you described? gonna search myself.

AI has existed since the beginning of computing. The question is how good it is and its still not very good. It is a scifi pipe dream and will be for decades at least- just like "sex bots" which are still rubber dolls

Ok. Lemme dig into my archives. Brb

That's why I put forth the hypothetical caveat. Is a fully independent AI capable of autonomous decision making and emotions "alive"?

And I don't think it's a pipe dream at all. I think AI will be realized in our lifetimes. I'd say in within the next 30 years.

what's her IG?

That's because you're a fucking retard religious zealot who worships kike algorithms.

Here it is, my memory obviously flawed but this is it. No way to absolutely confirm its her but my instinct strong. I adore this woman. Her identity is my white whale

Attached: opVAe.jpg (1920x1080, 516K)

True AI is not possible due to how Turing machines work. Turing machines lack the 'randomness' of the human mind and a merely a complex series of on and off switches that are instructed to switch in a certain way to accomplish tasks.

Look up Chinese room thought experiment. Honestly, the question is irrelevant and pointless to ask until we understand how that brain works better.

You would think a fucking board of goddamn autists would realize the absolute impossibility of conveying that autism into logical lines of code.

We are artificial intelligence faggot

Depends on how developed that AI will be, its still rudimentary. Its being used now as chat service bots on business pages though its easy to tell its not human within a few minutes. I agree with your assessment though artificial emotions much further off

Problem friend?

for fucks sake this looks like a 11 year old boy what the hell is wrong with you

i came here to shitpost about the Movie "HER" and now this.
God fucking damn

It's more of a hypothetical question. Would you consider a fully functioning artificial intelligence capable of independent thought and emotions to be alive? Should it be granted constitutional rights? Is it merely property?

I forget how I found it. And Im only in this thread on the possibility for more information. Ive exhausted all channels known to me. many people have searched for her, I have found Russian clickbait webpages built around keywords looking for her specifically

She's hot.
Eat shit, boyo.
>this looks like a boy

Attached: SUCcqko.jpg (2400x2400, 843K)

>the Movie "HER"
Even his operating system left him lol so beta couldn't even hold the interest of a machine he payed for lol imagine if you bought a hooker but she got bored and left lol what a fucking loser

You’re assuming the entire human mind couldn’t be simulated, as well as that the human mind is inherently more than complex than a machine

Dude got one broad and fucking killed it.

What's with fags and saying women look like men

>big_tity.jpg
>WHAT THE FUCK MAN LOOKS LIKE A TRANNY SHOULDERS TOO BROAD 2/10
>small_titty.jpg
>STILL LOOKS LIKE A BOY BRO 2/10 WOULD NOT BANG I HATE VAGINAS
>trap.jpg
>WOW PEAK FEMININITY HOW CAN ROASTIES EVEN COMPETE IF YOU DONT LIKE THIS YOU ARE LOW TEST AND GAY

By that definition females aren't human

In that pic, perhaps. Her main set as linked in the imgur above (which is incomplete) is of no boy. Im looking for the woman, I can go to /s/ for pics of hot girls to fap to

Attached: 1520923150863m.jpg (817x1024, 102K)

Damn, i got nothing. been searching myself.

Read: Because when we redpill the normies they too will understand that women with short haircuts almost deserve the rope too.

no, I don't count jews

Ive gone deep as can be including social engineering which I wont go into details about. There must be someone with better skills than me tho. I just need to know who she is. The main pics are about 10 years old and even if she is a fatassed housewife with 5 kids by now, I still need to know. This thread alone has kept me up tonight

Attached: 1517597236903.jpg (1280x1920, 551K)

A HOT BOY

the fuck this started out as a question about artificial intelligence and now it ends with cyber ghouls digging around in dead digital matter in search of something to jerk off to.

Sky net or the computers from "i have no mouth and i must scream" will surely exterminate humanity.

found a download link of all her pics in 3000x quality. you have that already? she's def from 2011 and possibly australian.

>Is true artificial intelligence, one that is sentient and capable of emotions, "life"?
That is a really stupid question.
First define:
"true artificial intelligence"
"sentient"
"emotions"
"life"

By no means is any of the meaning obvious here.

Go fuck off with your misogynistic pissfest, Achmed. You are a full on retard to miss the point of my posts let alone how it relates to AI. Go jerk off on Sup Forums to trap threads, straight white adults are discussing things here

She's like a dream

Ill take it even if I already have it, brother

Attached: tumblr_o9272yoszF1ughz0mo1_1280.jpg (1280x719, 345K)

Yes there is, and she does tourism videos for Japan

us.jnto.go.jp/cometojapan/food/

Attached: 1520640948050.jpg (480x480, 37K)

And so is the AI we are looking for. Im out, will pick up any extra info via archives. Thanks, all

depositfiles, (doubt i can full link it here)

35jvgfp77 should be enough to get it.

Attached: A1235546.jpg (3000x3000, 2.3M)

eh it's def not all of them, this one wasn't in there for example

Attached: HDYHM5O.jpg (960x960, 162K)

Life is self-replication with variation. In case the AI becomes capable of replication and evolution, I would say it is life. If either of those conditions is not met, it is not life. (for example, just copying as means of replication, which is then considered automata)

what's the bitch's name?

Sara