Movies

There isn't really that much discussion about Anime movies. When the movie comes out there are a few thread and when the BD comes out, there are a few threads. Most of which I miss.

Talk about the last anime movie you have seen.

I've seen 君の 名 は and it was pretty medicore and cliche. Like the Japanese equivalent of a comedy romance with Adam Sandler

Is that sperm coming from her mouth?

Yes, mine

nah man, despite the flaws it's great fun and great kids and great feels all the way through.
just watched it a 3rd time and didn't skip forward even once.

Are you female?

Because the movie not only bore me to death, but it was also stupid and the characters acted unrealistic

I don't rememver the name but There was a movie about an idol who quit being an idol to pursue an acting career but then gets stalked by one of her fans and also is losing her mind in the process.
But too close to home stalker guy reminded me of myself

>Are you female?
i-if you want me to be

I'm not him and not female. I would agree with you that the film was pretty mediocre and cliched but I was relatively entertained through out. It certainly isn't the kind of movie that is going to leave you thinking deep thoughts but for a bit of entertainment its alright.

Perfect Blue? I'm seeing that in the cinema soon although I've seen it many times before.

The movie is for normals.

君の 名 は is mediocre but it has high production value and good jpop so most people like it.

In this corner was the superior 2016 movie.,

Its for normal people
like me semicolon caret left bracket

It's a seishun eiga, the Japanese equivalent of YA movies. What do you expect? A deep, mature, and thought-provoking kino-eye cinema or something? At least it was enjoyable if you watch it on theater. the metaphors maybe flew over your head, or you just didn't like them.

because it was about WWII? and people died?

IMO the main character was way to unserious and airheaded, just not believable.

I like the life goes on theme and the depiction of japanese propaganda, how they train their civilians for war and spreading infographic.
It was cruel how they took her ability to draw but in the end, they have no one to blame but themselves since it was war.

Ahahaha red string of fate
I KNOW THESE THINGS

Seriously stop, the move was as deep as a puddle

I agree, the viewing experience had to be in a theater to fully experience the visuals and sounds. Same goes to In this corner. I can't even imagine watching this on any screen smaller.

A short review for this movie:

First one was goat, really good atmosphere, probably the best anime move I've seen in the past years.
Second fell flat and was really bland.
Third one was enjoyable and above average

Watched Koe no Katachi in a theater on monday, thought it was alright, but the characters that seemed to be missing characterization I'm guessing they got from the manga made the 2nd half drag.

Watched Yu-Gi-Oh The Dark Side of Dimensions and liked it a lot outside of the antagonist. Kaiba is incredibly badass.

>There isn't really that much discussion about Anime movies

Newfag.

When will there be a Japanese animé that surpasses this?

So you didn't get it. Imagine being too stupid for that teenage movie.

Lets talk about his year movie.
Is this actually even good? I heard the shaft movie that came out few months ago was bad.

whats your opinion on night on the galactic railroad?

I was pretty confused after watching this. Did I miss some russian folklore references?

>君の 名 は
>spacing kanji
nice try

god tier coming through

I watched the movie a year ago, but I assume it was referring to the motif that Mitsuha sew on the waiter uniform after the girl got bully?

wtf i love rotoscoping now

As far as I can remember, there were no at least obvious references. It is what it is - a story about a lost hedgehog.

>shaft movie
Shaft made a movie? Also I too want to know if the movie you posted is good, looked neat from the description.

>adam sandler
Oh it's a shit bait thread.

>animé
Obvious bait is obvious. Why do you even respond to this faggot? Just stop.

but you did

>There isn't really that much discussion about Anime movies
That's because their format doesn't function well as a weekly emotional crutch that pathetic losers rely on to distract themselves from how empty their lives are. This is also why feature film is the superior format to tv anime.

Tell me about an animu movie you like

I like Adam Sandler.

It's good, I love group tac. On eight the few anime films that manages to survive and thrive at that slow a pace. Oshii is the other god at this.

This was kinda disappointing, had a fewer goos scenes thought. The bit where the bomb goes off was very good.

italianon ?

2008, actually

5cm and garden are also overrated

I am if I wear a dress.

that's not 2013

This is the true anime Kino that will be remembered for decades

Angela a cute and sexy!
A CUTE. AND SEXY!

This movie started great but fell apart at the 20 minute mark where I couldn't really make sense of what was happening anymore.
Otherwise I've finally watched pic related

I watched Eve no Jikan and while the story itself was alright and enjoyable, I found the sound direction to be really off putting and ruined a lot of good scenes. Switching through three different soundtracks in the spam of a few seconds to tell your viewer what he should be feeling isn't the way to go at it.

Sequel with SoL Angela never.

Die

>seeing this in cinema
You're being conned. Buy it used from amazon/ebay or something, it will be cheaper and you can rewatch it.

What's the point of seeing a 2 decades old anime in cinema when it has multiple English-sub releases?

I can't understand how people can be butthurt about the movie. It was only the logical step for homerun to develop a obsessive relationship to madoka

I love it. No bullshit romance, focuses on family bonds and lots of technology. Dream sequences were cool. Also, the coolest dad ever.

Despite the waifu pandering, the film was a nice watch. Fun Urobuchi is fun.

>I couldn't really make sense of what was happening anymore
I'm sorry, but there is something wrong with you. Maybe stick to Pixar animations?

>after 4 years brainlets still don't understand Rebellion
Some people just can't accept that they misread her character in the original series

It's a great flick. Beyond the gorgeous visuals, the comedy landed, the dramatic elements mostly worked, I really liked the leads, and it's got a good romance.

How is it waifu pandering when there is only one waifu?
If they wanted to pander to waifufags, there would be more waifus.

I can't understand how people can like Madoka

They pander to Kugimiya Rie fags with another tsundere. What's so hard to get?

the same way some people like dogs
they want an obedient slave that is happy just for being with you

I guess that is true.

Agree, the battle scenes were orgasmic, the OST makes me diamonds.

Don't mind me, just posting animekino

Great imagery, story is meandering, but good.

Angela is still best part of the movie!

No, she isn't, waifufag. She's the most predictable element of the movie.

anti social faggot deeming what is and isn't "unrealistic" behaviour
K E K
E
K

She’s a good asset

>She's the most predictable element of the movie.
While that might be true.
It is also true that she is quite interesting character.

I love how Shinkai left a lot of his fetish on the movie like some other user pointed out. Aside from the obvious body swap we got casual pantsu, rear ass fangs, saliva drinking and his favorite one amnesia before a pay off.

The last few anime movies I watched were Hosoda movies.
For some reason my ranking seems to be completely backwards compared to Sup Forums's or MAL's
For me it was
Bakemono no Ko > Summer Wars > Girl Who Leapt Through Time > Wolf Children

I HATED Wolf Children. I felt like the movie went way out its way to shit on the mother and it broke my suspension of disbelief. The character designs were straight up garbage.
GWLTH was okay, but extremely uninteresting. I couldn't stop thinking about the Butterfly Effect throughout the entire thing and how it was so much more interesting.
Summer Wars was simply a fun flick without being too overbearing on themes or seriousness.
Bakemono no Ko was a really nice surprise. A really great coming of age movie about growing up and managing one's own emotions. The plot was meg but the characters were definitely the highlight.

And being predictable doesn't necessarily mean she's bad.

How can you rate Summer Wars so high? The characters were awful, especially the MC designed for maximum self-insert.

Getting defensive here?
not the best thing in the movie =/=bad

>waifu pandering
>waifus
Stop using words you can't understand.

After you.

Honestly its only so high because I didn't like GWLTT and Wolf Children.
I liked the "man-up" development the MC had, even if it was small, and the way he grew to appreciate family was heartwarming.

You telling me you wouldn't make Angela your waifu?

Please enlighten me.

Pop in Q was cool

>rear ass fangs
???

Your waifu finds you, not the other way around you sodomite.

I'm simply talking to you, my projector friend.

I really don't know how to call them but it's the lower part of the cheeks under the skirt right before you can see any pantsu when the camera is focusing on the female's back.

I hope you watched Digimon.

Can I watch it without watching the TV series? I thought it was a prequel to something.

I also watched F91 recently and it was a let down.
I didn't feel the pacing was bad, it's just the plot and the characters that were really shitty

What about cute antiviruses doing cute things?

Yeah it's standalone. His masterpiece, I'd go as far as saying it's really the only good thing he's ever done. Basically a perfect kaiju film in just under 30 minutes. One of Iso's greatest achievements, too.

Sold.
I'll give it a watch.

Saw Night is Short Walk on Girl at the US premiere a few days ago. There was a Skype call with Yuasa-san at the end. Amazing movie

That's the gluteal fold and I don't think it really counts as a fetish, just a standard feature

>mediocre and cliche
Have you ever thought for yourself before?

Who is this semen demon?

Is that not independent thought?

What digimon movie?
I think he did multiple ones

Digimon Adventure Movie. He did that and War Game.

I thought you meant this one

Those are meme terms used by people whose ways of looking at things are either largely inspired by or just fully developed by people who watch or read stuffy-ass reviews and critiques. If you thought for yourself, you'd describe things in more depth using your own words.

>if you use words other people use you don't have independent thought

are you autistic?

That conclusion doesn't follow.

It stops being a feature when you give it a focus.

Sup Forums please.