Digimon

How'd they cock it up this badly?

They didn't you guys just don't like our 4way battle over Mei

>Yggdrasil is wants to destroy humans so she's fun with some of the stuff Mei /Libra is doing but OMG Mei is infecting Digimon. Alphamon by the order of your king destroy the kitty

>Homeostasis is another god. Homeostasis wants balance so fuck Mei Jesmon kill the kitty and fuck the chosen and Yggdrasil Yolo Balance

>Dark Gendai is pretending to work for Yggdrasil but he's working for the dark ocean HAIL Daemon

>The Chosen are stuck in the middle of the fight Oh fuck Tai's dead, Hikari is cationic and Meiko is useless were screwed

>Toei
Do you really have to ask? I haven't seen it but from the key-art alone I can say they whitewashed a unique cast. So I wouldn't really want to watch it either way. It's Toei so I can only imagine it's budget soulless trash. No matter how gay it gets I probably would just fap to some doujins instead. I shipped matt and ty before it was canon.

They listened to the wrong opening theme and made a high school love drama instead of a show where digital monsters wreck shit.

Did they just use the same face?

Fuckin laziness Toei

Koji Wada died.

That's hilarious

>in an alternate universe we could have gotten Our War Game 2.0
>instead we got whatever bullshit drama tri is
I HURT MYSELF TODAY

>How'd they cock it up this badly?
Mei happened.

I don't get what were they thinking while injecting this character and centering the whole plot around her.
The concept of this was pretty much "fanwank the series" from the get go, it would be easy as fuck to make it enjoyable - have some cookie cutter crisis as an excuse for the protagonis to return, have some cool new forms, a few throwbacks to the orignal and done, everyone would be okay with it since no one was expecting it to be anime of the decade to begin with. It prints money, just look at Gundam Unicorn.

Unironically this, the first few movies were great as long as they were harmless nostalgia wank but as soon it went all original plot I couldn't care less.

They barely even tried honestly, remember how they fucked up the whole nade nade thing. The signs were there from the beginning

The first few movies weren't even nostalgia wank. From the get go they trashed any established characterisation, and turned Tai into >muh innocent phones

>The Chosen are stuck in the middle of the fight Oh fuck Tai's dead, Hikari is cationic and Meiko is useless were screwed
Everybody suddenly unevolving for reasons, then doing absolutely nothing shat me. I don't know why I'm still expecting shit five movies in, but I'm setting myself up for disappointment

TOEI being TOEI: cheap and lazy.

They were tired from keeping alphamon and Jesmon away from Mei (remember WE gotta make the Royal knights look strong) Evamon's dark power also didn't help matters probably

And what is worse: I'm a nobody and even I could have written a more interesting story. Not that hard considering it's fanfic level anyway.

There were so many missed opportunities. Here's an example: Pyomon's final form is Phoenixmon, right? She evolved during the battle against Mugendramon, who captured Sora. I'm not saying that Sora should have died, but wouldn't it have made much more sense for Pyomon to evolve into Phoenixmon because Sora was hurt and she had to heal her? Instead Mugendramon (a ginat robot) slammed Sora (a human) against an ice wall and Sora was perfectly fine. Not even a scratch on her.

And let's not forget the "dance" scene during the school festival. Wow.

Do you think Toei set out to do a worse job than 02?

maybe they wanted to see how less of a shit they could give before people stopped giving them money

Digimon has always been a poor man's Pokemon

I said that about Super as well

>I'm a nobody and even I could have written a more interesting story.
I'm sure that could be said for most anime and manga

You could at least try a little harder with your bait. It's like you're TOEI.

>interesting
But it wouldn't have sold. Again you don't understand japan.

No argument there.

For starters, by not making a proper combination of Nakatsuru/Cencoroll's desiger/Watanabe designs to mantain consistancy with the old-school designs

Secondly, who in the flying fuck decided to add a Mari/Marie insert? It's like they didn't have enough with Ryo and decided to add another one.

They used all the budget, writers, and fucks to Appmon.
This is just solely to milk the faggots who cannot grow up and leave Adventure kids alone.
I'm kinda hoping for a Konaka end.

So is hikari still crazy by the end of the movie ?

She's catanoic

Can't live without onii-chan ....

The scene didn't play well. No one seems to react to him "dying", and then when she starts walking off in the possessed state, everyone's just sitting there. Is it that hard for them to write in some actual human emotion?

She's catanoic but theres also the chance that drasil or the dark ocean will slip into her body now that she's broken or Homeostasis might say fuck it and peace out with her body

Yeah tell me about it, that was ridiculous barely anyone reacted to his death beside his sister who became possessed

Matt and meiko reacted Matt's like fuck Tai I'm the leader now and Meiko's like Nice I got a new Digimon now that Mei is evil oh I feel bad about Tai though

>But it wouldn't have sold
It's sales are horrible.
Especialy for a nostalgia cashgrab of all things.

>Get excited at new Digimon anime
>It's a letdown
>Get excited for new Digimon World games
>They lose all charm the original had and look mediocre at best
Why are they doing this to me?

>They used all the budget, writers, and fucks to Appmon.
That became apparent when the design for whatever stage Meicoomon is at now was basically lifted from Renamon's evolution.

>I don't get what were they thinking while injecting this character and centering the whole plot around her.
tai love interest

Their bland coloring choice. Compared to the earlier colorful

Just make incest end and then everyone wins.

>Is it that hard for them to write in some actual human emotion?

Considering that every character acted like a complete retard through all the moves I'd say yes.

Renamon's line is a fox with Chinese/Japanese mythology and mysticism. The final form is some kind of fox-masked humanoid Shinto sorceress.

Meicoomon's line is basically 'furry cats are angels' and unlike the Patamon and Gatomon line she still looks like a furry feline in her Mega form.

I do not see any resemblance.

given how strongly they pushed back when that interview was released there's no way that would've been allowed, likewise with a homo koushiro end

why they wouldn't just use mimi instead I'll never know

Yeah but no one cares about homoshit, incest was actually on the map.

>I do not see any resemblance.
I kinda see it. Instead of a human underneath the suit, it's basically a cat.

Toei put too much focus on the slice of life youth drama and developing Mei over the secondary plot of two gods fighting each other in the background.

>show is remembered for having nuclear dinosaurs and other cool shit
>turn it in a soup opera

rate my fanfic

>Taichi
He got into politics and became an ambassador for digiworld. end up being assassinated due to politics but his death was fabricated that he went MIA in his previous visit to digimon world and was never found.

>Yamato
After failing in making it big with his band. He earns a living through performing at street. Was married with sora and had 2 kids but eventually they divorced following his father footstep. He is also known alcoholic in his town

>Sora
Was a talented football plaer but eventually was forced to do what her moms wants her to do. married with matt but divorced later. now a single mom working hard to raise her 2 child.

>Koushiro
Ended up being head researcher in cybernetics on digiworld. Was always under pressure due to various ridiculous demands from his sponsors. He eventually ended up in depression as his life only revolve around work.

>Mimi
a 3rd rate actress in the USA. only performing for B rated movies as extras. The pay was depressingly little, to make ends meet she works at night as a waitress. Eventually she was introduces to try out as a stripper and she went along with it as it pays out well.

>Joe
after failing several entrance exam the parents gave up on him and he giving up on himself. Living out the rest of his life now as NEET surrounded with 2D waifus and merchandise.

>Takeru
Being extremely popular with his good looks and voice, he is always surrounded with ladies and lead a carefree life with a decent career in a well known company. Eventually he Was found out by his 'girlfriends' that he is cheating on them, he got splash with acid which ruined his good looks. After that incident he was paranoid and his life was never the same anymore.

>Kari
Got a job as a teacher. she knew what happened with her brother but nobody believes her. To make matter worst, her love interest Takeru turns out to be a playboy and cheated on her. She did something to takeru and went to jail

>it's sales
Its*. But I assure you that Toei only continues if things are profitable. They dropped the World Trigger anime and Toriko. If it were profitable they wouldn't have

Is she really his love interest tho ? i never got that vibe from them, she have moments with every male so far desu, the only reason why people would foucs on tai is because he's the only one who don't have girl or isn't paired with one, the closet girl to him is his sister who have tons of moments with him

No effort at all levels.

What about T.K fags tho ?

>T.K fags
Literally who?

02/10.

They treated each group of four as one episode, injecting it with so much filler and then, ironically, not having enough time for all the action they tried to stuff into the last one.

They seem to have fundamentally forgotten many aspects of why Digimon Adventure was liked. Hell, it seems like they forgot why Digimon in general is liked.

Like they wanted to make a generic high school urban fantasy show but had to tie it in with Digimon

MEIKO IS BEST GIRL

What about them.

Fuck Tri. Also fuck Appmon for throwing away everything but the gay robot.

This is one X design I can't get around. His lance looks like a weak blowtorch now and can't parry or stab anything. Other X redesigns look a lot better.

You don't have to have those bait OPs to make people post here you know.
All the past digimon threads are like this.

>They seem to have fundamentally forgotten many aspects of why Digimon Adventure was liked.
For curiosity's sake, what was the aspects of the original Adventure that you liked that aren't present in Tri?

So you've stopped watching after Digimon Adventure and you think you can lurk here and post something completely retarded?
Most digimon fans agree that Digimon Tamers is the best entry in the series.

>His lance looks like a weak blowtorch now and can't parry or stab anything
It's basically a lightsaber now

Fox isn't a feline or "cat"
Fox is Canidae

Naw, there's better beam swords in both this franchise and others, and Dukemon X's lance is not one of them. Look how in both that image and in official art the tip tapers off so quickly. That's not something you're gonna use to stab and slice with, that's something you use to roast meat with.

Haven't watched since Patamon bit TK somebody bring me up to speed?

The Digimon losing their memories added absolutely nothing to the story

What was the point of that again?

>All the digimon got infected by the rage virus Meicoomon was creating
>Also Meicoomon is actually originally a container for a shard of Apocalymon's digicore that survived his self-detonation back in Adventure and eventually evolved into a digimon
>Homeostasis gave up on the chosen because they're useless and hard reset the digital world to kill Meicoomon, which also wiped out the partners
>The chosen ventured into the digital world to meet their partners again, also the hard reset didn't work and Meicoomon was unaffected
>Everyone gets their Ultimate forms though except Hikari
>Gennai pretends to kill Meiko so Meicoomon goes berserk again and evolves
>The digital world interprets the chosen as intruders and kicks them out to the real world
>Homeostasis sends Jesmon to kill Meicoomon
>Gennai/Yggdrasil sends Alphamon to oppose Jesmon so Meicoomon can destroy the real world
>Meiko asks the chosen to forcibly put down Meicoomon rather than let her go berserk like this, Taichi doesn't want to
>Taichi and Agumon disappear underground and Hikari loses it, dark evolves her partner to Ophanimon Falldown Mode
>Ophanimon jogresses with Meicoomon into an Evangelion angel digimon that nobody saw coming or knows anything about
>Yamato is the new leader now and has the goggles, he is the protagonist, it's him
Also the government lady whose name escapes me tried to strangle her partner and is now in the Dark Ocean, which may or may not be a factor too. Wacky shit all around.

>Meicoomon is at now was basically lifted from Renamon's evolution
Raguelmon looks nothing like any of Renamon's evolutions

Thanks for the info dump. Jesus Christ Toei what the fuck. So any explanation to how the 02 kids got killed? Did their existence get wiped?

>So any explanation to how the 02 kids got killed? Did their existence get wiped?
No idea. Nobody has brought up their existences since we saw the scene of them biting it, and whether they're imprisoned somewhere or died in the reset or whatever is unknown. They're essentially written out of the story, though the Imperialdramon the chosen fought and killed might have been theirs.

The gay robot was the best part though.

It's never going to happen you dumb aspie.

that shows why Mimi is the best girl

I also think Tamers is the best entry in the series

Did you read my post clearly? What did what you say have to do with my post?

Her name is Hime

It happens in my heart.

Cyber Sleuth anime when? It's the best thing to come out of the franchise in the last decade.

Filler

So is Raguelmon's "destroy the digital world by just existing" on the same level as Megidramon's?

Digital hazard vs Libra I think Raguelmon is on a higher level as she has the attention of the two digi Gods and the dark ocean while Megidramon only had the tamers, Hypnos, some low level devas and a demon lords attention

Tragic. It's not a bad ship, it's pretty top tier, but you'll never get this.

The Digital World in Tamers is clearly in a lower stage than the Digital Worlds of other universes. The Digital World itself seems noticeably smaller than others. On top of that, in this universe, Digimon as a whole were created by a bunch of college students which evolved from that point on. In other universes, the Digital World began life as early as the invention of the very first computer. The Four Holy Beasts seem to be the only real gods around, with no Yggdrasil, Homeostasis or Homeros. There's likely no Dark Area or Kernel either. Distinctive land masses like the Folder Continent, Server Continent or File Island also probably don't exist.

It's only natural that Megidramon would be so problematic in such a world. An unstable element like that going nuclear is going to cause more damage to this world than one such as the one in Adventure. Megidramon is not some dark god or supreme threat.

How are the Four Holy Beasts gods when they're now the original kids' partners?

Not even Wonii-chan lovin.

He's talking about Tamers there.

In Tamers I mean. The Four Holy Beasts are effectively the top dogs of the Digital World. They were the first Digimon to achieve the Ultimate stage, which allowed them to successfully seal away the D-Reaper. The reason they're considered gods is because they were the uncontested strongest Digimon for the longest time. This world doesn't appear to have a Host Computer like Yggdrasil or Homeostasis.

In Adventure, the Four Holy Beasts were basically given administrative duties by Homeostatis after they drove back Apocalymon. They're gods in the sense that they're charged with protecting and maintaining the Digital World, as Homeostasis appears to have minimal ability to directly interfere (which is why it needed the Chosen Children in the first place).

Another thing worth noting: the reason the D-Reaper was such a threat was because it was created at the same time as the Digital World and Digimon, growing alongside them. In any other Digital World, a program like that would never be able to get that far, as the Digital World would have had a good forty years' head start in its development.

Still mad this wasn't real.

But also keep in mind Megidramon had a tamer to neutralize the hazard, while in Tri Raguelmon's tamer explicitly cannot stop the hazard threat through typical bond prayer, so there's no telling if left unchecked Megidramon's rate of annihilation would've matched Raguelmon's.

hmmm fair enough that makes sense

well meiko tried but yeah Raguelmon was too far gone for it too work so yeah your right

I think they reused Matt and TK's eyes too (ye, I'm using the dub names)

Incest thread.

Why'd you have to do this just as I went to bed? I don't have any images on my phone.

If I remember correctly, in the X evolution movie, Dukemon X could extend his lance to ridiculous lengths as he slashed all of the dexdorugreymon.

Adventure, there is hardly any adventure or discovery in the movie.

They just hang, izzi figures stuff, digimon show ups, they fight, they hang out again,end of movie.

If the problem was they had too many characters just split the gang in groups of 3 and make them interact that way. Like TK and Tai and Hikari Yamato for the sweet onichan love.

Your face when HikariĀ“s lust for her brother began the apocalypse.

Everything about it was shit
Fuck the retards saying it was one thing like mei or the art style

Literally more conflict, drama and better directing in 30 seconds than the entirety of tri