I just finished Death Parade. Surprised it isn't talked about more considering how good it was...

I just finished Death Parade. Surprised it isn't talked about more considering how good it was. I haven't seen such an endearing and well-written anime in a long time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=x3Joz-XaqU4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's not good.

Also, Nona is love.

Obviously you weren't here when it was airing.

It was great. Unique scenarios, gripping psychology.

>surprised it isn't talked about more
Yeah, what a fucking shocker. It aired two years ago and was largely forgettable. Most seasonal shows suffer this fate, maybe you should have been here to see the actual discussion. People need to stop regurgitating this shit.

I was, I just never got around to watching it when it was airing. I only picked it on a whim and now I'm disappointed at myself for having not watched it sooner.

This.
Kind of this, but she's also irrelevant.

Better ice skating than yuri on ice.

The first episode of this show is a disgrace.

You missed a thousand threads argueing over everything. Why did the woman go to hell when it was the guy in the wrong for 500 replies and so on.
Everyone loved it.

The woman did nothing wrong.

I just didn't understand how reincarnation or being sent to the void was considered good or bad. As far as I know, most religions that talk about reincarnation consider it to be a punishment.

Good anime though, soundtrack was fucking amazing.

The last too

Reincarnation is another chance, Void is nothing but your bad memorys.

But even then wouldn't everyone eventually fuck up at some point and be sent to the void?

Maybe they can just create more souls?

I love Death Parade, it's stylish and has a cool story. Anytime I mention it in 3x3 threads Sup Forums dislikes it for some reason.

There's really nothing to talk about, other than Ginti being an asshat.

Maybe, but I still feel like that world design is pretty bad. Unless those sent to the void get returned after a life cycle. I think it would've been better if the good judgement meant the void/nirvana in the Buddhist sense, and those who were given bad judgement are reincarnated to try again.

It has its flaws, but it's a lot different than the standard seasonal shows. It's one of the better anime to have popped up in the past few years.

Some anons were apparently triggered. I dont know by what.

Opening is pure kino though.
I expected some stylish fun anime with few interesting themes but instead i got a pretentious show about value of life.
Why this keeps happening? It had so much potential.

?????????
overrated garbage
definitely not your first anime btw

10/10 OP&ED

Best ep was the vigilante cop and brother

Great Story, Cast, and setting. Plus top notch art. Needs season 2

Also Nona is best girl.

You could talk about the moral dilemma of each scenario, who was right etc. But that'd be more philosophy and less anime. Plus everyone has a different sense of ethics and morality so it'd be better suited to a /lit/ thread

The worldbuilding was not well done by any means, clearly the writer got too ambitious with it. However at least it wasn't forced drama, sadness for the sake of being sad. It tried to give a message about the importance of life and treasuring it, I thought that was a good effort.

Oh yea that episode was fucking amazing.
Anime had potential. I liked the bar theme and people talking about their lives up to that point but at the end it turned into a cheap tearjerker.

It's like you never watched anime before. They bait you with quirkiness just to contrast it with grimdark. Unless the genre says SoL, you will always fall for the same trap.

The whole setting outside the bar was unnecessary. They could have kept it small and it would be just as good if not even better.

Most good shows aren't well received by many people. That's why everyone shut their mouths, 'cause just a handful would appreciate them. Newfag.

I'd actually forgotten how great the ED was.
Have NoisyCell done anything else recently?

>endearing and well-written
Some of those judgements made me rage and in the end nothing was done against the crappy system. Good OP though.

They set up all this overarching crap and then ended it like it had gotten the axe. It would benefit from a second season.

I just started watching the show today, three episodes away from watching it. I love the opening and it is a pretty good show, the judgement of NEET and chick made me a little mad, honestly they should've both been incarnated. Though I can see why the chick would be sent to the void. The whole "you did your best" scene fucking got me teary eyed. Also the first pair both should've been incarnated.

*From finishing it.

this

i watched 3 episodes of this garbage before i dropped it.

Arbitersguidehowtodealwithsluts.jpg

Also, it definitely needs a second season. I don't think it'll wrap up nicely by the end. I enjoy the judgement games and I feel like there should be more world building.

Oh, wow, look at that; Light Yagami makes his cameo appearance.

It was a good show, definitely the best of its season. However, the first ep triggered so many sensitive anons that they were still bitching over who was right and who was wrong in the very last threads.

Ending was stupid

I don't get why they were bitching. Wasn't it established literally in the second episode that the lady was probably lying, and that she should've gotten reincarnated? Also Nona is a cunt for implying the guy deserved the void.

Nah, the guy totally deserved the void. The girl fucked up majorly, but redeemed herself. He did everything wrong though, and she still saved his worthless ass.

The guy was skeptical, then had no reason to be, but he was in a state of shock. If he was wrong, then what would be the point of all this misery? The guy did nothing wrong.

It was so well written that I got bored so fast.

There has to be a point to his misery? It was entirely self-induced. His inability to trust the person he supposedly loved led to him killing both of them in a jealous rage and then he forsake her even in the afterlife, where none of it mattered anymore. He was a petulant cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3Joz-XaqU4

One of the better scenes in recent anime.

See this is what Nona said as well, but at the time he had reason to believe she was cheating on him. Her friends mentioned a nickname which could hers, and that person was married to a doctor. The guy wasn't a cunt, just a pussy to confront his wife. It's all context.

dropped it at ep 6. and opening is overrated

*Could be hers

Into the void you go.

There are better ways to react to the mere suspicion your SO might be cheating on you than throwing a temper tantrum and killing both of you, user.

He had 0 proof, and yet was utterly convinced it was true. Why even marry someone you can't trust the tiniest amount?

I'm still upset we never got to see the red dress.

What's up with Ginko's eye?

He married her because he still loved her. And zero proof? Like I said, that conversation was the proof for him. He was just too much of a pussy to confront her, and was an idiot for doing it in the way he did it and when he did it. Doesn't mean he was a bad person, his love for her is what kept him from delaying his confrontation.

Also real quick, I just finished the anime, and while I still need some time to let thoughts sink in on the ending. I gotta say, I love it when these things end on those really short epilogues.

Also, also Che(Dec)kcum.

I cried so much during the final episode

I finished it today as well with some friends, there were some serious tearjerker moments in it. It was heavily implied that both the murderers being sent to the void, and that sucked so much ass. The kid did alright, but that detective didn't have a worldview that was wrong either. I'm just glad they both got their revenge.

Nah, the kid was fucked up too.

Honestly, I sort of agree with them being sent to the void. But I can tell they, at some kind of level, weren't the worst people. I sympathized with them. You know it's funny how I say these guys deserve the void, but I say Light Yagami is a great guy. Speaking of Light, it was cool how he had a small cameo. Anyways, the one real tearjerker moment for me was with the NEET and when Decim was holding him and telling the guy how he did the best he could. I'm honestly so happy he got to be reincarnated.

The only good thing to come out of this show. Chiyuki's tragedy should have been told in a different show all together.

>revenge is a good thing
>murderers getting voided is somehow bad
Enjoy the void.

They both killed for the wrong reasons, not to protect but to satisfy their egos.

The detective sure, but the kid? All he wanted to do was protect his sister, obviously they both deserve the void, especially after the kids actions during the game. The kid only wanted the best for his sister.

The damage was done already done. Sure his sister said she wanted them dead, but would that make her happy in the long run? Her brother dying for her?

His actions during the game showed that his motivation wasn't his care for his sister, it was satisfying his pride that he couldn't protect her.

If he cared for her at all he wouldn't have done something that would leave her all alone.

This really is a good series for discussion, though. I love it for that.

your opinion is over-rated

I already forgot every characters name but I remember having decent time watching it
only decent though and decent under the influence so it's probably very mediocre

except for the OP which I remember vividly and was 10/10