Is FMA the best Battle Shounen?

Is FMA the best Battle Shounen?

It's the best shounen.

HxH is.

No, HxH and JoJo are the peak.

Probably. It kind of has a lot of diverse characters and plotlines which still lead to a satisfying conclusio instead of feeling like filler mania. Both the World Building and the actual fights were just as good too. There's nothing really that comes to mind where I'd say "wow that was really fucking shit".

>No, HxH and JoJo are the peak.
Don't you fucking dare put HxH on the same level as that abomination.

Yes

Is it really battle shonen when the main focus isn't even the fights?

Yeah

>Don't you fucking dare put HxH on the same level as that abomination
Jojo is actually entertaining though. Hunta Hunta is the abomination because it bores everyone to death.

Did OP copy that black Haki thing from Greed?

No. Tries too hard to be funny, stupid villains, plot device chinese girl, melodrama (Hughes death mentioned for the billionth time, dog-girl), alchemy's usage gets repetitive, and that last fight where our beloved characters all had to jump up in the air and hit father for some reason.

Bleach, HxH, & YuYu Hakusho are laughing.

Bleach and YYH are both trash.

>Bleach
Is this bait or just shit taste?

It's not a battle shounen, first of all. It's an adventure, and a really good one, The best battle shounens are One Piece and JoJo.

Not anymore.

>if you kill him etc
Nah.

That was a pretty cool scene.

HxH is.

Yeah, this scene really angers me

is shit.

wew

maybe if you're a moralfag middle schooler

>Two of the strongest homunculi can't regenerate
How convenient

Well making Bradley several times stronger than Greed was already too OP, so they needed something.

Come again? She tells him not to murder because of his emotions, with is pretty decent thing to be said by grown-up woman to a grown-up man who both went through a war.

I wouldn't call it a battle shonen. I don't think the purpose of the series was to go from fight to fight. But if you do consider it battle shonen then it's definitely in the top ten.

No, it copied it from Kongou Banchou.

>someone killed your best friend
>meh whatever

I clearly put a "."

Welp, you were wrong.

Spoken like a true moralfag

About what?

KB started 6 years after FMA and Greed already appeared by then.

How does one kill something without emotions?

>battle shounen

Why does nu-Sup Forums keep describing anime with that? Shonen is a demographic, not a genre. And a lot of series aren't about battles. FMA doesn't have chi/chakra/nen/haki/ki/spirit energy/etc. and has no tournament arcs. It's mostly military/magic shit.

Nope

>FMA doesn't have chi
Did you even watch the show?

>chi/chakra/nen/haki/ki/spirit energy/etc
And alchemy is so different.

The idea is, to not lose control of yourself no matter what happened. He's not an edgy teen who's angry on his parrents and bullies in the school, he's a grown-ass soldier with combat experience, a higher goal and an additional benefit of being able to burn down a city block in a few seconds. If he'll allow himself to lose control of himself because of his strong feelings, not only he'll become dangerous and unpredictible, he'll compromise his whole goal of reforming the country. And Riza probably wouldn't want to have anything to do with him after that.

About that coma there.

Kono Dio da, wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

It doesn't have anything to do with morals, you stupid teen, it's about not losing control of yourself.

You know what I meant. No spiky haired Goku clones powering up with their energy and fighting in tournaments. It was never about the battles. FMA's appeal isn't fighting unlike other shonen series. It's story.

This

Like a soldier who does his job or what is necessary right now.

Yeah but Greed's deal had fantasy science behind it. The "hardening" in KB is just generic willpower stuff that the Kongou family can do, which is more akin to haki in OP.

Plus Admiral Kong looks like an aged up Kongo Bancho. It has to be an intentional reference.

>If he'll allow himself to lose control of himself because of his strong feelings, not only he'll become dangerous and unpredictible, he'll compromise his whole goal of reforming the country.
Every time. Feeling good while killing a psychotic mass murderer who also murdered your best friend in cold blood does not automatically mean going on a killing spree wiht a flamethrower to torch as many civilians as you can.

It's not about feeling good after you've done it, it's about not doing it just because it feels good.

The author of KB read FMA since it started, so it's more like both OP and KB took it from FMA, knowingly or not.

Except he's doing it not because it feels good, but to avenge his dead friend.

>it's about not losing control of yourself.

O?

What does it have to do with morals?

>not enough powerups
>not enough tournament arcs
>not enough villans becoming good guys
>no close friend/rival
Are you even trying ?

"Avenging" is not something that requires killing anyone. He hates Envy and want to murder him as painfully as he possibly can. Not to avenge anything, but because destroying what you hate feels great. Riza sees that and stops him, beofre he'll completely lose it

Jokes are for the MCU.

NEVER go full retard.

But bleach is shit and HxH is a borefest.

>HxH is a borefest.
So is FMA

Ulquiorra is a garbage villian compared to most of the other espada, you're taste is pretty shit.

FMA was pretty fun and had a good story.

>"Avenging" is not something that requires killing anyone.
yeah, let's put that immortal shapeshifting homunculus into prison, it worked so well last ti-, oh wait
>He hates Envy and want to murder him as painfully as he possibly can.
And this is bad because? He deserves it.
>Not to avenge anything, but because destroying what you hate feels great.
You know, emotions are like that, you can feel several things at the same time. So he avenges, destroys what he hates and feels great.
And really, are you saying he should just not give a fuck about anything to be an good ruler?

I'm saying Riza stops him when she sees he starts acting on his whims siregarding his higher goal. Acting on his whims is what Envy does, and Roy is a complete oposite of that: he has his grand plan and he moves slowly but steadily towards his goal. That requires a certain character which he has and which is oncompatible with acting on what feels good even if we're talking about someone murdering his closest friend.

MY?

>HxH was pretty fun and had a good story
Fifty

It wasn't. It had like one interesting arc among the first six or seven. That's not fun and I'm not even sure if HxH has any coherent story behind it.

Why are Hunterfags always the most aggressive and butthurt in these kind of threads?

So is FMA, it only started getting good after king Bradley turned out to be alive.
You can sleep in the rest of the episodes if you want

What?

It's been good all along. Nothing so special about Bradley not being dead.

And I can say the same about hunter

FMA is definitely not a battle shonen user

No. HxH is.

Yeah and that's why He and his fight with Ichigo are the most high rated in the series right? Just Saiyan

>hurr ratings
Woah I guess the Kingdom anime really is a masterpiece after all.

Yes, because it has an end, so no overly stretched filler bullshit

There is "acting on a whim" and there's "opportunity I've been waiting for finally presents itself". Yes, he has the grand plan, but that doesn't mean he's a robot who can't deviate from it when needed.
We are not even talking about Scar here, Envy is a sadistic remorseless mass murderer. Do you think judge giving a death penalty to serial pedo arsonist killer can't remain objective and feel good about delivering justice at the same time?

It's definitely the most consistent but it's peaks aren't nearly as memorable as others in the same demographic and every antagonist except Bradley is serviceable at best.

JoJo is barely battle shounen

yes, arguably the best anime of all time

would be, if it didnĀ“t had an older brother

I like JoJo and I think it's entertaining but still agree that HxH is better

It's not really a battle shounen, but yes.

Some parts are ass, but my dude, Steel Ball Run. It's no Chimera Ant arc but it doesn't have to be in order to be one of the top 5 arcs of the 2000s.

It's not a comma, dumbass. Shitposters, ladies and gents, absolute dumbasses.

Is it still a shonen if the characters have personality and development?

the only part of it I like is Wrath going OP on everyone, the rest of it is kinda boring

It's top-tier that's for sure.

Fateshit certainly doesn't have either.

>tfw we never got to see Gash vs Brago
If the final arc were less rushed, Gash Bell would truly be one of the best shounen out there.

They are the Rick and Morty fans of anime.

yeah okay onepunchfag

Go wank over chimera ants elsewhere

>onepunchfag
The fuck do we have to do with this?

FMA is written by a woman who doesn't, in the slightest, understand how boys think.

this was something I noticed actually, the male characters feel off

Her portrait of soldiers and ex soldiers was pretty accurate, its the civilian male population she failed at.

How do boys think?