Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of ACCA 13?

Now that the dust has settled, what did Sup Forums think of ACCA 13?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EL516-aKn7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Journey was fun, but ending was a let down for me although it was somewhat expected.

Comfy.

Pretty good but not as good as Five Leaves

Great anime, not something you see every year. I would say it was a bit underrated but the ending was a bit rushed as well.

It starts of good but the plotline ends up dragging along with the development of the story, and the excitement of the trip wears off about 5 or 6 episodes in. The final brings an adequate resolution despite being weak somewhat.
It's okay if you don't expect much from it, and the whole atmosphere is enjoyable, but it can be a bore at times.

I dropped it after 2 eps because it triggered my autism.
>hurr we'll dissolve the federal supervision unit, what could possibly go wrong

This
I got bored and let this one slide off my watch list because nothing was freaking happening.

VERY comfy, maxing out all meters. Plot not as deep as alluded to, it mostly just serves as a vehicle to showcase handsome boys doing handsome boy things. Would have enjoyed if the series was longer actually to focus a bit more on the travelogue of each unique area. Can't get enough of the OP song, I put the full version on my workout playlist and gets me pumped every time. Also gets me in the mood for elegant drinks and smoking.

I loved the animation, and the soundtrack was pretty lit (especially the OP). The dialogue was good as well.

I thought the ending was anti-climactic and the main villain (Lillium) was revealed far too late.

Side note: Does anyone else think that this song from the show sounds alot like a Stevie Wonder song? (esp around the 1:44 mark)

Forgot to post link to song: youtube.com/watch?v=EL516-aKn7I

Great, beautiful, and very comfy. Would watch again.

>if the EU was populated by Japanese so it actually worked.

Reminds me of Clazziquai Project

It was great. Outstanding score.
I really liked how lowkey everything was, such that a man pulling another man's hair seemed shockingly violent.

Very good at creating atmosphere.

Have you heard of the USA?

Up until 1973 the EU actually worked. Then they started adding shit countries like Greece, Spain, Portugal and Romania, went full sovietic and ruined it.

Sorry to damp your imagination, but there is no king of Europe.

This, the fact that the show was so calm for most of it's run to the point that pulling a man's tie is considered violence is nothing short of brilliance.

Lots of people seem to complain about the ending, when it fits perfectly in line with the tone of the show. It's about bureaucrats that talk a lot, not about revolutionaries that take things by force. I think they handled the ending quite elegantly.

Did it air this year? cuz then its my AOTY for sure. Fucking fantastic & smart writing without being over the top or too on the nose. DIdn't treat its viewers like they were retarded. great visuals. Fantastic OST. Just overall a very very good series that I'd recommend to anyone.

AOTY no doubt. Only Tiger Mask could possibly surpass it.

Loved the way it looked, but was very lukewarm on everything else.
The plot was too dull to be interesting, and too much in the foreground to just ignore.
The states were too gimmicky to take seriously, but enough to be interesting in a Kino's Journey kind of way.
I'd have liked it a lot more if it was actually about auditing bureaucrats and eating cake.

Does anyone have that gif with Jeanne smoking on the rooftop with the blanket on?

It was the comfiest shit ever.

>ywn hug Grossler while he wears his little poncho
why go on

LETS GO COME ON COME ON ON A JOURNEY

Very comfy, solid 7/10 show. I want to live in Korore.

Gave it a chance because it was something original and had a nice atmosphere but there wasn't enough of substance in the story to keep me watching. Where is the pathos?

OP was really the only memorable thing about it.

I don't think I can ever dislike what Ono Natsume draws. It's comfy as fuck and has wonderful old men as usual.

I'm disappointed by the ending.

things fizzled out at the end, but that fit the story imo. art was great and the series still came to a nice close.

8/10

It was too "chill" to be a mysterious/intriguing kind of story so the result kinda fell flat, but I don't regret watching it, the op and the characters were pretty good.

Very solid show. Not the greatest ever but still good.

I see a lot of complaints for the ending in this show but the ending was perfect for the theme of the show.

I just wish the little sister wasn't such a retard.

Didn't finish it because I thought MC was going to fall in love with blue hair lady, I felt betrayed.

You should know that the mangaka's fetish are old men.

>fetish are old men
I hate this.

>hating cute old men
Pfft. I bet you didn't even watch Ristorante Paradiso.

Jean did. She just didn't fall in love with him.

Interesting episodes with great buildup but ultimately fell flat and felt anticlimactic.

>She just didn't fall in love with him.
Yup, not finishing it.

It's ok user, he won in the end.

I was about to post the same statement, then I read the thread.

Mauve was cool as fuck. She can make other women go gay for her.

Shit taste.

God bless her. Next Natsume Ono anime when?

I've been putting off reading Not Simple, and this show made me read it. You can't help but sympathize with the characters she creates, I like her storytelling.

>Big guy's daughter is in lesbians with whatshisname's daughter
Cute. Is this the first time Ono draws a yuri story?

>thinly veiled he didn't watch it when it aired
hahaha

>Nino's voice

Tsuda is great, isn't he?

it was shit. try to be patient but dropped it after 6 episodes. only good things were animation and the opening

>H-he noticed me??

This. The resolution was too neat, too quick.

I think the series did a pretty good job of making it clear the emphasis was on the character interactions and not so much the actual plot.

I enjoyed it, but then I'm a massive Natsume Ono/BASSO fan anyway

I regret the years I lived without paying attention to him.

BD Batch when?

I dont think I am allowed to have opinions, am I? What am I supposed to think?

Repent, o sinful one!

Don't think. Leave it to your betters.

Smooth...

Are we ever going to get the ova?

That hairpull was so brutal

It's not even out yet

Grossler is a good boy, people should be nice to him.

Why was he so shy? It's hard to believe someone with such an important job, with a good salary and recognition from his coworkers would be a wallflower like that, he should have more confidence.

It was a 9/10 show until the last episode, which was fitting but underwhelming.

Could have swore it was, I saw the preivew and all at least 2 months ago now.

I was really close to dropping it halfway through but I stuck with it for the desserts

It comes out on December 22

Why? He got with best girl Nino

I'm surprised to see there are so few people who think it's AOTY material, I'm glad I'm not alone

Maybe it's because not many people watched it? Or they thought it was fujoshit?

It was okay. I still chuckle at the anime title because of pic related.

I'm surprised by your surprise. Even if I thought more of the show's quality, its appeal was always very niche.

>Badass looking gambler man
>Does nothing the whole time
I really wish they expanded more on the branch leaders

But Nino is a dude.

There's a spinoff about them if you're interested, it might get animated since ACCA13 sold well

>mfw Digibro said it was boring

Natsume Ono has such an oyaji fetish

Will give it a shot, cheers.

>caring on some retarded review
Kill yourself.

People who call shows like this "boring" are the kind of people I know if I were ever in a room with them I'd just have to smile and shake my head knowing they'd never have an interesting opinion to offer on anything they've ever seen, heard, or read.

Very comfy. I like the artstyle a lot.

Mauve best girl.

Wtf I look like a Ono Natsume character

Are you a calm and collected old man with a long forehead, elegant roman nose, and a comfy sweater?

>You'll never live in 19th century German bureaucracy : The Anime

Reminder that Nino gets shirtless in the OVA.

Post proof