You can only choose one

You can only choose one.
The other's films are permanently deleted from existence.

>deleting the masterpiece that is F91

fuck you

This has got to be a joke. Theres literally no reason to pick Ideon, CCA or F91 of all possible movies over Nausicaa or Spirited Away.

I've neer seen any of these.

Gee, who should I choose between a hack whose lifetime work has been nothing but rehashing the same mechashit with absolutely no ounce of creativity or a legendary filmmaker whose works have resonated all across and whose cultural significance are still far reaching nowadays

newfag

>CCA
>Ignoring source material and even going so far as to add new characters
Into the trash it goes

studio ghibli
wow that was easy

KON
O
N

It would be a tougher pick if it were Tomino's whole output. Miyazaki no contest with just films

What the fuck, really? Are you fucking serious?

No.

Yes.

Mononoke Hime is a top 5 anime films OAT in terms of:
storytelling
cinematography
animation
soundtrack
emotional impact

I won't bother asking to be proven wrong because this is factual

Goodbye Tomino.

Oshii or Takahata?

Tomino.
I know Miyazaki is more influential, but I honestly don't like any of his films. I enjoyed watching F91 and Char's Counterattack much more than My Neighbor Totoro or Spirited Away. Ideon: Be Invoked is much more stunning, in terms of plot, theme, characters, and visual direction, than Miyazaki's best film (which is probably Nausicaa or something like that).

Stop posting and fuck off.

>mecha
>normie trash

Hard choice.

Miyazaki of course.

Who fucking cares about gunshits, it has 0 value.

>CCA
>Ignoring source material
It is a faithful adaptation of Hi Streamer

Make me.

F91 and CCA aren't that great

Tomino is a cunt

>a hack whose lifetime work has been nothing but rehashing the same mechashit with absolutely no ounce of creativity
Fuck you.

Now that is tough. I think I would eliminate Oshii but damn

>Ideon: Be Invoked is much more stunning, in terms of plot, theme, characters, and visual direction
You realize how laughable this entire comparison is, right? First off, nothing about Ideons visuals or visual direction is impressive in any form or shape. Second, Be Invoked heavily exploits the setup providing by Contact and SRI's 40 episode long TV feature. No shit are the character and plot more complex and fleshed out when they essentially conclude after a 20hour long ride.

Tomino doesn't make films he makes toy commercials

I haven't watched any of them either, although I have seen Kiki's Delivery Service, My Neighbor Totoro, and Howl's Moving Castle.
based off of those Miyazaki seems to be overrated as fuck, they weren't anything special

Delete them both along with every 80s turbonigger wit them

>Kiki's Delivery Service
I've literally only seen this while it was played on the Disney Channel. Good times.

The only worthwhile movie Tomino has ever made is Be Invoked and even that's only good if you've seen Ideon.

There is no discussion.

>wit
ok phoneposter

Kill yourself, only a newfag would be proud of not having seen something

That mechashit has had more influence in the industry than any of Miyazaki's movies.

Miyazaki, easily.

I would much rather be dropped in Somalia that suffer through any of that other guy's horseshit.

>Emotionally manipulative trash
>or children's toy commericals that manchildren think is deep
Hmmmm... if you gave me a sniper rifle i'd "remove" both of them as anime would be better of without them

>le 50 episode toy commercial compressed into a 2 hour special

Miyazaki has more movies that I liked, but at the same time, he's made tonnes of mediocre family films that I'll never care enough to even watch, whereas I at least enjoyed every Tomino work I've seen

If just films then Miyazaki. CCA is OK and F91 was a mistake. Tomino's only good movies are Be Invoked and the MSG trilogy.

If their entire catalogue, then Tomino hands down.

F91 was great though

Both overrated

>Delete Tomino
On one hand, I really like CCA, on the otherhand, that means no A New Translation retardation.

But I think I'd still delete Miyazaki so I never have to hear another normie talk about his films.

Are all the Gundam compilation films fine? I want to watch all the Gundam stuff and it isnt as daunting as I thought when I found pic related on /m/.

I choose the bottom guy even though he's a twat.

> lifetime work has been nothing but rehashing the same mechashit
You haven't watched any Tomino shows, have you?

A New Translation was fine except for the fact that they didn't completely redo the animation, and the non-cannon ending is pointless

Just don't listen to them? Judging works based solely on who likes them is retarded.

You won't be able to appreciate the films if you don't watch the series

No. MSG films are great and equal, if not superior to the TV show. It cuts out some characters and plot arcs in exchange for a tighter narrative and no filler. Purists will say that you HAVE to watch the TV show before the movies but keep in mind that the movies were made years after MSG and were meant for a new audience. The other compilations only really work as a supplement as 2 movies isn't enough to properly condense the story.

On the other hand, G-Reco is getting 5 (FIVE) movies so you can probably watch those instead of the show once they are out.

Is it a crime to not have seen much of either's films? Like, I'd be more hurt if Studio 3Hz or Shaft was gone than either of their production companies.

>losing the entirety of Sunrise
YAMEROOOOOOOOOO

Ideon fuck ghibil normie pandering garbage

Why is it getting 5?
Is the dark skinned MC in Turn A actually cool? His design is what attracted me to Gundam many years ago.

Gee, who should I choose between a hack whose lifetime work has been nothing but rehashing the same moeshit with absolutely no ounce of creativity or a legendary filmmaker whose works have resonated all across and whose cultural significance are still far reaching nowadays

Miyazaki is my favourite director and Tomino sucks.

Nice pasta

>not HMC for miyazaki instead of SA

>The Big O
>Nichobros
>Gintama
Ok, MAYBE I misspoke when I put 3Hz above them. I still stand by Shaft though, Madoka and Bake fucking snapped the industry in half, and raped it for a good while.

Because G-Reco was a deeply flawed show due to it being cut down from 52 episodes to 26 and Tomino is getting a chance to redeem it.

Also, pic related.

>Fav director is not Yuasa

>normie
Kill yourself.

I like Yuasa way better as an animator

t. normie

That is the only Gundam I have actually seen since I watched it while it was running. Felt incomplete, guess I will look out for them.

Loran is great, but since Turn A is a deconstruction of Gundam, you should watch at least any two Gundam shows before it so you know what tropes it is rebelling against. The amount of specific knowledge of particular series required is close to none, but you should be aware of the general themes and expectations in a Gundam show before you watch it. Otherwise, you might just get bored since its 30 episodes of mecha doing laundry and herding cows.

I thought neofags were staying on Sup Forums?

Turn A is excellent but its a meta story about other Gundam series so you should watch some of the UC before watching it.

Tomino. Miyazaki movies are the same shit every fucking time

Well without Nausicaa we wouldn't have had Anno which means we wouldn't have had Evangelion which means anime would have never evolved.

I was thinking about watching them in release order besides the compilation film trilogy would be how I did it for the most part

>we would still be in the golden age of the 80s and early-mid 90s if not for Miyazaki
Miyazaki it is then.

>Eva evolved anime
I recently bought the platinum collection for 100 bucks, never seen Eva though I owned all the Rebuild films before I got the collection because I wanted to watch the TV series first. If this is true I need to watch it ASAP.

Do people actually believe this?

>Ponyo, Princess Mononoke and The Wind Rises are same movie

"Golden age" of what? stagnation?

That's what I did. While it had highs and lows, overall I thought it was great fun. I really recommend watching the full series and not the movies, however

How on earth was that period stagnant?

Even watch the original TV series over the films?

How exactly did Eva make anime evolve? Anime is the same shit it's always been

You have much to learn OP. The answer is Spirited away easily. The other films are good but look pathetic in comparison and the only reason people aren't Pickering spirited away is because it's the most popular choice and they won't feel special otherwise but everyone deep down knows that Spirited Away is the one and only masterpiece.

more like without Gundam and Ideon EVA would have never existed

Madoka did the same thing Eva did but better.

>Loran is great, but since Turn A is a deconstruction of Gundam
> deconstruction
Careful with that word, it stings.
I actually was able to watch Turn A without any significant Gundam knowledge, excepting light sprinkles of G and Wing in my youth. I personally adored the show, watched it through twice even, which is a big deal since it's a ~50 episode behemoth. It's probably one of the easiest Gundams to just jump in to, I think.

The first compilation movie for 0079 are sucks, the second is okay, and the third one is really good.

Of course I choose /m/y god Tomino.

I'm not the original user you were talking to so we probably have differing opinions but yes, I say watch the original series.

It may have some filler, but it is still probably the high water mark for the full length series, in my opinion.

>Well without Nausicaa we wouldn't have had Anno which means we wouldn't have had Evangelion
> Implying Gundam and Ideon didn't play a part as inspirations for Eva.
The landscape would be irrevocably changed either way.

CCA. Char is the most charismatic anime character to exist. I honestly have no idea how Tomino did it

It isn't a "deconstruction", but it is a self commentary on the plotlines of the other Gundams, and why they typically follow the paths they do.

Tomino made the only decent Isekai in existence

You have much to learn OP. The answer is Char's Counterattack easily. The other films are good but look pathetic in comparison and the only reason people aren't pickle ricking CCA is because it's the most patrician choice and they won't feel special otherwise but everyone deep down knows that Gundam is the one and only masterpiece.

That's fine, but my main gripe with people recommending release order as a primer for Turn A is that it gives the false impression that Turn A has anything to do with UC's plot. The themes that Turn A deal with are replicated among pretty much every Gundam except for Turn A and G, which were designed with the same anti-Gundam mind set. You'd be just as prepared for Turn A after watching SEED and 00, or Wing and X as you would be after watching MSG and Zeta. Turn A is a meta narrative about Gundam as a franchise, not any specifics. Of course, MSG and Zeta are flat out better than 90% of Gundam so its probably the best place to start just because its not shitty, but its not like they are required viewing.

I think a lot of people over-emphasize the meta narrative of Turn A. The entire show is self-contained and its completely stand alone so you could watch it blind. I still think you should have some knowledge of Gundam before hand, but since Gundam is so often copied, you could probably get the same messages from other anime.

But it actually is a deconstruction of Gundam tropes, unlike Eva. When you don't see beam sabers until episode 20+, its saying something about the franchise as a whole.

I prefer watching the movies. Its got no filler, the animation is slightly better and the plot moves about much smoother. Yes, you miss out on stuff like the Black Tri-Stars, but they aren't really that important to the overall story. MSG is mainly about Amuro and Char as characters and all that stuff is still intact. I think if you had to watch one over the other, I'd recommend the movies, especially since its a smaller time investment. The way I see it, if you're only going to watch one, watch the movies, if you're planning on seeing both, then start with the show.

And as another user said, Encounters In Space is brilliant and the high point of the entire franchise.

I bet you think Empire Strikes Back is a masterpiece too

All of them are outdated except spirited away and hold no prevalence in the modern anime industry.

I mean once I finish going through most if not all the Gundams I probably will go back and take my time with the original series

Why waste your time? Gundam has been surpassed long ago. If you didn't watch it as a kid and don't have your nostalgia googles at the ready it's going to be shit.

if you're going to watch the entire franchise, why skimp on the best part? 0079 isn't even 50 episodes either, its like ~43.

I'd say skip shit like SEED, not the genesis of the entire real mecha genre.

Or just don't watch it at all. There's no point.

0079 is a super robot show.
Dunbine was Tomino's first real robot.
VOTOMS was Takahashi's first real robot.

0079 is a super
The movie trilogy is a real.

>Dunbine was Tomino's first real robot.
>The more the MC pilots the Dunbine the stronger it gets
>Near the end it pretty much has infinite power
?

Shifted adult-oriented anime from OVA to television singlehandedly.

You're right. Eva is for adults.