Why hello fellow otaku!

Why hello fellow otaku!
I'd love to have a civilized discussion about the Rebuild of Evangelion and whether or not it is worth watching for a fan of the original series ending as well as end of evangelion!
Please note I'm not a real hardcore anime or manga fan, but if you fine fellows could lend me your opinions based of years of expertise in Japanese anime and similar cultural products I would be greatly indebted.
The last thing I want is to watch some cop out mass appeal big budget anime for mass consumption - no, I'd rather spare myself of the experience if that were the case.
Thank you in advance and cheers, friends :)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CE7nb-GKYLg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What the fuck is this post. Rebuilds are pretty meh though

Go for it.

what is the point of making an ironic epic troll post while putting a copout ironic epic troll face at the end of it?

this is an anonymous board. we already know you are pretending to be retarded. why are you pooping on yourself further to tautologically demonstrate that you are pretending to be retarded. it just makes you look actually retarded.

Mods kept deleting my threads. No reason given so I assume they think im trolling (?)

I'm not trolling. I post on r9k and most faggots there call rebuild normie trash so I wanted to get expert opinion on it
I'm really not into anime but I trust you guys a hell of a lot more than those edgelords

oh boy. grab a chair.

youtube.com/watch?v=CE7nb-GKYLg

This trailer is pretty dope.

Wroth watching it for the absolutely stunning artwork and music alone. Overall I thought they weren't as bad as the everyone says. Well above average as far as any media goes IMO.

0/5 or 10/10 I really can't tell

I saw ur thread get deleted, blatant ecchi is okay but asking anime recommendations isn't

These mods are so fucking autistic, feels like none of them were even on Sup Forums near it's creation

>whether or not it is worth watching for a fan of the original series ending as well as end of evangelion!

That depends on how seriously you take Evangelion. Rebuild is exactly that and it doesn't shy away from reshaping some Eva lore and art direction to go to new places.
Unfortunately it mostly falls flat despite the huge increase in budget, movies aren't tv series and many things that made Evangelion an actual great piece of art/media are lost (character and world building, no time for plot and meta-plot to sink in...)

>The last thing I want is to watch some cop out mass appeal big budget anime for mass consumption

All anime is meant for consumption and to have potential to mass appeal.
That said, RoE is pretty much a cash cow.
I personally think Anno is determined to erase from otaku collective consciousness all the despair and pain we learnt to associate with Evangelion (Eva is pretty much a fruit of Anno's inner psychological troubles after all). It's like he wants to erase all resemblance of actual plot and feelings Eva may had given us to suffocate us in a LCL of otaku conformity with 2D "superflatness"

This thread also gave me cancer

I remember posting a thread once on Sup Forums "what are some other anime where the female lead confeses her love like Crab-chan?" and it was deleted and banned for a day. I wouldn't consider it a request...

TO be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rebuild of Evangelion. The symbolism is very subtle, and without a grasp of Jungian and Freudian psychology most of the plot will go over the typical viewer's head.

There's also Shinji's hopeless outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterization: his personal philosophy works as a deconstruction of the mecha genre, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of Rebuild, to realize that its not just another fanservice moefest - it says something deep about LIFE.

As a consequence people who dislike the Rebuilds truly ARE bakas- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the significance of Gendo's existential catchphrase "Get in the Robot Shinji," which itself is a cryptic reference to Sophocles' ancient Greek tragedy Oedipus the King. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Anno Hideaki's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them.

And yes by the way, I DO have a NERV tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 synch ratio points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

literally what the fuck is a chan if not discussing other animes to get into with each other? God forbid someone asks what to watch after finishing X, or is X worth, literally amounts to like 2-3 threads per day and they're hunted with vigor only our autistic mods could possess

Moot didn't die for this
I should clarify so we're clear

Janitors and especially mods who actually enforce the "dont ask 4 recomendations xDD" nonsense are AUTISTIC

You are pathetically AUTISTIC and should get out more

>many things that made Evangelion an actual great piece of art/media are lost (character and world building, no time for plot and meta-plot to sink in...)
So that's literally what gave the original series substance and now you're saying RoE completely ignores that?
DESU from a non anime fan point of view I really enjoyed how meta the series was.
Basically it goes from after school mindless mecha series to really in your face meta-esoteric dark psychological tour de force without asking your permission which I felt was really interesting from an artistic/directorial standpoint

>tumblr
>animes
>encouraging spoonfeeding
he's going all out

You guys

What if at the end of the movie instead of strangling Asuka... He stood over her, squatted down and hovered his ass in her face then ripped a fucking huge wet chili fart in her mouth. and he hangs his head in shame, shadowing his eyes with a long pause
>"You're disgusting."
then shinji says "I'm so fucked up" like at the beginning

>tumblr

???

>RoE completely ignores that?

exactly. Dark moments are there but they lack the impact of the original series since we don't spend the same amount of time with the characters and they're not treated the same way

>this low bait

2/10 for the effort

Great pasta