Speaking of Daisuke Sāto, it got me curious...

Speaking of Daisuke Sāto, it got me curious. Were there any other Mangaka that croaked before their stories ever finished?

Plenty off ln authors, the guy behind zero no tsukaima, the MM author, Trinity bloods author.

Not manga but I think the author of MM! died and there was that guy from zero no something that died as well. I think he wrote something about wanting to keep on living.

The Kaze no stigma author also died, and the Nyan Koi author put the Manga on hiatus for years due to heavy health issues.

Has anyone ever compared the author death rate to the general population's?

Fujiwara Cocoa died while serializing Katsute Mahō Shōjo to Aku wa Tekitai Shiteita, though she was famous for Inu x Boku SS
Takabatake Enaga, author of Godspeed died not long ago, although I'm not sure if his work was just short, axed or he couldn't finish it so someone else did it for him

It's unquestionably a stressful life

Kenji Tsuruta has the right idea; take as long as it takes.

Miura will kick the bucket before he finishes berserk.

berserk

>and the Nyan Koi author...
Jesus, you got me scared there for a second

Also, Aoyama Kei, author of SWWEEET shortly after his last work's second volume release. Althhough he killed himself instead of dying naturally, so yeah here's that.
This guy done some simple yet so beatiful close up faces and there was definitely something weird about his works.

>mfw Japan is gonna get nuked before many mangos get an ending

She's gonna feel that in the morning.

Not if Trump can stop it.

Whelp, it's fucked.

Very sad

>NK
>a threat

He didn't die as much as he killed himself. I forget the name of the author but the manga was something like china girl or something along those lines. I remember it being cute. Oh well.

In the sense of their ability to win a war? Yeah, an absolute joke.

In the sense of their potential ability to kill a lot of fucking people? Not as funny.

>Implying we wouldn't be able to shoot nearly anything they have down
>implying they would even dare to trying a nuke
user, if they ever try to nuke Japan or SOuth Korea, they will lose their Chinese shield, we would instantly obliterate them, and Korea would be united whenever we finished rebuilding them.

>Doubting Donald-san
Sad!

Shina Dark and Ratman are two that comes to mind for me.

How did Ratman mangaka die if the series ended? Did someone else finish it for him like his assistants?

I'm still in mourning to this day.

This makes me sad.

I shall now anger Sup Forums with one picture.

They have the Unicorn Gundam standing guard.

>Trinity blood will never be finished
>Abel will never taste Ion's sweet vampire boi-pussy

The author of the one manga with the adorable, useless magical girl and the guy at the top level of the evil organization who loved her.

>donald shitter
Crap taste

MM!'s author Akinari Matsuo passed away without warning on April 18, 2011. The phrasing of the letter, which does not mention accident nor illness, suggests suicide.

It was such a fresh premise when it aired, if it aired today I'd probably say it's good or ok and people would call Kazuma a gary stu and cry about it all day but back then it was different. Same thing would happen to stuff like Zero no Tsukaima or Shakugan no Shana, not to mention Haruhi

2005-9 was one of the golden eras in Anime but a lot of people have taken the bad things from it and runed it to the ground, anime industry is very inbred so I guess it's to be expected but it still doesn't work in it's favor.

>>

Or Togashi. Release something every six months. It's not like he isn't rolling on YuYu and Sailor Moon money.

To be fair, that faggot was never going to finish HSotD regardless of his health. He wrote himself into the same lose/lose situation the Oreimo author did, but didn't have the balls to continue.

How?

So the writer died, but the artist is still alive. I assumed that since they're brothers the writer might've passed some information to the artist.

And even if he didn't the plot is pretty simple. Each of the six kids needs to find their family and make sure they're safe. Plus there's the EMP and then some...

But anyways, the point is, why can't they just continue the damn series?

TRANSLATION WHEN

It's just a set of rules for a table top game user

>Implying my anime friends and I don't hold RPG sessions

I hate to be that guy but the odds of a Japanese TTRPG getting a TL is pretty slim. We're pretty lucky that we got so many official ones over the years and that some able-bodied fa/tg/uys have been working on other systems like Nechronica or Tokyo Nova.

People differentiate the works that were left unfinished due the author's death and the works that continued under a new creator.

- Kaze no Stigma, Trinity Blood and Zero no Tsukaima got finished under other authors, either due the original author leaving drafts behind in case the worst ever happened or the publisher just brute forces an ending with another author; Zero no Tsukaima for one was about to end so a draft was ready and available for another writer to finish and that happened last year, Trinity Blood and Kaze no Stigma had someone else who was good friends with the original author and they finished with the publishe and family's blessing.

Then there works that are forever on limbo due no one else finishing it, that happens mostly with manga where the original author was both the writer and artist, but there's the case with Highschool of the Dead where even if the artist is still alive no one is bothering to continue.

>I assumed that since they're brothers
I wonder how this misconception spread this fucking hard, they are not sliblings, the "Sato" in Daisuke Sato and Shouji Sato are written in different Kanji.

Daisuke was an older veteran writer, Shouji is younger and expressed gratitude when he was told to work with an experience novelist, shit, it's right there in Highschool of the Dead Post-Script pages in Volume 1.

Or maybe just a damn incurable genetic disease. There are a shitload of manga authors out there.

so, so many
May they all rest in peace

What is this?
Search functions and character name give me nothing.

>tfw S2 never

>berserk
this

NO FUCK YOU I WANT TO BELEIVE

Useless because norks can't into UNDERSTANDING

the author really likes drawing hands, even more than those girls

As Miura and Togashi, this fucker will never finish his job before his death.

Saint Seiya has had closure a bunch of times.

And if you think Miura and Togashi are bad - Fukumoto still has Akagi in Washizu Namek.

I thought Washizu Mahjong has been over for a couple of months?

We need more Kazuma type MCs, the true alpha.

I remember there was this show about this kid in a magic school or something recently. That was the closest thing to Kazuma we had in recent times.

Kazuma was a good boy. I'll always be sad his adventures were cut short.

>The 21st volume of Zero no Tsukaima novel will be delayed at least for two months. Please forgive me! Damn! I'll live on. I had been desperate, but I miraculously got an opportunity to take the operation. There is a possibility of survival. I really want to live...

The Inu x Boklu mangaka was rumoured to have committed suicide, since no explanation of her death was given.

I haven't looked in on this in years, did we ever get an explanation for why the writer dropped this shit so hard? Wrote himself into a corner? Hated it and was just doing it for a paycheck? Crippling ennui?

He's dead bro. This whole thread is about how he's dead. Bro.

He abandoned the series for years before then.

You don't seem to very into what happened, Daisuke had stalled Highschool of the Dead for years before he actually died; 3 years to be exact, with only 2 chapters on that time.

>Nyan Koi
That's a name I haven't heard in a while. Always remember it for its great character design.

>I'll always be sad his adventures were cut short.
It werent, about all the people mourning Kaze no Stigma don't to know, or just can't use google to know, the fact that the Light Novel ended under a different writter.

- Kaze no Stigma
- Zero no Tsukaima
- Trinity Blood

All ended under a different writter, all of the them must have left rough drafts of how the series was going to end so another writer transformed that draft into a cohesive follow-up, Zero no Tsukaima for one is confirmed to have done exactly that, the series was about to end when the author passed away, he left some note on how the series was about to end and gave his blessing to the publisher to finish the story with a new author if he didn't live through his fight against cancer.

the author dropped it after a tsunami hit Japan, and he didn't want to continue writing an apocalyptic world amidst a Japan that just got hit by a disaster. Also zombies are seen differently over there compared to the west, it looks like you're disrespecting the dead when you're writing about shit like that. Someone mentioned all this from the last thread so I'm guessing it's true.

Highschool of the Dead 2010
Mayoi Neko Overrun! 2010
Ikoku Meiro no Croisée The Animation 2011
Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! 2012
Inu x Boku SS 2012

>planned on killing Saeko
>literally best girl

He had shit taste and Death decided to remind him of it.

I haven't seen this being officially stated in any worthwhile anime website, and for sure that isn't stated in any of the HotD volumes post-script, so it is 100% fake to me till a source is posted.

It seems there are people around Sup Forums that weren't here when the manga started dying, it was left abandoned for 3 years with a complete hiatus but even before that the series skipped a lot of Dragon Age issues, it took a lot of breaks before the hiatus hammer dropped, if the 2014 earthquakes and tsunami were the reason then Daisuke was predicting he would drop with the disaters with all the issues skipped before, also that he didn't care all that much about the disasters after all since 2 chapters were released after the full hiatus..

>Papa no Iukoto o Kikinasai! 2012
Also had an ending.

Never underestimate what a cornered rat will do.
Also remember the hidden artillery ready to level Seoul at a moment's notice.

What the hell is going on with her body anatomy?

A shame he ended up with the cousin