Napoleon or Alexander the Great?

Napoleon or Alexander the Great?

Yes.

Alexander the Great, obviously

Sargon of Akkad

Kise

Nebuchadnezzar

Neither.

One was ultimately a loser and the other was a super egotistical douche so neither.

>French (Italian) manlet or Greek (Macedon) queer
Reinhard is a god.
Reinhard is Tyr, the hard nigga who is always right.

Fuck, it's gonna be a real shitshow on Sup Forums once the show actually comes out.

Both were super egotistical douches that ultimately lost.

He's an amalgamation of the good qualities of the good statesmen and autocrats of the 19th century. He is not any one figure any more than Yang Wen-Li.

>dying means you lose
>being ambitious means you're an asshole
activates the almonds
Not necessarily just the 19th century though. The Alexander comparison is a good one.

Apart from looks and age, what are the parallels?

The whole no more worlds left to conquer thing, for one. I don't remember if Reinhard actually says it but he does conquer the entire known universe. He's really more of a conqueror than a statesman- even if he does understand and appreciate those things he still delegates the actual political machinations to other people. The empire's fate post-Reinhard is also left unclear, and I could easily see the admirals splitting it up (maybe initially for administrative purposes). Having an heir makes it less likely, I suppose.

Both. I'm glad they just gave the surnames of the real people they were based on to some of the characters. Made it a lot easier to figure out who's who.

Sure, through a very convoluted political process. That's very 19th century, not so much classical. And in any case, unlike Alexander not only did he conquer the galaxy, but went on to administrate it up until his death, as well as take up some questionable hobbies.

>than a statesman
As Yang says, Reinhard wins on the cheap: he sets both strategic and political conditions beforehand to assure the outcome, which tactics cannot overcome. In wartime that's what a statesman is ought to do. As for delegating politics, one main theme of Reinhard is the power centralised with him. It ain't centralised if someone else is handling it.

>The empire's fate post-Reinhard is also left unclear
logh is framed as a historical document of tumultuous era. Remaining figures give commentary on the events without any hints of problems in their remaining years. And in any case, cmon, they gave the empire a constitution.

He's Lady Oscar, la Rose de Versailles.

yamero

>one main theme of Reinhard is the power centralised with him
Yeah, but it's more that everything important goes through him, and that subordinates view themselves as instruments of his will, than that everything is directly handled by him. It's definitely the mark of a good leader that his power structure is like that, but his passion is on a larger scale, in uniting the galaxy and flushing out the corruption of the old ways- as opposed to, say, building the capital on Phezzan or devising the tax code to make it more just for the commoners. He lets other people take care of that.
>Remaining figures give commentary on the events without any hints of problems in their remaining years. And in any case, cmon, they gave the empire a constitution.
True, maybe I'm reading too much into Reuenthal going off and doing his thing. Although, the constitution isn't a guarantee of much without knowing what was put into it. Dividing the Empire up into not-satrapies that have stayed stable for long enough for LoGH to be written in-universe is an entirely legitimate possibility, and it would make sense if you think about how to codify Heinessen's status into law.

Dies young from an unknown disease.
Great, godlike conqueror who builds his empire on his formidable generals and put's them in charge of parts of his empires which bites him later in the ass.
His best friends dies very early.
His only successor is a baby, unable to rule right after his death.

Clyde the Okay.

Robert the Adequate

Reinhard boipussy, the fujoshi guarantee. Next semester on Sup Forums

But Alexander never lost.

Dio

>Fails invasion of India
>Men turn against him
>Dies
>Empire falls apart

The dude lost so hard it killed him.

Since when they wanted to invade all India?
The empire didn't fall, it was just divided under macedonian king's and the hellenistic kingdoms lasted for centuries.

He got his ass whooped in India.

>The whole no more worlds left to conquer thing, for one

I thought that was a made up quote and the "real" one is different?

How?

>unable to rule right after his death
says who? why do you think he's not gonna fit as a ruler? he has the blood of genius parents, with a proper upbringing he's gonna be a great ruler.

That feel when sitting through 14 episdes of Yang solving a murder mystery and then getting four comfy episodes of Reinhard and Kircheis on a snowy planet.

I like both sides, but ultimately I have to side with mein Kaiser.

yang's gaidens are comfy

>Defeats Porus
>Gets other Indian kings to ally with him
Faced with another difficult battle past the Ganges
>Exhausted army which had won essentially every battle over the years wanted to quit
How is that a failure?
The stupidest shit he did on that campiagn was making his army walk back from India via the Gedrosian

>Yang is generally chilling on his chair, drinking brandy
>meanwhile Reinhard gets sent on one suicide mission after the other

>Sets out to conquer India
>Doesn't
That's called a "failure".

A part of me wishes I would have watched the series chronologically

>Sets out to conquer India

But that never happened.

Sure, but I don't see how he "got his ass whooped."

He's more like Alexander in the fact that he conquered everything and then died. But Alexander is much more like an ambitious Yang. Winning everything by sheer tactics and willpower, but ultimately dying in the end, with nothing but your name left behind.

>he has the blood of genius parents
Yeah, but even a genius is not a fit ruler if he is one year old. Alexander had a son too but he was to young to rule.

>he has the blood of genius parents

The whole point of abolishing the aristocracy in the Empire was that talent doesn't inherit.

>>Men turn against him
I really like that story. His men were fed up with the war, with the whole racemixing thing and the fact that more and more asians became a part of the macedonian army. Alexander did not allow them to visit his tent after they complained and only allowed persian aristocrats to visit. He greeted them all with a kiss on the mouth and the soldiers were so jealous that they just stopped their "rebellion". Alexander allowed them after this to visit his tent again and greeted them all with a kiss too.

Alexander, because he's a fag.

Friedrich II but less gay.