So is Hippo going to retire or what?

So is Hippo going to retire or what?

Nah, he'll pull some oxygen out of his ass. He can still punch harder.

he'll stand up to facebox for another 1k chapters and all you doubters will learn that Kamogawa's way is the one true way and hey nurse Ippo's diaper needs to be changed wheel him out of here

the next chapter spoilers are hilarious. I hope mangastream keeps translating weekly

No, this is just bullshit about self-doubt because of Miyata.

- Ippo starts strong.
- But wait, the opponent is so strong!
- Ippo takes dozens of blows to the head because he's an idiot.
- Kamogawa is a horrible coach who says things like "ippo my boy hang in there!", "go nuts!", "use oxygen!".
- This continues until Ippo somehow wins because of his retard strength or when his coach finally gives him some advice (by the point his brains are leaking out of his ears).
The best or worst example (depending on your view) was the Woli fight, where Ippo got the shit beaten out of him and only managed to win because of his rib taps made some cracking sound in his mind.

Even here, the author is just dragging it on. Ippo should have won this easily. It's bad writing to have Ippo start collapsing like this. If he was a smart boxer this wouldn't have happened. If Ippo makes it, the author would keep milking it. Probably something like
- Kid are you okay? Why were you tripping?
- It's okay haha, I just took someone else's shoes by accident!
- Haha it's all good! Wait why would he make such a simple mistake? K-KID?!

O
MY
OXYGEN

I don't read this series but i keep seeing the oxygen meme everywhere. whats it about? did he run out of oxygen in his fight?

For his own safety, yes of course. The guy takes a year off and is struggling this much against a rando.

I would actually be interested in picking this series up again if he retires and the series still continues following his life and others.

Not before he knows what it means to be strong.

O MY TORNADO TOE is funnier.

He's been boxing for 8 years. He'll never recover from his nerve damage, just end it already. Has he even kissed his girlfriend yet? It was cute in the beginning, but what the fuck.

Truly a Japanese Spirit.

Nah, he stands up beats the enemy in 1200 and then they tease brain damage again for a bit, but don't go through with it least it kill the manga

He'll only retire if he loses and he's fighting an opponent he can beat even while brain damaged so he's good for at least one more fight.

BITCH DOES THIS LOOK LIKE A MAN WHO GONNA GIVE UP

The only funny thing is how he now has brain damage after a straight decade of fighting nobodies and achieving nothing.

>OBPF champion

That's Miyata.

>last fight is revealed at the end he wasn't even in a boxing match and was just beating up some homeless guy on the street but he's too brain damaged to differentiate it
Looking forward to it

Having never read Ippo, what does this refer to?

He calmed down and started letting oxygen go to his head, that will counteract the brain damage

>Big toe

Weirdly enough... I actually use my big toe like this, from what I can understand. I have thick calluses down there for leaning too much into it. I used to remove the calluses with nail clippers just because I liked the pain when I put pressure onto my toes.

Wasn't it from the Takamura fight?

Nah

C'mon motherfuckers, when's the next chapter released?? I fucking want to see if Ippo can fucking finally regain his oxygen levels and fucking make a fucking comeback.

that's only the recent example. Big toe was already a thing since the beach training. Ippo couldn't keep up with everyone running on the beach because his big toe wasn't strong enough

Just as expected, his opponent isn't brain damaged he's the worst matchup for the boy.

Worst coach ever, does he intend to bury his fighthers?

>it’s Kojima

>implying that Sup Forums existed during the beach training

why is this allowed