5 centimeters per second

If Takaki loved Akari so much, why did he never try to contact her after the first part?

Because Shinkai is a shit writer

He wrote tons of messages, but never sent them

Is this movie worth anything besides wallpapers?

The ending song was cool

No

Don't watch it alone or at night. I'm not kidding.

Why?

Surfer girl best girl

Watched it the first time and was deeply touched by the bittersweet sadness of the story. Watched it again after some years and realized how retarded everyone acts and how corny the plot actually is.

They exchanged letters for a while (as you can see in the last part during the sond), but gradually drifted apart due to distance. His problem was his inability to accept that the person he was infatuated with no longer exists. At the very end you can see that he finally comes to terms with it and moves on with his life.

Because people are cowards and are retarded

It can be a little bit soul crushing.

No

It's just as soul crushing and emotionally resonant as SAO

Why do people say this was Shinkai's weakest movie?

I thought it was great for the melodrama

>soul crushing

user please you want depressing watch a movie where the good guys almost get wiped out ;_;

What man wants to date a girl who has panic attacks all the time? No wonder

The movie may be shite but the final scene with the theme song is iconic as fuck.

Because it was a bad movie.

I live next door to someone stupid. He told me to hold you just now.

>cowards

NANI?

yeah it's great give it a go

>At the very end you can see that he finally comes to terms with it and moves on with his life.
Not to the point of instantly moving on, but at least he starts to try to move on.
Besides, the mango expands a bit that ending and it's implied he might have a 2nd chance with surfer girl.

Watchable

I thought the surfer girl killed herself in the end?

Everyone that said the characters were acting retarded is a retard. The point of the movie is that youthful crushes fade and adult life pretty much blows in comparison. But it communicates this in a really excellent way that isn't over the top. I think its a 10/10

I'm convinced Makoto didn't know about internet at the time he wrote the script.

It never really took off in the early 2000's m8

Because Shinkai can't write believable characters.

what's so unbelievable about them?

He probably did for a while. By the third part whatever he feels is no longer love or anything close to it, he says so himself. He didn't loved her, but the memory he had of her, which no longer existed since she moved on a long time ago. He was just stuck longing for a simpler time in his life when he was happy and in love.