Vegeta

Why do Sup Forums hate him so much? He's the best DB character.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>le jobber meme

>They wouldn't have him do it without mind control
>They wouldn't have him do it without needing a buff

GAY

Because Majin Vegeta was such a retarded and nonsensical idea.

but it wasn't really mind control, since Vegeta was all-for-it

Majin Vegeta was pretty much the second best idea of the Boo Saga after Vegeta admitting that Goku is no. 1

Ahhh still a little gay.

>You may have control of my mind and my body... etc etc
It should have been his complete decision from the beginning. He should have gone full villain. There should have been no Buu in the SSJ3 arc

>Vegeta's retardation endangers the planet 1, 2, 3 fucking times. Gets forgiven and has a happy ending.
>One of the most beloved characters in anime history.
>Sasuke is a genocidal maniac. Gets forgiven and has a happy ending.
>One of the most beloved characters in anime history.
What the fuck is wrong with people?

Great animation here. The DBZ artstyle is in top form, and the color is top notch. I realize every frame wasn't like this, but it was shots like these that made DBZ so fucking cool when you were young

Sasuke wasn't an underdog like Vegeta. I think, while ostensibly similar as the antihero, these are two very different characters

nobody likes a second fiddle, let alone one that is a manlet who never wins important fights.

Vegeta gets hate only becauae Toriyama despises Vegeta.

because dragon ball is trash

and he is the character edgyfags and underages cling to first.

so that makes him the worst of the worst.

Vegeta > Goku

Reminder that the "M" stands for "Midlife-Crisis".

>Good
Saiyan-Saga Vegeta, DBS Vegeta
>Average
Freeza-Saga Vegeta, Late Buu-Saga Vegeta
>Shit
Cell-Saga Vegeta, Early Buu Saga Vegeta

>Not in fighting techniques
>Not in power
>Not in transformations
>Not in being loved by everyone on Earth
>Not in having more sons
>Not in saving the Earth more times
>Not in killing more major villain arcs

But Vegeta is better than him jobbing so I can give you that.

Namek Vegeta is the best one.
>DBS Vegeta
>Good
Holy shit taste, user.

He is the character with most development in the series. Everything related to the story falls apart after Namek, but Vegeta's development is still the most enjoyable thing after all. Probably the only good thing about Buu arc per example.

Also this.

Male tsundere?

I miss thinking Vegeta was a badass.

It worked when I was young.

He gets wasn't an underdog neither.

fuck you faggot

And the buff was small, 160M to 170M, IIRC.

Vegeta is bae

see:
Regarding the latter, there are no canon values (whether you go with 'official' stuff is your call). The gap was indeed small, but the biggest issue was the belief Vegeta had he could not just face Goku later (be it in Other World or in the living one). He operated under (mistaken) time constraints.

It is not unlike his mistaken impression of needing Oozaru to beat Goku in their first fight (in the manga, he laments not being able to hear what Goku was talking to Krillin and Gohan about *happened to be explaining how KK works, which would have clued Vegeta in on the fatigue Goku was experiencing after the KKx4 Kamehameha left him unable to use higher multipliers needed to continue the fight*). Just staying the course would have won him the fight. Piccolo removing the moon (what the arrival was planned around) meant using a technique to drastically reduce his power, before using the modifier to make up for it.

Had Goku known to just take out the 'power ball' (aside from targeting the tail *which Vegeta wouldn't have just allowed*), this would leave Vegeta at a disadvantage where Goku would almost not need even KKx2 to fight him (making a win likely prior to injuries taken from blows suffered against the big gorilla). It could have gone very wrong for Vegeta.

Instead, he crushes Goku (who spent the bulk of his final energy gathering Spirit Bomb *before firing the very last shot into Vegeta's eye, then welcoming his certain death without intervention from others*), but exposes himself (needlessly). With the transformation reversed, the halved Spirit Bomb is a threat (not quite enough to do him in despite his sorry state, but comes quite close *unlike the Kamehameha that did little more than emotional damage*).

Ultimately, he wins both fights. The means upset some, however. With the first, there is often whining about the transformation (like that concerns the lot talking about SS3 being held back in the second one *aside from Goku just not being able to master Oozaru, force it and already having the passive buff from SKW to vastly outstrip what Majin offers in the future even before Super's antics with hand-holding to gain 'god ki'*). Sometimes you hear talk about how the 'team effort' is valid, but few really have the gull to say that.

The second fight has a dead man on borrowed life force fighting another with a minor buff (put on even ground while both using SS2). A draw, up until a dirty move (capitalizing the distraction of another event *Buu*) sees Goku left eating dirt (having dropped his guard *stop me if you've heard that one before*). No real rules in these matters (though I should hope the bouts are 1v1), yet often there is a strong negative reaction to accepting the record for what it is (Vegeta is undefeated against Goku).

But then there is the question from . A lot of it is just memes and such, but then there are those that don't care for his character (much less its popularity *or even some of the fans*). Same as any other, really.

It resolved what little there was left of his 'negatives' and gave another fight (sadly, mostly off-screen in the manga).

>number 1
Certainly not in their fights (much less as a father, husband, friend, lover, hero, etc.). Indeed, not even really in terms of being a natural/prodigy, making techniques, etc. Goku still finds himself using low-tier garbage like Kamehameha, for instance (without getting into the inefficiency of SB).

>silly choices of X endangers Y
No character really gets out of Dragonball clean on this front. I trust there is no need to say more on this matter.

Fun fact, did you know that Vegeta is older than Goku by like 5 years.

El Hermano and Shaggy are way better characters

How much did he age from time chamber and that other training area from super?

>manlet
So too is Goku. People forget he isn't actually tall (or 'average').

>second fiddle
Story treats him as such, but he certainly makes off like a bandit. Take this matter, for instance . Supposing that is so, he still gives Vegeta the main girl, a daughter seemingly a clone of her, arguably the best son (who saves multiple timelines), continued prominence, undefeated record against the MC, the most character development, the most kills, etc.

see: Not untrue. But, as we know, tsundere are the strongest.

>not in power
Stronger for much of the series.

>transformations
The only one Goku has over him is SS3 (which Goku seems incapable of using for blitz *ultimately self-defeating as such*) from his time in Other World (ideal conditions).

>techniques
The work of many masters, yes. Yet for all his 'copying' ability, he didn't upgrade to better moves (even Dodonpa is superior to Kamehameha). He should at least move up to Galick Gun, but he insists on using an inferior move for no good reason. Forgot KK (though it would go well with FPSS *going with 'official' modifiers while respecting the tall talk of the 'new base', it should be superior to SS2 and SS3*). SB isn't of too much use 1v1 (least of all against someone who is 'good' *against pure evil with a massive power advantage from Mystic Gohan, it was still being driven back by Kid*). IT should be a good advantage, but it just didn't appear to do anything for their second fight (still only good enough to draw with their powers even).

>loved by everyone
Obviously not the case. Some old villains remain. Much of the Earth doesn't even know him (Satan had to make-up for this).

>more sons
Goten is nothing to brag about (what became of Gohan was just tragic).

>saving Earth more
He lived there his whole life.

>killing more major villains
All one of them (where Z is concerned), yes. Well done, MC. And even that wasn't done alone.

Of course, on the matter of jobbing, Goku has done a fine job putting Vegeta over. Throughout Super, he seems to be doing his best to take this title from 'Geets (jobbing as much as he can in the anime and manga).

>older by
It varies (depends on whether you want to play alone with the senile old man changing things up on a whim).

175cm is average lanklet

Because of this.

youtube.com/watch?v=zo5l-1r8OMo

I doubt they hate him beyond the O MY JOBBER meme

Dude has surprisingly good characterization for this being dragon ball.

He was a maniac on the saiyan arc and he still is very spooky on Namek, he comes back to earth and fucks a bitch out of boredom but it's clear he's still adapting and could kill anyone if he's in a bad mood.

Majin Vegeta is the proof about how complex he is, it feels kinda realistic. Like husbands cheating after a long marriage, he misses the thrill of being a mass murderer. He IS a Saiyan after all, not an earthling.

He's been living so many years of peace on Earth with a family, probably thinking about his younger days each time before sleep, and for one day his rival comes back.

He snaps and that makes sense, but he's just giving in to the fantasy, he isn't fully commited to being a villain. The inner conflict is good, if he threw his life out of the window and tried to conquer the world or something, THAT would have been retarded shonen writing.

I hear he DBS undoes all the mellowing out he did in the Buu saga? Is this true? He's the only reason I'd watch DBS after the dub comes out but not if he regresses.

t. manlet

I don't think most people hate, it's just funny when he jobs

He's a mix, so he does have aspects of the him that loves his family (in tsundere fashion), but still fusses about Goku (despite always beating him, getting the better family, having made his superior moves, etc.).

It isn't unfair to call it a mid-life crisis (Majin).

Jobbing tends to be (Goku does plenty of that throughout the series *three times with Blue if I remember right*).

He was great in the manga, but the anime made him quite obnoxious, always getting angry and kinda an asshole for no reason, in the manga he was smug more than anything.

>anime
They'll do that (exaggerate with filler if not even the adaptation of canon segments). This before considering the work of dubs. Another case that comes to mind on this front would be Sakura (who barely even does anything, but gets tons of dialing up of her negative traits *same for Kirino though she was pivotal while having her positives minimized by the studio*). The warping of one's understanding of his character is natural with non-canon sources, but the difference can be vast (like Funi Goku versus AT's intent).

Because situations always went bad to worse because of him.

I still love vegeta. I just don't watch anymore dragonball

>because of him
they all have blood on their hands for stupidity

Because Majin Piccolo against Gohan would've been a better fight than this stupid shit.

>Majin Piccolo

I know it's fake, I'm saying it would've been better.

yeah maybe. majin could be fudged to make a huge difference for him so he could fight an amateur like gohan

> best DB character.
wrong this is

It also has more at stake and would have more drama with the mentor/student role playing into the part and Gohan feeling betrayed by Piccolo, whereas Majin Vegeta vs Goku felt like it was just done cause everyone loved the first fight. The only thing that works against Majin Piccolo was him fusing with Kami, so I guess he's "pure" at this point, but still would've been neat. Maybe if it reawakens his need to avenge his father/past self or whatever.

With Goku ducking Vegeta (not willing to keep his promise to Krillin about winning the rematch *managing to lose instead*), I have to agree with you. This fight was pointless.