Death Note

What is the appeal of this show, and why is it highly rated?

When it first came out, I didn't understand what the hype was about. It was good, but not great.

Legit responses please, just curious to know.

It's a shitty shounen.

>It was good, but not great.
Considering the majority think otherwise, you're the one in the wrong here.
/thread

>shitty
>shounen

Pick two.

What kind of answer is that?

>Bandwagon fallacy
The majority like the Big Bang theory their taste must be better than our right?

Because it's a show for teens that deals with more mature subjects in a simple manner. It's pretty much the Fight Club of anime.

>asking that kind of question about a show that came out 10 years ago
>in 2017

>try to mask your newfaggotry by trying to imply you watched it when it came out yet you lacked the brain capacity to understand why people liked it
>again, asking this kind of question 10 years after you supposedly watched the damn thing

>asking about a show that came out 10 years ago
>In 2017
Gee user thanks, I wondered what year is this

The truth in fact form.

>Mentioning [popular show unrelated to the subject at hand] as a poor attempt to discredit others' tastes
You seem extremely insecure. If you don't like DN, good for you. Nobody cares. Don't try to masquerade as some sort of meaningful discussion when it's nothing more than another "waah why others like X show that much?? fucking normies" thread, which has been done a million times already.

>can't give a response
>hurr durr newfag

But I agree. OP was probably 10 years old at the time, I would recommend he watch it again. It's as said, it covers multiple themes and topics (morality and ethics being a major one for the shonen community at the time).

Plus Hirano OST.

>You seem extremely insecure.

Projection at its finest. Do expand Sup Forumsnon, what did you enjoy about DN since you clearly enjoy it?

I guess you're right I'm pretty insecure. Oh wait a minute that's just your projection. Also, I actually like Death note

It's objectively the most popular anime, followed by AoT and FMA. I suggest you watch it before hating it.

fucking samefag bumping the thread every few minutes.

It doesn't make sense for someone to watch something and then finally decide to ask other people why it was popular 10 years later.

It would imply you're a special needs individual

I enjoyed how intense and dramatic it was. Its overblown presentation also lent itself very well to memes.

The only anime that a non-virgin could watch and enjoy.

If you read enough manga, you'll realize Death Note is a relatively rare breed.

I think the closest you get is death game manga or gambling manga.

>Get book of infinite power
>Have a bitch fit and fuck yourself because someone with equal autism challenges you too a manchild contest
>Kill a bunch of people + criminals to flaunt your weaponized autism
Light is a SI for pseudo intellectuals that think they're better than everyone else.
If light hadn't gotten into a pissing contest and oh I dunno, killed people outside of nipland, he wouldn't have been caught?
Another perfectly good plot ruined by "good always wins" and turning it into "only here for the ryuk"

Its actually really good, just the ending was shitty

Not him but I watched it once when I was young and once again recently. I get the themes but the shitty plot clashes with it.
The best Kira's were bimbo girl and the religionator.

And it'll be done a million more

>Second time watching
>Stopped at ep 25 before stinger ending
Only way for it to be good

Death note is a comedy but not everyone get this

>Insert Rick and Morty copypasta modified for death note

To be honest, you need a high IQ to understand Death Note.

Early Death Note was great because it did not fuck around.

By episode 2 the Light x L conflict was already set. By episode they were already planing on how to corner one another. By episode 7 Light almost had to kill someone with his bare hands. By episode 9 Light and L were face to face. By episode 15 Misa already had L's name.

Then muh memory loss happened and it all lost steam. L's death didn't ruin Death Note, the Yotsuba arc did.

Just got to the memory loss, don’t know if i should finish this shit.

skip the yotsuba episodes, i think theres 4 of them and then watch when his memory comes back its like another heroin dose.

The intricate and almost relentless cat and mouse game, the interesting premise and the moral questions that arise from it, and the stellar soundtrack. Too bad it jumped the shark when L died. Kira is justice by the way and if you think otherwise you can go fuck yourself.

Shoot alright