What's so special about woodstyle?

Its literally just wood. Why is it considered powerful in the Naruto World?

Because it wasn't introduced into the story until later on so that must mean its powerful

It has to do with life

imagine a fucking piece of wood palm strike the size of mount fucking everest going at you 100 times at full speed, thats pretty fucking strong mate

Madara can just burn it away with amaterasu

>Splinters
>from hundreds of arms
>Getting hit with log-tier punches

What the fuck do you think?

the only element related to life

>get struck by a fucking piece of wood palm strike the size of mount fucking everest going at you 100 times at full speed covered by an unextinguishable divine fire
Sounds much better!

Imagine the actual mount everest coming at you at the same speed. Clearly much stronger.

>act like madara and the first are equal> >madara still loses with nine tails boost

It's chakra infused wood :^)

its trash look at yamato. Its just related to Hashirama who was op af.
If any other style could make giant buddhas that can beat down susanoo/kyuubi it would be considered powerful too

Because the first hokage was introduced with wood powers back when he was just extra fodder for Hiruzen to fight against.

Then the story went into the "Naruto and Sasuke are the most important people in history" direction and they are parallels of overpowered ninja gods from the previous generation repeating the same story.

So Hashirama and his wood got turned into the most powerful things in existence.

Because Chakra originated from a tree.
It's also the reason why it can control bijuus to a certain extend, because bijuus are part of the ten tail which is a tree.

Huh...
Well you've got me convinced.

It shouldn't because I pulled it out of my ass, but that is how I rationalized it.

Tobirama was better and knew how to put the sub-human Uchiha Clan in their place.

Isn't wood style a big deal since it comes from two different elements?

Water beats fire but if water is up against a combined two element attack then it has a hard time right?

Its a big deal because its imbued with life energy or some shit and also since Hashirama is the last bloodline limit user of it from one of Kaguya's grand-children, that lets them tame and control the power of Bijuus. The bigger issue is that Kishimoto shits on this by telling us that Hashirama was a Senjutsu user and had Sage Mode.

wood is hard bro.

I thought it was a special otsutsuki clan ability just like the Sharingan and Rinnegan.

You (and everyone else in this thread for that matter) are forgetting that Wood Release doesn't need a material component, both Yamato and Hashirama could summon nigh infinite amounts of wood out of nowhere. Earth Release still requires the user to use the earth from their environment. Maybe this was retconned during the great ninja war arc.

You can always count on Kishimoto to shit on his own creation.

>I forgot to give Himawari a byakugan

>tfw I actually really like Naruto but was never into it growing up
>still remember the weird kids wearing the Akatsuki coats and forehead protectors to school

Yet under his rule the Uchiha came to be known as the strongest and greatest clan of the village

They were literally only allowed to be the equivalent to police and completely turned into pariahs with the rest of the village barely tolerating them while the ANBU was set up by Tobirama, Hiruzen, and Danzou to monitor and watch them at all times.

Forehead protector things never happened more than once or twice for me in high school with seeing unironic weebs do it. And to add context, I am 28 years old. I'm sure at conventions and anime cons it'd was pretty autistically huge considering that whole 2002-2008 period was like Naruto's golden age in Japan and the West.

I'm mid 20's. I was never into anime growing up (except DBZ as a little kid) because my mother refused to have more than 3 channels of TV. I dind't understand what the forehead protectors were for a while. I asked some of the kids and they just sperged out or giggled and were embarrassed.

Madara does not have amaterasu only sauce and itachi have that.

>completely turned into pariahs with the rest of the village barely tolerating them
When will Uchiha apologists stop with these lies?
Literally no one could stop sucking Sasuke's dick for being an Uchiha, people literally went to the chunin exams finals to watch the cool genius Uchiha kid fight.
The Uchiha supervision onky started after the Kyubi got free which incidentally also had giant sharingan for eyes, konoha was completely justified to keep them under surveilance since as far as anybody ever knew the only Uchihas that existes lived inside the village.

If Minato activated sage mode against Obito and managed to kill him and Orochimaru had just decided to kill the rain village orphan the entire akatsuki/madara/eye of the moon would not have happened right? The only other major player is black zetsu/kaguya's will....

why did Minato seal half of the nine tails within him? when not seal of it inside of himself or in naruto then live? kushina might have had no chance but he seemed to just throw his life away. why choose to rot in the death god's stomach?

Black Zetsu just would have waited for Sasuke to chimp out or one of his next incarnations to chimp out.

>termite and wet climate justsu

so if zetsu was out of the picture then maybe no huge world plan. I hate how so many characters are boring copies or reincarnations of each other.

Once you use the death god jutsu you will regardless where you seal what and the kyubi was too much for half uzumaki baby Nardo to handle, kushina becane the jinchuriki when she was like 10 or something.

If Zetsu wasn't around the Uchihas never would have gotten tricked by that rock heirloom of theirs.

In Part 1, besides 3rd Hokage, Danzo, Jiraiya and Tsunade who could even be hokage? Is the only other character that's comparable Kakashi?

Also what were they even thinking when they set up the genin teams? Kakashi barely taught Naruto or Sakura anything. It's mentioned Sakura is a natural at chakra control and then they paired her with Kakashi. Would have made sense to put her in Kurenai's team.

god hashirama was way too good for naruto

who are considered the good boruto characters?

Plants produce the toughest biological material on earth.

>what is spider silk
>what is carbon fibre/filament

>embarrassed
Then why wear them in the first place? Never understood that.

yea but you see you're forgetting that they need the love triangle for plot reasons

I actually like the plot of Part 1 but it was more fun watching the teams develop and then all that progress gets permanently shunted off during the Sand/Sound chunin invasion. I would've enjoyed the show more if the the insane power creep and world domination thing wasn't the way things went.

All the teams were made for a specific reason.
Inoshikacho because of tradition, Kurenais team specislized in tracking, Gai's team specializes in assault and team 7 is like balanced or something I dunno.

>material component
>running out of earth
If this happens some guy throwing sticks at you is the least of your problems

>fucking ENORMOUS tree trunk coming at you at 5000 mph
>that was just one of the 500 hands

It's probably unburnable, hard as a rock, chakra infused, and bijuu taming

the only correct answer

I don't understand either. Once I asked, "It that a bird?" Besides I didn't know it was a leaf, it kinda looks like a bird with a beak from the side and the student got really offended lmao.

Kinda silly because the show becomes really homoerotic fast and Sakura/Naruto just never go anywhere. He didn't even seem to like her that much. Ramen = tasty, pretty girl = fun. Unlike Obito who started WW4 over his childhood crush...

user our first weapjns were wooden because plants produce tough material thus you can control them you are killing machine.

Plants dont have that annoying spills out shit if injured trait like animals meaning they make better weapons. In addition theres an idea that plants are weak, try to punch a flower plant stem off with cutting it, its almost impossible. Trees are an obvious broken bone if you try to hit them.

Plants are just great user.

It doesn't though, senjutsu was a thing even before the god tree, besides the god tree is literally an alien life form that feeds on living beings.

Something something double release
Something something life related

But why give genjutsu expert a tracker team? Kakashi with his tracker hound summons make way more sense. Team 7 was a real wreck.

gai is pretty strong and competent

without having to go full suicide mode he is strong enough to beat someone like kisame - although kisame just happened to go all in with an attack that was hard countered etc

and if gai ever had to go all in then hes strong enough to beat just about any threat that could possibly be posed with 8 gates

Loved it when Kakashi was talking to Sasuke and said all his loved ones and precious people were already dead. Yeah, screw my sensei's child and Guy, they don't mean shit to me!

Kakashi literally has like a thousand jutsus if he ever wanted bother himself teaching Sakura he should atleast know a few dozen genjutsus.

He was a shit sensei.

I don't know if the tsunade dream episode is a good/canon way to explain t7, but I think in one of the episodes that arc Hiruzen tells kakashi that he needed someone with eye hacks to be with Narto because eye hacks can control it or something, and I think they just threw sakura in for the sake of having both the dudes try to get their dick inside her no joke

Related to the holy tree that bore the chakra fruit. He's the only one able to use it in all of creation.
Still kind of pissed that naruto jr. is just some random sasuke lite faggot rather then a care free lazy asshole with wood jitsu powers.

Sakura would not have been so infuriating and useless if she actually learned something besides becoming Tsunade 2.0. She learned tree climbing then was told to sit on her ass and be cannon fodder/dick bait. They should have had Yamato watch Naruto or really anyone with those nine tails suppression paper they slapped onto his forehead.

being a police is an honorable job.

Genjutsu became useless unless you were a bastard child of the uchiha

One of the greatest fuck ups in Naruto was genjutsu stopped being a thing and sakura just became a punchy kicky idiot.

No shit. He fucking stunk.
Now that you mention it, Jiraiya was a shit sensei too. Great grandpa and mentor but he sucked shit as a sensei.
Iruka and killer bee were better teachers.

wood > particle style

Literally it is shown the Uchiha were regulated to being the "military police" by Tobirama and the other leaders of the village, not allowed to participate in large scale missions, and constantly kept under survelliance by the Root and ANBU and other forces in Konohagakure. Fucking even Itachi and his own dad spell it out with the other Uchiha Clan leaders that they were progressively being secluded, isolated, and politically weakened intentionally by the rest of the village.

After the Uchiha massacre the village would have been hurting for genjutsu users and that's exactly how Sakura could have become an interesting character. It's arguably the most mysterious and interesting power in the nart universe and it's barely touched on.

I just hear a lot of fans sing Kakashit's praises when he was a really rude sensei who wasted his charges' time and only helped one genin out of his team. Jiraiya and Kakashi sucked horribly at getting Naruto to progress. Even Asuma was more directly helpful.

Have you ever been hit with a wooden bat my dude

The worst part was that Tailed Beasts are supposed to be set free when the host dies, so why didn't that happen to the 50% Minato had? How was Minato able to transfer the 50% back to Naruto from beyond the grave? If the tailed beasts don't get set free when the host dies, then everyone's plan should have instantly been to seal the beasts inside weak criminals, and then kill the hosts, thereby trapping the beasts in the afterlife or whatever.

SHUT UP UCHIHA WILL RISE AGAIN

U can't just come into a Naruto thread with a jojo gif and leave with your bad opinion

Particle style looked awesome

And Kakashi.

I've never read the manga so yeah. But wasn't that Naruto got 50% then Minato (as the brand new Jinchuriki) got 50% then Minato along with his 50% got sealed away forever inside the death god? So that half is dead and/or sealed? Sealing works differently from death so maybe that's the mechanism?

off by one, the eternal Uchiha threat has been kekked

You have no clue what you're talking about.
Hokages have been integral characters to the plot since the very first episode.

Why can Hashirama use sage mode again? Did he visit the frogs at some unknown time?

Nigga, are you blind? That's a fucking mythological beast sized Buddha statue with 1000 arms. How is that now the most power thing you have ever seen?

Have you ever been hit in the face with wood? It's not pleasant.

froggies, sneks, or trees were his options

so i assume it was froggies or trees

I think somehow Hashirama was able to enter sage mode without the froggies or snakes. He was just... that... good.

>summon wood and nature
>gets uchiha fireball jutsu'd
>kite the numale nature hippie jutsu user as their technique is now ablaze and emitting constant smoke suffocating them

But Hashirama won user.

If you think wood style is powerful wait till you see my log

who is the biggest badass in this franchise anyway, and why is it lord Second?

Through the power of plot. Madara should be a hard counter to Hashi with his OP Katon.

Probably invented his own senjutsu.
Frog senjutsu is just the frogs senjutsu.. there are other types of senjutsu like juugo's clan rage and curse seal body transformation are senjutsu too, kabuto's snake senjutsu..
He left a scroll with all the wood jutsus to pass down to future generations and the only one that could use it to some extent is Yamato which has literally Hashirama's body cell implanted.
Apparently Wood release is Water + Earth so it seems really weird that only Hashirama could use it.
Hashirama was a genius and Madara the dud, in contrast to Sasuke and Naruto relationship.
Hashirama could usee all 5 main natures too.

His character design is really cool.

>First Hokage: Wood style, sage mode
>Second Hokage: Water style, fastest shinobi every (I think), time-space jutsu
>Third Hokage: Fire style, Earth style, monkey summons, all around knowledgeable
>Fourth Hokage: Rasengan, good at sealing, refined 2nd's speedy jutsu, achieved sage mode

Madara never using mecha path was dumb

Almost every answer here is: RETCON

Can you blame the authorities on that when the Uchiha are, canonically, prone to being mentally unstable?

Agreed

It's always been my nerdy fan theory that he was jealous of his brothers wood abilities and created the shadow clone jutsu to find a work around for Kekkei genkai's.

Build up separate elemental chakra evenly in each clone, and then combine them using a joint jutsu, or dispel the clones returning the energy to the user for use.

>fireball jutsu
>accomplishing anything

Why? Mecha path was pretty useless for Madara who had Susanoo and shit

It's not that strong. Just look at Yamato. But it's user is so strong, the technique became legendary.

It's closer to the guy using it. Hashirama was top tier in his era & even now. Yamato using Wood is nowhere Hashirama's level.

Why didn't they simply fuck the Uchiha? Obito wanted Rin's pussy. Madara has Hashirama's face on his chest because he badly desired Hashirama's wood. If they fucked the Uchiha, all they would lose is their virginity.

in fairness, Jiraiya at least taught Naruto something

Kakashi threw Naruto to some random guy in a hotspring

why is Kakashit so shit?
>I'm overcome by PTSD primarily by my childhood genin team going to shit all dying
>I know, I'll constantly disrespect my adult genin team by being chronically late by several hours each training day so that we waste valuable training time. That way my new team is terribly underprepared so that they have a much higher chance of dying thus completely the loop

But Obito was the coolest guy

I got a nigh infinite amount of wood for ya

Yet there was no clue whatsoever of Hashirama being the most powerful ninja that ever existed until mid part 2.

because it means they can retcon buddhist imagery and make a bunch of hands which is cool n shit
Why else?