How come this anime appears in so many recommendation lists and charts throughout the years of Sup Forums...

How come this anime appears in so many recommendation lists and charts throughout the years of Sup Forums, but recently most mentions of it are paired with "overrated" or outright "bad"

cuz is good but not that good.
Kinda like 7 YEARS HAND DRAWN

I thought Redline was pretty fantastic honestly

because it´s boring as fuck. if I wanted to watch a top tier cyberpunk anime, I would definitly choose the Ghost in the shell movie

It's good but without sounding edgy you've got to have a decent brain and enjoy shows with some depth and unique ways of Storytelling.

Ignore shit like this, Ghost in the Shell is great but nothing like Ergo Proxy.

>Kinda like 7 YEARS HAND DRAWN
I'll have to kill you for that, youngling.
Sup Forums was in a daze when it finally aired.

Because it's a show that people like to seem smart. It's bad because it's boring and meaningless.

Sup Forums loved it when it first came out.
But as usual shits on stuff after a while. If note cute girls in outfits it's trash.

Anyway anyone know why their were crowd in the OP. That always bothered me.

Maybe it's only meaningless to you? Perhaps there are people out there that do find meaning in it? After all, it's a show about spirituality and mysticism.

but pino was cute

There has always been a part of Sup Forums that didn't seem to like it. That part has just been growing in numbers, and becoming more vocal as the site's demographics had changed within the last two years.
Yeah, it may be a tad boring at first, but toughen it out and watch it all, and you'll see something wonderful.

The same naruto demographic who can't enjoy a good lain surely.

it's overly pretentious bullshit, but it isn't bad
probably the most perfectly mediocre anime I've ever seen

because the show is super slow for half the series

So it turns out the OP has within it in the small text (the big writing is in Spanish I believe but can't translate it) a history of humankind and the melting of the polar ice caps as well as the development and destruction of Domes throughout the years, likely from the perspective of Historians amongst the cloned humans .

I love it but it's ugly as fuck to look at.

It feels like Kara no Kyoukai's first movie

...way too pretentious and not interesting to look at. Like, Sword Art Online would be more entertaining than this.

This actually triggered me and I'm not even slightly autistic. I generally pity your taste if you think SAO is anywhere the quality of Proxy.

How old are you? Probably under 20.

Just watched it a few weeks ago. IT was pretty good, I like the ending where the humans come back but there are still people living there (a proxy too) so it will be a big shock for them.

Problem with it was there were way too many episodes that just didn't need to happen. I think it would be better with maybe 15 episodes tops instead of the 22 or so it had.

real is fucking hot but a giant bitch most of the time. pino is so cute!

Because digibro said so, then everyone started saying the same thing

You asked at the wrong time OP.
There was a great thread a couple of days ago that hit close to bump limit but it started around Asia / EU time. You'll get a much different outlook and better conversations at that time. Even the Aussies chime in when with decent conversations when it's Cyberpunk esque stuff.

Can someone post pics of Pino thankyou

>kara no kyoukai
>pretensious

because if you can't understand something you say it's pretensious

if you haven't noticed the normal cycle of a show in here is liked>despised>liked again and repeat, but the problem with EP is that you need to pay attention and the pace is kinda slow, so underage kids with ADHD usually don't understand it because details get over their heads quite easily, and just proceed to call it pretentious or overrated

How bout you watch it and formulate your own opinion before asking dumb questions, you cunt

quality
profound and weird
inconsistent but unique

always recommend something offbeat, no one ever really suggest old shounen, because if your here, you've already shounen'd it all. (though often they haven't and would enjoy old shounen alot)

it's a weird defense system as in this is a non-traditional anime, because all a-tards would have already done a through sweep of their usual pandering and baits

big ones for me to reccommend are usually level E and kekkashi

People expected it to be a hardcore cyberpunk like GitS or Armitage III but it turned into a journey of self-discovery heavy on character development with a subtle plot. Gameshow ep wasn't subtle, but it was a clever way to give exposition and backstory.
I compare EP to Evangelion a lot in that it's got a bunch of crazy shit happening in the background but ultimately its about, like, characters' mental breakdowns and learning to love themselves.

I like it. It reminds me of Nihei.

It has the quality of being like a Masaaki Yuasa anime, i.e. pretentious

Ergo Proxy is not cyberpunk.

He said that in a video that no one watched though

Busy doing nothing was a great episode thought. Ergo proxy has it's ups and downs but over all it's a pretty solid show.

>Kara no Kyoukai
>Sword art Online
Ergo Proxy is absolutely NOTHING like these.

I't s probably one of the few titles to which that term is aptly applied. Chuunibyou stuff is pretentious pretty much by definition, and Nasu is the king of chuunibyou trash.

Who?

>decent brain

you need a decent brain for logh, or perfect blue, not that crap

you must be blind

As always, Americans have the worst tastes.

You must be retarded.