Untranslated Story Time - Witch Hat Atelier / Tongari Boushi no Atelier

Volume 1 DDL: www41.zippyshare.com/v/3wUFUorX/file.html
Volume 2 (mostly raw) DDL (raw): mega.nz/#!QUsXlJKS!L3fcfsAl91MYLE5lAgJUtFAGfnGG151wOwhP-gKpXJk

Alright, let's catch up to the latest chapter! This is Witch Hat Atelier / Tongari Boushi no Atelier, a story about witches and strange magic.

Last time Agete had a touch of character development and Coco accidentally a whole valley. Now they're in the grasp of the robot wizard cops.

The special edition of volume 2 I bought came in today! I'll post art from it after posting chapters 12-15, but I can't scan it. Maybe I'll take pictures, I dunno. I'll also post art from the author's twitter.

Pic related, it's the artbook cover.

Chapter 12

If you know Japanese I'd love your help, cause things get a bit confusing here.

Agete's like what the fuck, why aren't you listening to what we JUST said

save

Riche doesn't like adults who don't treat kids with any respect, like they're being treated like total shit and she hates it

Thank you, thank you!

>For the sake of Coco's thanks
>Tetia can do anything!

hnng

This guy's name is イースヒース. Uh. Another fucking weird one. Pronounced Iisuhiisu.

...Eethheath? Eesheeth?

>I see. They're your apprentices.

>They're students who take after their teacher in arrogance.

Whoa, according to the machine I use to help me read, Qifrey basically tells this guy to fuck off with his honor student bullshit. As in its first recommendation for translation is literally "fuck off!"

I think the gist here is Qifrey is saying his students couldn't have done this and weren't allowed to, and the cop says as always Qifrey thinks it's dem brimhats

Ollugio says shut the fuck up and help these people. That's what magic is supposed to be used for

Coco apologizing, lady telling her she and Agete saved Custom so there's no reason to apologize.

Ollugia criticizes the cops, who are doing nothing like the bunch of braindead dudes and chicks they are.

Not absolutely sure about this, but dead-eyes here wants to bring Quistus to the witch city Karoon so he can heal, but his Pops doesn't want him taken away. Asks if there's some kind magic that can be used here, which the robot flatly denies.

alright, let's try to solve this mystery

well that explained nothing

The seal produced perfectly ordinary magic, of course.

Guy wants to see her hands for any sign of a spell being placed ON her body by a Brimhat (remember, that's super illegal). Something to make her magic more powerful.

Coco's hands are dirty with ink despite using a fresh pen.

Weird, but nothing to take her in over. For now, a report to the lecture hall and the launch of an investigation.

standard warning

time to scold Agete and Coco for using magic

Qifrey will allow Agete to take the next examination.

Bump!

Talking about how Coco's that rumored kid. Uh, "Iis" says rumors are rumors unless they have proof.

He's being quite poetic here.

The river's flow has been irrevocably changed from this one incident. In a whole context sense, Coco is the first fallen rock to effect the tide.

Now that's odd. Since that time with the dragon, Coco's magic ink hasn't diminished at all.

Ink, huh.

Coco speculates the bottle must have some magic on it that makes it neverending. Qifrey thinks differently.

hello

This guy says the world is painted in lies, for the sake of drawing beautiful magic his hands have been dirtied with poison this much.

And ominously he notes the lies will be discovered eventually, how long can you keep them up?

That's the chapter. So, pretty obvious, the gift brimhat gave Coco was simple: an actual gift -- ink. It's some kind of special ink he apparently produces with his own blood. I guess it fucks with magic in odd ways.

So indeed it's no plot device, it's a present that's quite shitty.

Chapter 13

Qifrey realizes that this must be brimhat ink and, because he's a piece of shit, decides to draw magic with it despite the old man's protests. I'm sure it will go well.

Commenting on how Coco is a weirdo for being fascinated with shit despite being a witch. Or something like that; he's bitching. Coco mentions that he could learn magic by observation

he's got nothin to say to that

Thanks, Qif.

So throughout this whole chapter Coco's been pointing out weird colored shit in vials and asking about them. Now that it's all over the place she wants to know where to put what. Tartar doesn't know -- apparently he can't tell colors apart and was only answering previously through memory. I'm not sure this is simply color blindness though.

Tartar gives the classic "people can and can't do certain things" line and mentions that because he has Silver Eye Disease, he can't become a witch no matter how much he studies.

>This bottle is connected to "them"...

>At last... At last I've seized it...!

Qifrey flips the fuck out at the suggestion of bringing this up to anyone. He is insistent that no one else should know about it.

Nornoa asks what he's planning with that ink.

Qifrey simply apologizes.

>I wonder who's behind this

Qifrey lies and says the bottle was an accident and was actually really expensive so he got her something else.

So...it seems to be a disease that causes you to see things as if they're coated in silver. Sounds fucked up.

Eyesight is crucial for magicians, so naturally something that fucks up your eyes that bad makes trying to learn magic futile.

Qifrey reassures Coco telling her that he'll protect his students and let nothing happen. There's nothing to worry about.

I don't really get it but apparently he's saying something like "Is there no light?"

and that's the chapter

Chapter 14

stuff

Tetia's cute

>Tetia-sensei!
gushing, she loves it, and asks that he say this more

The dark queen descends and criticizes her peers, saying if they have free time they should use it for practice

and they're like PRACTICE? SHOW US

but she insists she busy -- too late

Time for worldbuilding, mainly about ranking up in the world of witches

Coco thinks about the book tower she'll eventually have to go to.

Tetia think about how when she graduates she wants to go around the world

The author has a twitter

>People who say thank you and
>people who are told thank you

>Two kinds of happiness with one magic!
>That's the best kind of happy, right?
happy is said in English there

>Two birds with one stone, one stone for two birds! "Joy is always a pair of twintails"!

my god

Now Riche, Riche finds the idea of examinations detestable. It's a pain. She prefers to just use the magic she likes.

Agete notes, if you only use the magic you like, your range of useful magic will never increase.

It doesn't need to increase.

Adults have to do shit they don't wanna do.

Riche's fine the way she is now.

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home.

>My current self absolutely won't cut it.
>There are too many things I'm unable to do.

>I want to hurry and go through all the examinations.
>And then, someday--...
>I'll become a librarian of the tower of books.

Agete wishes to be an adult ASAP.

Tetia mentions how she comes from a notable family who always enter the librarian service. After all, it's the Arcrum house.

Coco thinks about how much she wants to make out with Agete Agete is working toward the same goal as her.

>And Coco?
>What sort of witch does Coco want to be?

Coco had a weird start and doesn't know what'll happen but first thing's first she wants to learn more useful magic.

And Qifrey says something weird. I don't quite understand him. He's praising Coco's memory and such, and says that basically...

that will absolutely never betray her

I think

In her nightmares, Agete basically repeats what she said when they first met.

lots of "everything is your fault"

The panel shattering is cool.

Interestingly the final "your fault" is "the world

oops

Poor Coco.

"the world breaking is your fault"

Coco is very, very determined.

>I've waited for this
>all along

>for this day to come

end of chapter

Chapter 15

This is the latest one. god, I'm fucking hungry though.

LET'S JUST DO THIS

Thank you

Coco is loco.
And Quifre lacks an eye.

oh yeah this reminded me
I think Agete's family is part of "three wise men" or something to that effect.

but fuck me my brain is melting and I can't break all this down

Agete is cute.

I don't completely understand but this bottle seems to have something to do with that flashback.

At any rate, Qifrey wishes to disassemble the thing (although it's in his words, "beautiful magic") and create a road to "those guys" (brimhats). He's hoping they won't find out

yes