/ss/ - Deadline Day

Hi everyone! The deadline is today, and it will be until the thread dies (or midnight PST if the thread dies first)! Be sure to have everything accurate and correct on your wishlists and addresses! We will be sending out matches within 1 week. It is highly recommended you finish everything by the end of November and ship at that time to ensure - 1. Cheaper shipping 2. Timely gifting! If your e-mail has not yet been checked (unless it's REALLY old) we'll be taking a look!

Reminder that you need to have participated with us before to do the 100+ bracket!

Have fun!
Next two posts are application to join and a short FAQ!
E-mail - [email protected]

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/animelist/tehlonelybeater
a.doko.moe/ipmqhw.mkv
a.doko.moe/lmteea.zip
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Simply fill out the below form **(COPY/PASTE)** and send to * [email protected] *
The more specific you are, the better.

Name:
FULL Address (Please look up how to correctly do this or your gift will get lost):
Wishlist (Don’t be afraid to post links like MAL, or say you like a character or series. You can be as specific or as vague as you want here, this is ultimately to help the other Sup Forumsnon in selecting a gift for you. Please don't just put "Surprise me."):

Card Wishlist (This is what will be sent to everyone who gets assigned to send a card to you. Try to keep it relatively short; A favorite character or waifu/husbando, a couple of your favorite shows, etc.):

Ship Internationally/Nationally/Continentally? (I/N/C):
If we cannot do National/Continental Shipping, will you do International?:
Price Range (Select one, Delete others):
- $0/Cards
- $10-25
- $25-50
- $50-75
- $75-100
- $100-150
- $150+
Number of cards you want to send (Up to 5):
Ship cards Internationally/Nationally/Continentally? (I/N/C):

[Grinched]Will you send a gift to someone who doesn't receive one?:
What price bracket will you do it at?:

If you have specific instructions/needs/inquiries or general questions, please specify here:

=====END COPY/PASTE=====
[TO SEND MULTIPLE GIFTS PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT, IF SENDING ONE, DO NOT USE]
Example - "I want to send 3 gifts and cards. Two of them in $25-50. One in $50-75."
You would format it like this:

Price Range (Select one, Delete others):
- $0/Cards
- $25-50 - 2
- $50-75 - 1
Number of cards you want to send: 4

If you want multiple wishlists per price range, simply send a new e-mail with
ALL OF THE SAME INFORMATION, but a different price range selected, and a different wishlist.

And last but not least a short FAQ as always!
FAQ:
>Q: What is Secret S/a/nta?
A chance to give and receive gifts from other Sup Forumsnons locally, nationally, or even globally with a bit of X-mas spirit!
>Q: Who is hosting this event?
Your friendly hosts are SantaLoli and 2 new members (to be announced). SantaLoli ran it last year with santafaggot who retired!
>Q: How do I join?
You'll need to fill out the form as specific as possible when it's posted, sending it as an e-mail to us!
>Q: Deadline to join?
OCTOBER 28TH 12:00 AM PACIFIC STANDARD TIME!!! Why? Because we need to match which takes to at maximum 1 week, and then every user needs to buy gifts, make cards and whatever else in order to ensure everything arrives on time!
>Q: Why should I trust this?
It's up to you! In the past we have had multiple successful Secret S/a/nta events hosted by us the past few years.
The average on people not receiving gifts is very very low. We even have the grinch protection program which lets
people send gifts to those who didn't receive anything at all, even after X-mas!
>Q: Can I give you guys stuff?
SantaLoli will accept stuff this year! Await a PO Box! Please don't think you owe us anything.
We do this solely because we want to, and for all of you, not for recognition. Thanks.

>I ALREADY JOINED, HOW DO I FIX SOMETHING?
A: If you need to make changes to your wishlist or address, or anything else:
please RE-SEND the application with the changes made as a REPLY to your first e-mail!
This means send the whole application! It's almost the same process as last year!
Let us know too what changes were made.

Posting before anyone whines about not being able to draw.

remember, gift brackets are in USD
fuck off Zimbabwe-user

I'm sorry for always applying last minute SantaLoli! Patiently awaiting a response from my app last night.

>only applied for cards this time
Feels bad being poor again.

but cards are even more personal than gifts, and can brighten the day of any fellow poorfag. This is my 4th year of doing cards only and I dont care about never giving or receiving gifts.

I've been afraid to send my application because I don't know if my wishlist is right

Can I see some example wish lists?

>started writing the application after first thread was posted
>still only mailed it last night, and just now I realized I forgot some things

Oh well, no use crying over that. I'll manage.

I suppose threads are weekend only from now on too?

does a mobage with an anime count for Sup Forums shit? I don't know if it'd be appropriate to put it on the wishlist, this is my first time actually participating

>"Thanks for signing up, please wait while we clear you for the whitelist."
This is the last thing I heard from the santas.

If it has an anime or manga, then technically yes. Though I wouldn't expect much from /vg/ stuff.

"Some of my favorite anime (and characters therein) are, in no particular order, Bible Black (Imari), Boku no Pico (Pico), Sword Art Online (Kirito), Naruto (Sakura) and Eva (Asuka).
My MAL is: myanimelist.net/animelist/tehlonelybeater

I really like figures and dragon dildos. Please don't get the XXL red and blue deluxe model, since I already have it.
I'd prefer not to get any food or posters.
No nendos. Lewd is definately not okay."

I don't get home until 7:30, which is about 5 and a half hours from now. Can I still make it? I just want to sign up for cards.

If you're talking granblue fantasy, that's perfectly okay!
Don't worry, we just cleared (like right now) the whitelist anons, but it's possible we just didn't follow up with an e-mail!
It doesn't have to be too complicated! Just write what you like!
You'll make it with lots of time (5 hours extra) to spare.

Read the OP you illiterate friend.

it's not granblue but it's comparable
thanks for the clarification

I've gotten at least one 2hu, T/M, or Persona mention on my assignments every year. You're probably fine, as long as it's not the only thing on there.

Hey santaloli, is it possible to send 2 different wishlist messages if I sign up for two gifts? If I sign up for a $10-25, I don't really want to give them a wishlist designed for $150+.

It's no rush, I'm sure you'll get everything organized and done with.

I really hope my assignment doesn't have shit taste

does "If we cannot do National/Continental Shipping, will you do International" apply to cards as well?

That's only for gifts. Cards have their own question.

Whew, thank fuck I decided to look through the catalog today. I'd misread the other threads and thought the deadline was twelve noon tomorrow. Time to hurry up and get that in.

Signed up earlier this week. I'm strangely hyped for it. Probably because shopping for people with the same interest sounds infinitely more interesting than my family.

Shopping for anons is strangely more fun than shopping for people you know.

>taking this long to sign up
user...

do we make a separate entry/paragraph for the card section? in the op picture it has two separate blocks for gifts and cards but in the post it just has card as single line for the wishlist

Yeah, the instructions are in the sign-up form!
It was slightly modified, just follow what it says in the thread!

Is it too late to make small edits to the wishlist?

I sent my email around 3am EST. waiting for that conformation. !!!

The less time I have to panic and pull out the better.

Do we have statistics for 2016 yet?

Who /toronto/ here?

Only applying for cards this time too. Although I'm a little lost on when to send them out since I want to send them internationally and I've only sent gifts within the US before with 2 day shipping just in case. I guess sending them before december would be best?

It really depends on the shipping method you use. Even in non-holiday seasons sending a letter can take a while overseas.

2 weeks should be more than enough time for cards to arrive. Even in december.

now to wait

>because I don't know if my wishlist is right
You could tell us the general format it is in if you want some feedback? A wishlist cant really be wrong anyway, I just always try and mix some of my niche favorites in with more popular stuff I like with more mainstream stuff so my user will definitely have something he can work with

If we submit today when can we expect conformation?

Yes. Thanks for posting this. This should be in BOLD.

Canadehs and Kangaroos the other most prominent participants under Burgers. Their exchange rates mean there is a substantial difference in what the thresholds mean in CAD and AUD after conversion.

ALSO SHIPPING IS NOT PART OF THE GIFT VALUE
Don't be a fag on that.

>We will be sending out matches within 1 week

I don't see why that matters, since they will be sending to others within their country.

>wanted to add some shows to my wishlist that I should have watched last season for arbitrary taste points
>never get around to it

...Because shipping nationally still costs money? Not all postal services have very reasonable rates you know. Take a look at Canada Post.

I mean the "gift brackets are in usd".

Oh man I haven't even started.
Should I stick with one gift if it's my first year? I was sort of wanting to do two so I'd be less likely of getting grinched. Is there a higher success rate in the $50-$75 or the $75-$100?

How long is too long for a wishlist? I listed several series I like, but then also specified specific characters from some of them. It's over 20 lines long, but only because it's basically bullet point formatted.

>How long is too long for a wishlist?
I honestly wouldnt mind if I got sent a novella length wishlist. It gives me more options to have fun picking stuff out

>send out 5 cards in 2014
>receive 1 back
You guys suck

I hear 75-100 has the highest grinching rate. So I'd say either 25-50 or 50-75.

>had a wesk long holiday just now, perfect time to shop around
>ends today

At least I got some arts and crafts shit for cards, but still.

Man I am so excited for my first secret santa, I hope everything goes well.

Screenshot this post for when you get grinched so you can think of happier times.

I'm not poor but I'm bad at getting good stuff from Japan, I use ebay a lot and it's pretty limiting, trying to order through proxy never works for me.

SOON

till the end of the thread fucker, read the op

There's a guide in buyfag thread. Read it.

>I use ebay a lot
Stop.
>trying to order through proxy never works for me
So don't. You don't need a proxy to order from places like mandarake or Amiami.

check the buyfag thread, they have links to the proper sites to buy shit from. avoid ebay.

Since you'd have to ask in the buyfag thread anyway, here's the guide
buyfags.moe

Please don't use ebay for your gifts. No one wants to be gifted bootlegs.

it's to complicated, good proxy's change throughout the years, a lot of the sites are in Japanese, it's hard to navigate, and not knowing what your doing and buying multiple things from multiple stores makes what your spending for a low tier gift sky rocket.

I guess I can at least try though.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Definitely sure that it's NOT the case that all people are guaranteed to get matched with someone in their country. Especially for people in countries with low participation. Pretty sure I saw some Canadehs who claimed to have sent shit overseas too. The whole point is you have to have a standardized benchmark. You don't want people using all their different currencies and buying wildly different gift values within a range.

There's plenty of sites that don't require proxy

>good proxy's change throughout the years
You dont need a fucking proxy

I've never gifteed a bootleg, I avoid ebay for figs, just that two years ago a lot of the stuff I got my giftee he already had, like a Kanon mug that I got off ebay.

You were just told two sites that are fully in English and easy to use.

read the thread. amiami, mandarake, hlj, etc. require little to no japanese or proxy.

I wrote down on my application the list of countries I'd like to ship to, since shipping even inside of Europe varies a lot.

But part of the fun is including stuff from your country that your giftee can't get normally, and that's why I'd never want to keep it inside of my country, even if it would save me arm and leg in shipping

>But part of the fun is including stuff from your country that your giftee can't get normally
Like what? Regional sweets or whatever?

It's a deadline day, everything's okay
Put your cares away, it's a deadline day
It's a deadline day, we can love today
And I hope you stay, it's a deadline day
It's a deadline day, it's a perfect day
Time to get away, it's a deadline day
It's a deadline day, everyone can play
Everybody say, it's a deadline daaaay

1 week turnaround yes please. In order to not be a fag I have to ship it to myself to wrap and customize it and all first. Will have to EMS that first part since I just got a SAL packet after 6 fucking weeks and it's not even "Xmas Rush" season yet. Something tells me I'll end up using Xpresspost for the actual delivery part too to account for the longer processing times in December.

I take it you were the person in a previous thread that specifically WANTED to be paired with a foreign user?

>Deadline
Gotta Hurry!

Yes

No

That was me

Is it considered bad taste to instruct them to open their shit ASAP even before Christmas?

Point is I want to confirm it got there without significant damage. Won't be sending things worth peanuts. If the postal service fucks up I'd move to file a claim and send something extra.

hope you guys like gianduiotti

Wrap all your gifts then. Then keep an eye out in the threads and let him know to open the box just to check. Alternatively you can email Santaloli the shipping info and a note to say you can open the box but no unwrapping.

If you send a package that has other stuff in it you can ussually say that's fine to open but the main gift should be wrapped and set aside for Christmas, obviously if the wrapping is damaged they can let you know, if the wrapping is intact the gift is probably fine though and there's no need to open it.

I'm glad these threads were a lot more sparse this year, there's no need to make the first thread in September though, although I guess your not doing it next year so that's more advice for whoever succeeds the operation.

It's never too early to get hyped for Christmas!

Anyone have a wishlist from a previous year they can post? Im having writers block

I just put "I'm fine with pretty much anything but here are some series I like: 1, 2, 3, 4"

Fuck, I should have listed Haifuri in my wishlist.

I like cute girls doing cute things.

Not really. People do it all the time for baked goods.

List series/characters you like. List types of merch you like and ones you don't.

It's really not that hard.

This was the format:

Anime I like
Anime-related non-anime media I like
Other things I like

Link to my MFC
The types of gifts I prefer
Merry Christmas

Another question from someone doing this the first time.

Is it fair game to make them sign for it? Anons don't spill their fucking spaghetti over just a signature right?

Signature not optional for faster, insured methods here. It's as much for the postal service to cover their ass.

Around the holidays plenty of postal services don't bother waiting for people to come to the door for signatures. They're just so swamped and have so many quotas to fill that they just slap a pick up sticker on the door and go to the next place.

>lot of fujoshits acting retarded lately
p-please don't grinch me over them

In the last thread, someone expressed interest in the video of my photoshopping hats, so here it is: a.doko.moe/ipmqhw.mkv
I reencoded it so now it's only 450 MB. Some of the images might be a little lewd. It's mostly free transform and layer masks, but a couple images have redrawing or adjustment layers
If you want the .psd files from the video, they're here: a.doko.moe/lmteea.zip

You have to provide a signature to pick it up too. I've heard of them getting lazing for things like RSAL and just considering it signed and delivered but definitely not for the shipping option I'll be using.

Since someone in the family has a shipping allowance for it and I'm busy, I plan on procrastinating a bit and sending it by next-day priority courier.