Why is it so hard to make 3d anime look 2d? Animators are trying so hard to make 3d look like 2d hand drawn animation...

Why is it so hard to make 3d anime look 2d? Animators are trying so hard to make 3d look like 2d hand drawn animation, but it ends up looking like shit most of the time. Beserk is a good example of this.

Are that any good examples of 3d that look like 2d?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1QAI4B_2Mfc
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Aku no Hana is rotoscoped, but it looks good. Inuyashiki is another example of good CGI.

Berserk and Naruto are bad examples.

>Aku no Hana is rotoscoped, but it looks good
hilarious

Guilty Gear Xrd and Dragon Ball FighterZ

Why can't they just make them look like that I have no idea.

The jojo intros

>Aku no Hana

Maybe if the bodies were rotoscoped only. Rotoscoping everything including the faces was a terrible idea.

Kemono Friends was probably in the top half of its season, for visuals. It wasn't great, but it suggests that they're getting there.

that maid dragon shit was almost all traced off 3d

IGPX: Immortal Grand Prix

>when a show that failed in Japan is the best example of CG done right in anime

Bubuki Buranki and most Sanzigen stuffs are good examples of 3D resembling 2D.

because hand drawn 2d looks nothing like what you capture with a camera. It's a lot more stylized.

You'd need AI to properly computerize 2d animation.

>implying the rotoscoped artstyle didn't fit perfectly
t. pleb

>3d anime
There's your problem. If you're working in 3D, why would you want to stoop down to anime's level? With the fucked up perspectives, wonky animations, retarded lighting, lack of detail and shit, it makes no sense and that's why alot of people have a hard time doing it.
3D with an authentic anime style can be done well sure, but the workflow is so retarded that you might as well just continue with 2D unless you really want your show to stand out visually (or if you're making a videogame).

Trying to make it look like 2D is why it looks like shit.

Because Berserk is a garbage anime and a garbage attempt. Try guilty Gear Xrd or more recently, Dragon Ball FighterZ.

I can't believe I lived to see the time when anime looks like bad videogames and videogames look like good anime.

Because that requires just as much work and passion as making it look good in 2d

That looks damn good.

Because the workflow (especially the animating) is retardedly overcomplicated

A few western things are pretty good at this actually. This comes to mind.

youtu.be/1QAI4B_2Mfc

The Berserk movies looked good, but then agin, they are movies, and the money, talent and time needed would be way too high to make it an anime.

Is not:
youtube.com/watch?v=yhGjCzxJV3E

If they want the anime to look like 2d they should just make it in 2d. There that was easy.

>is not
Did you even watch the video you faggot memester. There's 400-600 bones on each character that need to be animated, and a good chunk of them are being animated on every single keyframe. That's not remotely feasible for a televised anime.

Is not

That has nothing to do with tv anime.

A fighting game reuses the same movements, powers, poses, backgrounds and effects, a TV anime is a weekly that changes all of those in each episode.

Also Storm 4 looks and more dynamic better than that.

I mean, if your vision of Aku no Hana was as an unintentional comedy, I guess you're right