How come there's no Harry Potter anime adaptation?

How come there's no Harry Potter anime adaptation?

I'm not talking about inspired works like LWA, but the franchise itself. It has slice-of-life, magic, adventure, angst, shipping bait, having to shout names of special moves before performing them and it's literally all set in a school. Seems like it would be much more suitable to be adapted as a long-running animated series like HxH than as a sequence of 2.5 hour long live action movies.

The franchise was apparently popular in Japan and Potterfans will shell out their money for anything that has the HP logo on it. So why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tFHZUrhgFR0
encyclopediadramatica.rs/My_Immortal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>How come there's no Harry Potter anime adaptation?
Draco doesn't become Harry's ally ever and becomes pointless by the 5th book.
Ginny a shit and a whore.
Ron only shines by himself in the 7th book. He's a jealous insecure prick most of the time.
Why is Luna in that picture?
Neville only shines twice in the series.
The only two characters that matter are Harry and Hermione, and it showed when Rowling originally wrote for them to get together.

Because there were movies? It'd just be the same ground covered but with everyone speaking Japanese and probably a couple of tweaks to make Harry Potter an even bigger harem attractor than he already was.

because Luna a cute

This series would have been much better if it was remade with Japanese tropes.
Draco would be an ally, other houses would be more relevant, etc.
>no Harry on Firebolt vs Voldemort in cloak form
That's why the 8th film was so underwhelming, the fights were crap.

You're talking about a media form that often guts smaller side elements to focus on the main plot. Those houses would have equal screentime to the movies we got.

Some faggots deluding themselves ITT. If they made a Harry Potter anime it would be BL

>implying the harry potter movies didn't bastardize the books
>implying hermione wasn't given ron's lines and plot towards the end
>implying a better adaption couldn't be made

THE GOBLET HAIRRYRYRYRYHR

That's why I said remade, right? The original had Draco do all these stupid life-ending decisions just because Harry kept one-upping him at school. At no point did he mature and get over it.

DA was also something Rowling didn't expand upon. It's just an engine to pin Dumbledore and an excuse for Cho to kiss him. Anime being big on SoL would be very nice to dedicate 1-2 eps on DA shenanigans.

Since fujos have deep wallets and the nips can clearly see western feminists rule the western world, its not so far fetched.

8th film? I thought that there's only 6 books and one film per book.

I only watched until the fifth (?) film and read only one book, the one where ____Dumbledore dies_____________. I was confused when spoiler didn't happen in the last film I watched.

Oh yeah because Japan never had a character doing stupid life-ending decisions just because the protagonist keeps one upping him. Not at all.

Why do you care?
>actually liking harry potter
You 14 years old, a girl or both?

Good, Harry and Malfoy had an infinitely more interesting dynamic than Harry and Ginny

They split the last book into two movies. Same as how the Hobbit split it's book into three movies. People are pretty greedy in that industry.

this honestly. She needed more screentime.

7th book was split in two.

Sasuke wasn't envious of Naruto at all and I dropped it during the first TS arc.
What I'm saying is that the HP anime could get the best tropes of both worlds and completely remake the series from the ground up.

Exactly. No need to turn it into BL trash though.

I'm a nine year old girl like everyone else on Sup Forums silly! Though people say I'm mature for my age

Because Harry Potter is a fucking asshole and the series has already been milked to death for two decades

And what I'm saying is Sasuke and Draco are the same kind of character. Rather than the chance of them retconning him into an ally who matures or whatever they'd keep him the same, just as Sasuke kept the same path.

>keeping things the same
I don't know if it would appeal in an honestly more niche form of entertainment. HP has been done to death in books and movies.

If anything the anime should do an anime original adaptation of HP.

>tfw no genderswapped Harry Potter anime

>sasuke wasn't jealous
youtube.com/watch?v=tFHZUrhgFR0

>inspired world
>lwa
U wot

Hey f@m I'm not part of nu-Sup Forums so forgive me if I don't remember every part of shounenshit.

And entirely change a character? At most they tend to paint a character either more or less heroically than in the books, not entirely change the character and his alignment. At least not characters who are central to the plot.

Who are the top left two characters meant to be?

Nigga, most fans of hp are probably in their 20s by now

>And entirely change a character?
Why not? An anime-original story would be a better take than just an anime adaptation of HP.
You're also not getting it. I'm not saying an HP anime WILL be anime-original, I'm saying being anime-original will be better received than just being another adaptation.
What you're saying is that there's no chance of an HP anime being anime original, which doesn't argue against my point whatsoever.

Hermion Granger and Ronie Weasly

Anglos believe witches and wizards came from them despite they steal the concept from Germans.

Probably JK Rowling not wanting to license her baby off to an evil male fantasy-friendly medium that objectifies women.

It would fit right in, though. Adapting crappy LNs is in vogue now so adapting a crappy foreign book series isn't too out there.

there's nothing wrong with not remembering everything. but you have to expect to be corrected if you say something wrong. especially on this Sup Forumsutism board

>will be better recieved
That's bullshit, though. You can't say that for sure. I mean for one you're saying change Draco in such a manner (make him an ally) that ruins Snape's own story and complexity as well as the whole Dumbledore greying situation. And for what? Another generic "heh we're not friends, we're rivals, friend" character?

The English concept of witchcraft is heavily based on Celtic religious figures and practices, not whatever the Krauts have.

>change Draco in such a manner (make him an ally) that ruins Snape's own story and complexity as well as the whole Dumbledore greying situation.
What do you think HP's genre would be if it became anime? Wouldn't it be shounen? Then wouldn't it make sense to change to story to be that way?
Snape's story is also very overrated and arrived to late for the payoff.

>Another generic "heh we're not friends, we're rivals, friend" character?
You act like HP is a paragon of writing even compared to anime. It's practically an isekai, where Harry gets to live in a fantastical world and finds out he was a big shot compared to the people living in that fantastical world.

You think Snape's story is overrated but not generic anime rival #132123? Also I'm not defending anything nor acting like HP is a paragon of shit. I hate Rowling's work, but I've always liked the setting. What I'm saying is it's stupid the way people are gushing over an anime adaption theoretically being far superior or some shit, but coming up with generic tropes so overplayed I'd rather they stick with the original if it were ever made.

Incorrect. Anglo Witches/Wizards are healy inspired by Celtic myth.

Did you miss the post where I said that in order for my shit to work, the anime has to take the good tropes from both sides of the world? I bet you did or else you wouldn't be sperging out right now.

>How come there's no Harry Potter anime adaptation?
Rowling. And although I would love to see multy-season 24+ episodes adaptation, it won't happen. And it would be probably handled by Toei and the worst designs/animation ever - see new Sailor Moon.

actually kill yourself OP.

I also read the part where you said "Draco could be an ally" which is the main thing we are arguing about, you retard.

Commercial Wars. It's seen as Holywood material, and JK Rowling is basically a feminist.

In another universe, there is a series of HP movies done by Ghibli.

You don't think an anime adaptation could make it work? Of course going anime original means liberties in the plot.

>And it would be probably handled by Toei
That's not a bad thing in itself, is it?

In another universe, there is a series of HP movies done by Shaft.

>wanting literal Harry Potter fanfic
We have enough, OP. We have enough.
encyclopediadramatica.rs/My_Immortal

Well it's worked for them the last trillion times they've done it.

Harry potter is the dullest franchise