Toys R Us liquidating all stores

Trump's economy sure is great, eh? Yet another billion dollar company goes bankrupt. You're literally taking toys from children.

usatoday.com/story/money/business/2018/03/14/toys-r-us-told-employees-wednesday-planning-sell-close-all-its-u-s-stores-and-file-liquidation-paper/426292002/

Attached: toysrus-1520623037-2086.jpg (800x600, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4JYUo9WKkao
youtu.be/5sMXR7rK40U
youtu.be/4JYUo9WKkao
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

toys r us has been a dead store walking for 15 years.

These things have been declining for years, user.

Turns out that toys are the easiest fucking things to buy online compared to clothing etc.

It's closing because the same stuff could be bought online for much cheaper.
They underestimated the rise of the Web and got greedy.
It was a simple failure to adapt, just like blockbuster.

>trump's economy is to blame
>Amazon and Walmart had nothing to do with it

this

Toys R Us has been on the decline since Amazon got big.
I tried to buy something from them last year, but the fuckers don't ship to my area. Amazon sure does though.

Supposedly they didn't have online service until 2005 or so.

Exactly, thankyou

While the dot com boom was happening all these physical retailers were like meh idgaf m8 fuk dem we good we dont need to look into that all that much

*masturbates using a he-man plushy*

>Amazon/Walmart kill another store
>thinking this has anything to do with Trump
why are you shills so fucking boring

It was actually doing okay until venture capitalists bought it out and they proceeded to gut it for their own profits.

>don't ship to my area.

In 2017? How? Small businesses are able to ship anywhere.
My problem was getting an order cancelled and told it was out of stock.

RIP Toys R Us

Loved this shop :(

Yea, because the last time I played with toys was never. The only thing I ever bought from Toys r' us were 2 guitar hero guitars on sale for $5 each. This was over 5 years ago and the store in the middle of Trump town was dead empty with 2 employees. This is the low-hanging fruit lefties continue to scrape from.

I wish Movieblob would fucking an hero already.

fpbp, but i am still saddened by this :(

>same selection of toys as Wal-Mart for more money and you can't buy anything else while you're there
>infinitely less selection of toys as Amazon

BRUUUUMPPFFT

Attached: 321.jpg (680x719, 35K)

Survival of the fittest

FPBP. This was a long time coming and has nothing to do with conditions in the present, except maybe other retailers attracting more vendors and taking sales.

Decent bait thread idea, but really terrible execution.

The line
>You're literally taking toys from children.
Makes it way too obvious that you're trolling or just making a slide thread. You could have found a better article that explicitly blamed Trump too, you know they're out there.

Attached: 1520855320424.jpg (399x370, 29K)

Their prices were crazy. Its about time. Capitalism wins. We all win!

That was their own fault. They bought toys r us as a leveraged buyout and then weren't profitable.

pretty much, and they arent the only retailer to bite the bullet because of it.
newer generations of kids don't want toys as badly as older ones did, those niggers just want funbucks for mobile game apps that (((developers))) are all to eager to sell toddlers.

They were in such debt they didn't even have enough money to attempt to get a heavy online presence. They were even taken off the public exchange and privatized some time ago.

This is a bait. Regardless, my childhood memories are in Toys R Us. Sad.

You economically illiterate nigger, Toys R Us has been selling their shit at ridiculous markups for over a decade now and are probably going out of business because everyone especially parents getting toys for their kids, orders online nowadays

Paradigm shift in consumerism.
Hollywood Video built in my town in 2003.
5 years later it's going out of business.

Attached: 8473268348_e91885defb_o.jpg (2848x4272, 3.72M)

I remember a tub of cheaply made Bug's Life toys cost $20 in ~1999, so maybe, just M A Y B E, that has something to do with it? Also bump denied for being a baiting faggot.

>leveraged buyout added $400 million a year in debt to a company struggling to keep up with e-sales

fucking capitalist pigs used someone else's money to take over in 2005 and it ruined a great company

F

There was an independent rental chain with about five or six stores, they actually lasted longer than Blockbuster and Hollywood Video. Their last effort before closing was a 24/7 store that was like Redbox from 5pm to 8am. You could watch a robot arm in the back that picked out your rental.

Obvious troll, but it does make me worry about a future where robots and technology make production and distribution so efficient that people can't get jobs. It's happening in every field, even the more sophisticated ones. What will we do with ourselves?

Attached: dumbdumb.jpg (1242x1380, 107K)

Disney had more to do with their demise than Trump.

It's called Amazon you stupid nigger

Attached: 1519544059600.jpg (479x464, 41K)

Most modern toys sales are to man children who probably avoid Toys R Us so they don't get arrested. The majority of kids are raised on tablets and smart phones and don't care about "toys" as much.

Not gonna lie, this hurt me when I found out. I spent hours at these stores with my wife picking out cute baby clothes and toys for our first kid. Now what, we get to sit in front of the computer scrolling down amazon looking at shit and not knowing what it really looks, smells, or feels like? I'm seriously tempted to stop using sites like amazon and entirely because of this, unless it's for stuff I literally can't get anywhere else. probably gonna stop using self-check out machines too. We gotta unfuck society man. Strip away the progress towards mechanization.

Dream.

Attached: d.gif (720x440, 189K)

>ignore overall positive news about the economy
>concentrate on one store change going out of business

Attached: cherry_picking.jpg (1400x905, 199K)

No, it's perfect. All the serious replies about online retail in response to an obvious tongue in cheek parody baitpost demonstrate exactly how fucking Reddit this board has become.

Venture capitalists DESTROYED toys r us with too much debt

I DON'T WANNA GROW UP

>stay young forever with this one weird trick

Attached: 1521080007969.webm (854x478, 1.98M)

Attached: Screenshot_20171205-181729.jpg (1054x1000, 278K)

There's a movie/game trading store near me that bought out an old Hollywood Video and left everything exactly the same. They still have the signs, the iconic movie characters on the walls, the white shelves, purple counters, and Game Crazy with all its signage. Their prices are pure cancer, typically $5 more than the most expensive sold item on eBay, but I still stop in occasionally for the nostalgia rush.

HE'S ORANGE

>NEVER grow old with this one weird trick!

>Trump is at fault for Amazon putting Toys'R'Us out of its misery after struggling for years

>You're literally taking toys from children.
Yes, because kids don't start playing vidya at age 4.

Not to mention you can always buy these chinese crap at online stores

>Obvious troll/bait is obvious

For anyone who's actually interested in why this happened, here's a solid/short video about it:
youtube.com/watch?v=4JYUo9WKkao

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 2.43.36 AM.png (869x155, 96K)

We know who really did this.
Bezos and Zuckerberg are both reptilian jews.

Attached: jeff_bezos_devil.jpg (960x720, 62K)

They have more toys than walmart.

W R O N G

youtu.be/5sMXR7rK40U
youtu.be/4JYUo9WKkao

Their problems far extended the "the web killed them" explanation, they tried to adapt, they just had other problems.

WTF would Trump have to do with Toys R Us? He's too busy causing the deaths of peoples pets, seeing that your breakfast is served cold, causing flat tires, making it rain, causing people to miss their buses, etc...

Attached: 85903247.jpg (365x467, 95K)

Target/Walmart/Amazon put ToysRus out of business

most big box retail stores are run like shit, Sears is going to be next to bankrupt--they've been cannibalizing their K-Mart stores for years to stave off the inevitable. i think wal-mart only endures because the jew sends all their welfare recipients there to spend their gubbment dollars. i mean their stores are all run like shit and full of theft and losses, too, but the Waltons are top jews and they won't be allowed to go bust because where else will peddle all that chinese crap?

if he had been raised with toys instead of anime, he wouldn't have done that

we'd be fine if we didn't keep importing illegal beaners en masse

I remember getting my super awesome robo-sapien there

F

Last time I went to toys r Us was when I bought a video game for NES

Attached: anakin_walgreens_POP.jpg (1920x816, 264K)

>trumps economy

>white people paying huge taxes so that a subhuman slave class can live off of the white middle classes money and still survive off of slave wages, providing cheap slave labor so kike CEOs get rich while our wallets and paychecks are drained all for people who never belonged here

THEY ARE LITERALLY STEALING OUR MONEY IN TAXES SO THAT THEY CAN GIVE SUBHUMANS FOOD STAMPS AND SHIT SO JEWS CAN PAY THEM SLAVE LABOR WAGES WHICH THEN UNDERMINE OUR WAGES

we're getting fucked from all angles, it makes your fucking head spin to realize how fucking kike'd we're getting, we're PAYING for a fucking subclass of slave laborers who undermine our standard of fucking living, its fucking genius and disgusting, all rich kikes need to hang

Attached: 1518132279531.jpg (695x718, 337K)

>few remember walking Toys R Us and seeing all the toys and letting your imagination fly, even if you never got a toy.

feels bad man

This. Toys R Us has been irrelevant since the internet. We are now officially on phase 2 of the complete control by the jews. Children will now be forced to use the internet dumbing down their brains and shaping their thought pattern from an early age.

they cannot compete with online.
>cheaper to hire warehouse fags in few key locations shipping shit vs having 30 niggers in stores in every city.

They also negate our votes to compound the problem. Don't forget the rapes and murders.

Toys r us has been dying for years

amazon replaced them, this shit isnt recent either.

story behind this?

>toys r us has been a dead store walking for 15 years.

Yup, Remember KB Toys? they went out of business in 2009

Attached: 1987.jpg (660x881, 101K)

This, and for many of the same reasons Blockbuster died off save for maybe 9 or 7 stores.

Toys R Us fucked up their initial attempt at ecommerce so much that the next Christmas season they outsourced their online presence to Amazon.

>Toys R Us liquidating
IMPEACH SLUMPF NOW

Toys R Us hasn’t been financially viable since their major failure of Christmas 1999 when they began their decline. Amazed they made it this long. Besides, kids are dumb now and want tablets and phones, they’re ruined for good.

user from r9k an heroed on a youtube livestream earlier today. Used a kel tec shotgun even

>Toys R Us liquidating
>6 gorillion American children dying every second from the NRA's mass shootings

WON'T SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!??????

>It was actually doing okay until venture capitalists bought it out and they proceeded to gut it for their own profits
Mitt Romney and Bain Capital to be exact.

Attached: Robot-Romney-e1332532233108.jpg (499x333, 36K)

Toys R Us is going out of business. Making physical toys vanish from children's lives. There will still be toys made and sold through online retailers like Amazon. But I'm guessing the demand for toys isn't what it used to be. Eventually children will no longer depend on their own imagination like we did growing up. Instead they will be given tablets and cellphones that do the thinking for them. We are literally birthing fuel for technology.

>kids will no longer imaginate with toys
>instead they will play video games

>implying he doesn't do all those things AND kicks your Grandma
Found ya Putin bot

Nah Blockbuster died off because it couldn't adapt fast enough, TRU had it's problems but they were adapting to the changes in the toy market pretty well. Their problems were not properly clearancing old items, not cleaning up the shittier stores, and poor flow in their aisles.

late stage capitalism

It's this.

THE BLOOD OF GEOFFREY IS ON YOUR HANDS CHUMPF

Attached: 636403799141348406-SUB-TRU-GEOFFREY-15512221-2-.jpg (534x712, 73K)

>we're getting fucked from all angles, it makes your fucking head spin to realize how fucking kike'd we're getting, we're PAYING for a fucking subclass of slave laborers who undermine our standard of fucking living, its fucking genius and disgusting, all rich kikes need to hang
Trying saying that five times fast

My wife was a toys'r'us manager. She said what killed her store was the glut of unsellable star wars merchandise. No kid wants a nigger or mary sue or emo vader toy. Not even the new star wars legos were selling that well.

So maybe there's still hope?

The only thing that will birth is dumb children. Have you noticed yet that children allowed to use a calculator can;t do math in their heads? Watch what happens at the grocery or local corner store when the powers out and the teenage cashier can't run your transaction because the register can't calculate your change owed. They don't even try to write it down and solve it by hand. Just nope sorry, you'll have to come back later.

>Implying the economy has anything to do with it
Kids are literally raised by cellphones and tablets, they don't give a FUCK about toys when they have interactive immersion at the ready on a handheld device.

kids want tablets, and tablet games

imagination is dead in children, interactive games are what replaced it.

>Trump thread
>implying kids want to play with toys and not cell phones
fuck off shill faggot

Attached: 1477382680856.png (354x504, 129K)

oh memories, i remember renting bunch of games, installing them, then downloading the crack for them so they run without cd.

No. Disney can force you take their shit, Just like how they forced my favorite comic book store to take unsellable sjw marvel comics. That forced the store to close, that had been open since the 60's

>You're literally taking toys from children
Yeah but they get bullets in exchange, so that's fair

The Toys R Us near me is a fucking mess. Everyone just drops off their little crying shits here, it's like a free daycare. Everything is old and outdated. I remember that they were always hiring bike assemblers. Maybe it was a front.

Someone explain to me why Sup Forums apparently knows so much about the selection in toy stores. And don't try to give me any bullshit about them taking their kids there

>1 post by this ID

It's fine we'll teach em how to sport shoot instead

They were still in business? Damn..

Toys R Us are incompetent idiots who couldn't keep alive.

>been a store for 60 years
>grew up before mobile game memes

It like they do not have real toy stores in Australia.America was know by kids for the toystores in the movies,and in real life you faggot huge stores filled with toys.

>make traffic worse and worse
>create a society of antisocial people
>anyone being surprised when people buy online more and more and get it shipped