Shigurui

3 episodes in... what's the appeal? It's all style and no substance. And I prefer edge if it actually has some story to lean back on, like Mirai Nikki. These 30 seconds of edge every 20 minutes aren't enough to keep me interested. Does it get any better? Does the manga make more sense?

How does the anime not make sense to you? And how the hell is there 'no story'? Are you retarded? And it isn't just pointless edge - at least it has a historically justified reason to be this edgy.

Get ready for more psychedelic edge my man.Its just starting. The first couple of episodes are a bit slow, but it gets better. Also, I recommend the manga

>How does the anime not make sense to you
Just a bunch of characters and I have no idea where they are or what they're doing, or even who they are.

>Not immediately recognizing my man Fujiki
Are you fucking retarded? Put some thought into it.

>some story to lean back on, like Mirai Nikki

They literally state their names and give you the consequences of their actions in the first episode. All of their positions were shown in the second. Just let the anime actually do its job: i.e show and not tell.

>put some thought into it
For that it needs to grab my attention first.

>popepic shitters

There's a giant contradiction in your post.

State. As in, when they fight, they introduce themselves. I do believe that still counts as showing and not telling, to an extent - as long as it isn't some exposition dump.

The manga was an incredible letdown.

Are you retarded? The ending is perfect.

This is what happens when you let DBStards infest the site.

This. We need to ban it like Narutards threads in the past.

Meta posting just because you don't understand OPs POV? Or is it because I like Mirai Nikki and aren't afraid to admit it?

It's admittedly hard to understand the OPs POV. I mean, Shigurui isn't exactly hard to follow. It's story is fairly clear and straightforward. The motivatiosn of the important characters should be pretty clear from the beginning. Where does OP's confusion come from?

I never said the story was hard to follow. I never said anything about motivation either, never even uttered the word.

>Does the manga make more sense?
So, if you get both the story and the characters, what is it that doesn't make enough sense?

The appeal.

It has lots of commentary on human mentality and brutality (back in the day) that's for certain.

The appeal is a non-romanticized vision of samurai.
Most anime, movies and manga portray samurai as these honourable warrios who fight according to a moral code, but Shigurui says fuck that and shows samurai as decandent power hungry thugs that follow some perverted old man who pisses himself because he's supossed to be the head of the clan.
Is a breath of fresh air and more historically accurate according to some people, but I don't know enough japanese history to judge myself.

I thought Shigurui was great. It's got flaws, but it makes up for it with intensity during many confrontations. I've only read the manga, so I don't know how the anime adaption went.

Not really seeing it if I'm being honest

So it's just another side of the coin. It's just as unrealistic as a romantized version. I don't relate to any of the character's struggles. They don't feel like real people.

Appeal is that it's a good story, with interesting characters. It has an interesting visual style, but behind the style there's also plenty of substance. There's obsession with martial arts, stuff about misguided honor and loyalty leading to ruin, people dedicated to the way of the sword being kind of terrible in times of peace. Pretty interesting stuff. Now you now what the appeal is. If none of this stuff appeals to you, you should just accept that Shigurui doesn't fit your tastes and move on.

>Not really seeing it if I'm being honest
It's hard to believe that you're honestly not seeing it. Again, this is pretty straightforward stuff, not something hidden behind layers of obtuse symbolism.

Have you ever watched the movie Harakiri? I think you would enjoy it if you haven't.

So you're saying that you have a problem with the show because you're too intellectually inept to understand something so straightforward? Can't see any fault in the show for that. It's not even 2deep4u. It's all just fucking obvious, user.

I'm saying it's boring.

So your opinion goes from "I don't know anything about the characters", to "there's no story", to "too much edge", to "it's too boring". Make your mind up, will you?

I think his opinion is pretty consistently "I want to bait Sup Forums but I don't want to put any effort into it".

>Does the manga make more sense?
Both make perfect sense.
>Just a bunch of characters and I have no idea where they are or what they're doing, or even who they are.
This is said in the first 2 eprisodes. Are you stupid?
>I do get it ,it's just le boring
Your're just retarded. Just drop it and watch something more of your speed with lots of explosions like Naruto.

I don't see a contradiction yet. In the things I've said at least.

>you're just retarded because you call something boring
More like the opposite.

Let us discuss the symbolic nature of this moment.

To show his composure and will.
I dare you to sit half-bended like that for more than a minute, your fucking knees will be exploding

From what I remember the last episode had a cool scene, but the rest was boring.
I think people just pretend to like it.

This is fucking intense.

Yeah, it would be pretty far-fetched to think that people actually have different opinins than you.

The only flaw was the the story about the frog guy and the dick girl. But as far as samurai chanbara goes, Shigurui is top imo (both manga & anime).

>no smelly sudoku for me

yes but furthermore considerate this

>Iku ready to wipe at any moment
She is truly the embodiment of devotion.

i enjoyed the manga but couldnt get into the anime

>MC does everything for the school because the master saved him
>unrealistic pain and suffering
>non-romanticized

>>MC does everything for the school because the master saved him
And this leads to nothing good, and essentially makes the MC a worse person than he would've otherwise been. How is this romanticized?

Just don't watch the anime, and don't even think in read the manga. It's just too much for you.

>How is this romanticized?
How is it not? Pure characters turning into rotten/obsessed people is not romanticized?

It's Intensity: the Manga.

that is literally the opposite of romanticizing something

That is not what romanticized means, user. It's not even close. Romanticizing something is about idealizing it, more or less. MC's loyalty and gratitude gelping him become a noble, valiant hero who saves the dojo, marries the girl and passes on his masters teachings would be a romanticized version of the story.