It's actually happening

this technology will change the world. No more oil wars. No more funding middle east despots. Electric cars will be preferable.

Iter: It's actually happening
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2CBJIp2j8

pic related. from 3d model to real thing.

Attached: 40degreesegment.jpg (1000x529, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/eric-prydz/eric-prydz-essential-mix-2013
youtube.com/watch?v=lyqt6u5_sHA
youtube.com/watch?v=TblApzhOSSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=1CRZp7Gqom0
youtube.com/watch?v=pt70mO2nQac
youtube.com/watch?v=4xTedApXHNA
youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2CBJIp2j8
news.mit.edu/2018/mit-newly-formed-company-launch-novel-approach-fusion-power-0309
theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/09/nuclear-fusion-on-brink-of-being-realised-say-mit-scientists
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_peak
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

*yawn* Let me know when you actually kick start the "star core"

Attached: Untitled16.png (771x627, 36K)

>finaly solve energy crisis
>humanity destined for greatness
>end up using all of it for crypto mining

only 20 years away

bwahahaha way too much money

wat dis

>ITER Project started in 1988
>2025 first planned achievement of plasma

k bro. call me when you get it started. i'll just wait here, also call me when you get find that holy grail thing

Attached: Ill-Just-Wait-Here.jpg (491x550, 25K)

soundcloud.com/eric-prydz/eric-prydz-essential-mix-2013

tokamak fusion reactor

first generation of fusion reactor that will produce a net gain of energy.

this one is designed as proof of concept and will hopefully produce tritium(hydrogen with 2 neutrons) to supply future reactors.

i laughed, but only because only a euro could make such a week joke.

Psst, that will require another 65 nuke power plants just for us passenger vehicles. Atleast 65

It's such a bizarre shape, is that because it is the only way that will keep magnetic containment or because it is the most efficient?

Thats without powering the grid

>The reactor is only designed to produce a fusion plasma, and the emitted heat from the fusion reaction will be vented to the atmosphere without generating electricity. ITER's planned successor, DEMO, is expected to be the first fusion reactor to produce electricity in an experimental environment

Tokamaks are simple looking compared to stellarators.

youtube.com/watch?v=lyqt6u5_sHA

Attached: eikBLMXr.jpg (1456x542, 138K)

If I can't buy one to keep on my own property so I never need to pay a utility bill again, I don't give a shit.

Attached: tumblr_p0bz34bgfs1sk0vlxo1_1280.gif (1280x1124, 1.99M)

youtube.com/watch?v=TblApzhOSSQ

Agreed. It takes at least one american to make a month joke.

Actually power a load, just 1 fucking incandescent light bulb without trick gimmicks and/or excuses the color me impressed. I'm to old for this shit! Same goes for all this 2012 tier, new age, galactic consciousness
"shift" bull shit that makes its rounds year after year. Fuck you VICTORY OF THE LIGHT, and all you cock-sucking faggot larpers. Its never "HAPPENING". NOTHING ever happens. Grow the fuck up.

Technology doesn't improve?
Faggot.
The Wendelstein's final form will be known as the "Power Toad"

No better time to get into nuclear engineering, eh?

Ah, the good old Wendelstein X-7!

youtube.com/watch?v=1CRZp7Gqom0

>Being this much of a brainlet.
Guess what. Cars is not the only reason why we use oil.

Is this the new dead nigger storage ?

DAS RITE

Attached: de lesquen riant.gif (300x240, 976K)

this is where we turn dead niggers into soylent green.

I remember reading a short scifi story where tech like this came out and the resulting indulgence and ease caused man to become retarded like on idiocracy. basically UBI became a thing and resources were crazy plentiful. Fast forward several centuries and the machines were maintained by a cult that passed the knowledge of operation, maintenance, and repair down through its members yet no one really had any idea what or how the machines operated, only how to fix them and keep the juice flowing.

Aside from software, tech improves at a snails pace. For one; Robotics aren't shit. Boston robotics dosen't even impress me much (cue Shania Twain). Even computer processor speed has been hitting roadblocks. I say again just show me actual proof this shit can power anything but itself in a loop and I MIGHT be impressed. I've seen FAR to many energy scams in my day to take this shit seriously.

Damn you guys still believe about tritium deuterium fusion...
Just face it, it will never work. Tokamak based shits are a failure as the plasma disrupts without any reason and actually due to the fact it produces neutrons, it will fuck up the structure at every disruption aka every run attempt.
Aneutronic fusion is the way to go (Bore Hydrogen for instance)

Does this mean that white men can finally sail for the stars?

all this just to please Satan? Seems a bit much.

soyboy detected

I was in a mental hospital with a physicist who has written multiple books back in 2011 and he told me that there would be fusion energy in the coming years, that he wrote books on the equations that proved it. He also told me about child trafficking that he knew went on, when he called the cops on the traffickers they arrested him. I wish I could talk to that man now that I am redpilled, but I think he lit my fuze. Thank you old mental hospital man.

net electrical energy or net thermal energy?
i read current world record in output/input energy for fussion is like 0.7* and to make fission power plant they neet to make process 20-30 time more efficient
*) thermal energy, does not take into account cooloing, electromagnetic cage, steam turbine loesses just for every kW put into microwave heater they got 0.7 kW of heat from fussion
>no more oil wars
>lets start deuterium war

Also, tritium production isn't a thing right now as it requires lithium (and we all use lithium).
ITER added a structure around the tokamak to produce tritium but this requires a water cooling system with a very thin wall for a maximum cooling.
Lithium explodes with water

sounds like WH40k to me

ITER has no plans to generate any power. It only plans to run for like a maximum of 100 seconds in a row before it is shut down to cool down. They have plans going out like 20 years for testing with different types of fuel. There is basically nothing to see here.

Source: I worked on it for a while and poked around on shared drives and read a high level summary doc.

>electrical energy or net thermal energy?
>i read current world record in output/input energy for fussion is like 0.7* and to make fission power plant they neet to make process 20-30 time more efficient
>*) thermal energy, does not take into acco
not really sure. all i know is that it's supposed to put out more energy than it takes to run. every machine so far has taken more energy to run than it produced.

Sounds like a great world to live in. People don't really understand how anything works, we have ideas about how things work and convince ourselves that it's truth. We don't really need to know why things work the way they do, if you can make and repair machine that does what you want it to do, that's enough.

Your understanding of something you 'know' works the way it does will probably become obsolete when somebody comes up with another explanation for how things work that makes technology available the previous understanding couldn't.

If we ever get to a point where we don't have any idea how things work, yet everything still manages to work, I'd say technology has progressed as far as possible.

there are no steam turbines. it is just a research toy.

its not a perpetuum mobile
You burn hydrogen as a fuel.

I'll give a shit once they actually get it to produce energy.

Satan destroys, God creates.
bruh...you're not a scientist

Asymmetry will fuck it up, that design only works in small configurations.

to make a power plant they need to solve the engineering problem of turning heat similar to the sun into electricity. it won't happen. they have no idea how to go about the practical part of it.

I am and "old" man who was in a mental hospital for a week when I was a young man and I can almost guarant-fucking-tee you that man you met was a fucking quack. You can be a true genius turn bat-shit insane or just sound like a genius and be fucking insane from the get go. From my experience anyone peddling anything approaching what could loosely be called "free energy" are Charlestons or bat-shit crazy. I like to think they are just crazy mad scientists, but the realist in me knows they are 99% scam artists.

seems pretty straight forward. take off exhaust heat and use it to boil water

Nothing wrong with a bit of creative thinking.

You're obviously not an engineer

Not a mechanical engineer, no. But there are multiple theories for how electricity works and there's no real way of knowing for sure exactly how it works, but as long as things work the way you want them to, it really doesn't matter.

They also need to water the plant daily but not too much.

>exhaust heat
You mean the left over heat from the heat you made? You need a thermodynamics course.

Around 1 / 10000 watermolecules has a tritium atom in it. That's enough for thousands of years. The problem isn't the tritium, but the other element. I believe it's lithium. Better fusion reactors could fuse tritium with tritium or even deuterium with deuterium but we don't have efficiƫnt enough reactors for that.

no
Remember, the process happens in vacuum.
you use the heat to cause fusion, you extract the energy via neutrons.When done correctly, the fusion reactions produce large amounts of high energy neutrons. Being electrically neutral and relatively tiny, the neutrons are not affected by the magnetic fields nor are they stopped much by the surrounding vacuum chamber.
You will want to use those high energy neutrons in a conventional steam turbine just like in Nuclear or Coal plants - heat water, spin wheel, get energy.

if the reactor takes X energy to run and it produces X+Y energy.... than you can exhaust Y to boil the water.

Not bad whitey, not bad... BUT

witness the might of african engineering!

Attached: FB_IMG_1476729318400.jpg (1080x720, 44K)

there's a diverter system on this reactor that seems to pull out helium ash and other impurities. i don't know how it would do that without breaking the vacuum.

ITT how to build a huge machine that will break down after a few firings.

I think this is the main flaw of the tokamak, its not uninterruped fusion because you need to clean that shit up, I believe the stellator fixes thi but the problem with it is the infinite complexity.

>than you can exhaust Y to boil the water.
youtube.com/watch?v=pt70mO2nQac
at 6:50 it explains it.

Neutrinos will break the outer wall. Unless you are using helium-3.

Here is what I found:
Once freed, the neutron has a relatively short half-life of about 10 minutes before it decays into a proton and electron with the emission of energy. When the time comes to actually try to make electricity from a tokamak-based reactor, some of the neutrons produced in the fusion process would be absorbed by a liquid metal blanket and their kinetic energy would be used in heat-transfer processes to ultimately turn a generator.

you don't know what you are talking about. you don't have neutrons cruising around in the steam turbine in a Nuclear plant.

Odd shape, retards

How do u think the nuclear rods heat the water?

You know what a shithole the Middle East is these days? Can you imagine what it will be like when we don't NEED to keep it stable for oil?

Attached: Slater.png (501x560, 217K)

the part shown in the OP picture is actually two parts that make up the outer protective casing to the Toroidal Field Coils

youtube.com/watch?v=4xTedApXHNA

the thought gives me a boner.

>OP says world about to change
>posts video of a Transformers bidet being made.

Attached: 463F52AA-C86B-4C44-B6F1-1EB54FB26B64.jpg (650x487, 54K)

Wouldn't that also completely screw-up the US economy?

Yes.

Hopefully someone other than Germans will build one soon.

In the 1940 Nuclear fusion was almost ready, max 30 years until it works commercially.
In the 1960 Nuclear fusion was almost ready, max 30 years until it works commercially.
In the 1980 Nuclear fusion was almost ready, max 30 years until it works commercially.
In the 2000 Nuclear fusion was almost ready, max 30 years until it works commercially.
In the 2020 Nuclear fusion was almost ready, max 30 years until it works commercially.

Are you starting to see the pattern or do you need help?

Attached: 1480471301596.png (500x544, 539K)

>youtube.com/watch?v=2Y2CBJIp2j8
Literally made from LEGO

Attached: lego.png (842x436, 615K)

>(And that's a good thing)
Make me a journo already

no MIT SPARC mentioned.

let me untroll you all

news.mit.edu/2018/mit-newly-formed-company-launch-novel-approach-fusion-power-0309

Attached: 1516882419760.png (601x804, 569K)

Hah. Based snail eater.

Totally meant to lewdpost to get attention

theguardian.com/environment/2018/mar/09/nuclear-fusion-on-brink-of-being-realised-say-mit-scientists

Attached: SPARC-Fusion-01_0.jpg (639x426, 241K)

oil is good for you , faggot hippy

Attached: 1385757966247.png (218x210, 33K)

Where's the German "Germany will not sell it's fusion secrets" guy?

Can some1 with better understanding, pls explain to me how you get excessenergy out while fusing two atoms into a molecule?
Fission works because u get the bonding energy out of a molecule while splitting it. Fusion in the sun works because it has unbelievable mass and its gravity/masscluster pulls them together in the middle. Without such mass you have to push them together by force, which in my understanding of physics, can never get more energy out than you need to make such reaction.
Pls explain, maybe i am wrong. This fusion hype always seems like a big scam for me

At least he's not day like you faggot

Attached: 2512da18538e96143a8fa360dfc1e6fb147924a66c50e0f3f6e4089df8ed4909.jpg (1280x1354, 104K)

diesel is aesthetically pleasing, fuck electricity

is this computer evolved?

the sun is doing it by overwhelming brute force. these machines are attempting to do it in a much more precise way that doesn't take nearly the entire mass of the solar system to complete. they do it by strictly controlling the environment inside the system.

>Let's waste everyone's money on one big fusion project which can go wrong at any step in the construction

The EU's greatest blunder. Over a decade in the making.

The UK are going to beat the Krauts once again at this rate.

Attached: tokamak fusion reactor.jpg (800x450, 178K)

t. pizzagater and self-confessed lunatic
what were you in for bub

I understand the principle. I just think that fusion reactor contradicts the principle of conserving energy. Molecules have bonding energy which atoms don't have, hence fusion works, and fission works only in massstars, where gravitational force makes the work.
Go more in the detail pls. I am no physics noob btw.

>No more funding middle east despots.
The wars were fought FOR ISRAEL, not for Oil.

>fusing two atoms into a molecule
fusing 2 atoms into a new atom lighter than their sum
rest of mass being turned into energy

Attached: 248px-Deuterium-tritium_fusion.svg.png (248x276, 24K)

It would be a perpetum mobile than if you keep on splitting and fusing molecules/atoms.

Tokamaks are for tards who can't math. Kraut space ribbons are master race.

Attached: df.jpg (5616x2092, 981K)

nuclear fission was discovered in 1938 and research in nuclear physics didn't start till 1940
nice strawman anarchist retard

>2-3mm tolerances
so basically a small earthquake would fuck that whole thing up

lel that is like 80 year old tech.

yeah you could theoretically split helium atoms back into hydrogen
but it would cost immense energy

it's not creating energy, thermodynamics are not being violated.

no. light elements give off energy from fusion (eg hydrogen/helium), whereas heavy elements give off energy from fission (uranium). eventually star cores are full of heavier elements and they stop releasing enough energy to counteract gravity and they collapse, the turning point is iron atoms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_peak

it would be refugees for Europe, yay