Holy shit this is so fucking god, I hope if they ever adapt this into an anime the whole thing is adapted

Holy shit this is so fucking god, I hope if they ever adapt this into an anime the whole thing is adapted

I dread the day this series gets adapted

it will be back and forth of
>They ruined the source material
>The source material itself is shit
>Why did they make Eris a generic tsundere
>This is just a generic harem why do people think it's good?
>Rudi was more alpha
>fuck [insert studio] they cut my favorite arc

I actually read the LN when I was younger, and thought it was good. Now that I am older, I can say with absolute certainty that its alright but nothing special. It will be forgotten soon.

>They didn't have dad knock up the maid!

>no Aisha

dropped

>Adapt into anime
>Fanbase turns to shit
I hope it never gets adapted.

It's one of the few good isekai that exists.

What is this about

I dunno. After reading a bunch of tensei shit, mushoku and even kenkyo feel kinda bland now. Their opportunitiea for an anime have long passed.
Some of the beginning plot was really blatant wanking too. Thankfully it got better since they developed the 3 girls instead of endlessly expanding it.

I'm the opposite other tensei and isekai series just elevated MusoTen in my mind.

>OMFG actual narrative structure, plots, characters that are not merely cheerleaders of the MC, and an actual villain that's not merely a stepping stone to show how awesome the MC is! Best tensei ever!

>fuck [insert studio] they cut my favorite arc
Fuck author, he cut straightshota arc.

Im ambivalent about it, while MT is better written than most Isekai garbage, there are other series that completely eclipse it.

A fat lolicon otaku grooms 3 girls into being his wives.

You are so fucking god.

Author spent the entire series saying how bad incest is (even having "the point of no return" for the MC being when he fapped to his niece).

so having a chapter devoted to it is confusing

classic isekai yeah

but the other good modern isekai is about the same level imo (competently made but with a lot of flaws).

Want to know what I really like about MT? MC gets his harem. Many series, not just isekai, spend volumes teasing and never go through with it and that pisses me off.

No, youre an idiot thats only read a handful if you think like that.

maybe you know one or two isekai that's good that I don't

but if you're going with all the Isekai talked in the Isekai threads they're either just about on the same level or much much worse.

It'll be announced after Shield Hero.

after the anime ends or...

Of course. They have to ride the hype train from Shield Hero. Unless they also do Re:Zero S2.

wasnt there a PV with Subaru and the gang making mayo or something?

Things like this are not the type that can be given only 12 episodes and be expected to be good, 26 or 52 would work, but those are much less common than they used to be.

The author of MT is really good at making horrible people look less horrible, thats one of the best redeeming qualities of the series, the only problem is that it bogs itself down in its own narrative. yes the world building is fine and all, but did we really need to know every single time Rudeus got a hard on for rice?
Everytime Ellianise went to bang some guy?
Every flashback of Paul fucking some slut?
and so on.

Am I mistaken or the English translation went hiatus? Three or four other chapters have come out a long time ago, but they are still untranslated.

I like the fact that the other characters thought Rudi's rice obsession was stupid as well

The excessive narrative is what made it good in my opinion. If it was toned down then we wouldn't have seen much of rudi praying to his god and other similar comments. It's those small things that make me enjoy rudi's story more.

I like the fact MT was one of the few isekai that acknowledged a lot of Japanese food has an acquired taste, and new people being exposed to it aren't going to go SUGOI, THIS CUISINE IS AMAZING, like it's the best thing in the world.

The food part of isekai is used far too much when the series is not about a cook.

>I like this thing
>I hope it gets adapted
why do people hate themselves

what makes you believe that user?

Yeah, that's for an OVA though.

I feel that the rice sub-plot was basically making fun of those isekai
that and the joke when the maid thought baby Rudi was possessed
or when Rudi's elaborate keikaku once got several innocent children killed

> new people being exposed to it aren't going to go SUGOI, THIS CUISINE IS AMAZING, like it's the best thing in the world.
Although I doubt most authors think about it, I think that happening its just because ANY particularly not crappy food its rare for commoners in a middle age setting, not to mention most of the time being recently made with fresh ingredients by the op mc

Ah, figures

Once the timeline changed the whole series went to shit.

>Rudeus never develops new spells and just rock shotgun gatlings everything
>loses all personality beyond loving his three wives and his comatose mother
>doesn't spend any time raising his children and just goes around murdering people for Orsted

papa oersted takes care of the children instead

Could you stick with your tripfaggotry to Shield Hero threads only?

The Orsted Hitogami Feud killed the series for me.

Not really the point of that arc is that love, tolerance, and responsibility can overcome such limitations even if it presents a huge bomb in the situation which would 99/100 times turn everything into shit. It's no different than how they got a happy ending to Paul having two wives, only because it involves kids and Aisha no longer fawning for Rudy it pissed people off. If it was Norn and say she waited until the kid was 16 years old nobody would complain. This theme is constantly reoccurring, just like with Paul and Zena(was that her name? I forget) getting hitched but as a result really pissed off everyone including Gisu the core piece of Hitogami's schemes. There's a lot of variety but in the end it still comes down to facing the tough shit that comes around in life and dealing with it (successfully or unsuccessfully) and that's pounded at the start when Rudy's goal is to live a second life to the fullest.

At the end of the day most people are hypocrites and will only make exceptions to things they deem okay while acting like they are broad-minded but it's never the case given the internet allows them to unleash their inner sperglord any time they want. Not that I'm saying they should restrain themselves mind you, but it's amusing to see people try and take the high road when it's 99.999% hypocrisy and the remaining is just being prudish.

I'll agree with you on the first point, but that started earlier. His ideal was to always do his best and challenge the impossible, and then he
>abandons studying the magic circles and how to draw them
>doesn't learn summoning magic from Perugius
>doesn't learn higher grade magic
Series goes down during the school arc, then slightly recovers after it ends but the damage was already done.

Not him but The Amber Sword is pretty good, though I can't claim it eclipses MT, it's definitely not as bad as what you complained about for most isekai. Granted it's not like holy shit original but there's a very consistent vibe to it and you can tell the author is actually a gamer that has at least bug exploited a few times and fucked over scrubs.

I mean how many times have you seen in an isekai series where a MC uses the kiting limitations to abuse kiting mini bosses (and making sure they don't reset with proper timing going in and out of the aggro zone) while making it seem like magic to the isekai world's citizens? That's the kind of autistic shit that makes isekai fun, boring isekai is boring cause while they have game related shit it's too shallow and you can't really connect to it as a gamer. It even goes into stuff like how the MC has to make sacrifices like leveling up shitty classes cause he has nothing better at that point.

Shieldbro is great though, guy has the little details down for home cooking then relies on upgrading his cooking shield a bajillion times. The Spear Hero gaiden also gives a ton of details to how he actually achieves that difference almost like Shokugeki no Souma. Well then again I don't think he even focused on nip shit too much, it was just whatever he had ingredients for.

Doing his best is not being perfect. Also you seem to conveniently ignore time limitations as well as what Rudy values, such as the people around him and his lack of confidence when push comes to shove. Having a guy like Orsted to rely on will naturally have Rudy willingly be the yes-man it was always a given, guy was never an alpha male to begin with. He was a beta through and through just with enough magic power to make his berserk button rather scary.

I'm not saying you're 'wrong' but if the story went your headcanon way, Rudeus would be totally out of character. If you can't recognize that I'm sorry it's clear your self-inserting has gotten in the way of your cognitive functions and that's understandable since MT was really easy to immerse into.

>Spear Hero gaiden

Wait, that faggot got a novel for himself? Or it's a different Spear hero?

Yep the Love Hunter got a gaiden. Shame the translations stopped. It was mostly MTL but god damn if I never read an MTL so damn fitting thanks to Motoyasu being broken in the head. It even has like 400~ chapters too, but the translations only go up to like 30 or so, such a shame. Well then again MT doesn't even have their stuff all translated so whatever.

Gaiden is really fucking funny once you realize it's a second chance thing yet because Motoyasu is so fucked up at that point is turns into a comedy.

What exactly was the cause of the teleportation event? It's been a long time since I read the series and I don't recall what it was.

Its so sad that Mushoku Tensei is arround much before whole fucking isekai meme and now even if its get anime it will be labeled as another isekai garbage.

Uh it's been ages but if I'm remembering right then something something time travel something one of the other guys from earth coming in something something it gets glossed over anyways.

>Rudeus never develops new spells and just rock shotgun gatlings everything
Alternate timeline rudi sounded very OP. Shouldn't you be glad the regular Rudi isn't a gary stu?

it involves time loopy shit after mtoyasu unlocks a special spear and he dies. everytime a hero dies, Motoyasu gets sent back to the time where they get all summoned. It repeats until raphtalia successfully breaks him out of the time loop.
The novels explore various what ifs, and show how wrong can things go if allowed to happen. For example If naofumi actually had gone through with the idea of going to another country early on, he would be killed mid-transport.

>The Spear Hero gaiden also gives a ton of details to how he actually achieves that difference almost like Shokugeki no Souma.
I want to believe volume 18 was inspired by SnS because it has a lot of cooking and stuff.

The user also forgot about two very important things. One, he simply didn't have time given there were plenty of chapters where he divided his day into 30 min here 1 hour there etc etc. Second, he naturally took the advice of Orsted aka strongest man in the world very seriously and just mastered a core arsenal instead of having a huge deck of flimsy cards and honestly it was the right call since what Rudy lacked wasn't his arsenal but his battle experience and instincts and he needed to fix that asap.

I mean MT was a series where the strongest guy in the world used less than 20 spells in the whole story and still managed to whoop everyone's ass. It's pretty fucking stupid to expect glass cannon Rudy to be like Yugi and pull out magic out of his ass at every turn.

The only real big upgrade worth considering but still needed to be approved by Orsted (Otherwise it's a risk of a waste of time, time he doesn't have to waste) would be using magic to biologically modify his body so he could finally use Touki, but that's basically unknown territory as far as we know given even Laplace never got around that limitation and Rudy was a human meaning his leeway to fuck with himself is pathetically small.

>For example...

This sound very much like Marvel "what if" where every thing that can go wrong , ends up even worse just to make a drama show.

Nah it's way better, cause it's a comedy. The situation is 'serious' to everyone including Motoyasu, but because Motoyasu is broken not only in the head but also because he resets with his decked out stats it's a very funny contrast to the original story.

Only people who for whatever reason don't read it for the humor and take it too seriously get butt blasted over it.

Wasn't this series intended to be a prequel to the author’s "real story"? Did that ever happen?

Yes, the author is slowly getting around to starting the new series.

Even if there was nobody would TL it. We've waited, what, more than a year for Volume 7 to just get finished and it's still not done.

Also, i heard the raphtalia i mentioned suffers a lot throughout the novels. Getting killed by motoyasu indirectly or indirectly, and even the naofumis of various time loops end up with someone else. I think the trip to the first demihuman country has naofumi ending up with Eclaire.

I really hate how they turned it into alternative universe so we would get punished Rudy, maybe sales are tanking too much

Yeah she ends up dying a lot, but it's still funny because at the end of the day she was already a god and therefore it didn't matter at all, she was like bitch goddess, dying only set her back, nothing else. I mean we already know it's a happy ending so what the fuck? Why would people be so angry at Raphtalia the team mom getting some harassment when everyone else bar the whale girl got done in by jokes during the main series? And whale girl gets a pass cause 1. Her animal form isn't attractive 2. she doesn't even get to be immortal and stay with Naofumi like tiger-chan does.

>they turned it into alternative universe so we would get punished Rudy

Manga only fag here, what happens after he finds his father?

The story diverges so there is no time travel

What do you mean? The Light Novel is going for the punished rudy story?

Maybe he means he wants the edgy punished Rudy story and hates the happy ending path the story took.

Ehm, right... no wait. I have no idea.
What does it mean that the story diverges. It looks like a complicated thing.

In the novels rudy went nuts after his wife turned into a rock.

And in the LNs now Atlas has a new roomate inside the shield. Y'know, the woman who was actually the spirit turtle's soul.

Btw, i disagree with Rpahtalia being the team mom, It was always naofumi. Shes more like the reponsable older sister. And sadina would be the slutty older sister.

Do the three other heroes ever become useful in shieldbro?

so the manga is still far far behind.

Nope. Naofumi was the dad. You might think he's the mom cause he's the cook, but Naofumi was literally the breadwinner when it came to money and shit, so he's definitely the dad. Raphtalia on the other hand was his support and was literally the one everyone feared (with exceptions) and kept everyone in line. That makes her the mom, especially when the only way Naofumi got pass her nagging was by coaxing.

>what happens after he finds his father?
Rudi goes back to Fittoa region and Ruijerd leaves the party there. There is some conversations with Rudi and Alphonse about what is going to happen to Eris and in the end Eris decides to train in the holy land of the swords. Before she leaves she fucks Rudi. Immediately after she leaves and Rudi got the misunderstanding that he got abandoned by her and becomes impotent. He travels to the northern regions of the central continent to find information about his missing mother. At some point he comes in contact with Elinalise (Paul's former party member) who was searching for him and lets him know his mother was found near the labyrinth city of lapan in begaritt continent. Elinalise convinces rudi to stay put and not go after his mother since paul was going to do that. Rudi settles down in ranoa kingdom and enters magic university thus begins the school arc.

All of the school arc through the marriage arc is crap. Sylphie worst girl. Roxy's return saved the series.

Yes we've read your opinion the last 500 MT threads user. Do you have anything new to add or is it just habitual triggering that needs to be done as catharsis for you?

So, the little elf become Char?

Do these threads even happen that often anymore?

Right down to beating down jobbers and spilling her spaghetti over Amurudi, yes.

No but the amount of threads since that opinion was posted definitely is around the 500 mark. It's been quite some years since MT ended.

Well it's an understandably popular opinion then

Dunno how him being a dad because he's the breadwinner be any different than being a mom because he cooks. But now that you mention it he's probably a bit of both since he does a lot of stuff. And yeah even though raphtalia nags him everytime, she also lets naofumi has his way at times because he's also right about stuff even if most of it is not correct for a hero to do. The nagging will not ever stop though.

Yeah at least after they get their asses kicked. Itsuki even has a redemption arc in volume 17 apparently

Kidnapping the two beast girls and scaring the piss out of them will forever be one of my favorite moments.

And that's because this isn't treated as an isekai but as an adventure fantasy show. The only relevance the isekai has here is in the mere beginning because there's no other way to jump-start such a story. That's basically the common denominator between the isekai shows that aren't complete garbage (konosuba, nazi loli, etc.), when the MC is fine with living in another world and just starts exploring and studying it instead of focusing on being homesick.

>The source material itself is shit
Wait, how can anyone deny this? Surely not even the most delusional weeaboo thinks some shitty Japanese light novel is an example of good literature?

Is this what you call chromatic aberration?

>Wanting NTR trash to get turned into an anime.

Because it's the image of a modern Japanese family where the dad is a beta while the mom is the one who wears pants. When Naofumi cooks he basically spoils them, it's not "eat your veggies" like a mom cook would be.

There is quite a bit of room between utter shit and quality literature.

The only time having a MC looking for a way to return can be good is if they want to make it a 2-way transportation, otherwise why waste the time that could be spent exploring.

>NTR trash
Did we read the same thing?

Good literature is subjective or example I think Shakespare is outdated trash that no longer qualifies as good literature and just about every book you'd find in a bookstore is better then it.

a bad attempt at that, yes.

I just started the asura arc, this has to be one of the best adventure fantasy series I have read. I'd imagine this would be a nightmare to adapt, even just the entire childhood arc would be rushed if it were only 13 episodes.

>Be Eris
>Goes on a journey to become stronger for her husbando.
>Endure years of brutal training and bearing the incredible loneliness of being away from him.
>Finally come back only to find out he has already married two women who he already loves much more then he will ever love you.
>Agree to be his wife because you can no longer imagine a life without him despite the fact that he will never be your one and only.
>Die throwing your life away for him.

>Be Rudy
>I met with Eris again.
>She said some incomprehensible stuff about forgiving me now or something or other.
>I didn't want to hear it so she suddenly hit me.
>Because she was getting way too annoying, I sent her flying with magic, and she drew her sword and attacked me, so I ran.

I don't know did we?

>modern japanese family
Oh well in that case yeah it makes sense.

user what kind of family did you think a modern Japanese MC written by a modern Japanese writer would adhere to? Not even Overlord is exempt from this.

This has to be bait.

Muscleneko is the best character

Oh please. Eris didn't give a shit. In face she raped him the night she came back. I think the family cat was there too.

any other family that wasn't japanese. That said, my family is also like that

Kek.