What do you think about Kare Kano, Sup Forums?

What do you think about Kare Kano, Sup Forums?

If you don't like KareKano, I don't like you. The manga isn't very good, but the anime is excellent.

I have not seen the anime, but the manga bored me as hell. Maybe it is the "origin" of modern Shoujo demography, but that did not quitted the fact that it was unentertaining and most of the conflicts solved badly.

In his favor I gotta say that the Way in which the relación of both characters evolved was pretty good. It is not like other shoujos in which both characters are 20 volumes until the guy grabs the girl's hand. I will not say more because of spoilers, but that is the most relevante thing of KareKano

It's pretty good.

needs a movie ending

Has of one of the best OPs ever.

Arima is as cute as ever.

>Maybe it is the "origin" of modern Shoujo demography, but that did not quitted the fact that it was unentertaining and most of the conflicts solved badly.
Nah, the origin of modern shoujo is Itazura na Kiss and Hana Yori Dango. They're like Saint Seiya and Dragon Ball of shoujo. Kare Kano is like Yu Yu Hakusho or Rurouni Kenshin

Arima is an emo jerk and he didn't deserve a cute girlfriend like Yukino

Excellent, but very unfinished.

You're right, he deserves a cute girlfriend like me instead. He should stay pure for our marriage.

>>>/tumblr/

It's amazing, one of the best anime I've ever seen. A masterpiece.

No?

More like KareKino. It's one of the best anime I've ever seen.

>i have two personalities

>The teeth girl

yes, it tethers out a bit towards the end. it's still one of the best shows of all time. my god, it was so funny and touching and good.

Really liked the manga up until Arima's mom got involved. Don't remember the anime much but it was mostly a straight adaptation as far as I recall until the abrupt ending. Don't know why Tsuda got so mad, it was the same shit.

>it was mostly a straight adaptation as far as I recall
absolutely not

What changed?

I think utter idiots watch it and make threads about it on Sup Forums because they watched Evangelion, and want to worship the director some more.

the story didn't change a lot, but the plot changed a ton.

is this a titties joke? no really what are you trying to say

read up on what story and plot mean, and then re-read tsuda's criticism, and then you'll understand. educate yourself.

NGE and Kare Kano have nothing in common besides directorial similarities because of Anno.
For the most part, it's a comedy. The drama is usually resolved within the episode.
I guess you could make the argument Arima is similar to Shinji, in the way they have serious paternal/maternal issues, but in Arima's case it's more of a weird angst.

I mean, you're still wrong, but okay.

12.5/10
For the longest time I never understood the collective wanking on Anno's talent as a director despite watching Eva but I finally joined in after watching this.

IT is interesting. Instead of the protagonist being the pure girl or the pretty boy it is the two-face egocentric bitch, a kind of character that usually would be an antagonist in a shoujo.

well, if you can't go without being spoonfed: the individual elements of the core story are mostly preserved intactly and presented in a sequence that more or less follows the manga. the actual mode of presentation, the tone, the pacing, the undertones, the framing, they're all 100% anime. anno was driving circles around tsuda's okay-ish but hardly unique shoujo manga. he infused it with gorgeous humor and he plucked at heartstrings.

Super cute and endearing. I'm only about halfway through though and I don't want to keep going because I hear it gets kind of dull after Anno was kicked off the staff

I feel bad that you felt the need to make this post about a show that's clearly to good for you.

Right, I get it, I don't agree. All of the elements present in the manga are present in the anime without much change. The anime is not funnier or more heartfelt than the manga because of directorial choice, I just found it a ho-hum adaptation. Something like Hataraku Maou-sama or Haruhi are good examples of a mediocre work elevated by proper direction. Just because it's Anno doesn't make it special.

The anime is superior by far, turned the over-the-top soap opera level story into something incredibly enjoyable, funny, but that still made you incredibly emotionally attached.

Maybe you only felt that way because you watched the anime first. I read the manga first and I was just bored watching the show.

The manga didn't get over the top until after the anime adaptation stopped though? It was practically a comedy for the exact duration that the anime was.

Yeah, I remember how the manga kept using external shots of power lines and school hallways as poetic representations of the relationships too. My favorite part of the manga was the meta-commentary that showed the characters being drawn. The anime didn't add anything at all.

>The anime is not funnier or more heartfelt than the manga because of directorial choice, I just found it a ho-hum adaptation. Something like Hataraku Maou-sama or Haruhi are good examples of a mediocre work elevated by proper direction. Just because it's Anno doesn't make it special.
i don't care that anno is the director. i disagree with your two examples being even close to the same ballpark as kare kano. hataraku maou-sama was competent and confident, but still an LN adaptation painfully following the novels down to the narrative breaks between the adapted volumes, and haruhi deserves merit on its structure, but i'm shaking my head IRL at your suggestion that they are in any way, shape, or form superior adaptations of their respective source material.

i read the manga first.

That is what I heard too. I'm stuck on 16 and I'm afraid of going on>

keep going. just treat the rest as an interesting experiment.

I know man. Two minor things completely redefined my experience, took that shitty 2/10 manga to an 11/10 masterpiece. Anno is truly the master.

>but i'm shaking my head IRL at your suggestion that they are in any way, shape, or form superior adaptations of their respective source material.
As am I at you, since it is very clear you did not read the LNs.

Yukino is the most me-like character I've come across. Definitely a huge self-insert.

i read all haruhi novels, and i didn't read the hataraku maou-sama novels. what now?

The last episode is pretty funny if you think about that the reason the production fell apart was because the mangaka demanded it to be closer to the manga.

What the fuck was his problem?
Is it normal in Japan for authors to think they have a say in someone else's creation? I think it's pretty unanimously understood that once an author passes on their work to a director it's no longer their own.

I relate to Arima a lot in some ways

Probably jealous Anno had managed to add so much depth to his shitty shoujo serial.

>the actual mode of presentation, the tone, the pacing, the undertones, the framing
That is not plot.

Don’t tell that to brainlesd film students.

Post tits or gtfo

I remember I liked it a lot when I first watched it when I was 14.
Seemed so deep and mature, while having lighthearted moments.
Good memoies.

We're all little girls here, faggot.

I liked it, but it also made me depressed.

>his

Arima is a rapist

Can't watch it now knowing that Arima literally raped Yukino.

it's good

He rapes her in the manga, not the anime.

It's total garbage. One of the worst written romances I've ever read. Only old gainax fans care about it and even then they only care about the anime presentation.

I read it many years ago, I barely remember it except for the ending because it made me go WTF, I just remember being bored out of my mind reading it and enjoying it only a bit more in the chapters that weren't about the two mcs.
I haven't watched the anime but since I didn't have a good impression of the manga I don't want to bother with it even if it turned out better than the source material.

The manga was amazing as a single volume read then stretches as the author stretches the plot out on the editor's prodding.

only after the mid 90s committee driven rights conglomerate model was adopted

does Gainax hate money, they are in debt aren't they? why won't they release a blu ray version?

I don't think is popular enough to make a BD version profitable. By the way, how well did Karekano sold at its time?

The concept is incredible, but I got bored mid-way and dropped it. Reading Horimiya felt like a re-visit, but was more appealing to me. Both are the most realistic approach to romance - focusing on their lives as a couple, progressing a individuals, getting to know each other better and overall growing up.