Golem Hearts

New WSJ Manga
jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/golem-hearts/en/0/1/page/1

Meh. The setting seems ok, but the MC is pretty boring and generic.

Guess the girl is appearing next chapter? This wasn't really bad, but I'm somehow not feeling it.

What did it kill?

I think Golem Hearts is going to try to be in the more touching way, like Kino's Journey. Let's see what happens. This looks very good.

What are the other 2 new series? Are they any good?

I'm liking this manga a lot

oh man...

Lycontepe is a gag manga about a cotton tomato dog in an Animal Crossing setting. It's remplacing Isobee

Fulldrive is a Ping Pong manga and...first chapter has been surprisingly awesome. Best first chapter in a 2017 Jump manga together with Dr.Stone.

Noah is adorable

I'm liking Noah and his creator a lot

I don't see this lasting more than 20 chapters.

You can't be serious. First chapter was complete thrash

The one shot was better

Liked this first chapter. Oneshot was better, but only because it had more action.

I think oneshot would be like chapter 4-5 here. For the moment, last page said Noah and Lamech are living together...a while more.

so its magic shit.

I thought with the brushes it would be paintiing shit, which would be more original

>Jaiminisbox

Noah looks younger than oneshot Noah (chapter 1 Noah here looked like 8-9 years old and oneshot Noah looked like 15 years old).

I wouldn't discard a timeskip showing Noah growth in next chapters. Author for the moment looks like he's going to mantain oneshot base

THIS IS THE NEXT ONE PIECE GUYS !!!!!1!1!1!11!

Revising oneshot I noticed Noah clothes in chapter 1 are the same as child Noah wore in the flashback he had in the oneshot, so I'm convinced this is going to be happening

flop

KUSO

THIS IS THE BOKU NO HERO ACADEMIA KILLER GUYS
BRIGHT FUTURE

the setting is interesting, but the characters are kinda meh, that can get better over time though
Marie, so no lost there

This is getting way too lewd way too fast

So there’s what, 5 battle shonen running at the same time? If this retains the magic/techno-magic setting it could probably siphon off BC’s audience

Garbage

Just read it, it gave me an early Prince of Tennis vibe, I hope they don't get superpowers halfway through

>Master: I will become the world’s best Magician
>Golem: Me too!
The master’s going to die isn’t he

If so, wouldnt he be older on the cover and the other images?

I had the same feeling about it.
Lamech was already showing some death flags.

>Orange suit

Awww shit you know they're serious when they bring that out, just like they forced Toriko.

Is Boku no Hero creating a new trend? Smiles, mentors and successors.

Could work if the golem is permanently happy and the sorceror is always goofy but that's not going to be the case.

It's going to get dark, every bad guy is going to have some troubled past, golem can get a new power every arc, will get 'serious' when facing the arc's bad guy.

tldr: bog standard SJ action series.

Is BnHA your first manga?

>We want BC to take Naruto’s place
>No, we actually this is the one
>No, actually this one
>Or this new series about magic golems
Someone shoot the new EiC, the guy is going to kill Jump by neglecting series with established readerbase in an effort to find a sleeper hit

The master should get killed off and the series should turn into an adventure series.

Dunno, maybe author wants to avoid showing 15 years old Noah for the moment

don't forget about the existential angst and what it means to be human

Lamech more like L'chaim

Who cares as long as One Piece, Haikyuu and Boku no generico keep printing cash.
Let the fucking guy experiment.

you mean like Jiraiya teaching Naruto and the will of fire being inherited, or genkai passing on her spirit orb to yusuke, or the billion mentors goku had?

Is that D.Dragon x Ball?

drstonefag is really pushing it, isn't he?

Aren't you guys too fast at criticing Golem Hearts saying is another generic Naruto? It's freaking chapter 1, just wait at least five-six more chapters to see how it's going to develop

Hell, I remember oneshot wasn't criticed when we commented that in January

Why are they even looking for a new naruto in the first place?
Hero academia seems to fit in pretty well

Naruto is not about a child training to be the Jiraya's successor. YYH is not about a teenager training to be Genkai's successor. DB is not about a monkey training to be Kame's successor. None of these series is based on the relationship between apprentice and mentor.

Because a one-shot can be judged as a one-shot. This now somehow has to become a series.

Don't you know? If you like a single Jump manga you HAVE to shit on the rest of them. Sarcasm aside, i liked the one-shot and this was a typical "first chapter" so i'm going to keep an eye on it desu. Also the mc is cute!

I like this chapter, easily the best of the three. Hope it keep being good.

Those symbols on his face looks like crap, who the fuck thought that was a good idea?

>the Jewish battle shounen is going to kill the American battle shounen
Checks out.

>Jewish
?

The Promised Neverland is Boku no Hero Killer

Golems are from Jewish folklore, user.

Am I the only one who thinks the ''I'm going to be the (second) best scholar in the world'' is in this case a more spiritual thing? Like when Chopper said ''I'm going to become the best doctor of the world''

Ignoring the meme they're are nothing alike.

It's a rule: all battle shonen MC (post-Dragon Ball) must have some mark on his face. Luffy has a scar, Naruto has cat whiskers, Deku has freckles.

That's what they said about Hungry Marie.

I’m not sure if the EiC is simply looking for another hit or he’s just looking for something with similar setting (Magic-something)

If he’s truly looking for a huge hit like Naruto (hit both inside and outside moonland like SnK recently) then he’s foolish.

Sounds like a huge death flag to be honest

>Is Boku no Hero creating a new trend?
no, just riding an old as fuck trend like 90% of WSJ mangas

Gon, Ichigo and Tsuna don't have shit.

I give it 12 weeks before getting canned.

just wait for neverland anime

Wasn't there a one shot on this like a year ago?

I feel weird when Bleach is listed next to Naruto and OP as Dragon Ball "inspired" mangas, Bleach is pretty similar to mangas like yu yu hakusho or Saint Seiya, but it have almost nothing from Dragon Ball.

Dude just wants to be rich and not to be treated like shit.

one is in constant hiatuses and the other 2 had shit endings, so there is that

Because they are not the MCs.

and Tsuna is a mistake

early Bleach had a weird feeling and tone, similar to Shaman King in some way,

It looks pretty good.
I like sensei, he reminds me of Hiluluk.

How long before he dies?

when MC need his first big power-up

kek I thought the same thing even in the one off

I hope he evades every death flag and survives to the end of the manga. I really like Doc.

well, Muten Roshi and Urahara lived until the very end, so there is a chance.

Is Hiluluk real name Hirk?

Am I the only one who's thinking in them?

It's giving me Fairy Tail vibes for some reason. We'll see though

So in the one shot his master was actually competent, but in the manga his master is a clown?

There was nothing about him dying in the one-shot so he might survive.

I'm not seeing it.

This is a more accurate comparison.

>Smiles, mentors and successors
Literally One Piece do that way more and way better than Boku no Pico Academia, and it isn't the first to do it either. Is like saying something like robotxlaser beam invented sports mangas.

Pretty sure he was dead or hinted at being dead in the one shot.

Toriko was actually good. Shame it didn't catch on.

So will anyone dumb first chapter?

Dump*

>Kid relies on a second person to use Golem magic
>Can only have his normal strength and speed without it
Guess that's a good way to stop him from getting to OP.

That’s not going to happen until 2018 or 2019, unless Jump secretly plans to announce a Neverland anime in this year’s jump festa

Oh dear, again...

How often do one shots become a series?

fairly frequent, most series were one shots at some point, IIRC One Piece had 3

Seems ok. I like both main characters.

>joining him by making a number 1 finger
This was unexpectedly cute

There won't be a booth for Neverland at jump festa so a 2019 release at the earliest

That's funny, because I never read YuYu Hakusho due to how much it reminded me of Dragon Ball. Bleach is definitely further removed from Dragon Ball. I'd call Togashi and Kishimoto "students" of Toriyama and Araki, while Kubo is a student of Togashi and Araki, and Oda is just a student of Toriyama. Does that make any sense? So, Bleach is a bit further removed from Naruto and even further removed from One Piece. Reborn and D.Gray-man were students of Bleach; I think Kubo is a more attractive mangaka to female audiences than Oda/Toriyama and their manchild traditionalism or Kishimoto/Togashi and their sterile boy paradise. Horikoshi seems like a student of all of them. Although the gimmick of BnHA comes from America and the values expressed are unabashedly Western, he clearly grew up with and loves the entire history of battle shounens.

I thought Bleach's ending was fine, but I was also not heavily invested in it. Forgive me if this sounds like I'm criticizing you, but I think a lot of people put too much importance on story. A weekly action comic book is not meant to be the Shawshank Redemption, it's an action-adventure serial, and like serials, the story exists purely as an excuse to show exotic environments, exciting battles, some comedy, a man's romance. In the end, they get what they want, because who cares? It's about the journey, not the destination. When the adventure ends, the need for a story ends. Might as well have them grow up and send that message to kids, that they too should grow up.

>this meme