Devilman Crybaby

Are you ready for Yuasa's next masterpiece?

youtube.com/watch?v=ww06yGPM7Kc

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/923877957629722625
twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/923883263059312640
theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/05/night-is-short-walk-on-girl-review-anime
theguardian.com/culture/2017/oct/25/perfect-blue-review-cult-anime-satoshi-kon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Yuasa's next masterpiece?
He never had any.

I want a Yuasa masterpiece every year.

It is kind of crazy he went from 4 years between Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong to releasing 2 movies and a TV series within around a year.

The 2 movies are already out, surprised nobody discussed them in this board.

Lu is pretty good, I can see people really liking it. deserved the award.

Nobody discusses movies on Sup Forums until they get pirated and subtitled which neither have been yet. I saw Night is Short in cinema a few weeks back, going to the Lu when it comes out in a month or so in my country.

This is your Ryo tonight.

How hard will they crank up the bromolust in this release?

twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/923877957629722625

Crazy the series is almost finished production 2 days ago and it isn't even going to air until 2018.

twitter.com/DevilmanCryBaby/status/923883263059312640

Never realised it was 10 episodes long though.

I'm interested - I have a feeling it's gonna capitalise on how the whole manga feels like a weird fever dream of sorts.

>Yuasa
>masterpiece
Pretty sure fucking hipster

The only person being a hipster here is you. Literally disliking directors that receive critical acclaim because they do.

and just like that, my expectations come crashing down.
and I just finished watching devilman vs cyborg 009, really loved the artstyle

Apparently they are longer than regular anime episodes at 25 minutes so it is in fact equivalent to the length of for example Ping Pong so I wouldn't pay too much attention to the episode count being shorter than normal.

The design choices for the characters I quite like them, don't have anything in particular to be unhappy about but I understand some fans of the franchise are upset because "no sideburns".

They get an anime adaptation by one of the best directors in the business and get upset over no sideburns. Seriously.

>and get upset over no sideburns. Seriously.
it not the sideburns themselves. I could care less about the sideburns. its the designs themselves maybe because its a still frame of ryo being distorted because of movement but he looks bad, he looks like that faggot lemon bomb dude from bungou stray dogs.

Who cares about Devilman. Where are the fucking subs for his new movie? That's the important matter right now.

>critical acclaim
>anime

It looks like trash, meme director ruined Devilman with meme cartoon artstyle

Indeed, as in winning awards at animation festivals all over the world.

Nice meme opinion.

the fact that anime fans are rejecting masaaki yuasa purely for his art style shows how retarded anime fans are

>anime fans
You should probably just say a subset of Devilman fans there.

its not just devilman fans though, people criticized/refused to watch ping pong and tatami galaxy for the same reasons.

True but there are still tons of people who rank those shows among the best ever.

>the guardian rating this movie a 3
theguardian.com/film/2017/oct/05/night-is-short-walk-on-girl-review-anime
such shit taste of them

if there's such a huge amount why am i barely seeing anyone talking about lu over the wall and the night is short walk on girl. if yuasa had the fanbase he deserved there would be subs much sooner than a vague '2 months' as well

Fansubs are dead and nobody talks about anime films until they are pirated on Sup Forums.

>ping pong
>his artstyle

his fans are just as bad

it honestly pisses me off that yuasa gets barely any publicity but kimi no na wa gets hyped out of proportion

Yuasa won both Annecy and OIAF, he's doing fine

>Are you ready for Yuasa's next masterpiece?
Of course. He's never disappointed me.

yeah its obviously drawn from the manga but name anyone other than yuasa who would be able to/willing to adapt it faithfully. (u cant)

Maybe I need to rewatch it but Night Is Short wasn't as good as I had hoped. The plot and humour was just a bit too silly and frivolous for me despite liking the themes, visual presentation, characters and fast pace. The tone felt different to how it came off in Tatami Galaxy quite a bit.

I think Lu sets a new standard, now thats a film, Shinkai BTFO.

The guy gave fucking Perfect Blue a 3 the other day. He is a moron. The only anime that is ever going to get a decent score from him is probably Ghibli.

theguardian.com/culture/2017/oct/25/perfect-blue-review-cult-anime-satoshi-kon

But it was based on book right?

>I think Lu sets a new standard
I'm dying to see this one.

This is Sup Forums after all

What's so good about it?

>both of the titles have "anime" in them

See people like this aren't worth listening too. They are always reviewing "just an anime film". You know as in its just an anime film so can't possibly be considered as anything other than a cute novelty from those weird Japanese folks.

But devilman was a steaming pile of shit bro

SUBS WHEN

I'm pretty sure everyone else in that thread thought that guy was a massive faggot.

Otome was better. Only missed out on the meme award because it wasn't nominated for it in the first place.

The plot is too stupid and generic from start to end. Characters don't get enough development to justify the sudden changes in their attitudes. It just seems contrived. It's not bad, but it's not better than Otome.

I BET YOU CAN'T SEE WHY I'M DOING THIS

BUT I'M NOT IN IT FOR MONEY

You know it lad.

I'm cautiously optimistic. The manga looked goofy but the story was fantastic. The 80s OVAs were about as close to a perfect of an adaptation as you can get. And Devilman itself is one of the most iconic series in anime/manga history, which means if Yuasa fucks this up EVERYONE will pile on him for it, and he knows that.

Okay, someone explain to me why Devilman was so popular?

I've seen people comment it took balls for Go Nagai to make the manga in 70s Japan, I'm genuinely interested why that is.

>but certain scenes are extra uncomfortable in the Weinstein era

Write a proper rebuttal instead of whining.

Lol

haha holy shit
How can you be that dense

>someone explain to me why Devilman was so popular?
It's fun.

Are you unironically saying vs 009 had a better looking Ryo than this one? Cover the hair with your fingers and be honest with yourself.

>that faggot lemon bomb dude from bungou stray dogs
Why did you have to remind me of that shit show and made me associate it with Devilman? I won't be able to unsee it ;_;

When Ping Pong was announced i doubt he could manage well a spokon. The anime was marvellous so this time i will not doubt abous is capacity to create an action anime

Devil Woman