Franken Fran

Seeing as Halloween is approaching, I'm gonna re-dump an old favorite of mine from the horror genre. Hold on to your livers folks!

Fran is my waifu

Thanks OP, this is one of my favorites too.

Is she still sleeping down there, Sup Forums?

Probably. She's finally with the professor, at least.

Let her rest user.

I was under the impression that scene was moments before

Veronica saved her.

Damn, forgot the autopost timer.

Ohh fuck boy I love me some franken fran

I just realized how great a prequel centered around Dr. Madaraki would've been. Shame the author decide to stop with Franken Fran.

It really is a shame that the author stopped when he did. There was so much more ground he could have covered, like the deeper points of bioethics.

Don't you just love that maniacal look in her eyes?

Oi! I need some replies here, or this thread is gonna fall off the board!

Fine

Arigatou.

And here we have Okita, the only sane organism in the Maderaki household.

thanks user

One of the little things I love about this is how the medical procedures almost sound feasible but are still horrifying. There's a lot of thought put into them.

Hate it when artists try to make a place seem dark and textures without using values, it ends up making the place just look grungy and dirty.

>I really put my heart into this book
Boy does that make me glad I'm not working with the physical version of this.

Has the author worked on anything besides this and Helen ESP?

I fucking love the character design of that cat man. I FUCKING love that dude.

Somehow the artist discovered the the Platonic Form of a bro's appearance, took its head and then put it on a cat's body. You can tell from the moment he appears that this guy's a fuckin' cool dude.

Maybe it's just that I know too much, but to me this sounds absolutely bonkoid. The power source for the brain is the heart. You couldn't even pump enough blood to support two brains without completely redoing the entire circulatory system. Plus neurotransmitters, etc.

But what can Cat Man Do?

Time for Fran to get freaky

Cat Man's also able to remove his own head and place it on top of a really hot human body that Fran provides him in another episode. I wanna have a heartfelt romance with that guy where I'm confused and out of my element whilst he explains to me what's going on while being condescending and yet caring at the same time.

I wanna suck 'is dick, is what I'm saying.

Goddamnit Fran, you just HAD to go and do it, didn't you?

You might ask how the fuck Fran is able to hold any business at all if she does all this insane bullshit but you need to remember that Franken Fran would only show you the most interesting things that she does. It seems almost certain to me that these events shown her only happen once or two every few years, whilst in the meantime she does normal shit like sex changes and limb replacements.

I WANT TO HUG VERONICA!

Yeah, I was under the impression that she's an excellent, if unorthodox surgeon 99% of the time, but the manga is like a catalog of her greatest fuck-ups.

Not that she would think of them that way.

Is there anything else like Franken Fran out there?
The gore, the dark humor, the psychological aspect, it's all perfect. Sorry for asking to be spoonfed, but I haven't found anything like it in years.
Also thanks for dumping OP

I have never found anything quite like Franken Fran in all the years I've been reading manga. Parasyte and Tokyo Ghoul aspire to it, maybe, but they both kinda miss the mark.

Not as much fuck-ups as they are the bizarro solutions she comes up with to other peoples' virtually impossible requests. We have 'bring someone back from the dead' to stuff that doesn't sound like too big of a deal until you think about it like 'stop all the boys in our highschool from perving on us.'

Other shit like the one where the nerd wanted to look tougher aren't really messed up *that* badly if you ask me. They're more funny that outright horrifying like the others are supposed to be.

Why boner

Oh don't worry, the real fun is about to begin!

What about that time she turned US military personnel into disgusting dog human abominations though

Wasn't she asked to make super soldiers or something?

Probably the author's repressed anger over WWII.

Though oddly enough, FF is one of the few manga that admits, in some way or another, to the Japanese atrocities.

HENSHIN!

Probably because the author isn't a Jingoistic faggot who think that's their homeland is always victimized and never does anything wrong.

I try not to fault other people for the lies they've been fed.

For the most part, where information is no longer nationalized and tonnes and tonnes of media saying you shouldn't trust what your government tells you being wildly popular, it's almost always that person's fault for ignoring it for the sake of an easy-to-think fantasy where they can trust their government like they trusted their parents when they were kids.

I'm not a pretentious Rick and Morty fan I swear.

Actually, out of all of the chapters, this is probably among the ones that Fran is most culpable for. And even by her own standards, since it cost an innocent and upstanding young man his life. Her failure to check the quality of her workmanship and her decision to release the patient so quickly without further observation is really inexcusable.

Well, yeah, I mean Fran is a bit of a dummy. But stuff like "I wanna be a girl instead of a boy" or "Can you reattach my legs?" are of a way different ballpark than this.

It's one of a kind mix of sci-fi, guro and humour that you just can't seem to replicate. The balance between light-hearted moment and pure fuckery is done really well.
But the most striking element it has that others don't have, if I must describe it, is moe-guro.

I don't think you understand Japanese society very well. There's a heavy system of implicit censorship and societal norms that stifle dissent. Calling it a free country is something of a stretch, in my opinion.

It's more like, the 3rd person follows Fran and her crazy shit to hear what she thinks about the going's on, but is still disconnected enough to show all the scary shit. It's not as much moe as Fran and her friends think it's no big deal.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure if she's ever been shown to swing *any* way. Clearly she understands sexuality, but she herself seems pretty asexual.

No, I think there is moe, but it's all in the art style of Fran and Veronica, and it's quite jarring when counterpoised with their actions.

Best officer coming through.

God, it keeps reminding me of Ito's Tomie. That's the one story that genuinely unsettled me, man. It sets my anxiety off its hinges.

Kind of wish this one had an actual happy ending but I guess it cant be helped.

She and Veronia were created to be pure waifus, after all. Then the professor got tired of purity and made Gavril.

Some do, some don't. Just like life.

At least her baby is cute and healthy.

The Professor is somewhere inbetween Fran and Gavril. From what little we've seen of him, he's brilliant, amoral, and single-minded. The prototypical mad scientist.

>the mindbreak begins