Digimon

So after having to go through many episodes of that watered down armor evolution crap, how hyped were you when this happened?
youtube.com/watch?v=5yjs4prTj0E

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MVajeXwlcGE
youtu.be/LU4dEBuW6jo?t=36s
youtube.com/watch?v=IEx-NWQBZ_U
youtube.com/watch?v=CySGjCDaRy4
youtube.com/watch?v=XDVMGB-MSkg
youtube.com/watch?v=9h_3QejHT7Y
youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7S-qo8Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=wEeEwWKuklo
youtube.com/watch?v=WXr8TLcyCAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Too bad the episode was about a urinating tortoise

Threadly reminder that Taichi and the others strait up murdered V-mon and Wormmon without any question on why their ally is trying to kill them.

RIP pieces V-mon.

What was wrong with armor evolution again?

I didn't give a shit, Daisuke, Miyako and Iori were boring as fuck, I just wanted to see more of the old casts.

You just think that because you are a racist that thinks all Imperialdramon look the same, it wasn't the one

So we went from incest (Taikari) to this?
What happened?

Obviusly robosexuality is the next thing to be legalized after incest, digimon is just really ahead of time

But they do.

>we still don't have a human/Digimon couple
Very problematic desu.

Digimons are for sex not romance

>implying I wouldn't groom my Lilithmon from the moment I hatch her from an egg

Angewomon are ment for marrying.

>dub

It's Digimon user. They are meant for platonic love. You are why Yggdrasil wants to destroy our world.

If wanting to marry you're partner is wrong then I don't want to be right.

Not especially.

See, the thing about XV-mon is that, if I'm being completely honest about my opinion? It's not as cool as Fladramon. So when it dawned on me that XV-mon would now be V-mon's go-to combat form, I can't help but feel disappointed.

It's a bit less stable. Rough 'em up too much and they'll revert back. But the real biggest issue with it is that it doesn't allow a Digimon to proceed to a higher form.

To add to this, I feel like V-mon's coolest potential evolutions are probably Fladramon, Magnamon and UlforceV-dramon. Even then, though, Fladramon is just Discount WarGreymon, Imperialdramon Dragon Mode and UlforceV-dramon is clearly pretty heavily derived from WarGreymon itself in terms of its overall design philosophy.

V-dramon is ugly as sin. AeroV-dramon is V-dramon with wings so it's still ugly as sin. XV-mon looks really fucking bland. Paildramon also looks ugly as sin. Dinobeemon looks like it's in never-ending agony. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is as if they took Omegamon, and decided to make it look more generic. I'm not gonna say that Omegamon is the most visually interesting Digimon design, but it does have things that catch your eye. Imperialdramon Fighter Mode is like, yeah. It's basically just a dragon knight robot. That's as distinct as it could be. And Paladin Mode is LITERALLY a recolor with a sword thrown in.

Speaking of Imperialdramon, I feel like it's one of the most flawed Digimon in terms of design. No real thought was put into how it would move or fight. Take Dragon Mode for instance. There is literally no way for that thing to actually move around and fight. Its anatomy simply wouldn't allow for it. It's a biped, but it's too large and heavy to really use them properly. All it can do it fly around and shoot its laser. And Fighter Mode? Also flawed. It's a giant dragon knight man, but BOTH of its special moves involve FIRING LASERS. The thing has absolutely no close-ranged combat ability. Why on Earth would you design it like that? That's pretty much all it did, fly around and shoot things. Paladin Mode is worse, though, because it has the complete opposite problem. It has a sword almost as large as it does, but due to its anatomy and the sheer size of the thing, there's no way for it to fight aside from straight downward strikes and stabs. Because you can't expect something with Imperialdramon's body to gracefully swing a sword as long as it's tall with any level of grace.

Not particularly. The most hype moment of Adventure 02 was when HolyAngemon finally showed up again to fight Black WarGreymon.

Fuck off faggot, Flamedramon is one of my favorite digimon and the Armor evolution song was amazing. Though I have to admit it was nice hearing Brave Heart again, only this time for the new digimon.

youtube.com/watch?v=MVajeXwlcGE
Hypest scene from Zero Two

I think a bigger issue is that, look. Let's be real. The original Adventure Child>Adult evolution template was bland as fuck.

>Agumon spins
>Spins faster
>Turns into Greymon
>Finishes spinning

Armor Evolution was just more interesting to look at.

That was alsot more or less the start of angels losing their prominence in the grand scheme of powerlevels. In Adventure, it was strong enough to give Piemon a hard time. Here, it got beaten by BlackWarGreymon without too much problem.

Nah dude, AeroVeedramon is more refined than Veedramon and Paildramon actually has cool face. XV-mon's problem is not so much being bland (though it is a bit), but more so being a case of "just gets bigger".

Well, yeah, that too.

I don't like AeroV-dramon because its original template is still the ugly V-dramon. V-dramon is not a very appealing design. Frankly I don't know what they were thinking. And as far as Perfect-level Digimon go, AeroV-dramon is pretty underwhelming. It looks more like an Adult than a Perfect.

>extreme Jihad
Top lel

The amount of fan-service Adventure 02 had made it my favorite season.

>B-Buh Frontier's 2deep4u

Fuck off. Why should people give a shit about story in a product placement anime?

I shit my pants as a kid once they got rid of that armor bullshit and added fusions. Keep in mind, this is before DBZ's version of fusion was brodcasted overseas.

It really is a flawed design though. Why would you give it both an arm-cannon AND a chest cannon? And I still feel it looks incredibly generic. It doesn't really stand out in any way.

The fact that this thing, or rather its recolor, is the King Arthur to the Royal Knights' Knights of the Round Table makes me feel a deep sense of disappointment.

I don't know man. Digimon's armored-animal designs have always been pretty lame and uninspired.

At least it came out better than Omnimon who literally had heads for arms and don't get me started on WarGrowlmon.

A major testament to the flawed nature of its design is none other than the Diablomon Strikes Back film, where it's supposed to be the centerpiece. Look at Omegamon's fight and then look at Imperialdramon in both its forms.

Omegamon is a sacrificial lion in this film. It exists to lose. But its fight scene is just plain more interesting to look at. The way it weaves around on the water with quick and fluid movements was pretty nice to look at. Compare to Imperialdramon, who had far less pretty animation devoted to it. Because all Fighter Mode can do is fly and shoot things (as all three of its signature abilities involve shooting beams) and all Paladin Mode does is drop down from the sky holding its sword out and stabbing without really moving its body much.

Omegamon has a distinct design, which ends up working well for it.

>Compare to Imperialdramon, who had far less pretty animation devoted to it. Because all Fighter Mode can do is fly and shoot things (as all three of its signature abilities involve shooting beams) and all Paladin Mode does is drop down from the sky holding its sword out and stabbing without really moving its body much.
It's a shame because the transformation scene from Veemon and Wormmon to Imperialdramon was pretty cool looking actually. Even the fly-by of Dragon-mode and mode change to fighter mode was nicely done.

As excited as I am about tri.

I mean it was something that happened in episode 2 of the previous series and only further highlighted how nerfed all of 02 is.

Is that really a problem? Shine Greymon and the Royal Knights are just as big and cumbersome but had decent close range fights in Savers. Imperialdramon should be strong enough to just punch an opponent before frying them with positrons.

Mexican here, I hate how the digimon had the same voices in champion and rookie mode in the japanse dub, they are 10ft monsters with girls voices,makes no sense.
youtu.be/LU4dEBuW6jo?t=36s

It is because special attacks are really everything in this series, especially back then. While not as bad as it was in the first series, special attacks generally dictate a Digimon's fighting style. This is the case no matter what series it is.

So when you give Imperialdramon literally NOTHING but laser attacks, you're basically holding it back. Also, its design isn't flexible at all. The animators need to constantly take into account the positioning of the shoulder pauldrons or the fact that its legs are functionally awful. Otherwise it wouldn't look right.

In Japan, voice actors are generally a bigger deal than they are in other countries. No matter what form it takes, the character is still the same character, so they should have the same voice throughout. That's the basic logic behind it.

You went and hired these amazing voice talents to voice these characters, and you're not even gonna have them voice all the characters' lines? And the VAs for the Digimon were all famous veteran VAs even back then, so they were even less inclined to change them up in-between scenes. Not to mention, they don't even talk that much in fight scenes, so what are you gonna do? Hire different actors for each character JUST to voice fights?

And at any rate, Japan's always been less afraid to hire female voice actors to voice male characters. The important thing is the skill and tone, not the actual sound. Even if Agumon evolves into Greymon or WarGreymon, it's still the same Agumon on the inside. Its soul and mind are still the same.

Besides, Digimon from Adult-stage and up rarely talk with their mouths anyway. They always talk telepathically.

God, I fucking love Omnimon.

>164057742
>omnimon

Im a guy and I can make a childish voice and a tough tone for a seconds to scream an attack name.
But I get what you say.

why does burgers alway fuck digimon for the rest?

So fucking hyped because I thought I would see my nigga Angemon more often.
But nope.

Well they do change tones for when they evolve. But the fact that Sakamoto's a woman doesn't actually change.

And at any rate, I think the voices are fine anyway. I know some people don't care for Nozawa's performance for Guilmon, but I felt she really did well. She was perfect as Guilmon, yet the dignity and grace she portrays as Dukemon really hit the mark as well. I can understand criticisms towards the sign of her voice, but I cannot really criticize her performance and skill.

>DIGIMON DIGITAL MONSTERS DIGIMON ARE THE CHAMPIONS
How can people have lived with this instead of butter-fly and brave heart?

Everything is stock footage because Digimon are too hard to draw. But they can make it work. Imperialdramon has fucking limbs with joints. The animators just didn't want to use them like with other Digimon like Garudamon. If walking hunks of metal like Mugendramon and Jesmon can be animated to move, then there's no reason Imperialdramon can't just step on someone. Even Magnamon punched stuff despite his colossal shoulders.

I feel like Magnamon is slightly less encumbered by the fact that its leg joints aren't that of an action figure's.

That said, I feel like such a stiff fighting style wouldn't look so good. Because when you really get down to it, Imperialdramon is really a character designed primarily just to stand there and look pretty. The important part was how "cool" it looked. It's a little like how some Kamen Riders are designed with looks in mind first while forgetting that a human being is actually supposed to be in that. And I feel that it really is just a thoughtless design no matter how you slice it, because THREE beam attacks can't be described as anything but excessive.

So I'm finally watching Frontier. Missed the beginning of it as a kid because it switched channels/timeslots and never really got into it.
It's not bad, but why is it so ugly? Backgrounds all look so roughly drawn compared to prior seasons. What previously looked painted looks hastily sketched. Colors are flat and simple, and there are hardly any shadows. Tamers looked SO much better than this. Were there major budget cuts or something?

Except it doesn't have to be stiff because it's a bunch of drawings, not real physical objects. Metal Garurumon is literally missiles and lasers but could still fight like a wolf for the few instances someone wanted to draw it.

The issue is the shape of it. For instance, if you had a character who had no arm joints move their arms as if they did, it would look off, right?

Animators have to follow the rules of the design too. So for instance, just imagine Imperialdramon in your mind. Imagine it as it is. Now try to imagine it pulling off swift, fluid movements and utilizing close-range combat techniques.

Personally, it's a bit difficult for me to imagine it because its design just isn't really ideal for that sort of thing.

I imagine it moving like half the mecha shows I've seen because they omit details and cheat all the time.

Toei's not really that good at that. The one time we saw SaintGalgomon use Kung Fu, it looked incredibly stiff and ugly.

Which would be better as my first digimon game?
Digimon World: Next Order or Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth?

But Flamedramon provided good faps.

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth it plays like an old school FF game and is also getting a sequel next year.

I grew up on that, and it took some real effort to get used to the original opening.
Even today that awful song is a guilty pleasure of mine.

With tri. i hope we were going to see stuff like Ulforce V-dramon or whatever comes after XV-mon

Brave Heart's better in a vacuum but the English version has always been better in context for me.

Especially for Digimon the Movie. Way better soundtrack than anything Japan's put out, and a better movie to boot. To this day I haven't seen the Japanese versions, and I never intend to. I saw Omnimon's scene in Japanese once and I nearly threw up.

>Especially for Digimon the Movie. Way better soundtrack than anything Japan's put out, and a better movie to boot.
Pretty weak dude.

Can we all agree that this Omegamon thing slipped out of their hands?

Is this bait? I want to believe it is, but I know there are people out there that actually believe this. Clumsily grafting the OK Digimon Adventure movie and the horrible Hurricane Touchdown/Golden Digimentals onto the masterpiece that is Our War Game! is a fucking travesty.

I guess it really matters what you grew up on. I managed to grow up to the original opening with dubspeak due to being a seanigger so with respect to the anime I got the best of both worlds.
(You) got me.

JP Guilmon is so damn adorable.

This evo was so epic
youtube.com/watch?v=IEx-NWQBZ_U

>opening gets used in the evolution theme
way too good
youtube.com/watch?v=CySGjCDaRy4

was this some of the best cgi in the time
youtube.com/watch?v=XDVMGB-MSkg

how can anyone like the digimon rap?

Hey guys I know you're super into the Japanese stuff and that's fine

But Digimon the Movie is basically the best piece of Digimon media to me. Excellent voice acting, good dialogue, good animation, great music, and of COURSE Angelamon.

It's just everything great about my childhood slapped together into a magical package.

youtube.com/watch?v=9h_3QejHT7Y

Look at that how can you not get pumped from that

And there's literally no justification for the shitty chanting music in Omnimon's scene, that's stupid. The English version is so much better.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPR7S-qo8Ag

>Angelamon
Why did you have to remind me.

I can't believe it's been almost two decades and Tri has worse CGI than Adventure. They seriously haven't managed to top the Warp Evolutions since then.

it's less about the rap itself and more about its remixes, see the omnimon clip above

plus they were amazing at timing it sometimes and that *record scratch* d-d-d just fucking destroyed you with hype

maybe i dont get it because i dont grow up with that i cant stand that song

Is sakuyamon the only one with her own divievolve theme?
youtube.com/watch?v=wEeEwWKuklo

also why cange matrix to biomerge the name is literraly display there

What the fuck did they do to Noir?! What's going on?! Is this a joke?!

they change her color to not offend burgers because religious themes

So how many people think Tri will end with the return of the 02s?

But women dress as sexy/slutty nuns for Halloween, no one in Murrika gives a shit.

go tell that shit to bamco for making the censorship

They're dead. Get over it.

>and the horrible Hurricane Touchdown/Golden Digimentals
Oh no one's defending that

But if you remove that shit, then the rest of the movie feels better. Especially the BGM

What's to get over? I'd rather they STAY gone.

why is this not dub?

I hope not. Just say that they survived off screen or whatever and don't waste any time on them.

>tfw grew up with Finnish dub
>voice actors were hot garbage, but it kept original Japanese script and soundtrack

That alone makes me appreciate it a lot more than whatever murricans did. Shame that the movie was localized straight from there, with changed names and all sorts of stuff that didn't make sense in context

What about edgymon?

Not even edgy enough

No one remember X-Antibody

Good

Bitch please.

alter-b has some sexy legs

I'm looking forward to going full edgelord hacker in Cyber Sleuth 2. All my favorite edgymons not in the first game made it in this time

>Just dark/gunmetal isn't enough
>We have to go further
>Red highlights? Close, but not quite. EDGIER
>Smoke, red lightning, and needless black bandages
Have we did it? Have we reached peak edge?

>Have the torn cape resembled a devil horn
>Be even more skeleton-like than the original Omegamon
MAXIMUM EDGE

like this
youtube.com/watch?v=WXr8TLcyCAk

yeah. 02 did pretty badly so frontier was the 'you only exist to brainstorm new merch designs for us' series

NO is pretty tedious unless your hardcore into the monster raising sim aspect, especially if one of your mons dies and rebirths a couple in-game days before the other

the kingdom hearts cloud of digimon

>He's a second-year middle schooler

there you go

Did someone mention edge?

she's closer to pastel goth than outright edge

maybe even soft grunge

Is that so?

I never got seriously into Digimon after watching quite a lot of it on TV as a kid but I've been wondering, the powerlevels go as far as god-tier right?

strongest digimon can hack reality, yes