The soul society arc was the greatest single shounen arc of all time

>the soul society arc was the greatest single shounen arc of all time
>Sup Forums thinks it can debate this

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8-uacd5qB4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

This should have been a 1 cour monster of the week show.

No fuck you it was only ok because the upcoming shitter arcs did not exist yet and it fooled us into thinking Bleach was going to be good. Now it looks god damn retarded and pointless in retrospect of the boring hacky nonsense that was the majority of this awful comic

>He actually believes this.
Your shit taste is showing
No shonen arc in the world can top Raoh's arc.

If you believe that, you'll probably want to watch this. It's the most interesting video about early Bleach that I've seen in years.

youtube.com/watch?v=8-uacd5qB4k

>climaxed with renruki becoming a thing

You're absolutely right.

What was the best Reborn arc, user? Seems like you are an expert on terrible shitty shonen

Not when the Chunin Exams exist.

That had everything from the forest of death to the exam fights, Orachimaru taking out the Hokage and Naruto chasing after Gaara.

Soul society is kinda shitty because the only person you look forward to is Ichigo, you can't even pretend there was anything outside his fights were interesting.

I've been meaning to ask this for years now. Early Naruto - watch or read? Back in the day I dropped it after like 20 episodes, I just couldn't deal with the shit pacing. It took them like 11 episodes just to win the fight against the first boss and his girl.

>Girl

Not even the best rescue arc

Don't delude urself, that arc was when Ichigo asspulled the bankai

Shows how much I cared. Fucking zero.

See idk, some early Naruto fights had some nice Sakuga so read and watch the fights on YouTube that edit out the soppy backstory

Ishida's part was good.

If only Athena was likable like Rukia.

Nah fuck that guy, the second opening made you think he was gonna fight the ice manlet

Ichigo's bankai is garbage.

>bleach
>better than fermented buffalo diarrhea
also
>rurouni kenshin shishio arc

>sm/a/ll child thinks big three are anything but dog shit
Saiyan saga kiddo

>the Chunin Exams
You mean the blatant hunter exam ripoff?

Fun fact: You can generate a list of reasons why the Soul Society arc was great simply by making a list of the reasons why the latter arcs of Bleach sucked and negating every claim on that list.

Shit video. Everyone knows Bleach lost steam because Aizen was defeated, Ichigo lost his powers and the Fullbringer arc was awful.

Bleach lost its steam well before Aizen was beat. At the very least it's easily seen that the FKT arc was shit and it doesn't take much to see that Mexico was also shit.

I wouldn't call it the best but top 5 without a doubt. It was a very good arc.

Kubo the one true god of manga.

>You mean the blatant hunter exam ripoff?

Funny how it was still more interesting than HxH with larger stakes involved.

HxH didn't get good until the tower arc.

Ishida's part was fucking great. You could probably convince someone to watch Bleach just by showing them that fight.

The monkey king arc in toriko

Cooking Festival was way more hype

Actually I liked the artic arc more. Final fight was great

She's more likable than that boy looking cunt
>the second opening made you think he was gonna fight the ice manlet
Thank god he didn't.
That fight would've been exponentially worse.

It really was. You need to be quite a contrarian to deny this.

It was objectively garbage because it featured the captains.
Substitute and fullbring were better because they didn't and TYBW was better for shitting on the captains before going back to wankery again

I want to rewatch this arc because I remember that it was awesome, but the previous one sounds boring.

>"oh no a menos grande, we are fucking dead only elite surpression squads from SS could handle this WE'RE FUCKED"
>"haha just kidding even 3rd rate soldiers can kill them with one slash"
That was Bleach's worst mistake. Anything that wasn't at least squad captain in strength = cannon fodder. Battles suddenly do not require martial arts or skill and are all about who can pull the biggest asspull.

>Battles suddenly do not require martial arts or skill
They were never about either of those things

>op has pathetic tastes
who knew

>it has larger stakes so it must be better.
Making my fart kill people doesn't make it better than it acutally is just like how the shitty chunin exams won't be better just because the whole town is at stake

It was though. Battle proficiency + weapon quirk. See the fight of Ichigo with that Saitama looking dude.

I like to think of that picture as a what if scenario as opposed to this one

>namefag calling someone pathetic
the irony

What does that even mean?

What was that meme again? Something about 343243 days/hours until Rukia is executed?

I wish I was in the know.

Honestly, just read it. It won't take long for you to read from the start of Bleach until the end of SS and it's well worth the ride. Particularly if you drop it as soon as the arc ends.

If I remember correctly they came out around the same time. One shows gin and aizen in front of the formation with yamamoto chilling contentedly in back. Like a hypothetical scenario where they didn't betray soul society. The other picture is the reality. Yamamoto has to stand in front because he doesn't have two up and coming badasses to lead soul society. Ichigo is broken and unreliable with his visored power instead of being the young talent taking notes behind gin and aizen. I don't know that's what I thought when I first saw them.

It was objectively more interesting. Hunter exam arc was nothing more than a quick intro arc to the real adventure of the series.

Dark Tournament says hi

>rukia
>likable

Boo arc bro

Her juice box scenes were solid 10s.

But he is rght tho

>This is what nu-males actually think
Not even the best Bleach arc(first one was better)
Red Ribbon arc shits on anything Bleach

Nah, the Namek Saga exists.

>Namek

Ren Rescue arc from Mankin was also better

Fullbring and TYBW were shit
Substitute was the best

>the chimera ant arc was the greatest single shounen arc of all time
>Sup Forums thinks it can debate this

too slow

Most of what they did was a complete waste of time in the end and aside from kites death didnt build to anything.

It's not. There is no greatest shonen arc.

Top 3 best arc of his gen.

>implying it isn't the first half of Gurren Lagann

unironically and objectively true

namek arc was unironically the greatest arc in shounen

>3 factions
>krillin and gohan / frieza and his army / vegeta
>all trying to get the dragon balls
>all trying to fuck each other over
>vegeta going on a fucking rampage and killing friezas best soldiers
>krillin gohan and vegeta having to team up against the ginyu force

absolute kino

Why are Bleachfags still so rampant on this site?

It was the best DBZ arc but I'd rank a bunch of DB arcs over it. Red Ribbon is still better.

Don't forget Ginyu Force
That's how you do a good DB villain. They're funny but they're also threatening.

You can't help their strong delusions. They can't find peace unless Kubo comes back and tells all of them that Bleach was trash-canned because it was the only thing the magazine can do to ease its conscience.

But it makes him soo fast

Why not?

>not Alabasta
Completly fucking wrong, OP.

>so rampant

There have like 3 thread about it (only one reached bump limit) in the past month. What are you smoking ?

factions
>DBtard thinks this is noteworthy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I didn't really like the final bleach arc that much but I had a huge grin on my face when I saw this

This, it's unironically by far the best written and most memorable. People who disagree probably watched the anime instead of read the manga.

>2005 me
> hyped as fuck because bleach is clearly coming to an end and Ichigo is finally going to get that petite ghosts poon

>not frieza arc
Sad!

>it's well worth the ride.
not really

>Gurren Lagann
>shounen

I unironically think that (manga) Battle City is the best shonen arc that I've seen. How bad does that make my taste?

>mangastream

>they're also threatening.
They were all lousy jobbers

The only one even mildly resembling a threat was Recoome

in the manga it was good but 2011 had some glaring flaws with its adaptation, they really fucked up the pacing and also made kite a literal who

is it bad that I honestly prefer hueco mundo? Nel and her bug hollow friends were great

Nel alone made HM superior than the borefest that was the SS arc.
The series signaled its doom as soon as it thought focusing on Hitsugay could ever have been a good idea.

>Ichigo is finally going to get that petite ghosts poon

Righty-o, let's see:
>Dai no Daibouken's Invasion of the Demon King's Palace
>Rurouni Kenshin's Revenge of Enishi
>Slam Dunk's Final Four Arc
>Whistle!'s Japan Selection Arc
>Naruto's meeting and parting with Zabuza and Haku

I'll give you that it probably had the best-drawn fight in manga history in Ikkaku vs Ichigo, though: No laser blades, no special abilities, just a sword and a tri-staff wielder going at it and stabbing each other until one falls, but dude. How old are you?

ginjo was my fav his design was tip top and enjoyed the kino feeling of fb arc

Why did Aizen have to look like such a lame pretty boy when all the later villains looked like manly men?

he kept on getting more pretty as it went on but by the end of bleach he was pretty much in the middle

Jobber my ass.

Yes actually. Hueco Mundo was trash.
Literally "Kurosaki-kun" the arc

Shit contrarian taste. SS arc was million times better than Hueco Shit

None of that garbage is memorable

I had a dream last night where Kubo had drawn another chapter. In it Yuhabach, dead, changed the past beyond the grave, and deflected Ichigo's final attack. He then fled, knowing he would still lose, and said to Ichigo that one day he would come back to claim Kazui as his own. This didn't change the present at all, everyone just gained these new, conflicting memories of the new reality.

That was utter shit and I mean that literally.

Ginjo and Ywach were faggots
Kariya is the true kino-tier Bleach villain

>i-it doesn't count
brainletballfags everyone

>Red Ribbon
>good
Yeah the fucking tower was such a great ride.

It had four great moments, two of those being great fights. That is fucking all with 80% of it being boring shit.

1. This argument is stupid

2. There was 4 good arcs and 2 bad arcs. (pre Reaper, Soul Society, Arrancar and TYBW)

3. In closest of quality:

DB > OP > YYH > Bleach > HxH > Naruto > MHA > Fairy Tail > Black Clover

MHA is technically lower due to just being Naruto redux and therefore suffering from having the same cliches. Sadly that is how technicalities work.

I don't care about your bait thread, I just want Tite Kubo to start drawing again, this time with energy and enthusiasm. Early Bleach, up to shortly after they got into Hueco Mundo, crackled with so much energy, humor and fun. I hope Kubo gets to illustrate manga again, they way he wants. He wasn't much of writer, but he's a helluva artist

>DB and YYH above HxH
toonami spic detected