What did Sup Forums think of Eureka 7?

What did Sup Forums think of Eureka 7?
I thought it was weird but I can't pinpoint what exactly makes me think that.

pretty good for Bones, I guess

Solid world building and Eureka.

Greatest love story ever told.

>bitchy girl gives beta MC a chance after 48 episodes
great love story indeed

I’m sure I enjoyed it when I first watched it, but now I can’t for the life of me get into it again. Renton is such a little faggot bitch and everyone is an ass hole. Those fucking kids especially. Very hard to get through.

True. I wish we saw more of Ray and Charles.

>Those fucking kids especially
I think it has to do with their design. The only one who actually looks cute is Maeter

I only watched the main series, what else is there?

Whenever I think about rewatching my biggest problems is with Holland. When Renton started changing and working hard, whole crew started accepting and opening to him, Holland still acted like douche towards him for no good reason.

Wasn't it because he was jealous?

excellent musical score, and very good (by anime standards) world building.

pretty good Bildungsroman -- i.e., childish bitch MC using his experiences in the world to gradually become more of an adult.

overall great charater designs too.

but fuck those kids.

do renton and eureka fuck?

>very good (by anime standards) world building.
It was average, though. Only lore that was essential to the plot or at least directly linked to it was established.

Yes, I think it was something along lines of Eureka choosing Renton instead of him. Instead of taking it out on Renton, he should've accepted it earlier and started supporting them.
It's kinda hilarious that Holland's seiyuu voiced Renton in Ao.

Holland being a manchild was established from the start anyway.

good anime

Anemone > Eureka
Best girl was Hilda though

AO and that movie
Something's coming out in 2017 too

That's kinda Holland's whole story arc, though.

He's jealous and bitter, and a good third of the story is about Holland growing up and becoming a better person.

There is also manga.

>Something's coming out in 2017 too
Original series compressed into 3 movies.

Would have been better without those 3 kids. Sequel was shit.

It's fine if you never watch the second series. If you watch the second series, the entire message of Eureka 7 is destroyed. I hold no hope for any new material because it's bound to be shit at this point, unless they retcon everything with time travel shenanigans and make it so that S2 never happens.

Yeah that’s what I like about Holland. He starts out like an ass but mans up as time passes. One of my favorite quotes from him is when he’s talking to Hap and says “I am an adult!” and Hap replies back that if you have to say that then you aren’t one.
Talho also matures, and I like that, but her haircut is atrocious.

>mans up as time passes
He really mans up in like the three last eps

Nice character development and world building supplemented with great production values and top tier animation.
One of my favorite shows.

>top tier animation.
there was a lot of QUALITY though

I don't really recall any QUALITY, at least in dvd version. Feel free to fresh up my memory.

I have no specific examples in mind, but I remember telling myself they could've made an effort on some shots in the Gekko nearing the end of the series, namely with Talho and Hap

op3

This especially Eureka

Guys, what exactly is the nirvash? A completely unrelated alien race?

You could think it was weird because it was about surfing mecha

Also coral aliens

They had kids, so yes.

PS2 games. Pretty shitty gameplay, but it wasn't bad as a sidestory.

>japan pulls a B^U

Eureka made it worth.

bretty good. anemone a cute! Holland too

Fuck Holland.

>"You've been risking your life for us every day and you want to know why? Fuck you, I'm going to beat the crap out of you now"

Found it pretty hard to enjoy the series when half the cast were pure cunts (they just stood by and watched a grown man beat up a kid for asking perfectly valid questions).

One of those shows that feels like you're constantly waiting for something to happen, then something finally happens and its underwhelming as hell.
Also like, 6 different characters got "depression" arcs.

Wonderful opening and ending themes.
The first half of the show is a struggle to sit through but the second half is when the show really takes off.

I liked it a lot, but the first ten or so episodes where the kids were being little shits was really fucking annoying.

You probably never tried to understand other people in real life either.

I always kept asking 'why are these annoying brats here?'

>dude
>what if we made the experiences our leads went through all for nothing?

AO was a mistake

He beat the shit out of a kid. He's a cunt.

The same question people around you asked themselves when you was a kid.

Anemone a best

Dewey was right.

Is AO worth watching?

It was a fun ride watching it with Sup Forums but I don't feel any desire to watch it again and would hesitate to recommend it

couldn't stand it for the first 6 episodes, but I had a friend who kept telling me to keep watching so I did
7 onwards I thought was bretty good
delet the children, specifically that little one with the scar his voice is fucking awful

Whether I try to look at it as separate, individual thing or continuation, I still dont like it.
Watch it and hope bones will leave E7 alone.

Eureka Seven: Rebuild.

Three films schedule to get subsequently release each year: 2017, 2018, 2019
.>unless they retcon everything with time travel shenanigans and make it so that S2 never happens
Maybe the tripytch for the new film will resolve it. Maybe.

Only compliant I have for Eureka Seven, I would've love Holland if he gradually matured as a person and not when the series were on the percepts of concluding.

I'd fuck Anemone so damn hard like her mental instability.