Why do republicans hate electric cars?

Why do republicans hate electric cars?

conservativetribune.com/while-liberals-love-electric-cars/

Attached: 52CCEA87-5C49-480D-B7E9-6088C35A6AA6.png (1125x2436, 513K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIO_EP9
washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/22/the-american-commute-is-worse-today-than-its-ever-been/?utm_term=.2507b188504d
thecarconnection.com/news/1075247_nissan-leaf-vs-ford-focus-electric-compare-cars
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I drive a Prius is Maine, I wish i had a truck

t

Test

How the fuck are you supposed to get actual work done with a prius?

well i'm 19 and work a grocery store so i just need for that and to drive to the vape store and stuff

There are only three reasons.

1) The Army uses diesel
2) The Marines use diesel
3) The Air Force uses diesel

How many more reasons do you need than that?

Republicans drive trucks because they are more likely to need them for work or at least have the skills to do home repair and don't want to have to rent a van to pick up some lumber

I drive an SUV because I live in buffalo and got tired of digging out my front wheel drive hatchback when it got stuck

because the net environmental impact of an electric car is just as bad, if not worse. Just because the environmental damage happens in another country and we don't have to look at doesn't mean it's not happening.

Their batteries are toxic as shit to produce
Doesn't matter it's happening in China, it's still our fucking environment

because electric cars only displace the damage done to the environment. Lithium and Cobalt still have to be mined it the middle east and butt fuck Africa. Those materials still have to be shipped across an ocean by a diesel tanker ship. It's a soy powered cuckmobiles made to appease librul feels, but in reality, much more dangerous and inefficient.
>what happens when you hit a battery real hard?

>electric trucks

Where's the problem?

Liberals aren't American.

p a i d

but why electric if you can have normal ones and enjoy the sound of engine?

>Take electric car to work
>can't charge it at work because literally everyone drives petrol
>could park at public parking half a mile away where there is a charge point but some wee wanker will unplug it and I won't know till I get back to a car with 30 minutes range
>can't drive long distances quickly
>Literally every electric car is a shitshow of wifi enabled GPS tracking Orwellian surveillance
Meanwhile my 91 Land Rover will run on used frier oil and the most electronics on board is a radio that has 1 dial and 6 buttons

because they are slow

Cuz fuck that hippie dippie shit

MAGA

Because it’s a blatant scam.

I can just tell that your personality is shit.

They're a meme

Electric batteries are bad at storing energy.

Attached: Screenshot_20180315-114101.png (1440x1002, 391K)

>oh my god bitcorns are using so much electricity it's destroying the environment we have to ban bitcorn
>we need more people to consume large amounts of electricity, goyim
Make up your mind, kike.

Because in most states electric cars are charged with electricity created by fossil fuels, combined with the toxic batteries, makes anyone who drives one an fucking idiot.

same with cellphones, and everybody has one and recharges it every night

A dead phone doesn't leave me at risk of being stranded in the middle of nowhere in a -40c winter

Because producing and manufacturing electric cars is just as equally bad or worse to the environment than normal diesel/petrol cars, but the companies who make electric cars don't tell you that.

Attached: elonmusk.jpg (1024x576, 63K)

electric cars are gay

>why do republicans hate having less freedom
>why don't republicans jump on the next soy dicksucking trend every couple of years
gee, i dunno

True, but exhaust is the most dangerous thing to health of humans.

Because its an effective solution.
It doesnt go off and cause others to suffer, it doesnt allow for some voodoo oppression, they just are.

Thus you can only hate them.
Same reason for the dirt pissing on renewables or gods greatest goft of nuclear.
Answers remove donor issues, remove artificial games.
Its funny to since a number of donors are dumping petrofuels because they arent sustainable.
You know we pay 2 usd a ton of coal out of tax payer funds?
Its actually cheaper to slap all the workers on welfare than subsidize coal.

liberals not american confirmed

ill never understand why people who are not contractors or farm workers own trucks. people on the interior of the country must honestly have some kind of romantic view of being a literal proletariat, driving massive distances to commute in their rural shitholes all while getting 9 mpg.
good goy.

electric cars are a fucking meme that (((they))) are pushing to get more money from good goys.
But of course the average normalfag won't realize that and believe whatever the MSM tells them.

because their corporate masters tell them to

It comes down to the fact that as The tech stands right now, straight fossil fuel and hybrid vehicles have more versatility and range and government mandates to adopt what is, at the moment, an interior vehicle, rankles the shit out of people. The things that will need to happen are the extensive infrastructure to support long range electric travel and the tech so that electrics can go as far as conventional and hybrid cars and be be fully recharged in a 10 minute service station stop. Without government mandating the death of fossil fuel powered cars, electrics simply aren't competitive and attempting to foist them off on an unwilling public generally pisses people off.

>driving an oversized truck that gets 10mpg is redpilled

sorry, but cars are a tool for liberating the masses but has been used to enslave people by building most of america's infrastructure around the car, you literally need one to get around. it was supposed to make travel easier for people, when really, it's done the opposite.

Attached: 1482900146624.gif (320x180, 497K)

We must also understand that the public have been taxed for companies like Tesla even when the likelihood of the company succeeding after the 2008 financial crisis was virtually zero, but Obama didn't give a shit, all of taxpayers money could have been lost, pretty sure that pissed a lot of people off with given the risks involved. Different now given more private companies are now developing electric cars, but the memory of what Obama did still remains in many Republican voters.

Attached: rvv.jpg (213x237, 10K)

I love the idea of an electric car, they simply aren't ready to replace much of anything yet and despite being mechanically simpler they're still expensive as fuck.

I don't personally own a truck. But I have a vehicle that can pull a small trailer. That works better for me on a day-to-day basis. Some people shouldn't drive at all, much less haul a trailer.

But for those times when I need it, it would be less trouble if I could just toss shit in the back when I have to move furniture or get a load of firewood, carry paint cans and lumber (DIY shit) home. Trucks can haul heavier trailers too.

If they feel its a waste, then why not stop giving petros my money?
Cut their burden sure, but never fucking gibs.

yes, i know that. that's why you rent something like that when you need it. a lot of these people buy trucks with what you said in mind, only to use it for moving construction materials once in the car's lifetime.
they actually buy the truck because they think working with your hands and being a prole is romantic.

>that strawman
huh? I've not said that "owning a truck is redpilled". Just saying that electric cars are a meme, especially seeing our current technology level.
You know, the true redpill is this: Drive whatever the fuck you want, the government should not force you to drive what (((they))) want.
Here in Europe they are pushing more and more restrictive laws against gasoline cars, to push this electric car meme as well. That's anything but freedom.
>you literally need a car to get around
but it's like that everywhere, lol. The actual enslavement would be to ban cars, so people couldn't be able to travel (that easily at least). It's easier to manipulate the population that way, and many lefties are already trying that here.

Why was the inventor of water powered cars killed off? Why has no company used his now public domain patents to produce a car like this?

>Why do republicans hate electric cars?
Their daily commute/travel distance total is longer than 40 miles.

pretty standard now for trucks to get over 25mpg, and they are far more useful than any other vehicle. don't make much sense to own one if you're living in a city, but for the rural and suburban retards, sure.

People can buy whatever the fuck they want with their money

Because a truck makes up for your tiny dick. An electric car makes me feel insecure and reminds me how small my penis is. Tbh

The onboard pem with cracker one?

True, but take the electric car that are way more efficient than gasoline cars into accounts. Electrics cars are shit though.

>water powered car

How does that even work ?

>Prius
The pedo's car.

It was a proton exchange membrane and electrolosis system.
He made his fuel off a battery and revouped some of it.
Would have been better to just not involve water and run solely off battery.

>water powered car
i'm not sure if it's the same guy, but few years ago someone launched a water powered car to the market. IIRC the chemical combustion process would be harder than with fuel, since it's really hard to get pure H, so you'd need to use H2O to get H, and then make the combustion again.
Still, a way better idea than the electric car. Really strange what happened with that dude...

Yeah, I've rented a truck before too. You're not wrong that a lot of people never use them for their intended purpose.

Because the government mandates the death of the large body on frame sedan powered by a V8 engine. Americans in the flyover states bought large rugged cars with tons of towing power and hauling capacity. Large trunks meant that only the biggest loads a normal household might want needed a truck. And with ladder frames, V8 engines, live rear axles and brakes bigger than most modern pickup trucks, the average large sedan was adept at towing anything a modern truck could. For really big loads, you either bought or rented a trailer. The average Chrysler, Ford or Chevy could tow a boat, camper trailer or all purpose trailer as adroitly as any modern pickup. But CAFE standards killed the large body on frame V8 sedan. So Americans started buying trucks and SUVs to meet their needs. Trucks became more car like and less utilitarian and the majority of people who buy an SUV or one of those four door pickups with the tiny bed use them the way their grandparents used their Chrysler Imperial or Ford Galaxy.

Attached: air_old_cars.jpg (1023x599, 107K)

Nothing wrong with electric cars as a concept, but they're not there yet in regards to replacing gas vehicles.

After being a car person since my teenage years, my next vehicle will be a truck or something utilitarian.

>not driving a 5000 lb Ford F150 turbodiesel that gets 25 mpg

I need to haul things across 90 acres reguarly. My truck is stronger than my horse and that retard freaks out at the idea of work. I feel like I have a 1200lb nigger eating my grass all day.

>still
Editorializing

Thats a pem, theyre around.
Hell I have a liitle desktop model to play with.

They are for the majority of the population.
You arent towing shit going from subirbia to niggerland
Or offroading ever.
Given its now 300 ish miles on electrics, you also arent daily charging
>bit muh trips
Like you have vaction time anyways if you cant get an electric for shiggles

electric cars are the epitome of what's wrong with liberals.
>spend more money on shittier product
>show off your ecomobile around town like a faggot, getting your liberal brownie points from other eco dipshits
>buy a product because of bullshit global warming nonsense
>the car does more environmental damage because of the extra embedded energy it takes to build the engine and battery

If your dick is that small, just buy a gun. According to the Left, that's what they're for.

Because it's terrible for the environment.

The only electric car I’d buy.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NIO_EP9

forgot another point- in your attempt to fix the environment, instead of actually changing how you live your life, you just throw money at the problem. Even though you've made the problem worse, that's ok, because at least other know nothing boomers can see you driving around, "making a difference"

No u. Unironically. Something about your snide little comment is really deeply discusting to me. I think because I can so vividly picture your comment coming out of the mouth of a roastie whore. The only other time I've heard that is "...and then I, like, told him, umm, no sweetie, ur personality is shit."

Old cars and not spymobiles are best.
Tits or GTFO.

To add: I don't think that means electric cars for everybody is the obvious solution. Electric cars, sat nav, driver assists, etc are the thin end of the wedge leading to fully automated cuck cars where you have no freedom to go where you want to and the government can deliver you straight to the FEMA camps at will. Call me paranoid. But I can absolutely see (((insurance companies))) pricing manual driving right out of the market. I feel the same way about my steering wheel as I do about guns - from my cold, dead hands.

don't forget that they also seem to think that electricity comes out of nowhere, that its production is free and that you totally can have the whole population using electric cars with the current electrical infraestructures...

Insurance will.
And you wont care.
Most all wont.
Again, for all this potential are you using it?
The phrase is salami slicing.
Shaving off uncared for items to your benefit.

Also insurance is a ponzi scheme.

The Navy also uses diesel.

Electric cars don't have enough mileage to make them useful in the US. Plus you have to consider that most electricity that's generated in the locations that electric cars would be useful in (cities) is mostly coal or other fossil fuels. Then you have the other problem with lithium mining and how disgusting and destructive of a process that is for the environment. The current tech for batteries isn't where it needs to be in order to have a large-scale production of them in motor vehicles.

Also consider the fact that if you get in a serious enough crash, those batteries burn. And the only thing you can fucking do is let the car burn for a couple days before removing the wreckage. In the US where car crashes are prevalent enough you can't have that blocking busy intersections.

Any of the decent cars put out by Tesla are horrendously expensive right now. They're subsidized by the government too, yet they still haven't pulled an overall profit. Pushing this tech right now is a fucking mistake unless you're fine with half-baked days-burning shit-tier cars that cost a fortune.

So yeah, repubs hate electic cars, but that's for a good reason: they're shit right now. They're being the realists, while liberals have auto-erotic fantasies running through their head about how they're saving the planet.

Do you own an electric car? Answer the question. I don't know any leftist that owns one. Most don't even own a car. Period.

Can someone give a quick breakdown of how its easier to enslave a population without cars, and how leftists are trying this now?

No?

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2017/02/22/the-american-commute-is-worse-today-than-its-ever-been/?utm_term=.2507b188504d
Less than 30 miles average commute.

thecarconnection.com/news/1075247_nissan-leaf-vs-ford-focus-electric-compare-cars

Over 100 mile range on midscale entries.

And if the car is burning for days shill, that is not a bad fire.
You could push that sucker by ungloved hands itd be so cold.

Attached: electricity_generation_capacity_lg.jpg (576x392, 44K)