Genshiken

Did anyone else read Genshiken, or watch any of the animated stuff? Its one of my absolute favorite manga and probably one of the two SoL series I really enjoy, but it seems like basically nobody has read the damn thing in its original run or second 'season' revival. Only the odd person here or there. It being laser focused on the personal lives of otaku seems like it should strike a nerve in a good or bad way with most people who are nerds enough to hang out on a taiwanese image board for water puppetry at least.

And who do you think was best boy? Who was best girl?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rmWYxr7KSrA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Probably my biggest 00s nostalgia.

I'm fairly certain everyone from pre-cancer Sup Forums has experienced this series in one medium or another. It's certainly one of the best SoL series, at least until it Hato comes into the picture.
Sue is the best girl and it goes without saying Madarame is the best boy.

>Only liking two SoL series
Faggot

I mean I'm also not super well versed in them.

>Sue
I disagree but you have fine taste all the same and are absolutely right about Madarame

It was okay until it turned into a shitty harem.

I view Nidaime as basically a separate series. It came out years later and while related to what came before, 1-55 was basically one completed story. And besides, we all know the only woman for Madarame is Kasukabe

Welcome to Sup Forums, I'd like to remind you and any other newfriend who's reading this that you are not a special snowflake, anime and manga are extremely popular worldwide and it's specially easy in an anime-dedicated board like this one to find several people who have watched the same shows as you.

Also get the fuck out of my chan and never come back.

nobody respond to this

Genshiken was a part of the lurking curriculum. There may have been no rules but if you didnt give your opinion regarding the dimensions of 2D vs 3D you didnt belong in Sup Forums

But you just did?

>was
What happened to this place

The modern internet user.

Dropped it at the end of the original series.

Liked it a lot,and it was probably better that way, rather than to see everything get ruined.
Considering how many complaint threads about the new Genshiken appeared a few years ago, that assessment was probably correct.

It wasn't that bad, but it didn't have the same quality or atmosphere of the original. It had some high points that matched it okay though but never consistently. Original was and is best

You did the right thing. On a related note, in the authors other manga about notMada and notSaki being together notHato shows up and assfucks notMada while notSaki is giving birth.

I still listen to its god-tier ED from time to time: youtube.com/watch?v=rmWYxr7KSrA

original was okay, revival is complete garbage
also everyone has seen this show, what the fuck are you talking about?

>also everyone has seen this show
Newfags haven't.

I think when people make these stupid statements they're assuming the user base here is the same as whatever shit hole they came from.

What if that shithole was inside the board all along?

Shounenshit generals may as well be Facebook

I have read 9 volumes, the sequel is worth ?
Also I dont like the animation.

No it really isn't. It isn't as bad as people here are saying but compared to the original it is a huge disappointment.

And I agree, the show isn't bad but I prefer the manga of the two choices

What was once must be made so again. Or something.

I remember the torrent files on dattebayo but I never downloaded a single episode. Was it any good?

Nah it's just beloved by a lot of people and put on all the Sup Forums rec images as a joke

youtube.com/watch?v=ZqaCEPwWGtc

It's really hard for me to watch nidaime because i grew attached to the original group. Seeing the club has different members really got me, it means nothing lasts forever and you eventually will part away. Also i can relate to madarame's situation about his relationship with saki, so basically nidaime hits so close to home and i could barely able finishing it.

Conceptually I like the idea of the group continuing on and being the character of a second season, while the old crew exists as friends of the older members, but the quality just wasn't there to get that emotional investment needed to stay on.

you sure about that?

Yes, traps are a nice distraction but just a distraction.

>give me a goodbye hug
>hug
>traps aren't gay

Maybe he wouldnt have gotten fucked in the ass by a trap if her slut used goods wife had actually given him a proper blowjob.

Those are pretty solid tits for a trap, the strongest evidence I've seen Spotted Flower might actually not be canon to five or so years down the line from Genshiken

Best girl is Saki, best boy is Madarame purely because I like nice people with strong personalities (especially fucking motherfucker Saki)

Also, the original group strikes me so hard because it's too similar with my personal experiences and nostalgia is always rosy for everyone

The reason I like Saki more than any of the other girls is really just because she's the character who has the longest character growth in the whole series. She goes from antagonistic to the group to tolerant to actually friends to basically closer with them than anyone else since I don't see her going to celebrate her graduation with her normie friends. The Genshiken goes as a group and she tags along too.

Its nice to see character development that isn't jarringly sudden in how it is presented to us.

>forgot to reply to the post I was linking to anyway
My faggotry knows no bounds I guess. I was just going to make fun of Not-Kousaka's scarf

This is a long, long way from her first introduction in that room being dragged along unwillingly by her boyfriend and being an ass to Sasahara.

Okay, done making my point. I probably could have done this in less pages. And in reverse order.

>and nostalgia is always rosy for everyone
What's weird is I read Genshiken and it resonated with me on this level despite my experience as a nerd being radically different than most of theirs.

Well, considering her relaxed attitude about sex, personally I think that Kasukabe already fucked someone in highschool or whatever so I don't care too much about her purity anyway

And she smokes, smoking is always cute for 2D
Fun things are fun
Cause this manga is so good and has very big tendencies to be seinen escapism at least for me, most weeb club or communities are shit I agree, but I had the chance to join a small circle of weeb communities which is actually very nice and I can say that the author actually has actual experiences in weeb communities (or at least research about it seriously)

I watched the first two seasons and absolutely loved them. Dropped it hard with Nidaime and I never touched the manga.

When I see this then think about what the manga became it makes me want to cry.

Manga's better than the anime, I felt, but I always favor the readable formats of most things so my bias is probably showing.

She never loses her professional shit stirrer tendencies the whole series, at least.

There's a reason I only keep the first nine volumes on my toaster. Just pretend it didn't happen and don't interact with it emotionally. It'll be fine.

Pretty good, the anime and the manga. Nidaime too.

That chapter is fun and public sex is fun too

The issue with Nidaime to me is that it is just so disappointing by comparison to the original, not that it sucks.

I've heard the manga is better from some people, but I feel like the anime has a 'comfy' feeling to it that you wouldn't be able to get without the voice acting, music, etc.

>President Hideo Kojima has been the president of the Genshiken like some unliving specter since the late 1980s
>President Hideo Kojima blackmails Kasukabe into the group just chapters before he eventually steps down to 'finish his thesis' and basically disappear save for tiny visual cameos snuck into the book
>President Kojima's final in person appearance that I can recall is giving her guidance, like the ghost of Obi-Wan, after Saki starts a fire and ruins everything for everyone

Was she the Chosen One the whole time? Was he her spirit guide, helping to pull her into the group's orbit more fully and thereby help save it down the line?

>but it seems like basically nobody has read the damn thing in its original run or second 'season' revival.
These were all big deals on Sup Forums, you fucking newfag.

Thanks for reminding me to check on spotted flower. Probably missed a few chapter but the latest release was pretty funny.

>touch it

New things rotate out old things. That's the nature of a medium that gets 100 new anime a year and god only knows how many manga. Series like Genshiken just aren't noteworthy enough to be very high on the list of decade-old series you'd expect someone to watch.

I gave the second series a far shot, but I dropped it when the cast literally said "we're tired of Madarame's harem subplot" and spent a chapter having all of the girls who had been hinted to like him admit they have platonic feelings for him (except the trap). I was also tired of every girl getting wet for Madarame, but that was the most awkward way to end it possible.

Younger generations really don't know what they're missing

I am so incredibly grateful to whatever user called me a fucking newfag and to lurk more to find out Genshiken's title all those years ago.
Has been one of my favourite series ever since and actually researching and lurking to find a shoe you're looking for for the first time is an eye-opening experience.

Never forget her

And yet somehow garbage like Gunbuster remains relevant with the new children.

Not even the best of the manga club girls

It's simply just old and the second series isn't well received, though I enjoyed it up until the last few chapters.

I watched this when I was much younger

Show me your moves then

I looked upon genshiken very fondly too. And then I found out about spotted flowers

>notthisshitagain.jpg

Remember that time she agreed and literally just breathed on him before he finished and welched on having sex like he agreed?

Does she know what semen taste like?
Yes
Does she know what his semen tastes like?
No

did the trap won

no

It's funny how this was predicted in the old Genshiken.

genshiken season 1 was the definition of comfy and slow paced laid back drama. these days its replaced by moefaggotry that people classify as comfy which is pretty sad. there's not much else like it

>Did anyone else read Genshiken, or watch any of the animated stuff?
No, you're literally the only person here who did, you snowflake.

Nidaime is different Genshiken and as always people have problem with that because they desperately want things to remain the same.

Actually most people just really hate one of the new characters who gets a massive amount of the spotlight.

People hated it right from the beginning for being fujoshit. That was way before any concerns about 1 character getting too much focus could have come up.