Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei

Should I watch this show? What's the appeal? All I've heard about it is people talking about the mary sue protagonist.

Yes. The protagonist is a Mary Sue but that's why it's so good. It's honestly ridiculous. If Rey Skywalker is a badly done Mary Sue, then our lord and saviour Onii-sama is how you do it right.

Mahouka is the touching story of a superweapon trying to function in normal society. Along the way he meets haremettes, haremettes, haremettes, and some more haremettes.

also the uniforms are fucking hot as shit jesus christ who was in charge of designing these they deserve a fucking nobel prize

author's magic engineering fetish and detailed systems are great

There are tons of FAR better shows out there.

What is it about the protag that sets him apart from the rest of the genre?

He's the best

He takes the Mary Sue aspects to such an extreme that he becomes one of the best protagonists I've ever seen. Simply out he is the best.

Can you resist Onii-sama?

The story doesn't try to trick you into believing he gets put in situations he cannot handle to try and create some false suspense, instead he is competent the entire way and makes up for it through side-character interactions and just being the best

>I WANT TO BE THE VERY BEST LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS...

You should read it.

He's literally Jesus

Nobody can.

Will this show ever get a season 2?

It's getting a movie that adapts Vol. 9 of the light novels. The show covered 1-7 already. 8 was backstory that they're probably skipping. I imagine if the movie does well they'll announce season 2.

Rip roben arjen

Alright you guys have convinced me. I'll give it a go. Is the LN worth a look also?

Have fun user. And yes you should try the LNs if you like the show.

Read the manga alongside the anime. They compliment each other really well.
But if you really like it, read the LN's. They're pretty great.

The main character at one point literally descends from the skies and revives the dead, then flies off into the sunset at one point. If that kind of dumb shit is up your alley, go for it.

Wait there's a movie? Well I'm completely out of the loop

Thanks anons

>tfw Mayumi won't win

fun and 10/10 qts

Best girls never win unfortunately

I might rewatch the show just for her. 10/10 waifu

I just watched the first episode and I'm already having fun. I think this show is certainly right up my alley.

Worth noting the LNs are extremely exposition heavy, like way more so than the manga or anime. Expect an insane explanation for everything for world building purposes. It's one of the draws of it in a way but it's really tedious to read for me at times.

>of the genre?
not a beta cuck

It was the funniest show that I have ever watched when I marathoned it in one day. Oniisama going Jesus in the final stretch was so fun to watch.

I generally don't have a problem with exposition dumps and a lot of the time I find them pretty interesting so that doesn't sound like an issue.

Oh I look forward to that

Best girl

Worth it just for volume 16

IT WAS UNTIL THE TL FAGS STOPPED TRANSLATING

What happened with the TL fags?

Dont know bout other countries but premiers Australia in November

Oh I didn't know that. What's the date?

Think around 17th, not sure, animelab is carrying ads for it at moment will confirm when next see ad

He is basically Jesus but it does have some really weird interesting side plots. One of the more interesting ones is that one of the chars wants to do research on magic induced fusion. Not because the world is having power issues but just because she wants a world in which magicians are not down upon like weapons as that seems to be the only practical use so far.

Checcked it airs November 2nd see photo shitty res photo of ad

Fan translation stuck, jewpress are faggots and movie bd fuckin when.
Also speed star > mirror > rest

Thanks user

I don't think the movie bd will be out until early next year.

Good taste

Wrong thread?

5 episodes in and maybe my subs are shit
something about the "big bad terrorists" main idea is that they hate how being able to use magic is such a big boon to social and economical standing and they want to level the playing field but theyre basically fucking communists so it wont work

sound about right?

Wait is this show redpilled?

>theyre basically fucking communists
That never crossed my mind before. Huh.

It's been a while since I watched it but yeah that's about right.

I think you posted the wrong girl user. Let me fix that for you.

People watch it for the Gary Stu. It’s like doing a drug you know it’s bad for you, but you simply can’t stop I guess.

This. The MC is really the selling point of the show.

Well I can't argue with that girl either

Onii-sama is King. watch it for him.

>All I've heard about it is people talking about the mary sue protagonist.
That's the appeal. That and the wincest.

>superweapon trying to function in normal society
All he ever need to do is to fix his fucking brain to not think like a literal robot, but he will always remain as one for the sake of a forced ship.

It was fun with Sup Forums but it's pretty bad to be honest

ironic "so funny xD" cancer keeping it up as usual.

The sport event was good actually.

Also all the incest jokes are gold.