Conor Lamb: DNC is screwed. No hope. Status quo prevails

> run a guy who opposes age restrictions on guns
> campaigned at gun show
> far right on gun control
> to the right of Saccone
> runs against DNC national platform for November 2018

The race was hyped for TV ratings but his victory is a bad sign for Democrats and their big money donors. No one who actually pushes the party wide agenda is winning.

The national campaign to impeach Trump, get back congress is going to undermine Lamb in November.

It's very likely he can't win in November. He couldn't get the clean majority of the popular vote against Saccone.

Lamb ran as a hyper conservative gun nut for shits and giggles. His entire victory undermines the liberal Democrats.

Democrats are fucked.

Attached: lamb.jpg (990x556, 73K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is his seat going up for election in November as well? I haven't been paying that much attention to Pennsylvania.

He should join the winning side.
He seems a bit too normal for a Democrat.

DINO

The return of the blue dogs is hardly a bad thing. It means progressives get BTFO by both major parties.

doesn't exist. He is rep for District 18 but in November he has to run for district 14 or 18. The counties in it were split between 2 new ones.

The new 14th district will be even more conservative.

Yeah, the Pennsylvania redirecting based off their Constitution saying that they need to be clean boarders.

Yeah and thanks to republicans hurting their own candidate on gun rights, etc etc. It was pretty clear that Saccone wouldn't beat him by at least 5-10%.
I think this is the second democrat that share some views with Trump being elected this year.

It's pretty fun though that democrats on Twitter goes all-out for a candidate when they don't even know anything about him.

I wish the blue dog wasn't extinct, but at this point, this dude is in every way (R)

Redistricting*

We have McCain, Murkowski, and Collins. Now they have that guy.

>white man surrounded by niggers
the race card will pop up over time. it always does.

Shhhhhh! Let them come full circle! I have my popcorn ready to watch the blue wave, not coming!

He might shift labels if he gets the right people in contact with him. It would not be the first time the Democrats have lost people to political labels.

>if you basically become a republican you win
Holy shit this is bad. Green party is the only respectable option now

This right here says it all:

"It's pretty fun though that democrats on Twitter goes all-out for a candidate when they don't even know anything about him."

He'll be running again this November but in an entirely different district. The Pennsylvania 18th as it's currently drawn is about to disappear.

> wins with a 20 point swing from red to blue
> Democrats are fucked.
Pft.
>very likely he can't win in November.
It's moot. The PA congressional map was un-gerrymandered and now favors Dems and Reps equally. Lamb will likely run in a different district in November and have a good shot.

tl;dr
Get fucked

>> far right on gun control
Fantastic. I'm left-leaning as fuck and I'm not really a fan of anymore gun control than we have.

>Lamb's campaign website lists his top priorities as the heroin crisis, jobs and infrastructure, affordable health care, protecting Medicare and Social Security, reforming the student loan system, unions, and modern energy development.[32] On gun control, Lamb has called for a stronger system of background checks but no new restrictions. On tariffs, Lamb supports President Trump's steel and aluminum tariffs. On health care, Lamb criticized the Republican attempt to repeal Obamacare and called for bipartisan efforts to stabilize its markets.
So basically he's Bernie Sanders but pro-funs? Sign me the fuck up.

Except he will do what bernie does, pretend to be progun, but isnt

The funny thing about bernie is he's from a super progun state. I think the only blue progun state. Is he even anti 2nd?

>tfw the blue wave is really a red tide
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_tide

I think this special election just aggro'd the right and now they'll actually go out and vote. Dems would have been smart to not steal this meaningless position for a few months; now dems will assume they won again like with Hillary and they won't vote.

Also, I wonder if Lamb really is with the establishment, or if he's just a young naive guy and he thinks the democrats still stand for what it did 80 years ago. He did mention something about "this is the party of my grandfather".

it has an effect of sating dem anger, and keeping more of them in a comfy place where they decide not to bother to vote

He's an elected democrat. He will vote as he is told, not on what he campaigned on.

That would actually be genius.
>run on a Democrat platform in those states that are either hopelessly blue or turning blue anyway
>win
>do an about face
>profit???

It also encourages the Left and discourages the Right. I think it's all a wash.