Just finished watching this Sup Forums and while I did enjoy the show...

Just finished watching this Sup Forums and while I did enjoy the show, I still have some questions about it so SPOILERS obviously. (stop reading now)

So we learn that Kaban san is actually ... kind off... a clone.... does that explain why she can read and make paper airplanes? I though the whole idea about treating Kaban as an animal was to show how humans living purely on instinct without prior knowledge pass down by parents are clever and have ingenuity, I liked that idea until I stopped to think that.. well Kaban does actually have some things that had to be learned via social interaction with more people from her own species or by being taught.

also, did serval get swalloed by a cerulean lost her memories and then got spat out thus forgetting everyrthings?

Kemono friends thread I guess.

Just give up already

give up what?

This is my first time ever in a Kemono thread, I only just watched this anime because I heard about the controversy surrounding it but thats just it.

She is not a clone. She is a Human Friend, embodiment of a human ideal, a perfect creature, the cutest girl in existence, my wife.

Friends are a construct about what we think about the animals.

Kaban is an idealized human friend so she gets traits associated with humans.

She isn't actually a clone. Just like how Serval-san and Raccon-san are human girls with the characteristics of a Leptailurus serval and a Procyon lotor respectively. Bag is a human girl with the characteristics of a Homo sapien (That being ingenuity, creativity, problem-solving, stamina, determination, etc.) Which is pretty fucking deep for a kids show.

>Bag is a human girl with the characteristics of a Homo sapien (That being ingenuity, creativity, problem-solving, stamina, determination, etc.) Which is pretty fucking deep for a kids show.

I understand this, but it doesn't explain her being able to read and make paper airplanes, I guess I'm just reading to deep into this.

Both of the owls are also able to read, it may just be that literacy is a sign of intelligence. The fact that she's able to use and understand the contraptions meant for humans to use come from that Sandspar shit... I don't remember the name...

Shit I forgot that the owls could actually read... right? I mean they read many books and told other friends what they needed to know ... right?

So I guess that Kaban just appeared with that human trait already unlocked as a class bonus, unlike other friends which have to work to get earn it.

Serval didn't get fully vored like Kaban or Aardwolf did.

Serval probably got hit with more Sandstar and turned friend again.... but without her memories... I suppose.

She wasn't in the cerulean long enough for anything to happen.
Kaban has traits as a Friend that make her "human" so common cultural knowledge like paper airplanes, knowing how to cook, knowing how to read, how to tie knots, etc would be part of her traits as a friend.

The Guidebooks seem to pretty heavily imply that the "Friend getting eaten by a Cerulean and reverting to a regular animal but then becoming a Friend again" thing doesn't happen. That and the fact that the IP officially is divided into generations makes it more likely that the Serval in the anime is a completely separate individual from the one in the holograms.

She just didn't get "digested" fast enough, and when friends get got by a cerulean they don't just lose their memories, they become regular animals again.

Where do the guidebooks imply this?

Then why does she cry when she hears herself in them?

This page. Note the "I have never heard of a case where an individual became a Friend a second time."

It is a mystery. Wish I had the ghost Kaban pic on hand

Hakase is dumb, though

You could say that, but I think this page is pretty clearly intended to be exposition for the reader, just with the owls included for some character. I'd take it at face value, personally.

Um, rood.

Not only dumb, but also a bully.

I think it's told through the owls rather than in a straight forward and factual way because you are supposed to take it as unreliable and dubious information myself. It's a way of leaving things open to be changed in future as there's no reason speculative owls can't be wrong.

gen1 serval is a miracle of the universe

You can actually see a shimmer of intelligence in her eyes.
It's profound.

Yeah, being a clone doesn't give you any knowledge, just genetics.
She is a human-friend and her friend powers include reading, problem solving, etc.

looks like she got dumber through the generations. Is that something that happens to all friends or just her?

I want serval to become even dumber!

She is not a "clone", she is a human friends

The cops hate the threads.

>Gen 5 Serval is a vegetable

They mostly left us alone for the past week.

I can't imagine the upcoming generations having a better face thas this.

Maybe her memories are gone because she wanted to forget.

I want to hold Gen 1 Serval's hands and kiss her on the lips.

She wasn't particularly smart in the manga, either.

Well guys thanks for all your responses, while short, the thread was quite informative for me and fun.

I'm off to bed, /thread

You can't tell us to stop.

>So we learn that Kaban san is actually ... kind off... a clone....
Nope

Why hello ReBoot or Beast Wars?

DAIGO

>men

DELET THIS

It's a metaphor for this thread

It's fine to let a thread take its natural course. If no one's actually talking about anything, don't force the topic. It's better that way.

Any news about Tatsuki yet?

She is the idealized version of a human. Literally perfect.

bkub's zungurimukkuri Jagger.

Nothing KF related, but he is hiring background artists.

What happens if a human male were to come into contact with Sandstar?

too bad he's becoming a sellout nowadays.

So if friends can make their animal parts disappear if they truly believe they are human, what happens if a fictional friend like Tsuchinoko has an existential crisis?

We get to see her butt

g

She become a boring human girl.

test

HOLY SHIT

He would become the little girl.

Spooky

>Kaban was a skellington all along
I feel betrayed.

Bad omen.

There's a skeleton inside Kaban!

There is a skeleton inside each of us.

Her Sandstar is already...

What if the hair was a red herring and there was a skeleton beneath Mirai's hat which got hit by sandstar?

Then Kaban would be a skeleton Friend, but she's clearly a human Friend.

No no no, it's because Mirai wanted so much to become an animal, so Sandstar was able to create a Friend from her hair. If it fell on Kako or Nana's hair it won't work.

Considering that there was a massive war against Ceruleans in which nuclear-capable bombers were deployed, Japari Park probably has a lot of human skeletons in it.

I changed my stule back to normal.

I love Halloween stuff but I can barely read shit.
Wish I could keep that skeleton though

Oh no

Kaban is a lewd girl.

Where does she get it from?

Humans are always in heat.

Her mother

Not really a clone, but possibly with some implanted memories. Kaban is really Venom Mirai.

>wanted to be reborn as animal
Well she kind of get what she wanted. Moreso if you believe that she's long dead by the time of the anime.

Which one is her mother?

The hot one

> keeping thread alive with /e/-like images and posts
spittingalpaca.jpg

But toys aren't allowed on /e/.

You basically got everything wrong
Serval at the end is the same Serval from the beginning, she hasn't lost her memory.
Kaban isn't human, she's a friend based off of a human, which means she exemplifies the qualities of a human. She's the übermensch.
Worship her.

shitty facebookfuck meme out of nowhere.

Nice Alpaca.

The shitters are mad after getting blown out in the anime of the year thread last night.

What's wrong with wanting to have offspring with the pinnacle of humanity? Looking for the best possible partner is basic evolution, and Kaban is absolutely perfect and flawless. It's only natural to lewd Kaban-chan.

Don't bring that kind of stuff in the thread. This thread isn't a separate sub-community, nor should starting any sort of fanbase wars or "us vs them" thinking be tolerated. It just makes things worse for people who just want to talk about the show.

> Implying you care about any of that

>Implying I don't want to marry Kaban and have lots of kids with her.
Pictures with Kaban wearing a wedding dress are always my favorite.

Alpacas are cute animals.

>Moreso if you believe that she's long dead by the time of the anime.
This actually makes me wonder how much time passed between Mirai leaving and Kaban being created. If you consider things like the several machinery failures, the tree in the library, the volcano cover running out of power until Kaban restarts it. Sure, there's energy but it's solar and water based and those can survive longer without maintenance.

At least a year, I'd guess. I think Lion says something like "we have a battle against Moose in one week", so assuming their battles are a semi-regular event, they take place at least one week apart. 52 battles means their war lasted a year at the minimum, and they certainly started after humans left, since none of them remember them.

>Moose has been in heat for an entire year
Holy fuck.
Also, it's amazing how they fought for one year and no one got seriously injured.

>At least a year, I'd guess.

You don't get that much decay in the buildings from one year. The Ferris Wheel was falling apart, vital machines were out of commission, and the Japari Bus was in bad shape when it was initially found. I'd wager it was around a decade going by the stage of the man-made things.

To add to this further: one year would surely not be enough time for the Friends to completely forget what a human was and what role they played. If it was something as short as a year, Serval would have immediately figured out what Kaban was, "The Disaster" would still be fresh in Friends' minds, and no one would be asking what a Bus was, or not know what solar panels do.

I was arguing this months ago against people who said its only been a year or two. Apparently the salt from sea water increases the amount of rust, but that doesn't explain why the mountain or other areas are just as rusty (especially since sandstar affects the climate). In my opinion I agree with you it looks more like 10 years.