Houshin Engi

Feels like one of those old battle shonen doomed to be ignored and forgotten

Really don't like a lot of the colors unfortunately, they seem way to bright. Could just be because the quality of the pictures though.
Particularly, a lot of the characters are especially pale, Yozen's hair is an awful shade of blue, and Bunchuu's hair is so pale. At least Outenkun and Fugen look pretty good.
Still looking forward to it.

Going by the upper pics, seems they want to do the full story this time around. Any word on the studio yet?

>Dat dracula guy
Just how many episodes the new anime will be?

the coloring is something straight out of those early 2000's shows

I'm hope it's just fanservice showing them earlier otherwise it makes me believe they will change the story to introduce them earlier.

I hope not. I'm still kinda miffed that they shortened the early arcs of FMA:B, because "they were done already in the first adaption". If you do a remake, do it right and don't let preexisting adaptions dictate your pacing.

Fujos better buy this anime.

I want BONES

>Those shadings
>Big studios
Nah.

most definitely 'literally who' studio.

It'll be DEEN again

Everything looks kinda blueish and washed out.

>KENN
They probably will.

I don't think people should judge the shading and aesthetic with those shitty low quality pics.

What TV block is this airing on? Simply Tokyo MX?

If that turns out to be the case, then they may as well not have done the remake at all.

I think those simple designs look pleasant, if they use it to facilitate some decent animation and manage to stay on model throughout. It really depends on the studio and how much time and effort they chose to pour into this.

I'm still grasping at the faint hope, that they wouldn't bother making a remake of a pretty much dead property in the first place, only to then go and half-ass it. Please be good.

I feel like she is asking o be raped.

That's what she wants you to think, and then you're the one being raped.

>Dakki
>raped

Chances are, she'll outfox you.

Except this is an actual old battle shonen .

This is a remake, like fma brotherhood, it had an anime already.

DAKKI-SAMA~

Looking forward to all her costumes and her cooking.

I sure did enjoy the manga of this. Both MC and main villain were best

I see they're keeping the comfy shoe sizes. I wonder how the designs look to anime fans today. I'm hardly a good judge of this, since they're an acquired taste from back when I first read the manga.

Will be interesting to see if the remake will just coast on nostalgia, or whether it's a good enough product to rope in new fans.

Why is she the greatest antagonist of all of Shounen Jump?

Why can't this series be all about her conquering and such?

I don't think I ever came across a series where nearly every female is the bad guy

You cant go wrong with looks like those.

>still no staff
I should just give up hope and expect nothing but shit.

Not very promising, if they're this hesitant to announce the studio at least, is it? I want to believe, but it's hard.

wheres my boy Nataku

>You cant go wrong with looks like those.

True plus she actually has the smarts to wreck her enemies so double the fun

>still no studio or staff
XEBEC INCOMING

Will you watch it if it's made by Toei?

TENKAAAAA!

I'm legit concerned that they cut Raishinshi out. I hope not.

The pics we have so far don't look like Toei.

Everyone shown so far.

tfw you're so powerful that you can even get away with being dressed like a party clown for hire.

>no spy girl

Because it literally is a old shonen.

If this is a remake, i really doubt they are gonna remove characters, unless said dudes were actually anime exclusive of course.

Raishinshi is from the manga but...
He was pushed aside and isn't that much help.
So I'm just worried that they decided to "cut out the fat" or something.

One of the few shounen manga that were a blast from start to finish and didn't even piss me off at the end. Maybe we get lucky and it gets made with endless Netflix money.

Speaking of gaijins, Houshin Engi's better directed at the Chinese weebs than Western audiences due to its lore. Netflix is getting in to China only this year thanks to a deal with Baidu, so I'd be surprised if Netflix had any interest in it yet.

How faithful was the old animu to the manga?

It wasn't.

Went original end about halfway through.

Manga it is.

inb4 this gets the Ushio To Tora treatment

I would be happy, to be honest

>One of the few shounen manga that were a blast from start to finish
And the others are?

Hmm, had to think about it but if I restrict it to battle shounen, I'd say some of the Jojos elicited similar reactions from me. Some other stuff may get an honorable mention, though those usually have some caveats, at least in my perception (Flame of Recca, Kekkaishi, etc.) and I still have to go through some classics, or haven't read them in their entirety.

I remember seeing this in Locomotion. I wish they would have redesigned at the very least the shoes.

>>still no studio or staff
>XEBEC INCOMING

Watch it done by Chinese studios like Emon

It's probably Mappa, r-right? Or M2, Maruyama's new studio that doesn't actually animated anything and outsources everything.

hasn't actually*