Let me get this right, he is immune to the influence of the Shadow Realm because of his ego?

Let me get this right, he is immune to the influence of the Shadow Realm because of his ego?

How the fuck does that work? In what fucking universe can you say "I don't believe in magic" even if it VERIFIABLY exists and it suddenly stops working on you.

And that's not all. He doesn't fucking believe in magic but draws a card that shouldn't even exist anymore after Atem's departure (Obilisk The Tormentor) through pure magic, which he doesn't believe in, out of the void and uses it in a dimension battle that functions based on magic, again, which he doesn't believe in.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's Kaiba, you don't question him. In all seriousness it's likely his Duel Disk has been created to repel any dark forces or some shit after seeing Marik do his shit.

Because he's Seto fucking Kaiba.

This is now a Marik Thread. The best villain in YuGiOh

The best villain was Serenity's virginity.

So does this mean Kaiba can kill Servants?

>through pure magic
Its manifestation was possible because of the cloud network tech he was using that tapped into his memories. Also, wasn't the whole 'magic isn't real' part of Kaiba just from the dub? I don't remember any such line when I watched DSOD, only him saying that his tech and dueling can repel any voodoo Aigami was up to.

You seem to be under the impression that Kaiba isn't using magic himself. He just doesn't know it.

yes, it tasted good too

The gist of it is that the Shadow Realm predates on insecurieties and lack of willpower, which Kaiba clearly doesn't have.

Posting due to how much of a badass yet autistic man, kaiba was in the last movie.

You think he died a virgin? I mean with his ancient wife being stuck as a dragon stuck in a card.

The whole I don't believe in magic shtick is just from the 4kidz localization. He's not a fucking idiot, he knows damn well what is going on. Kaiba's whole thing is that he doesn't give much of a damn and simply is convinced he can overcome everything those lunatics throw at him through his skills.

Force of will is also a kind of magic

>implying Kaiba wouldnt find a way to fuck his Blue-Eyes, dragon, card or girl

his narcissism is its own meme magic generated by him and directed at himself, making his continued existance a superhuman fact of reality.
its like the inverse of how in planescape torment you can convince a guy he doesn't exist so hard that he stops existing. kaiba believes in himself so much that nothing can remove kaiba. the only one to even come close was yugi, and that just immunized him against future defeats

replace skills with money, because that's literally all he did with everything. What? You're going to try to send me to another dimension? Well, fuck you, I threw enough money at it and made something that boosts my ego! To use an earlier example, the guy hired assassins and swindlers to get his 3 blue eyes just because he wanted him. In this series, Kaiba just throws money at things to win. When he can't win against something, in the case where he realizes he can never fight Atem anymore, he just throws even more money to get to the pharaoh

Are you really questioning Seto MOTHERFUCKING Kaiba?

But his skills got him that money :^)

Kaiba weaponised Autism like Asura weaponised Wrath.

>influence of the Shadow Realm
Is this some dub shit?
What the blue haired kiddo does is assimilate people into a collective consciousness, the victim's sense of self literally disappears and becomes one with all, kinda like the tango juice in Evangelion
However due to his new duel disk Kaiba's ego was at the fucking roof, he literally was too full of himself to be part of the collective consciousness

>4kids entertainment goes under.
>Konami buys out their production office and makes it a subsidiary.
>contune pumping out the same quality yugioh dubs.
It never ends.

>dubfags

yugioh was best when it had nothing to do with a consistent coherent card game

yugioh was at its best when kaiba started acting like a tcg themed batman villain

He never really acts like a villain though, if anything he's Batman himself

Here's all you need to know about Kaiba

I doubt Batman would kill people for some trading card.

If trading cards decided the fate of the world he would

He would in the 40s
Or certain silver age stories

No him being a horrible hypocrite is what got him his money
>I will do anything for my little brother
>So let me buy the stock of this closely nit company and threaten to fire all the workers who have people likely doing the same as me, all so I can ignore my brother in my vain attempts to beat one guy at a children's card game that eventually no one cares about because they make retarded shit like Synchros and XYZs that completely imbalance the game to the point people drop it

Stupid dubfag.

Kaiba isn't interested (romantically) in the blue eyes. He wanted to fuck Kisara herself, though. So yeah, totally died a virgin.

>The whole I don't believe in magic shtick is just from the 4kidz localization.

This. How the fuck do you think he managed to develop technology that blocks Aigami's magic powers if he didn't believe it exists?

Marik is merely best villain. Pegasus is all reigning supreme best antagonist.

Kaiba carried the show

>In what fucking universe can you say "I don't believe in magic" even if it VERIFIABLY exists
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UUUUUUUP

>Batman won't kill the Joker who has more kills than Nazi Germany at this point
>But he'll kill for a child's playing card
Shut the fuck up you retard, don't say shit you clearly don't know anything about

He didn't do it alone.

The heart of the cards isn't magic, it is just a program in the d-d-d-d-Duel Disk tm

Recommend me some good yu-gi-oh movies to watch. i need more ridiculousness in my life

Speaking of the dub Pegasus dub was hilarious. The amount of hamming it up the va did was amazing.

Dark Side of Dimensions is the only one worth watching

I'll give the guy credit, his is the only Yugioh dub voice I prefer over the original Japanese ones to the point that I'd occasionally use English voices in Duel Links just because of Pegasus. It just fits him very well, doesn't help that his character speaks a lot of English lines which sound weird in Japanese.

You guys made me remember that this existed: youtube.com/watch?v=NUW_pip1J5g

Love him during the VA duels at YCS's

And that's EXACTLY why Duel Links exists. You need to try it, shit is amazing.

But Duke easily defeated it without breaking a sweat

So nobody seems to have given the full explanation so I'll go ahead and cover it.

The way it works is that the Crystal Cloud Duel Disk utilizes his brain waves and uses them to manifest holograms and interface with the cards in his deck as well as the other functions of the disk. Combined with his spiritual ties via Priest Seto, Kaiba is effectively incapable of being assimilated into Aigami's cube and the Prana, because if Aigami attempts to assimilate him, Kaiba's ego will drive the Duel Disk to repel him.

Regarding Obelisk heeding his call, his ties to Priest Seto, the location, and his Duel Disk all combined to allow him to use a card that no longer physically exists, because his duel disk doesn't NEED physical cards. His ego and his status literally made it a reality.

Basically, fuck you, Kaiba does what he wants and doesn't give a shit about your magical bullshit.

I thought it was the laptop's on function.

This "shadow realm" shit is a shit invented for the anime to soften the show for kids.
In the manga, you have saws, explosions or other deadly traps if you lose the card game. The only magic is you can be trapped in an madness illusion and look like you're in the coma.

Tbh kaiba is just you after growing up, making money and shit knowing yourself and that no one can be better. Yugi is the past you that you can't beat cause you can't ever top your past self. just thought of this just then after reading like 10 posts everything is a meme wake the fuck up

Screw the rules he has money

w-what...
Kaiba is dead?!
How it happened??

He sends himself back in time so he can fight Atem one more time

Kaz said he lives, comes back to the present, and designs a game in space with Yugi.

It's canon that he lives.

The plot of this movie was pure nonsense and duels were garbage but holy shit Kaiba just makes everything he touches entertaining.
He is basically an autism god that can do whatever the fuck he wants and always gets away with it.

>He is basically an autism god that can do whatever the fuck he wants and always gets away with it.
And we all love him for that

>can do whatever the fuck he wants
Except beat Yugi at a card game

I haven't watched the dub, but how did they write the shadow realm into the movie?

It's ignored except in a single line in the last battle where "Yami no Game" was used in the original script. The movie's consequences are played straight in the dub, it's just that the banter and other lines are reduced to meme quips.

Special agent Dogett from the x-files did it

How did he summon the darkness the first time?

>Questioning our lord and saviour
You're a third rate OP posting in a third rate thread.

Still mad about this suicide shit.

This was the pic i was looking for
Also, enjoy one of the best scenes in the series
youtube.com/watch?v=xOJr1dTPSis

VJumps mention Kaiba picking up Obelisk from the rubble before the Duel since thats where Yugi and Atem held their last Ceremonial Duel
The part with him being immune is just a random plotpoint shoved in
DSOD was a bad movie which cut more than half of what Kazuki actually wanted to showcase
Not even all Cards from the Pack appeared in the Movie, which includes half of the magical Girl monsters
It´s is also based of the Manga counterpart of DM so a lot doesn´t apply there like Kaiba being there for the Ceremonial Duel
There are better characters than Kaiba in this franchise and you should rather watch the spin-offs instead of staying with all of the DM pandering
Having read all of the original Manga also doesn´t justify the Movie

You will never love anyone as much as Kaiba loves his Blue Eyes.

>DSOD was a bad movie which cut more than half of what Kazuki actually wanted to showcase

really?

Not that guy. I wouldn't say it was a BAD movie, but he is right in that it cut a lot of stuff Kaz originally wanted to do. The original drafts for the movie didn't even HAVE Yugi in them, but the staff eventually decided "we can't really have an anniversary Yugioh movie without Yugi".

what was the story going to be about then?

also, it seems like the movie suffered because of corporate interference

well he is facing a demon batgod right now so trading cards would come in handy

No clue. The manga prequel implied it would be about Kisara and Kaiba's ties, since that was a big thing that Kaz regretted not being able to cover in the original manga. There's no solid evidence and nobody's said anything beyond "originally the movie was about Kaiba exclusively and we didn't even have Yugi until the last couple of drafts."

>but draws a card that shouldn't even exist anymore after Atem's departure (Obilisk The Tormentor) through pure magic, which he doesn't believe in, out of the void and uses it in a dimension battle that functions based on magic, again, which he doesn't believe in.

watched the anime and played the game in 2005. pls link me to the episode where that happens. I've been meaning to watch an anime to give me dem nostalgia feels anyway.

I would have preferred a kisara kaiba storyline desu.

It´s mentioned for the Movie Yu-Gi-Oh! Dark Side of Dimensions
A continuation of the Duel Monsters manga which has Yugi and Kaiba

thx, just found that movie. fucking checked into VRAINS a few months back and holy shit is that a clusterfuck!

so that movie happens after all that shit with bakura in ancient egypt is resolved and yami yugi is dead in the present and ancient Kaiba, yami yugi's cousin, becomes pharao in the past?

K A I B A

watching it for her

If it wasn't for his denial of magic, Kaiba would be an extremely lame character.
I can't think of any other rivals that pulls as many cowardly moves as Kaiba.

how good would battler be at duel monsters

Can anyone knowledgeable about Yugioh tell me why Atem's friends and family aren't able to join him in the afterlife as well?

Specifically, Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician.

Atem's cards traveled with him to the afterlife as well, including the God Cards.

If so, wouldn't Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl go back to their original forms as Atem's tutor and Atem's childhood friend once they enter the afterlife?

Because Atem's palace guards got back their original bodies in the afterlife so shouldn't that also extend to Atem's friends and family as well?

They're not pharaohs. They have a different afterlife. The guards are original to the afterlife.

>Implying he wants to win
deep down, he needs someone he cant beat- if he won what would be left?

The Realm of Darkness popped up a few times in the manga, too. The anime just used it significantly more and the dub used it to explain everything.

In Egypt, only nobility could serve the royal family like in the tutor position.

There was the lower afterlife for commoners and the higher afterlife for the upper class.

Dark Magician and Dark Magician Girl should really be there with Atem.

Heck, Atem's parents should also be there.

I don't think the writers would want Atem to have a lonely afterlife after all.

Being nobility doesn't qualify you for the pharaoh afterlife.

hey vrains is just getting interesting Nurse Vyra is the second coming of the Marik, Bakura, Vector and Zarc "whats wrong with your face meme"

Uh no, he didn't. He only said that about possible future as alternative ending to the movie.

I thought he just went for another round in his simulation like he did at the start of the movie.

Kaiba is the greatest rival in the history of shonen.

joey is the king of facefuckery!

Serenity's virginity is for Joey only. As is Mai's.

The Shadow Realm turns people into assholes. Kaiba was an asshole to begin with.

You just know

You are either completely retarded or have only watched 4kids mangled abomination of a localization.

its shit asspullery in any case.