Dies irae

Because the anime isn't good (but it isn't bad either). Let discuss about the manga.
>imgur.com/a/sZWKv
I found this on bato.to site. So many differences between 2 version. And the complete version is actually good.

Other urls found in this thread:

raw-zip.com/manga-dies-irae-~amantes-amentes~-第01-03巻/
youtube.com/watch?v=lzkR7vMoq3M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Interesting comparison. Would be better if Yuske was the author of manga.

read the VN, cuck

>(but it isn't bad either)
Yes, yes it is. It's fucking abysmal.

Just imagine what will it look like when they'll get to the final fight. With that level of animation.

I read it, and I don't want to use my brain imaging everything anymore.

It's still mostly watchable, so I'd put it in the mediocre category.

The manga is bad too. Barely any Mercurius and feels about as rushed as the anime.
It also seems to be going Rea route.

I want to fuck Marie

Now if only the manga had good translations

> It's fucking abysmal.
No it's not, at all.

The only """fault""" the anime has is not having amazing animation, the rest is completely fine.

The rest is not "completely fine". The direction is awful, the animation is awful, the chara designs are awful, the script is awful, the music is mediocre, really the only thing it has going for it is the high class voice acting.

>The direction is awful
The only questionable thing in the direction is the fade to black, one or two are fine but they happen too often. The rest is perfect, there's even visual cues to help understand things
>the animation is awful
Not at all, there's no sakuga but the animation is fine the rest of the time. Characters rarely go off-model unlike 90% of anime even those with 10 times the budget
>the chara designs are awful
Same as the VN
>the script is awful
The script is completely fine, episode 1-3 introduce Ren, his life, his friends, solve a few mysteries and leaves you wondering for others.
> the music is mediocre
same as the VN
>the only thing it has going for it is the high class voice acting.
as if you understand japanese

You have no fucking idea what you are talking about.

You're decribing Dragon Ball Super or Kemono Friends, not Dies Irae

Hey, currently reading vn and im in that part where himuro kills that chick and i stop her
so far this is the most interesting thing that happened, but im still not completely engaged. when does this really get good? From what I've seen, I know like fraction of the cast and I still don't have the power I saw in the cover art I think. Should I continue or drop it?

Fuck that's scary. I want to fuck Rusalka so bad

Where can I find the raws? I remember seeing them a while ago but I can't find them now.
Specially interested in chapter 15.

>himuro kills that chick and i stop her
Are you sure you're actually reading the VN?

>I still don't have the power I saw in the cover art I think
So you barely even started?

fuck, meant Kasumi.

Rea never kills anyone though, she's a complete and utter pacifist. What the fuck are you talking about.
Do you mean Kasumi? If so you aren't even past the intro chapter.

yeah, sorry about that. Fuck, is it really? guess I'll continue.

Under 6.00 in MAL.

Western brainlets aren't capable of following a murder plot, fucking laughing my sides off

It's not really hard to find
raw-zip.com/manga-dies-irae-~amantes-amentes~-第01-03巻/

I didn't care about that score anymore. I think although in the future everything get explained, that score will still be decreased.
I didn't know why after this episode, they could ask a stupid question like: "How did he wake up on the bench?". Really? Kei actually told that Ren was subconciously chasing Kasumi when she was killing people. And they couldn't connect that detail to his waking up scene.

They gave low scores after the 0 episode. Some idiots because they couldn't understand what's happening and others because of muh nazis.

How long are the routes in KKK compared to Dies irae? I think I can manage difficulty-wise, but my reading speed is slower than I'd like.

The character designs are pretty much the only redeeming factor of the whole show. They may be a bit low in quality, but they're still pretty faithful to the vn designs while working with the none-existant animation.

Ren's new coat is fucking trash though.

It's from Pantheon

Blame Pantheon. Pic related shows they initially planned for it to look like his Pantheon coat before they chaged the arm stripes to orange for some reason

>sycophant
>garrulous
>dullard
>malleable
>umbrage
Who the fuck writes like this? There is no pattern of theme to all those words, they are all over the place, taken from diifferent countries and time periods. This "translaton" read like it was put together by a kid with a thesaurus.

This one is different though, it's a lot less retarded, good even.

The character designs are horribly inconsistent and off model half the time

>chaged the arm stripes to orange
They wanted to cash in on Re:Zero audience.
Every talentless hack tries to cash in on popular things.

(you)
Now seriously. Don't like the translation? Learn japanese and read the original

Best Girl.

t.Trifa

Who is this guy ?

Kei's grandma the 2nd Cain.
Wilhelm also wanted to bang her.

Ellie, aka female Ren.

>bang

You mean kill

Nah, that's Ellie

She is Kei grandma. Rei Sakurai.

Who is the girl between Rea and Kasumi?
I have no fucking idea so it must probably be someone from Ikebay

That's Claudia. Wilhelm's waifu

Claudia, she was in Bey's visual novel. Bey is so cool that he has his own visual novel and he also sung the OP of it too.
>youtube.com/watch?v=lzkR7vMoq3M

Not him but thanks for the link. I see that it has just been uploaded. Look like the raw was extracted from Kindle version, I see there is Kindle option of manga on Amazon.

I've read the manga, didn't play the VN. Did I get it right that Reinhard and Mercurius appear mostly only in the end of DI? And during the story they appear periodically for a short time but they don't participate in the fights and just wait for the final showdown? The story for the most part is just fights between Ren and mob nazis? I'll read the VN when I have time

Mercurius appears a shitload and acts as narrator for a lot of scenes throughout the entire VN.
Reinhard shows up once or twice near the end of the common route, which is about a third into most of the routes, but only really becomes an active actor at the end, yes.
I haven't read the Manga but I doubt it could have possibly captured what makes DI so good. It's mostly a visual medium while DI's strength lies in the writing - the dialogue, all the monologues, the narration.

Lmao

>Mercurius appears a shitload and acts as narrator for a lot of scenes throughout the entire VN
So he has a narrator role but he doesn't take part in fights and doesn't talk with characters directly?

He talks to Marie in a few of the beach episodes and drops a line or two for Ren here or there, but he doesn't take part in any of the action, no.

didn't read marie's route but why the fuck was mercurius so fixated on her? is having an innocent soul yet having a tragic background that big of a deal? seriously, she's definitely the most unnecessary component in the story and it's mind boggling how mercurius jumps through hoops for an eternity just for her sake.

Reminder to read Zoroaster said so if you want to understand Angry Day beyond surface level

Well it's a pity they have so little time in the main plot. They are the most interesting characters in my opinion. It's a shame they didn't get active roles for the most part.

Honestly, you'll know why they don't appear in the beginning or middle of the VN later on.
It's because they're both fucking broken,
Mercurius more so than Reinhard. If Reinhard were to ever enter the stage, it'd be a game over for everyone present, even if only at 20% strength or so. Let's not start talking about hwo broken Mercurius is.

Because he can't touch her? I wonder would he still be so fixated on her if he was able to touch her.

I wanna impregnate that aho.

He's fixated on her because she is the single completely pure and unspoiled being he's ever come across, she became a gudou god as soon as she managed to form her first thoughts, almost immediately upon being born. She's incredibly special.

Why Rusalka got a downgrade in appearance in KKK? Everyone else got an upgrade.

They're like 9999lvl characters in world where 99lvl is cap

10% KEMONO-DONO was way too fucking strong for Ren, Ahotaru and Shirou to deal with on Kei's route, Reinhard is the definition of a unfair character..

Just a question about something I'm confused about: Why exactly Reinhard can't take the Throne? Does Mercurius' death means he automatically dies as well?

They never really specified how many % he was using against Kei, Shirou and Ren. Or in general. The only ones to have gotten a rough % estimate were Albedo, Rubedo and Nigredo.
They just said "he's at a fraction of his power". Could be 1/5, 1/8 or 1/10.

Yes. Apoptosis and all. If one dies the other dies, too. It's why Marie can take the throne with no problems, she's not bound to Mercurius' world.

>It's because they're both fucking broken
Was it really necessary to make characters so broken they can't even take active part in the story? It would be better to give them more time even if they weren't so broken.

They still somehow manage to steal the spotlight in every single scene they're in so they did something right.

Yes, because Dies Irae is metafiction.

It really is a betrayal of the VN.

>Was it really necessary to make characters so broken they can't even take active part in the story?
Yes. Reinhard's whole deal is that he loves everything in existence, but is so powerful that none can whitstand his true love and he just ends up destroying everything. He's a being born into a world with the wrong difficulty setting. Merc's whole deal is that he's lived for too long and wants to die and have Marie take his place, but he's too powerful for his Law to end. Without overwhelming power they wouldn't be who they are.

>Without overwhelming power they wouldn't be who they are
But doesn't it reduce their value as a good written characters? When you can't even show your character properly it's not good for him plot wise in my view.

They get shown off properly though?
Both Reinhard and Mercurius get a metric shitload of characterization and have more than enough opportunities to get the reader to appreciate them.
If they were simply there along with Wilhelm and Rusalka and Ren would run into them every other night their characters wouldn't work at all and their impact and presence would be severely diminished.

They have tons of screentime in VN. Plus side stories.

Other than this and Fate, what are some chuuni VNs available in English?

Demonbane (Kishin Hishou translation never)
Tsukihime (remake never)
Tokyo Babel

KKK doesn't have routes in the usual sense. The main story is completely linear and the choices generally decide scenes with which pair of characters you would see. After the Yato fight, depending on your choices before, you get something similar to the epilogue for the pair. And then, after you read all four of them, you can read the actual ending.
All in all, KKK is much shorter than dies, I don't think it's much longer that 30 hours even with the bonus scenes from Akebono.

If you're VN newfag play Rance.

Check out following brands: propeller, Nitro+, Akatsuki Works, Lass.

>Nitro+
Isn't it a BL publisher?

Yeah, Muramasa was pretty gay.

>8 years Muramasa anniversary
>no translation
Mangagamer please

>Mangagamer
Nitro got themselves trapped in a deal with JAST

What is this series even about all I understand is that it has something to do with Nazis?

Foreknowledge

Drop it, go read something easier instead.

Sorry fella but Nitro are stuck with JAST who are moving at snail speed. Muramasa translation never, you can probably learn Japanese and read Muramasa faster than they can release it in English.

It's the meat of Thus spoke Zarathustra with some spice from other literary works disguised as metafiction disguised as an opera disguised as a chuunige.

You'd think chuunige would be the base level

>it's been so long since the last time I've seen the original encouraging picture that my first thought was "why this silly edit"

How can Nasu even compare?

It's the surface level

Nigger they have hours upon hours of screentime

Foreknowledge and shit

Gold dissolves in Iodine. Checkmate, nazies.

Post Banzai.

Read the fucking VN, both of them get more than enough screen time.