Why did Araki like Polnareff so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

jojo.wikia.com/wiki/JoJonium/Special_Interviews
twitter.com/asikoh009/status/925014595135201280
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HX4-WXVd0
twitter.com/asikoh009/status/925133230407217152
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He likes turtles

Maybe because his character was fun to work with, or because his experiences really touched Araki.
I don't know if Araki has every said something about his love for Polnareff.

Araki likes rape.

Because he's a frenchaboo.

>Ouiaboo

He's hard to hate is why

Because he realized he created a character more interesting/fun than the MC of that part.

>iconic antagonist is Italian
>so is the whole Zeppeli family
>part 2 is set mostly in Italy
>part 5 is set entirely in Italy
Guess France has been NTR'd all this time then.

>iconic antagonist is Italian
Seeing as Diavolo isn't really iconic I'm assuming you're talking about Dio, but he isn't Italian, only his name is

Who doesn't?

Josuke

Iggy.

Iggy loved him in the end.

"When you think about characters who grew on the most on the journey to defeat DIO, the first one who comes to mind is Polnareff. He went from a lone wolf who only cared about getting revenge on his sister to one of the allies who supported the Joestar group to the end. It was a lot of fun drawing his growth through his battles with Stand users on the way to Egypt. For better or worse, Polnareff's lines always stand out, so readers may think he gets a lot of screen time. Jotaro is the main character, of course, and Joseph is the navigator. Polnareff was the best answer I could come up with for a personality and visual appearance that would still be able to stand uniquely apart from those two. He makes up for what the two Joestars can't do... So he may have always been special to me. (Laughs) For example, when he's with Jotaro and Joseph, Polnareff becomes a character who can both tell jokes and act serious. Polnareff's the one who always falls into enemy traps and has bathroom trouble on the journey. If that had happened to Jotaro, it would have made him seem too careless, and the story would have gotten off-kilter. That's why I had no choice but to put in Polnareff as much as I did. Compared to Kakyoin and Avdol, Polnareff is a light, straightforward man who goes out of his way for others, and tends to stick his nose where it doesn't belong. Thanks to that, he got a lot of screen time. Also, whenever I drew him, his silhouette always seemed to be a lot more imposing than his other allies. I based his memorable hairstyle on foreign models and sort of powered up Stroheim's hairstyle from Part 2.
(1/2)

Since he got so much screen time, he also got a lot of battles. Devo, J. Geil, Alessi, and Vanilla Ice... He fought a lot of DIO's men, and I was always worried that I might have to make Polnareff lose, or even kill him. Within his battles I saw the unique excitement of not knowing who's going to come out of this alive, similar to with "The Magnificent Seven." Polnareff grew precisely because he conquered so many do-or-die situations.
Lastly, about the name Jean P. Polnareff. My three favorite French people are Alain Delon, Jean Paul Belmondo, and the singer Michel Polnareff. So I was influenced by their names. And back then, the first French name that came to my mind was Jean Paul. There's also a famous chocolatier named Jean Paul Hévin, so I'd probably feel the same way now."
(2/2)
jojo.wikia.com/wiki/JoJonium/Special_Interviews

oi64111340
>read part about Kakyoin
>it only mentions his design and his Stand
Being Donut-kun is suffering.

twitter.com/asikoh009/status/925014595135201280

>During this journey, you can sense that although they become friends, there is still a sense of distance. But I wonder how it would’ve been like if they didn’t have their Stand abilities as common ground...Considering their personality types, they probably would not have become friends (Laughs). I bet Kakyoin would’ve become better friends with Josuke from Part 4.
How did fujos react? Also I don't get how Josuke and Kakyoin would get along. I guess they both had stands since childhood and they both had gentle nature but that's it

They could play video games together.

My question is how he could not like Polnareff? The dude is great, and it's pretty obvious to see that Araki fell in love with him partly through the series. He may as well be the main character at many points.

Because he's the best character.

furrytaro

Dio is English

Of Part 3 and 5.

Where is all this going ?

To your grave.
You rock humans don't deserve to live.

>2.93MB

What Rock cucked you then, user?
You always seem so hateful every thread. Almost as butthurt as your girl was last night.

>Almost as butthurt as your girl was last night
Leave Yasuho out of this.
Unless you have any answers for me, you won't live anothe~~~r breath.

So Kira's bubbles were the ones made of strings, right? It makes more sense that vibratey things would cause explosions than it would for them to plunder things

Nah that was Josefumi.

But why though? Explodey strings make more sense than stealy strings

Did Polnareff ever make that pose in the anime?

Underrated post

What makes any sense about explodey strings? Josefumi's ability makes more sense with the grafting and all.

>t. xFort's son from the future

Because the strings vibrate. Vibration means an increase in energy, which means an increase in heat, which means explosions

They spin.

Ok really retarded question here
are there any colored mangas for sale? I would like to buy part * in color or is that not possible?

please respond

Why there are so many stealth jojo part 5 anime hype/shilling lately? Did Hiro actually made Sup Forums as a fucking stealth ads ground and hes getting paid for it? Fuck off stupid japs, the manga will aleays be more superior than its anime adaptation.

Wait, so if Jonathan1 supposedly had a version of Hermit Purple all through Part 1 but just wasn't seen or utilized and that's why Johnny gets to have a stand but it's Tusk instead of Hermit Purple, Why was Diego able to manifest a perfect recreation of The World? If stands are bound to souls and that's why, why did Johnny get Tusk instead of Hermit Purple? If it's because Hamon manifested as the Spin in the SBR universe, why did that happen when other things can carry over perfectly? Why does Diego look a lot like Dio but Johnny looks nothing like Jonathan1?

Has anything actually been confirmed about it?

What are you talking about? It's a different universe. Araki never made these kinds of rules.

no, the guy is just a literal Schizophrenic

Can I see the part 5 adaption early if I become schizophrenic?

Creators love oddballs because they are convenient, and let them do things they normally wouldn't get to do.

If you have a series full of serious people then you have to treat everything logically instead of doing whatever you want.

no, but you will start to see "shills" everywhere
Not really anime related, but there's a lithuanian guy(this is relevant because I'm Lithuania) on youtube, he's like 50 years old and randomly films people saying that they are KGB spies after him. So the people who see shills everywhere are like him or there actually genuine shills.

Not possible.

if it's not troubling for you, could you tell me why not?

Because colored version is digital.

It's called Ireneverse =/= SBRverse and not everything has to be related to it because it's the same series stupid.

From middle part 3 to middle part 4 was the best artstyle of whole series.

>implying spinning doesn't require energy nor create friction

It certainly has a flair of it's own

Yes. Right amount of swole but a good balance of goofy quirks. The only other type of art that tried to do something like it was early Part 8 when Yasuho found the keys.

7>late 3>5>late 8>4>6>1/2

Late part 4 and part 5 was best.

Because he was the real MC he created for part 3 until he realized he needs a Jojo so that's why we have Jotaro.

not anymore

What

Yes.

Each part has at least one reference to Italy, except for Stardust Crusaders (unless you count Alessi which is an Italian surname) and, so far, JoJolion
>William Anthonio Zeppeli is a born Italian
>Cesar is Italian and the Pillar Men are found in Rome under the Colosseum
>Tonio is Italian and has an Italian restaurant
>the entirety of part 5
>Pucci belongs to an old Italian family
>Gyro Zeppeli, Oyecomova and Wekapipo are all Neapolitan

Any new versions of those?

youtube.com/watch?v=Y0HX4-WXVd0

Obligatory Gyro post

Who are the most OVERRATED characters?

Polnareff was the real protagonist

Kira

Joseph

Jotaro

Joseph, Kira, Gyro

correct

DIO

Valentine

I wonder who could be behind this post?

JoJo

Valentine by far. He spends most of the comic being a greedy fat goblin who fails to make much of an impression, is briefly a charismatic and generically evil villain, gets a flashback lifted right from Pulp Fiction, and then makes a speech about how he was only doing it for the greater good before being caught out on a lie and dying unceremoniously.

I dunno my dude, maybe you should start looking at other girls.
I always feel so icky going through the /trash/ archives
I still don't know how we have a 3 concurrent Terencefags and had Terence spammers in the past.

Still better than dio, kars,diavolo, and pucci

I almost mentioned that Valentine's fans are fucking abysmal as a point against him, but meta shit isn't the characters fault.

Everyone in Stone Ocean.

twitter.com/asikoh009/status/925133230407217152

Why are they 9 Egyptian gods? Where did Araki get that from?

His ass. There's also Khonshu, Ra and a fuckton of others.

This

That's what I thought. I like it when mangaka show off their knowledge, but sometimes Araki talks about shit that I believed at first but is 100% bullshit.
It seemed really weird to me that there wasn't a Nut stand since she and Geb are siblings. I was expecting Ra, Amun and Isis too, that naming theme was pretty cool. It's like Araki stopped naming stands after gods to make a fucking ice cream pun.

Araki gets lots of things wrong. In Stone Ocean he managed to fuck up Vincent Van Gogh's backstory completely - he thought that he shot himself in the head, instead of being infamous for shooting himself in the stomach and dying later due to shitty medical treatment.

based hairposter

We just see in Valentine what you clearly can't, sweetie.

Josuke

madman

Since DavidPro's getting BTFO, what studio should continue JoJo adaptation, Sup Forums?

it's-a-me, m-
wait who the fuck

BING
BING
SOFT AND WETO

None of them.

Sometimes it reminds me of when Karl Pilkington tried to explain how Plato died. Concepts and good ideas go into his head and just get filtered through and come out something weird. I feel it's going to happen with biblical references with Jojolion already and the same with the science in SO.
>It's like Araki stopped naming stands after gods to make a fucking ice cream pun.
Well, Ice wasn't a human stand user by the time they met him so I suppose it made sense that he didn't get the same naming theme. But I agree, it's still really out of place. I could imagine the smug face when he wrote that down.
If Atum took Kakyoin's soul, could Crazy Diamond punch it back in before it got put into the doll, if that makes sense? Sort of how he did with Hayato.
>No dangle on the hat
Disgusting.

Soft and Wahoo