2007>2009>2002>1999>2005>2006>2010>2004=2003>2001>2008>2000

ANIME BACK THEN
>2002
ANIME NOW
>2010
WHERE DID IT GO WRONG

i would feel bad myself if my progress was like this

how is this allowed?
i remember the author of this is supposed to be a popular western artist and he thinks he can't go wrong and started defending this book

Fucking Yakubite right here.

I still can't get over when SA was released after this image and we saw Satori

I dunno about you but I would read the fuck out of a Manga with that art

I think you're thinking of Christopher Hart, another author of terrible manga tutorial books.

I remember this book from a scholastic book fair. I'm pretty sure its responsible for the 90's anime impression art style used in everyone's newgrounds flashes throughout the mid 2000's.

>general

Literally all of the 'Western style' panels do a better job at conveying the intended emotion.
'Intensity' looks embarrassed, 'grief' looks shellshocked, 'fury' lacks the drama and intensity of the body-shot with that shading, and 'romance' looks like the guy is tripping over.

This is racist

The very definition of talentless, to be really blunt.

He probably realized it down the line, but after reaching a point it becomes hard to look back and call all that effort a waste so he continues to try.

Or maybe he actually just enjoys drawing.

I also love to shit right next to the toilet.

>this thread
how and why

Why the fuck does he do that with the eyelids?
Weren't most old style animus drawn with straight eyelids, as a line?

More like what happens when you don't learn fundamentals and keep copying styles with no discipline. There's going to be no improvement because they lack the understanding to base their development on.

No shit Sherlock