Shiki Thread

Why would the doctor befriend such a worthless monk?

Other urls found in this thread:

anime.thehylia.com/soundtracks/album/shiki-op-single-kuchizuke
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wew, guess it's already that time of the month to rewatch

But can he kill servants ?

It's a small town, and childhood friends.

Give him one to operate on and he'd do it. If Shirou can, based doctor can.

No

They probably met and made friends back when they were kids, before it became apparent the monk was a wanker.
A lot of friendships last long out of inertia, even when the things that brought them together are gone

Ozaki did things wrong. He was quick to abandon the lives of the "infected" even though the means for peaceful coexistence existed. He and the monk personally experienced the fact that fact themselves as well, being fed from non-fatally, yet Ozaki never tried to pursue a peaceful outcome or at least negotiate a ceasefire. Sure the village were not the aggressors, but the vampires were originally aggressed against as well. Even in Sunako's case, she was retaliating against the world. His own ruthlessness spread to the villagers, which lead to them killing eachother needlessly as well.

His decisiveness and resolve are both admirable, but you can't honestly say that a man who tortured loving wife to death is not at fault in his methods.

Hey, a Shiki thread, just finished my rewatch so the timing is great. I had forgotten most what goes down in the show so the experience was fresh, but still I could never forget how utterly wrong and deserving the death the Shiki were

Well to be fair he's justifying himself that researching in her is okay because she's already dead as human. It's kinda makes a sense since vampires hunt humans down and he can't think anything else but research using his wife.

All she deserved was my dick, and nothing else.

>have a clearly defined moral code, which he actually follows
>ready to face discrimination and possibly death for believing in values that are more than virtuous
>never fall into insanity or dangerous mob mentality but always act rationally and following your ideal ethics
>"a worthless monk"
When will this meme end?

Would a blowjob from Sunako hurt?

When a group of "people" intrudes upon your village and kills numerous of your fellow villagers, you don't really consider peaceful solutions as a valid option. The intruders made their intent clear, trying to reason with them is a risk that isn't worth taking.

Wrong. Most Shiki who revived were awful people. Plus as Yuki pointed out no one ever asked them to join their little cult group. Would have been different if they had a choice. Every shiki at least in that group deserved to get the hammer.

>even though the means for peaceful coexistence existed

Bullshit. Each zombie vampire had to eat every single day and a human would be dead within 3-4 days of feeding. On top of that the turning rate of a human into a zombie vampire is ridiculously high like 1/5 so more are constantly being made. The whole idea of a zombie vampire village being sustainable was retarded and pointless, especially when they never talking about things like feed rotations or human farming to maintain a food supply. There was no endgame plan at all even though Sunako had a century to think of one. It's that issue that made me completely unable to sympathize with the shiki and the show, also the absolutely retarded monk.

I think any kind of peaceful solution would realistically be impossible, as the the Shiki are biologically disease that spreads so fast it would unchecked destroy all humanity. And when people would die, Shiki would also starve, leading to a complete apocalypse. Coexistense is pretty much impossible when you're dealing with realities such as this.

But that's what I said too

Probably, but it would be fucking worth it.

My bad, I read "how utterly wrong and undeserving the shiki's death were". I should learn to slow down when I read.

viva la revolution, death to the bourgeois

That's exactly where he was wrong though. Her brain was active, his own machine recorded that, and she showed clear signs of sentience. He even succeeded in keeping her from being brainwashed against the village by the vampires because she revived in his care, making her potentially an incredibly valuable asset alive. Even if he disregarded any desire to save his wife, it was a major practical error to stake a captured, living vampire to his fucking dissection table.

Just think about this from a wider perspective a bit:
>Outbreak of a virtually unheard-of contagion happens in bumfuck nowhere country, devastating the local population.
>Local doctor gets his hands on an even more rare living, cooperative victim of said contagion that may be instrumental in treating or even curing it.
>He records himself slicing her up and killing her on his dissection table because muh vampires.
>Also she's his fucking wife.

MACHINES OF LABOR

I mean they'd probably be detained permanently and rationed by the blood bank while others get studied for a cure and more likely for ways to increase the lifespan of elites but they wouldn't be getting dragged into the sun and decapitated at least.

He didn't give two shits about his wife. He wanted that nurse pussy.

Nurse also would have lived if he was less ruthless. We know for a fact that she posed absolutely zero threat to anybody whatsoever.

But the nurse didn't die because of the doctor's village wide witchhunt, she wasn't captured and dragged into the sun or anything. She died of her own accord, easily one of the most respectable characters in the entire show. Unless you mean it's his fault that she became a shiki which I can't actually remember how.

WEW nevermind I forgot more than I thought. Even though she promised to accept death she got stabbed anyway. To be fair she would have died regardless at least.

Death to capitalist bats

This is the most objective review on what that mad doctor have done. He killed his vampire wife to feed his curiosity and desire to study them. The only useful information that he got was they die if their heart is pierced through, which just a common knowledge. He just wasted her life and his time. I wish every recording and document he made got burned along with the town.

Doc was based, what the fuck is all this shit in this thread? Is Sup Forums vampire sympathizers nowadays?

>Moral code is to not be responsible for killing people even if it means protecting innocents.
>Kill people to protect innocents
>Following a consistent moral code

If he was actually playing to his ethical code, he would have done everything in his power to save Sunako SHORT of murdering other humans, but he didn't stop there, ergo he was literally just some retarded fuck

They've been bitten and ordered to shitpost on Sup Forums to divert hatred against the shiki.

This is what I'm unironically starting to believe.

>ywn have a liquor store owner this based in your town

People only pay attention to his strengths because his wife was an ugly hag. If she was a cute loli he'd be universally despised and an underappreciated hero rather than an overrated one.

>people surprised there are vampire sympathizers on Sup Forums
Do you not realize what day it is?

But the wife was pretty hot, if you can get past the fact all the characters have hairstyles that defy physics.

Reminder you wouldn't give a shit if it wasn't a cute girl

But the character design is so horrible none of the characters are cute.

This is cute.

Sure, but she hardly even looks like that in the anime.

Vampires went after her by pretending to be Doc because she saw a vampire before and was a known ally of the Doc

Po' lil' nurse got DP'd

>Po' lil' nurse got DP'd
Why do you write like this?

Doctors are supposed to protect living humans

Not undead soulless monstrosities that shouldn't exist

Because I want to and I can

I guess that's reasonable, but it also makes you look like a fucking retard so there's that. But it's really your call.

Reddit seems more your speed

Hey now, Ritsuko legitimately did nothing wrong

Alpha as fuck only a cuck would save that bitch after she cheated on him. Before someone says she was controlled rewatch her meeting that werewolf asshat she looked ready to play to me. She struck me as a gold digger who married for wealth and status. If anything he should thank the vampires for providing him a way to be rid of her.

Hey man, you're free to do whatever you want, it's a free board. You can also post in Reddit if that's your thing seeing how you seem to be familiar with how the site apparently works. Don't let anyone tell you what to do.

Gotta post best boi before the thread dies

He's talking about monk, not doctor.

A monk falls in love with a doctor.
Unable to confess, he is gifted with by a deus ex machina with the doctor’s clinic phone number. Never minding the strange area code, he immediately calls him, and is overjoyed to find out that he has a crush on him as well.
But, the next day, when he recounts the previous day’s confessions to the doctor, he only looks at him with a perplexed expression. After some investigation, the monk finds out that the doctor he called is not the same doctor he fell in love with. In fact, he doesn’t exist in this universe at all. He is the doctor's alternate universe counterpart, who has fallen in love with the MC’s own AU self, who too is blissfully unaware of his crush.
Hijinks ensue as the two strike up a deal to show each other their darkest, most private secrets in order to equip the other with the weapons they need to conquer the Shiki residence. While the two chase their respective loved ones, DRAMA ensues as they begin to fall in love with each other instead and question the NATURE of IMMORTALITY.

This webm is the entire reason I picked up the series. Well worth the pay off, too bad I cant find the full OP anywhere.

You didn't look very far
anime.thehylia.com/soundtracks/album/shiki-op-single-kuchizuke
Can't vouch for the quality but its there.

Thanks man. I didnt bother to look for direct download sites since theyre usually adware/virus central and my usual torrent sites didnt have any seeders for it.

>doesn't have a membership to jpopsuki

Honestly the full version isn't as good as the TV one, doesn't have the same punch to it.

>muh seekrit klub wankery
Yeah no.

>Honestly the full version isn't as good as the TV one
Fucking hate when this happens. Hero Aca did it, countless Tokusatsu shows do it, why not just give us the studio edited version that play in show?

Lmao you're fucking retarded

The single usually includes the tv version, you're just not getting a full length song.

This one is actually edited differently though. The TV version doesn't exist in the actual song, you gotta get the TV version in the OST for that.

Weird. And I have to correct myself, because I just checked and the Kuchizuke single doesn't even have a tv length included.

Suggest anime as good as this and I will host a stream tonight and we all can watch it together.

I really don't think there's anything out there quite like Shiki though.

Ghost Hound is spooky, but the ending kinda blows.

>"I like Sup Forums because we get to talk about anime"
>"But also lets not talk about anime"

/wsr/ is for anime recommendations

Seriously, fuck Megumi, she was such a petty bitch. I was so glad she kept taking L after L

>It's common knowledge
Shit like this needs confirmation, concrete evidence that it is in fact what ends a vampire.
He tried all sorts of logical things that you think could work before resorting to superstitions such as idols and stakes.
It just happened that all those superstitions happened to be effective.
If he went in blind, then first of all he could've done so way earlier to save lives, but he didn't know that it'd work. And if it happened to not work, then he'd spark a war that the humans had no chance of winning because they didn't have any countermeasures.

>He just wasted her life and his time
She didn't have a life to waste user. She was already dead. That's the point, the vampires are all already dead and are being put to rest.

MACHINES OF LABOR

fug I lost the screencap

>be enlightened by your own intelligence
>son and wife are dying
>thisisfine.jpg
>kids unenlightened by their lack of intelligence show up with their religion
>internal reeee
>"sure thing kids leave it to me"
>throw out their trinkets of nonexistent gods
>that'll show them
>go to sleep
>wake up to letter from wife
>"I'm leaving you. Also our son is dead"
>wife is actually dead but he doesn't know this

What was his critical mistake?

Kek.

Why did the faggot get away Scot-free?

I was planning to put a stream up for everyone where we can watch some anime together and shitpost.
But fuck you. You are not getting any stream from me now.

I thought I had it but all I've got is this.

It's commentary and a warning that sympathizers are just as dangerous and you nip them in the bud

I don't need a stream since I have the show on DVDs.

It's always fun watching it together with fellow anons.

>just a common knowledge

yoshie a cute!

post doctor

There's only a handful of decent art of him though. Here's a shit screencap.

This show had the wackiest hairdos I have ever seen.