kanaday.com/money.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>it's real
How do they even survive?

>10,780 yen a day
Eh, It's a good wage

Can I meet my wife there?

Can I meet user's wife there?

The Japanese animation industry is more exploitative of autistic persons than anywhere else on the planet

It’s not THAT bad, but it’s still very low for what you do

I make more than that as a dishwasher

I make more as a tech support in a fucking Balkan shithole

For perspective:

>poor college student working part time in walmart
>make 10.50 an hour brainlessly stocking meat
>make more than a japanese animator
How is the industry not dead yet? do we have to wait for the current animators to die off/kill themselves before manga becomes the only median for weebs?

Holy shit I could get 7 burgers after just an hour? What the fuck I love Japan now.

People with a passion for something are quite willing and even happy to work for low pay initially to get a foot in the door. The anime industry consistently exploits that.

Well its animators and studios fault.

What do you want? For anime dvd's and blue-rays to cost more than 200$?
If there is someone to blame is you.

the capitalist public who only wants thing produced fast and only wants series to pump and dump and then buy figurines of characters they have already bought because muh stereotypes muh tsunderes muh yandere and so and so on

Then, there are the animators that don't even form unions because they are probably too busy thinking what they are going to give their kids to eat tomorrow

Then there are the studios that have these work conditions and try to eat their employees life's away

Then its the japanese culture which is clearly shit for modern times
>M-Muh honor desu

Seriously, it's fucked up. To live decently you need at least 2500$ if you live alone and want to be able to save, have hobbies and enjoy a quality of normal life, if you have kids it won't be anough

Fuck japan, anime should be bought by disney, at least they pay well and gove creative freedom to their artists
I feel so bad for them, I bet most of them live in those cockroach infested japanese apartments

Japan is really not as great as people think outside of what you can see with tourism

Poor bastards. Good thing I learned while I was still l deciding on a job to go after opportunity not passion.

Huh? Where
I had 5$/hour or less

holy shit I earn that in like 3 hours

You sure do like that enter key spacing don't you. Also wanting jewsney to have anything is quite revealing.

>anime should be bought by disney
You can't buy a medium. It's like saying "all newspapers should be bought by Rupert Murdoch", or "all books should be bought by Macmillan Publishers".

Why do you love pressing that enter key so much, user?
It's a shitty situation, yeah, but nothing a westerner can do about it.

>How do they even survive?
working 72 hours a week
you save money because you have no time to spend it
and
you work longer so earn more money

Well maybe not Disney, you are right.
Maybe I will support netflix, that should be ok too. Anyway, what do you suggest we do to help? We consume anime we should try to help at least giving them the money they deserve.

>How is the industry not dead yet? do we have to wait for the current animators to die off/kill themselves before manga becomes the only median for weebs?

Then they will outsource the animation to vietnam or bangladesh, probably will be shit, but if we are used to something in this industry is to shit

Does anyone have that animators cry for help text from an anime
Where an animator wrote in a cry for help into the text of a book the character was writing in

Why do publishers, who make shitloads of money with anime, not care about this situation? Even if they think it's great to make so much out of effectively slave labor, they have to see that they will drain all talent from the industry.
What do they plan to do after everyone competent has given up on being animator? No, 3D CGI is not the answer, because it's way more expensive.

>770 yen/hour
>Toyama
>no experience required
>P.A works also probably offer that 15k/month worker dormitory
Not bad.

Most people working in the anime industry do not have children.

There are always stories coming out from these kinds of people that realise they have been had after a few years of getting nowhere becoming disillusioned with the industry. The rate of drop out is quite high among the newer animators.

ok sauce me sempai

I'm literally asking for the image, how would i be able to give you sauce? If i knew where it was from or if i had the picture i would have posted it.

Also, its a fucking full time position which is a big benefit considering the amount of people that are just getting paid per drawing if doing inbetweens or by the cut doing key animation.

They're society is basically a hardcore ancient feudal society. They don't care because everyone below them are fucking slaves who better keep filling their pockets or fuck off.

>netflix
Strewth.
I haven't ever used that, but if you're basically forcing companies to take over, I'd rather hae Amazon. Netflix's original production are piss-awful and don't sound like they will age well. Amazon, on the other hand, has masterpieces that will be looked back at in 30 years with respect.

Offer better wages?

It's basic economics. As long as there are enough people are willing to work for 770 you can get away with it. If the labor train stops, you adjust wages just enough to get people willing to work for that new amount again.

This will continue the slow switch to replacing 2D with 3D. Anime contains more and more 3D to take workload off the shrinking 2D animator teams. Ironically this means anime will became more expensive for publishers, because they actually have to pay the 3D workers.

nickelodeon which is an American company treated it's animators like shit.

It's not that I disagree with your point, but in what fucking universe does Disney give creative freedom to their artists? Look at what happened to Tangled and Frozen. Those movies, though good, are shells of what they could have been. Disney wants marketable. Disney wants a product they can sell in the form of not just DVDs but costumes, books, toys, dolls, plates, fucking stationary!

Oh, you can be sure they will find measures to cut costs.
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a lot of reused stock backgrounds in the next 5 years. Or at least backgrounds with only minimal modifications.

Damn so a shitty slave job in japan has 30% better pay, their accomodations are cheaper, the food is priced the same than what i have here and people say thats inhumane wat

Not the guy you're replying to, and I'm not an American, and I don't know all that much about Nickelodeon, but the fact that they made AtLA in-house, and had to outsource Korra to Pierrot and Mir Studio speaks a lot.
Could you elaborate a bit? How exactly were they treating their animators like shit?

Compared to what? What 3rd world shithole has a minimum wage of 6 bucks?

I worked in nickelodeon as an animator, it is true, however things are changing now because SJW are trying to make employees have a say and ask for more in return which I think is great
Recent scandals have called the attention of fans also.
I love anime, and I hope animation won't remain a cuckprofession forever

There isn't enough demand for anime to make up for a price cut. Lets say you're looking to buy your favorite ecchi anime on BD because you're a degenerate and really need to see your waifu again. But the BD box set costs ¥ 30,000. Oh no, tai hen! You cannot possibly afford that without seriously cutting into your ramen noodle budget. Those publishers are such bakas, they'd make so much more money if they just charged less, so more people could buy it, right?

No, that's where you're wrong, weeaboo-kun. Lets consider the scenario where they cut the price of that box set in half to ¥ 15,000. To make up for the price cut they would need to make twice as many sales. Do you actually think twice as many people would buy that lewd ecchi anime at $150 as opposed to $300? The answer is no. That means they would lose money. Even if they slashed the price to $20, a full 1/15 of the original price, they wouldn't be able to pull in 15x the original number of sales because there simply aren't that many degenerate otakus willing to buy anime. Most people here probably haven't bought any type of anime merch whatsoever, and still wouldn't regardless of the price.

No you are mistaken.
Studios have milkcows and then have star products.
Frozen was a milkcow
Moana was a star product

Studios do need to make sacrifices, but disney pays their animators really really well

Less than 6€/hour? You can make more cleaning toilets in Finland. About 9€/hour, in fact.

some of them don't

I made even more back when I was NEET.

The thing is 770 isn't that bad compared to what you can get paid in the normal system.

This is from PA Works FAQs from applicants.
pa-works.jp/q-a/index2.html

>Q 採用時の雇用形態は?A 嘱託。出来高制です。動画単価は作品によって違います。P.A.WORKSが 外注として受けた動画は、基本的にそのままの単価で支払われます。 テレビシリーズの動画単価は1枚220円~240円くらいでしょう。

Normally everything works on a commission system. You get paid by the drawing doing inbetween animation and by the cut doing key animation.

P.A Works pays between 220-240 yen for each drawing if you are doing in between animation. You would need to do four complete in between drawings an hour to make an equivalent wage in the normal system which doesn't sound like an easy task to me.

>シリーズの原画単価は1カット3,500円~4,000円くらでしょう。原画になって1年で 1ヶ月に50カットを目標にしています。才能の職種ですから動画以上に個人差はあります

Once you get promoted up to being a key animator you get paid 3500-4000 yen a cut and are expected to do around 50 cuts a month. So that is 175000 yen at the low end or about $1500 a month.

Backgrounds have been outsourced to lesser asian countries for decades.
We're seeing weird 3D CGI background animations though. Like extras that look like they had procedural generated motion. It looks shit.

Bulgaria but I'm like a level 2 support and shit. Entry positions are about $4-5/hour

Croatia?
Srsly im laughing here reading how much money you guys make with shit jobs, it's funny how bad it is here

>back when I was NEET.
From autismbux?

Not the guy you're talking to, but:
Какъв съпорт по-точно? Не питам за имена на фирми, само области. Как би си описал работата?

>$1500
I earn a multiple of that for creating nothing of value. Fuck life.

You'd literally be better off working at Mcdonald's part time.
I feel bad for all the aspiring young men & women in Japan that want to be animators...

Anime is a niche medium. You can't animators to be well paid when most anime can't even break 2k sales.

sf hosting

Aww man sheet
I was lvl 2 over 6 sectors, from commercial, it, support, admin, billing anf i had 6$ but then again bulgaria has a better standard

Haha in mine is the equivalent of 4 dollars a day when converted to my currency.

It's not a Japanese problem. The creative arts usually don't pay dick. That's why the whole starving artist cliche is a thing and most people consider going to art school a very unprofitable idea.

Has anyone ever publicly addressed the suicides of the animators?

It's not as if it is unique either it is the going rate.
Artland
artland.co.jp/recruit.html
>動画単価200円以上
>原画単価3,800円以上

200 yen a drawing inbetween animation, 3800 yen a cut key animation.

Compared to others…PA Works is making efforts to improve.

Kind of on topic, but how much do voice actors in Japan make over animators?

>10,780 yen a day
Its 9 hours of work, that's only 6930 yen or 6160 if they discount lunch time

Oh. Thanks.
I work in a completely different field; I was just curious about the pay.

Link to table? Planing to do some solo traveling myself and I need a working travel budget that won't break the bank.

Average clappistan still spends half his paycheck on rent alone. It's fun to laugh at those rates after converting currency, but when you compare average spendings and prices it's relatively the same.

Why don't animators just live below their means?

Entry level animator is the same as flipping burgers. If you want to make any real money, you need talent and/or to rub elbows with the right people. Then you move up the chain.

Not anime, fuck off.

I remember there being a chart about this.
A-list seiyuu got 1000 times what an animator gets IIRC.

kanaday.com/money.html
The info might be a bit outdated here and there, though; take caution.
The table with the various prices is around the middle of the page.

Even key animators make shit money.
Although I am sure the more skilled ones that are well known and in high demand can command a higher price per cut.

You seem to be upset, user.

>Average clappistan still spends half his paycheck on rent alone.
That's a self-imposed problem. There are always ways to save on rent, most people just choose not to. For example, when buying a house people generally look for the fanciest one they can possibly afford on a 30-year mortgage instead of getting a more practical home for cheaper and pay it off with a 10-year mortgage. Lots of people don't even put down a 20% down payment when buying a home anymore, which is full-retard because if you can't afford to scrape up 20% of the cost of the house you sure as shit can't pay off 100% of the cost.

There's always outsourcing.

Sadly my country has the same pricing like germany or higher but not nearly as big of a paycheck, it's hilarious when i compare prices and then they hear about my pay it's that blank huh? Reaction

He have the same amount of money in numbers
Lets say 3k but the currency isnt $ but 1/7 of one and our prices are eu prices+25%

>For example, when buying a house people generally look for the fanciest one they can possibly afford on a 30-year mortgage instead of getting a more practical home for cheaper and pay it off with a 10-year mortgage.
Maybe they have family planning in mind when they make these decisions? The practical home is good, sure, but it might not have enough room for potentially 1 to 3 kids. Plus many home buyers are looking to settle down and while keeping in mind that their decision might stick with them for the rest of their lives, or at least until retirement.
I get what you're saying though.
Thank god I inherited a payed off house and don't ever have to make these tough decisions any time soon.

>can socially relate only to 2D characters
Should I mail charity directly to the animators to support my hobby?

hey, some people live with 3-4€ an hour over here

>Work at P.A. Works
>This happens

You left out the voluntary (mandatory) unpaid overtime.

>The practical home is good, sure, but it might not have enough room for potentially 1 to 3 kids.
Then they're doing things assbackwards. Wanting to have kids doesn't magically make a 30-year mortgage with less than 20% down a good financial decision. If you can't afford a house then you sure as shit can't afford kids yet either. That's why most parents are so hopelessly in debt. They buy a house and end up spending almost twice the original cost over 30 years in interest and PMI. Meanwhile they pump out three kids, which means any and all spare money goes to raising those things. If they're lucky and don't go bankrupt then they'll be above water again when they're fucking 65 and ready to put one foot in the grave.

at this point in my life I'd take any job

Are you mad? Adressing it would just burden everybody. Read the mood.

>A-list seiyuu
There are like a dozen of them.
And then there are hundreds of seiyuus getting only support roles and occasional main roles in shitty no-name anime shows. There were multiple articles mentioning they barely get paid as well.

It's more than what I make

That's more than expected. Better paid per hour than working for welfare, anyway. Depending on costs of living, you could probably survive.

It seems that this building was made from local waste wood.

What did P.A. Works mean by this?

Shirobako taught me that you can't win in the Anime industry

>Become an animator
>Make money that wouldn't buy your sweat

>Become a seiyuu
>Go long periods without work and have little chance of success

>Become an intern
>Get sexually harassed

>Become a CG animator
>End up doing dead-end work for vidya

>Get sexually harassed
Where do I sign up?

Working at a convenience store pays better than that.

Are you a well-read JD who has lots of enthusiasm, is sharp as a tack, and is easy on the eyes?

Congratulations! You can have a male co-worker tell you that you only have your job because you're eye-candy for your superiors.

Does 0 out of 5 still qualify?

>between 1800-2300 EUR a month
>there are people that complain about this

>tfw I earn three times more than that in my shitty part-time night filler
Jesus Christ, I feel sorry for these animators. No wonder they want to suicide.

,780 yen a day
>Eh, It's a good wage

They are at the company for 9 hours, but they don't get paid for their lunch hour, so that's only 8 hours of pay per day. 8 x 770 = 6160 yen, before taxes. They're only getting 2.2 million yen per year, which is just under $20,000 USD before taxes. According to Google, the income tax for this bracket is 10%, so at the end of the day, they are earning less than nothing.

No. Sekuhara is for pretty girls with a delightful touch of JD sluttiness like Rii-chan

>my salary is $300
And I work like a horse

so how are the costs for living in Japan?