Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

Pls watch this show

Other urls found in this thread:

myanimelist.net/people/1545/Hiroko_Konishi
kissanime.ru/Anime/Fushigi-Mahou-Fun-Fun-Pharmacy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sell it to me without spoiling, it has loli im assuming so i am considering it

1. You have only one pretty, sweet and smart little witch, Potpourri (Kaori Nishino), so you will get emotional with her, especially at the end.
2. Simple but extraordinary stories (underwater town, going into a painting to help the painter remember the past etc.), it's like reading the best children literature (and I mean rather Astrid Lindgren, not JK Rowling).
3. Simplistic yet aesthetic colorful, polychromatic animation.
4. Voice acting is 10/10. Hiroko Konishi is world class actress.

5. The show never goes retard, it is never childish, never is being stupid (like "funny" Doremi sequences)
6. (Un)fortunately no transformation sequence or witch fights. But look at no. 5, no child stuff.
7. A LOT OF references to the japanese culture (for ex. legendary 'kitsune', seasons). And I mean tradition and history, not fucking otaku stuff who thinks "culture" means "otaku culture".
7. The optimistic message. It's like Bruno Bettleheim's child psychology in action.
8. Funny OP and beautiful yet sorrowful ending song.
9. Each episode is 9 minutes long, so no time required. And each episode is independant, so there is no need to concentrate on continuity.

10. Watch 3rd or 4th episode, where there is no honey in town's shops... unbelievable how a simple premise can be so original and incredible in its execution.

11. Undisputable mastery when it comes to mixing realities. As if creators had PhD in ontologic philosophy of Parmenides.

12. And you said you're into loli... I have bad news, it's zero-level sexualization, so nothing for you. Or maybe you like to imagine things based on asexual premise? You must judge for yourself! Panties were in Doremi, here you have no panties stuff. It's CULTURE, not popculture.

Wasn't it only yesterday you made this thread? Why do you want people to watch it so much

It's worth it, see said arguments up. And besides me, no one has been making these threads since 1999 hehe.

This user has been trying to bring this series some light, which is pretty nice. It's a great, but underrated show. It's hard to sell an old show to Sup Forums nowadays, though.

Well, at least he got me to watch it. It's something.

I'm glad you liked it!
Normally I don't give a damn about older anime just because it's older. But Fun Fun Pharmacy is magnificent. It has also a special place in my heart because it's one of the first animo I've watched and until now, it's hard for other shows to top it.

I'm watching it, too. Thanks to yesterday's thread. I'm just wondering if the reason is so you can discuss it or just really like it so others must know or what

well good job because im more than likely to watch it once i get around to kukuri

no sexualization in the show itself is fine, i use the show to get a feel for the character while i look up the doujinshi

I'd love to discuss some episodes with others but no one watched it until now.
Maybe it's my magic and hommage to this show? Dunno.
One thing is certain. If you ever read "The Little Prince" by Saint Exupéry, you will see that Fun Fun Pharmacy is a condensed Little Prince on steroids and its stories surpass the french novella in creativity and magical elements.

I think I saw an animated movie of that. Still don't know what those tiny planets were or how the dudes ended up in the city but okay
Also, in the first episode when Potpourri was talking to the witch and she started crying, lmao that shit was too real

Hiroko Konishi
myanimelist.net/people/1545/Hiroko_Konishi
why isn't she in more anime? Her voice is absolutely gorgeous

Link a batch with all episoded and I will it straight away

backlog keeps growing

Potpourri can be very emotional, but she's down-to-earth and optimistic most times.

kissanime.ru/Anime/Fushigi-Mahou-Fun-Fun-Pharmacy

>The witch who runs the pharmacy is a fat old hag.
No thanks. They could have roped me with a hot older female.

Sorry you had other expectations.
I think this show is really progressive: 2 lead females, old lady and young child.
Unlike this show with young pretty Tuxedo's bitches...

will watch it

Normal, healthy reaction I guess.

>6 posters
kek

one last bump

I remember watching this not too long after it aired, and liking it, although I can't remember anything beyond that at all. Maybe it's time for a rewatch.

it's definitely time to rewatch it, user.

Does anyone have the manga btw?

Wonder what next good simple anime would be promoted around here?
Hopefully my favourite Mari and Gali especially when S2 finally got fully subbed recently

The episode with the magic lipstick was awesome.

Not only stars, right Pinch?

Looks cute. I've been adding a lot of these older magical girl shows to my backlog lately.

Underappreciated and forgotten.