Comedy anime

>Comedy anime
>Its full of obscure kanji puns that baka gaijins will never understand

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.kumetan.net/
kumetan.wikidot.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pleb and gaijin filter. SZS and Joshiraku were made for proud, nationalist Japanese people.

That's why I learn japanese

I love that.

Keeps the casualfags away

Keep the threads dead too.

It's fun.

How many of these are legit kanji? I know two.

A nice bonus.

>この人は日ノ本の言語を理解できません

Yeah, just two.
Fat and Dog.

Yay, I'm qualified to watch Joshiraku!

Even if you don't know the specific kanji, the joke here is still pretty easy to understand.

That never stops me from enjoying an anime.

>paying attention to these shitty puns

Anime is made with Japanese people in mind. Stop the fucking presses.

I still liked joshiraku. some user a long time ago said it was basically sienfield, I didn't get the jokes but it was still ok.

I hoped Sup Forums out of all places would appreciate a joke that doesn't translate into English.

I don't mind this shit but when I see people laughing at it and then I ask them to explain the joke just to get "I don't speak japanese, I wouldn't know" as an answer I'm getting angry.

How do you see people through their screens?

What's weird is that there are dozens of anons that are literate enough in Japanese to get the jokes and yet there are hundreds of anons that will praise that anime as one of the best ever created

>he isn't a wizard yet

Low-key the best girl.

Really? Kumeta's puns are simple enough that you don't exactly need to be fluent to understand them

It's almost like the comedy genre has a high cultural discount. Woah.

Japs must feel the same with dumb english puns wordplay.
Non slapstick comedy in general doesn't translate well to other languages, is a very cultural thing.

>puns
Wow, how will I ever go on without getting to hear some jokes from lowest kind of comedy there is. Am I missing some catchphrases and pop culture references, too?

Joshiraku was aots

The Japanese really love South Park, and there's gotta be at least a handful of jokes in every single episode that don't make sense or don't translate well to them either.
Certain elements of comedy are universal.

>tfw lost my BB folder years ago
That FotM boost she got once was great.

I am sorry for your loss.

I'm almost certain Japs don't even get a bunch of jokes in Joshiraku. Some of them are so abstract that I'm surprised any average person would understand a fucking joke based on Chinese exploding watermelons

A true masterpiece. One of the few good harems out there.

There's a Japanese wiki devoted to explaining all the jokes and references in SZS and Joshiraku.
wiki.kumetan.net/
Every episode and chapter has its own full length page. It's insane.

I'm going to watch the Halloween episode right now for festivity

What was the joke with the long-haired brother's name again?

Is South Park really that popular in Japan? The only thing I've seen that hinted at that was the South Park reference in FLCL but FLCL didn't do that well in Japan.

Could be worse.

There's also our sorry English version kumetan.wikidot.com/

Mostly the TL Notes from Suimasen's releases, but we pulled a lot of the references from the Kumetan.

Sadly Kumetan is much less comprehensive for Kumeta's more recent works.

Keep up the good work

If that user asking for Kakushigoto is around: I have 45 pages of Kumeta chapters ready for all I care (not all Kakushigoto) but QC brought up some points which the translator has to decide on. I have no idea when he will come around next time though.

>three brothers
Poor Enishi

WHY JAPANESE PEOPLE?
OKASHII DESHOU!

Japanese humor sucks.

As someone just starting nip, I don't get it. They didn't use ん?

That's the joke

I guess that's the logical order of things then.

I know, it's really disappointing. If I enjoy the show this show so much already, imagine the enjoyment if I understood all the jap culture references and language based gags. Still a ton of the references are to stuff popular in the west

I have seen south park reference from 3 anime beside flcl

>there are EOPs on this board RIGHT NOW that cannot answer this question

Reminded me a lot of Pani Poni but I still enjoyed them both.

>character makes a pun
>subtitles explode all over the screen with a 10 page explanation on what it means
Feels bad

Old Shaft was awesome.
Madoka and *monogatari ruined everything.

gg released PPD with separate PDF files for each episode that contained explanations for every single reference.

Yeah downloading that really showed me how much I was missing out on watching these joke heavy shows.

I disagree

It's all about the pacing the jokes are told, it won't ever quit, one after another after another. SHAFT's directing style was taylored for that kinda shit.

It also gives itself some jokey distance from the usual pandering always present in the genre, while constantly explotating it to grotesque extents.