Dubs and Subs

What's your preference in regards to dubs versus subs? Do you follow any particular rules or just one or the other every time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/R6H0i1RAdHk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I prefer you get

>whatever the language is of the first clip or preview I see of the product is what I watch the show in
I saw a clip of Kobayashi's Maid Dragon subbed, so I watched it subbed.
I saw a clip of Hero Academia dubbed, so I watched it dubbed.

You know damn well what most people here prefer

Why would I watch Japanese media for some low quality generic American voicing acting, horrible voice direction, rewrites and all this stuff not in the original creators vision ?

I don't see how any non-American can even watch dubs they localize/rewrite to the casual Amerifat so hard it's cringe. Nobody should even consider dubs unless the original Japanese team is overseeing it so nothing is changed

The original manga?

>dub

Im not a normalfag.

I watch it in raw Japanese. Any person who is dedicated to his hobby would learn the language.

I look up a side by side comparison and pick dub if it's at least even with sub.

Why are those shitty threads allowed again?

I prefer subs because anime plots are usually just too dumb for me to watch when I can actually understand what people are saying. There is a disconnect when I have to read to understand.

I mute the audio and read their lips.

I prefer dubs.

check 'em

Didnt think anyone else did this

I watch the first episode for both languages and then I continue with whichever one I liked more.

oh fuck off. subbing is as much of a rewrite as a dub, except it's usually a group of half a dozen people who sub for a hobby rather than a studio in charge of dubbing. If you can't speak the language but think you're superior because you watch the sub, you're just a fucking weaboo.

>oh fuck off. subbing is as much of a rewrite as a dub,

Retard, maybe the absolute worst subs like gabriel dropout in recent memory from CR but they don't go adding in american references or cultural jokes like dubs do

>you're just a fucking weaboo.
What a insult to use here dubfag

Dubs are localizations while subs just translate.
Subs are closer to the original, so they should always be watched first.
Japanese culture is often an important part in anime and part of the whole aesthetic, having them speak English is just stupid.

Depends on the show. If it's something heavily inspired by western stuff like Bepbop, Dandy, and PSG then it's dub no question, any other show? No thanks.

If the dub was done anywhere other than L.A or Dallas, I'm not gonna give it a second thought

>if it takes place in Japan
sub
>if it takes place in US/UK
dub
>if the dub is just really good
dub
>if the dub is awful
sub

Confirmed massive fucking faggot here, think he's better because he reads anime instead of just watching and listening. DUMBASS.

There are already two of these threads

These dubs are better

If you have to ask you have to spend two more years lurking.

ITT: dogma

I always go with sub by default, but if a series is known for having a dub that's on par with or superior to the original then I'll go with the dub

Fuck dubs.
>Dub: Oh golly no! *incredibly thick Californian accent*
>Original:YAMEROOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Accents were actually fitting in the jojo Dub.

If by fitting you mean bordering on parody I agree. Joseph was fucking Nigel from Kids Next Door.

>dedicated
>hobby
>not a fag

Pick 2

I fail to see how "YAMEROOOOO" isn't the terrible one here.

Its so strange as this just came up for me. I was starting dragon maid yesterday and I was having trouble deciding between sub and dub. I ended watching the first episode in dub, but with a sub open in another window, and I compared some scenes to see if the jokes were basically the same.

It wasn't too different to I ended up choosing dub, but I was also influenced in that its a show I usually watch in the evening, so I prefer being able to zone out and just listen to the dialogue than reading it around that time.

Same deal with assassination classroom and some other shows I watched in the evenings.

Others I treat like like in spice and wolf, English just seems to fit the setting better, same with dubs like Black Butler (even if the other servants voices get a bit too Monty python esque for me) and Van Helsing, something about hearing a character that's meant to be Irish speaking in a Japanese voice just irks me.

Then stuff like Cowboy Bebop and Baccano I just prefer the English voice acting. I'm usually conflicted in whether or not I'm getting the right tonne/story for the show I'm watching when watching a dub, but I've never felt disappointed by any dub I have watched.

Am I the only one who watches subs when the anime takes place in Japan, and dubs when the characters would be naturally speaking English?

Kill yourself.

Why are you even here?

The characters just sound more natural in Japanese. A lot of times the dub wouldn't bother to have the voices match the environment. I also hate when they change dialogue and shit. Like in One Piece in Jap each character has a unique laugh like "ZEHAHA" but then the dub just makes it a normal laugh. Fuck it I just prefer the original material and vision. I might as well just read the manga.

Dubs are ike this youtu.be/R6H0i1RAdHk
Original audio track with subs every day.

>dubs
>ever